XE7 / Delphi - IDE is "unable to lacate" RTL source files

If I right-click, say TTouches, in the IDE and select [Find Declaration] I am getting an error, "Unable to locate file FMX.Types.pas".

I see similar errors (for FXM.Xxx and VCL.Xxx units) while debugging.

How can I fix this? I am SERIOUSLY hoping that I'm not going to have to manually add a series of directories to search paths, or anything like that.

Any help [as always] is much appreciated.

Thanks!
0
Free

First use of XE7, "Delphi Package Output Directory", "path is too long"
I have been using Delphi 2010, and also had XE2 installed (but never used it). Yesterday I purchased the Delphi XE7 update, and installed it. Upon first launch, I got this dialog: {code} Warning [window title] Your current Delphi Package Output Directory is not part of your system path. In order to use runtime packages that are built into this directory, this directory needs to be on your path. However, it appears that your current system path is too long. Please manually edit your system path to remove unnecessary items and/or include this directory. Directory to be added: c:\User...

"File" to "File$date"
Okay... Thanks for all your answers! From all, I combinded the perfext solution: rename("test.txt", "test" . &heute() . ".txt"); sub heute { return (localtime(time))[3] . (localtime(time))[4] . = ((localtime(time))[5] 1900); } Thanks ;) Andreas -----Urspr=FCngliche Nachricht----- Von: Sudarshan Raghavan [mailto:sraghav@india.hp.com]=20 Gesendet: Samstag, 14. September 2002 15:21 An: Perl beginners Betreff: Re: AW: Rename "File" to "File$date" On Sat, 14 Sep 2002, Sudarshan Raghavan wrote: >=20 > #!/...

Delphi source not in "Browsing Path".
I'm trying to debug an access violation that is occuring in a delphi source unit. This is an application I'm trying to migrate from Delphi 2007 to XE3. In 2007 the delphi source units are in the browsing path by default. But in XE3 (and xe2) they are not there. Anyone know why that changed it? Is there a "quick" way to add all the source units? Thanks Allen Allen Noland wrote: > I'm trying to debug an access violation that is occuring in a delphi source unit. This is an application I'm trying to migrate from Delphi 2007 to XE3. In 2007 the delphi sou...

Rename "File" to "File$date"
Hy everybody in the List! I have a Problem writing a little perl application... Im a very newbie to programming and need your help :) The Problem is: I have a file "dev.txt" and I want to rename it once a day (with a = cronjob) like "dev13092002.txt" So i need to rename it with a date variable. All I have at the moment is: #!/usr/bin/perl $d =3D `date`; $d =3D /pattern1(pattern2)/; sytem("cp test.txt test`$d`.txt"); Does anyone of you know how to do that? THANKS in advance! =09 | Telematikzentrum D=FCrrwangen GmbH &am...

Delphi 2007 assert
The assertion message from Delphi 2007 is... "(!"SetThreadContext failed")" in ..\win32src\thread32.cpp at line 412 Any way I can patch this out? CodeGear™ Delphi® 2007 for Win32® Version 11.0.2902.10471 El 18/01/2014 21:48, Michael Leahy escribió: > The assertion message from Delphi 2007 is... > > "(!"SetThreadContext failed")" in ..\win32src\thread32.cpp at line 412 > > Any way I can patch this out? > > CodeGear™ Delphi® 2007 for Win32® Version 11.0.2902.10471 > An unofficial fix fo...

[XE2] "Delphi.Personality" and platform "Win32" missing or unavailable
Today I reinstall XE2 with update 1, when I try to run the application, I got following error message, I am sure it used to works fine before rebuilding my PC. [DCC Fatal Error] Exception Exception: Compiler for personality "Delphi.Personality" and platform "Win32" missing or unavailable. [DCC Error] Compiler for personality "Delphi.Personality" and platform "Win32" missing or unavailable. so what I can do now to work around it? solved, I removed the environment varible platform(platform=win32) and not get this error message again. > {qu...

NOT SOLVED "Delphi.Personality" and platform "win32" missing or unavailable
Hello, Just installed (21st February 2012) Delphi XE2 Starter. Build 16.0.4276.44006 *Installed Updates* (RAD Studio XE2 Delphi and C++ Builder Update 1) (BTW why can't this info be copied instead of typing from Help>About) Got: *[DCC Error] Compiler for personality "Delphi.Personality" and platform "win32" missing or unavailable* when trying to run 1st Sample VBlock (BTW why there is no standard Hello World to show that IDE works?) *In spite of CASE SOLVED:* Report #: 98901 Status: Closed "Delphi.Personality" and platform "Win32...

[XE2] "Delphi.Personality" and platform "Win32" missing or unavailable
I'm using Windows Vista Business 32-bit and C++ Builder XE2. When I create a new VCL project, add some Delphi files (.pas) to the project and try to compile, I receive the following error messages: {code} [DCC Fatal Error] Exception Exception: Compiler for personality "Delphi.Personality" and platform "Win32" missing or unavailable. [DCC Error] Compiler for personality "Delphi.Personality" and platform "Win32" missing or unavailable. {code} Normally, in C++ Builder XE, when I add some Delphi files to my projects, it compiles without any prob...

Convert "xls" file to "txt" file
Hi, I hope someone can help. I need to convert an Excel spreadsheet to an ASCI text file, in order to import data into a datawindow. I want to try and avoid asking users to save their files as text files and there are issues surrounding the use of ODBC to link to Excel. I am currently able to view my Excel data by way of an OLE object but if I try "Getdata", only the first 72 rows are imported to a string or blob and then subsequently to the datawindow. So I am looking for an OLE function which will "save as" my file. Help would be greatly appeciated. ...

"Sneak Preview: Delphi 2011 is Delphi XE"
Today, Delphi's Welcome page showed this: Sneak Preview: Delphi 2011 is Delphi XE http://www.embarcadero.com/rad-studio-xe-preview When trying to watch the video, it gives an error message: Server not found: rtmp://etnastream01.embarcadero.com/vod/ How nice :-( Achim Achim Kalwa wrote: > Sneak Preview: Delphi 2011 is Delphi XE > http://www.embarcadero.com/rad-studio-xe-preview > > When trying to watch the video, it gives an error message: > > Server not found: > rtmp://etnastream01.embarcadero.com/vod/ Works for me on second try (first ...

.ALLCOL("%COLUMN%", " ", ", ", ", ")

install delphi xe7 up1 "Retry Extraction"
my system is win8.1 (64bit). and when i I did run the installer ,it says: 《 Extraction of installation data downloaded from the web has failed. What would you like to do: Download a fresh copy of the installation data. try to extract the existing download data again. if you choose canel ,setup will exit .your existing download date will be preserved. 》 yet. that is the problem. and i try install the xe4、xe5 ,the same question. i clear the cache that where in<c:/progdata{....}> not ok and Uncheck Real-time scanning not ok This error means you cannot communi...

Convert a Static Library ".a" header file to Delphi
Hi, I have bough the RedPark serial cable to connect my iPad to one of our product. I have very little knowledge of XCode and I am trying to interface the static library with Delphi Mobile and the Fire Monkey. I spent 2 days trying to understand how the conversion works but it seems I am missing something. Is there someone who can help me with an example on how to proceed. I believe I have the header file converted to delphi unit. The 2 files compile without error. I have a class for the delegate and I have the manager (see below). I have instantiate TRscMgr class but it seems th...

install delphi xe7 up1 "Retry Extraction"
my system is win8.1 (64bit). and when i I did run the installer ,it says: 《 Extraction of installation data downloaded from the web has failed. What would you like to do: Download a fresh copy of the installation data. try to extract the existing download data again. if you choose canel ,setup will exit .your existing download date will be preserved. 》 yet. that is the problem. and i try install the xe4、xe5 ,the same question. i clear the cache that where in<c:/progdata{....}> not ok and Uncheck Real-time scanning not ok This error means you cannot communi...

Web resources about - XE7 / Delphi - IDE is "unable to lacate" RTL source files - embarcadero.delphi.ide