XE3 - Debugging mode - Delphi XE3 crashes

Hello,

we have a big problem with Delphi XE3. If we run our application in the IDE with the Release Build-Configuration, all works fine. But if we run the application with the Debug-Configuration the IDE crashes with the message <Accessviolation in ntdll.dll'. After that Delphi have to restart. This happens before our application is started.
We don't have AQTime installed.
My collegue have the same problem and he has other components installed as I have.
Without debugger we can't use Delphi XE3.

I hope, you have some ideas, what we can do.

Best wishes
Bernhard Roos
0
Registered

Further information. We are using Win64 operation system. If the compiling platform is Win64, all works fine. If the compiling platform is Win32, it crashes.
But if we in the project options set the checkbox "Debug information in separate TDS File" and the checkbox "With extern Debug symbols", then it works also with Win32 platform.

Best wishes
Bernhard

> {quote:title=Registered User wrote:}{quote}
> Hello,
>
> we have a big problem with Delphi XE3. If we run our application in the IDE with the Release Build-Configuration, all works fine. But if we run the application with the Debug-Configuration the IDE crashes with the message <Accessviolation in ntdll.dll'. After that Delphi have to restart. This happens before our application is started.
> We don't have AQTime installed.
> My collegue have the same problem and he has other components installed as I have.
> Without debugger we can't use Delphi XE3.
>
> I hope, you have some ideas, what we can do.
>
> Best wishes
> Bernhard Roos
0
Registered
3/21/2013 7:30:38 AM
>Registered User wrote:

You certainly have an interesting name. Do you go by Registered or Mr User?
0
quinn
3/22/2013 2:44:30 PM
Looks like...

"quinn wildman" <qwildman@nospam.embarcadero.com> wrote in message
> >Registered User wrote:
>
> You certainly have an interesting name. Do you go by Registered or Mr
> User?

he goes by "Bernhard".

Can you help him with his crashes?
0
david
3/22/2013 2:51:28 PM
david hoke wrote:
> he goes by "Bernhard".
>
> Can you help him with his crashes?
Nope, dunno. If I did, I would have said so. :-)
0
quinn

> I hope, you have some ideas, what we can do.

Have you installed Update 2?

Have you tried installing IDE Fix Pack 5.1?
( http://andy.jgknet.de/blog/ide-tools/ide-fix-pack-2009-10/ )

It fixes some bugs IDE bugs.

I'm having some other problems with debug in XE3. Debugging in 32bit works as expected.
And in one project, debug in 64bits is impossible. Very hard to duplicate though. Sometimes I work for hours without any problems. But there are some days that I can't open that project. It throughs AV on any line I place a breakpoint, and the code reaches that line.
Somehow reporting in QC " I can't debug 64bit my project on Mondays" would sound as if I'm crazy. LOL
(NB1: Virus scan is scheduled for saturdays! ;) )

Hope IDE FixPack solves your problem.

Clément
0
Clement

XE3 IDE crashes when not started as administrator
Hello, XE3 IDE crashes just right after showing the splash screen. When started with the 'run as administrator' option it starts correctly. I've already disabled the update check at start. There's no particular error I can report ! It's running on french Win7 64bit (Delphi is installed in english as I usually do to avoid the errors due to the localization...) Does someone have an idea ? Thanks. Regards Frederic > {quote:title=SCHENCKEL Frederic wrote:}{quote} > XE3 IDE crashes just right after showing the splash screen. > When started...

BDE, XE3 and Interbase XE3
Hi, I am busy converting old paradox databases into Interbase databases (and modifying the structure, etc) I created an application which did this just fine with Delphi XE2 (Opening the paradox, restructuring and saving into a Interbase DB) At that time I was running Interbase 2009 (Never bothered to update that) However, I now converted to XE3 and deleted Interbase 2009 and installed Interbase XE3. However I now get an error when the application loads 'An error occurred while attempting to initialize Borland Database Engine (error $210A)' Any explanation and preferably also ...

[XE3 Update 1] Create a new TDataModule on the IDE still crash
Just 3 steps: 1. Open RAD Studio XE3 2. File, New, VCL Forms Application - C++Builder 3. File, New, Other, C++Builder Files, Data module, Ok BDS crash! [Embarcadero RAD Studio fow Windows has stopped working] Using: Windows 7, 32bits Was this a known issue? By the way, this also happens with Delphi! Hello, Am 12.12.2012 18:40, schrieb Luis Branca: > Just 3 steps: > > 1. Open RAD Studio XE3 > 2. File, New, VCL Forms Application - C++Builder > 3. File, New, Other, C++Builder Files, Data module, Ok > BDS crash! [Embarcadero RAD Studio fow Windows has sto...

XE3
What’s new in RAD XE3 for DataSnap??? http://www.embarcadero.com/ru/rad-xe3-preview I was told bugfixes. ...

XE2 & XE3 IDE Slowdowns & Crashes appear to be AQTime related? [Edit]
Our company has a lot of large Delphi codebase applications. We have experienced regular IDE performance hits and crashes with both XE2 and now XE3, even with Fix Packs installed. What appears to have solved this is simply uninstalling AQTime by SmartBear. In doing so we experienced significant IDE improvements in regards to *stability and performance* in the following areas: * Building & Linking improvements (especially removing Out Of Memory errors) * Full Code Insight Enabled (no more noticeable performance issues even with very large projects loaded) * General IDE editing...

Crash, crash, crash, crash, crash...
Name: Product: Firefox Summary: Crash, crash, crash, crash, crash... Comments: All versions I've tried since 3.0 are crash happy, on both Windows & Mac. This latest 3.6.13 for Mac OS X is no exception, it's like running alphaware. Just access http://www.blogdelnarco.com (among many others), and within 2-3 seconds she goes Tango Unicorn and dumps you at the desktop. I used to love FF and recommended it to all, but no longer. Really it isn't worth the trouble. What follows is the crash report sent to Apple: Process: firefox-bin [19988] Path: ...

crash crash crash crash CRASH
Name: Pete VANHEE Email: vanhee Product: Firefox Summary: crash crash crash crash CRASH Comments: please how can I get my old Firefox browser back ? I can't work like this; 3.0 crashes several times a day; it's bloody annoying Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; nl; rv:1.9) Gecko/2008052906 Firefox/3.0 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ ...

Crashing, Crashing, Crashing, ....and more Crashing
Name: Dale Email: davidsdaleatgmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Crashing, Crashing, Crashing, ....and more Crashing Comments: To whom it may concern: Please explain to me why does your product crashes so much. Please dont tell me it is my hardware or software. Besides for that, This is one of the best products You can get. I dont want to depart from it. Please help. Thank you in advanced, for your reply. Kind regards -Dale. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:1.9.1b3) Gecko/20090305 Firefox/3.1b3 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.or...

IB XE3 Developer Version vs. Full Version IB XE3
Hello, I have installed the Developer Edition of Interbase XE3 that came with Delphi XE6. I have also purchased and installed Interbase XE3 ToGo. This is on Windows 7 64 bit OS. I have tried to work through the Interbase XE Quick Start documentation and have found that the Developer Edition appears to generate different files for the Tutorial from the ones listed in the Interbase XE Quick Start document. I can create a database (at least I think I did) for user name “TUTOR” with password Tutor4ib. However when I click on that “Tutorial” database, then on the “Tables” symbol under ...

[XE3 Update 1] Is there a list of bugs fixed in XE3 Update 1?
[XE3 Update 1] Is there a list of bugs fixed in XE3 Update 1? I suspected a storage overlay or maybe a problem with the memory manager that was causing addressing exceptions when destroying variants after FastReport->Prepare was called. These exceptions do not occur anymore after XE3 Update 1 is installed. I would like to see who found the error and where it was at. Larry Kalos Inc. I second a request for a bug fix list. XE3 without update 1 is again a great disappointment from Embarcadero. Too many bugs, causing IDE to crash during debugging and unable to inspect var...

TRibbon Controls in XE3 crash all the time ...
I'm a user of the old Borland CBuilder6 (BCB6) - I have been using it for many years and really like it - still use it. I downloaded the trial version of C++Builder XE3 Professional and was happy to see that (with some effort - but that is normal) some old (but complex) BCB6 software programs could be compiled under XE3 to get both win32 and x64 executables. So based on this experience, our company recently purchased a copy of C++Builder XE3 Professional. So far the good news ... Since times change we want to do a re-design of our old software in XE3. Looking at XE3 and other ap...

XE3 vs CBuilder 5, IDE
The subject might be a bit cryptic, but bear with me. Over the years I've written many components, all in CBuilder 5. On occasion, I mess things up, sometimes badly.And by badly, I mean my component triggers a fatal exception of some kind (stack overflow, for example). Now, in the CBuilder 5 IDE this was never problematic, as the IDE itself had it's roots firmly in the VCL. Translation: When I place a component with a fatal exception inside onto a form, the exception surfaces in a message box. I click <ok>, and the IDE itself is still alive and kicking. I ca n, at the very le...

Subversion in XE3 crashes all the time [Edit]
Does anyone use the subversion of XE3? Whenever I try to get files from an URL, the comnpletete IDE crashes in a hard way. Windows popups a dialog "An Error in Apllication occured and must be shutdown" (something like that, as I use a localised Windows). On Confirming this dialog, the IDE gets completly shutdown by Windows. This is the URL I'm try to open: http://thtmlviewer.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/ In XE I can just find get the files from that URL. As Such I renamed the bin\subversion directory now, and replaced it with the subversion directory of XE. Now I can get the f...

XE3 Developer Version vs. ToGo Version vs. full IB XE3 Version
I started out with the developer edition in Delphi XE6. Then I purchased and installed the Interbase XE3 ToGo edition. However, as I had problems tracking the steps in the Interbase XE3 Quick Start Guide with the Developer Edition and the ToGo Edition, I purchased and installed the regular Interbase XE3 edition. Now, I do not know what version is running when I click on the Server (the Server box only contains the bottom label of “properties” and does not show the two buttons for “Server Properties” an d “Guardian Properties”. Then when I attempt to login to SYSDBA with the password “mast...

MouseMove override crashes in 64 bit XE3
I derived a class from TGraphicControl where I override the MouseMove function. In 64 bit, when I move the mouse over it, it crashes somewhere in VCL without reaching my code. 32 bit works Ok. I made a little test program that does it too. {code} class TMouseControl : public TGraphicControl { public: __fastcall TMouseControl(TComponent* Owner) : TGraphicControl(Owner) {}; private: DYNAMIC void __fastcall MouseMove(Classes::TShiftState Shift, int X, int Y) {}; //virtual void __fastcall MouseMove(Classes::TShiftState Shift, int X, int Y) {}; DYNAMIC void __fastcall MouseDow...

Web resources about - XE3 - Debugging mode - Delphi XE3 crashes - embarcadero.delphi.ide

Debugging - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... here. For the shell command, see debug (command) . For the German magazine, see Debug (magazine) . For the 2014 film, see Debug (film) . Debugging ...

Debugging - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... here. For the shell command, see debug (command) . For the German magazine, see Debug (magazine) . For the 2014 film, see Debug (film) . Debugging ...

The Remote Agent Experiment: Debugging Code from 60 Million Miles Away - YouTube
Google Tech Talk February 14, 2012 Presented by Ron Garret. ABSTRACT The Remote Agent Experiment: Debugging Code from 60 Million Miles Away The ...

Taking the pain out of debugging with live programming
"Everyone knows that debugging is twice as hard as writing a program in the first place," Brian Kernighan once wrote (adding: "So if you're as ...

Microsoft acquires software for debugging Unity games
... Visual Studio's capabilities for game builders, Microsoft is acquiring SyntaxTree, creator of a widely used Visual Studio plug-in for debugging ...

Agile Learning, Debugging and Mikado Method in Methods & Tools Fall 2013 issue
Methods & Tools – the free e-magazine for software developers, testers and project managers – has just published its Fall 2013 issue with the ...

Apple releases Xcode 7.1.1 w/ fixes for critical Interface builder, debugging, and UI testing issues
... of the app, making for an improved developer experience. Apple also says the update fixes “critical issues” in the Interface Builder, debugging, ...

Chrome Beta for Android brings debugging tools to mobile web developers
YouTube link for mobile viewing Chrome Beta for Android brings a lot of cool features for users like you and me, but it also has a handy one ...