Unable to start Delphi IDE

Hi all,

All of a sudden I'm no longer to start Delphi 2010 if have started it once before
Upon starting the second time (after closing the first time) I get this error

Cannot create file "C:\Users\[USERNAME]\AppData\Local\Temp\EditorLineEnds.ttr". The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.

The file is definitely not being used by another process.
At this point only restarting Windows allows re-starting Delphi 2010.

Any idea what may be causing this?

Thanks in advance,

Gerrit Beuze
ModelMaker Tools
0
Gerrit

> > maybe this will be helpful:
> > http://edn.embarcadero.com/article/44076
> >
> I had the exact same error in D2007 and I wentto tyhat webpage and
> downloaded the dzEditorLineEndsFix utility. It now sits in my Win7
> Startup folder and I don't think about it anymore.
> No longer any such problems.
> Here a direct link to it:
> http://downloads.sourceforge.net/project/dzeditorlineendsfix/dzEditorLineEndsFix.zip?r=&ts=1424191091&use_mirror=waia

Thanks david and Bo,

Gerrit
0
Gerrit
2/17/2015 1:01:01 AM
Don't know why, with no updates, but...

"Gerrit Beuze" <gerrit@modelmakertools.com> wrote in message
>I found a similar problem described on SO:
> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/25295980/delphi-2006-2010-error-cannot-create-file-c-users-admin-appdata-local-temp-ed
>
> Still don't knwo why it suddenly started to appear, have had no windows
> updates or any other system changes.

maybe this will be helpful:
http://edn.embarcadero.com/article/44076

>> Hi all,
>>
>> All of a sudden I'm no longer to start Delphi 2010 if have started it
>> once before
>> Upon starting the second time (after closing the first time) I get this
>> error
>>
>> Cannot create file
>> "C:\Users\[USERNAME]\AppData\Local\Temp\EditorLineEnds.ttr". The process
>> cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.
>>

>> The file is definitely not being used by another process.
>> At this point only restarting Windows allows re-starting Delphi 2010.
>>
>> Any idea what may be causing this?
>>
>> Thanks in advance,
>>
>> Gerrit Beuze
>> ModelMaker Tools
0
david
2/17/2015 1:01:01 AM
I found a similar problem described on SO:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/25295980/delphi-2006-2010-error-cannot-create-file-c-users-admin-appdata-local-temp-ed

Still don't knwo why it suddenly started to appear, have had no windows updates or any other system changes.

Gerrit Beuze
ModelMaker Tools

> Hi all,
>
> All of a sudden I'm no longer to start Delphi 2010 if have started it once before
> Upon starting the second time (after closing the first time) I get this error
>
> Cannot create file "C:\Users\[USERNAME]\AppData\Local\Temp\EditorLineEnds.ttr". The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.
>

> The file is definitely not being used by another process.
> At this point only restarting Windows allows re-starting Delphi 2010.
>
> Any idea what may be causing this?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Gerrit Beuze
> ModelMaker Tools
0
Gerrit
2/17/2015 4:20:10 PM
On Tue, 17 Feb 2015 08:22:50 -0800, david hoke
<dhoke.nojunk@east-shore.com> wrote:

>Don't know why, with no updates, but...
>
>"Gerrit Beuze" <gerrit@modelmakertools.com> wrote in message
>>I found a similar problem described on SO:
>> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/25295980/delphi-2006-2010-error-cannot-create-file-c-users-admin-appdata-local-temp-ed
>>
>> Still don't knwo why it suddenly started to appear, have had no windows
>> updates or any other system changes.
>>

>maybe this will be helpful:
>http://edn.embarcadero.com/article/44076

I had the exact same error in D2007 and I wentto tyhat webpage and
downloaded the dzEditorLineEndsFix utility. It now sits in my Win7
Startup folder and I don't think about it anymore.
No longer any such problems.
Here a direct link to it:
http://downloads.sourceforge.net/project/dzeditorlineendsfix/dzEditorLineEndsFix.zip?r=&ts=1424191091&use_mirror=waia
0
Bo
2/17/2015 4:39:17 PM
Gerrit write:

> Cannot create file
> "C:\Users\[USERNAME]\AppData\Local\Temp\EditorLineEnds.ttr".

Known problem:

Solution for the EditorLineends.ttr issue
http://edn.embarcadero.com/article/44076

The latest IDE Fix Pack has a patch for that issue:

http://andy.jgknet.de/blog/2015/02/ide-fix-pack-5-8-for-2009-xe7-released/

{quote}
A new release of IDE Fix Pack for RAD Studio 2009-XE7 is available. The new
version 5.8 is available for all versions including the versions that I marked
“unsupported”. So all 2010, XE2-XE5 users can update from version 5.5 to
5.8 what gives them the "EditorLineEnd.ttr" patch.
{quote}

--
Remy Lebeau (TeamB)
0
On 17/02/2015 18:43, Remy Lebeau (TeamB) wrote:

> The latest IDE Fix Pack has a patch for that issue:
>
> http://andy.jgknet.de/blog/2015/02/ide-fix-pack-5-8-for-2009-xe7-released/

Got anything to stop the dreaded "an exception has been thrown by the
target of an invocation" error in BDS2006?

Cheers,

Gerald.
0
Gerald
2/17/2015 7:27:56 PM
Gerrit Beuze wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> All of a sudden I'm no longer to start Delphi 2010 if have started it
> once before Upon starting the second time (after closing the first
> time) I get this error
>
> Cannot create file
> "C:\Users\[USERNAME]\AppData\Local\Temp\EditorLineEnds.ttr". The
> process cannot access the file because it is being used by another
> process.
>

> The file is definitely not being used by another process.
> At this point only restarting Windows allows re-starting Delphi 2010.
>
> Any idea what may be causing this?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Gerrit Beuze
> ModelMaker Tools

Hello.

I got the same problem with D2009E.
A "Workaround" is to rename the file.
Then you can start the IDE without restarting the whole PC.

:)
Kai Inge
0
Kai
3/4/2015 1:01:01 AM
Kai Inge Buseth wrote:

See Remy's reply. That is the way to go.

> Hello.
>
> I got the same problem with D2009E.
> A "Workaround" is to rename the file.
> Then you can start the IDE without restarting the whole PC.
>
> :)
> Kai Inge
0
Bert

VS ide / delphi ide key map

Delphi 2006 vs Delphi 2009 IDE stability

Delphi 2009 error starting IDE
Hi all, When I try to start my D2009 I always get the same error. "Stream read error" I've already tried to reinstall using the administrator account, doesn't work. Thanks all > {quote:title=Hendrik Declercq wrote:}{quote} > Hi all, > > When I try to start my D2009 I always get the same error. > > "Stream read error" > > I've already tried to reinstall using the administrator account, doesn't work. > > Thanks all Have you installed D2009 alongside another version of Delphi. Or on a system that has h...

Hi, I wonder which is more programmer friendly. Especially for syntax highlighting and fast code writting, viewing.. Thanks.. Mehmet Fide wrote: > Hi, > > I wonder which is more programmer friendly. Especially for syntax > highlighting and fast code writting, viewing.. > > > Thanks.. See "RAD Studio 2010 vs. Visual Studio 2010" in non-technical group. -- Warm Regards, Lee ...

Delphi IDEs
Is it possible to write applications for Android and touch sensitive screens with Delphi XE4 or later versions of Delphi? Is it possible to write applications for Windows 8 and touch sensitive screens with Delphi XE4 and later versions of Delphi? Pier Pier wrote: > Is it possible to write applications for Android and touch sensitive > screens with Delphi XE4 or later versions of Delphi? iOS support was added in XE4. Android support was added in Delphi XE5. > Is it possible to write applications for Windows 8 and touch sensitive > screens with Delphi XE4 an...

Delphi IDE not starting- Process monitor log
This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --JivePart=_1b94c.zeB8CwDOH5aMJzMl Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Utf-8" Here is a Process Monitor log captured when attempting to start Delphi 2009. --JivePart=_1b94c.zeB8CwDOH5aMJzMl Content-Type: application/octet-stream; name="Logfile.CSV" Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64 Content-Disposition: attachment; filename="Logfile.CSV" 77u/IlRpbWUgb2YgRGF5IiwiUHJvY2VzcyBOYW1lIiwiUElEIiwiT3BlcmF0aW9uIiwiUGF0aC...

Delphi XE2 IDE
All of a sudden, a program I'm running in the XE2 IDE starts minimized down in the tray rather than on the screen. I want to have it like it used to be (not start minimized). I can't figure out how to do it. I've tried deleting the .dsk file, but that didn't help. How can I do it? On Thu, 2 Feb 2012 20:38:57 -0800, Jud McCranie <j.mccranie@comcast.net> wrote: >All of a sudden, a program I'm running in the XE2 IDE starts minimized >down in the tray rather than on the screen. And it does not behave this way on other projects. On Thu, 2 Feb 201...

access violation in module vcl100.bpl when starting Delphi 2007 IDE
Hi, I'm using Delphi 2007 in a VMware virtual machine. The guest operating system is Windows 7 32-bit. This has worked fine for months but since yesterday, I keep getting this error message when starting the IDE: Access violation at address 201302BC in module 'vcl100.bpl'. Read of address 00000060. The call stack shows: Menu.TMenuItem.SetShortCut ExtCtrls.TTimer.Timer ExtCtrls.TTimer.WndProc Classes.StdWndProc DispatchMessageA Forms.TApplication.ProcessMessage From.TApplication.HandleMessage Forms.TApplication.Run BaseThreadInitThunk FYI, the following com...

Setup.exe error when starting Delphi XE IDE on Win 7 with UAC
when I start Delphi XE on Win 7 Ultimate 64bit with UAC switched on I get the following displayed in the messages section of the screen Error executing 'C:\ProgramData\{7DE921C9-42C8-4DA3-8A44-043C3349FD1D}\Setup.exe': The requested operation requires elevation Should it try and run setup every time I open the IDE? Roy Sharp wrote: > when I start Delphi XE on Win 7 Ultimate 64bit with UAC switched on I > get the following displayed in the messages section of the screen > > Error executing > 'C:\ProgramData\{7DE921C9-42C8-4DA3-8A44-043C3349FD1D}\Setup...

XE7 / Delphi
If I right-click, say TTouches, in the IDE and select [Find Declaration] I am getting an error, "Unable to locate file FMX.Types.pas". I see similar errors (for FXM.Xxx and VCL.Xxx units) while debugging. How can I fix this? I am SERIOUSLY hoping that I'm not going to have to manually add a series of directories to search paths, or anything like that. Any help [as always] is much appreciated. Thanks! ...

Delphi needs this: Designtime 'tasks' panes in MS Visual Web Developer 2008 [picture]
This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --JivePart=_8bd4.zeB8CwDOH5aMJzMl Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Utf-8" --JivePart=_8bd4.zeB8CwDOH5aMJzMl Content-Type: image/jpeg; name="WeNeedThis.jpg" Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64 Content-Disposition: attachment; filename="WeNeedThis.jpg" iVBORw0KGgoAAAANSUhEUgAAARcAAAEaCAYAAAA7TRMKAAAABHNCSVQICAgIfAhkiAAAAAlwSFlz AAAL1wAAC9cBJXXS8AAAABl0RVh0U29mdHdhcmUAd3d3Lmlua3NjYXBlLm9yZ5vuPBoAACAASURB VHic...

XE7 / Delphi
If I right-click, say TTouches, in the IDE and select [Find Declaration] I am getting an error, "Unable to locate file FMX.Types.pas". I see similar errors (for FXM.Xxx and VCL.Xxx units) while debugging. How can I fix this? I am SERIOUSLY hoping that I'm not going to have to manually add a series of directories to search paths, or anything like that. NOTE: I installed into d:\dev\xe7 Any help [as always] is much appreciated. Thanks! Based on 2 replies, I started by using the "-rtest" command-line switch. This changed nothing. Then I decided to try th...

Web resources about - Unable to start Delphi IDE - embarcadero.delphi.ide

Hillary: Vast Right Wing Conspiracy still out to get me
Except this time it's "better funded" and "out in the open"

Chris Martin & Coldplay Talk Half Time Show at Super Bowl 2016 Press Conference!
Chris Martin and the rest of Coldplay – Jonny Buckland , Guy Berryman , and Will Champion – speak on stage during the Pepsi Super Bowl Halftime ...

Apple Music quietly launches for users in Turkey
Since first launching its new Apple Music subscription streaming service for users last June, and bringing it to China in September , Apple has ...

Judge Says Bill Cosby's Pennsylvania Assault Case Can Move Forward
In Pennsylvania, a judge ruled that the criminal assault charge against Bill Cosby is worthy of a trial, despite a claim from a former District ...

Julian Assange had promised to turn himself if the UN ruled his detention lawful
When a UN panel from the Working Group on Arbitrary Detention upheld Julian Assange's claim that he was being unlawfully detained in London's ...

Watch Martin Shkreli troll Congress by finally shutting up
Martin Shkreli, everyone's favorite pharmaceutical bro with a deafening online presence, made a tense appearance on Capitol Hill during which ...

Is this how Apple plans to remove the iPhone’s home button?
Much has been written in recent months about Apple’s potential iPhone plans for the future and some reports have suggested that the introduction ...

Sumner Redstone’s Tarnished Legacy Can Be Traced to Viacom-CBS Split
Watching Viacom and CBS seek to sort out the succession mess that is now Sumner Redstone’s legacy, it’s pretty simple to trace much of the drama ...

Why the Internet of Things is a security nightmare
The good guys over at Context Information Security have cracked Motorola’s outdoor security camera just to point out how the Internet of Things ...

iOS 9.2 Jailbreak Update: Hackers Awaiting iOS 9.3 Release Date?
Apple patched and released iOS 9.2.1 in January, and the launch of iOS 9.3 is not so far, with developers testing the beta release now. However, ...