Syste.pas not found

New to XE2 from D7.
I find that, if I do file/new/VCL Forms App. Then compile, the error is
"System.pas not found".

Is this a Path issue? How can it be resolved?

TIA - Ian Peck
0
Ian

Ian Peck wrote:

> New to XE2 from D7.
> I find that, if I do file/new/VCL Forms App. Then compile, the error
> is "System.pas not found".
>
> Is this a Path issue?

Yes, probably.

I sometimes get it when I copy an old project to a new directory and
then open it with a new version of Delphi. Fixing the paths in the
project file (the .dproj file) usually helps.

Or simply *removing* the .dproj file (when the IDE is not open) and
then opening the .dpr file in the IDE. That way, the newly generated
..dproj will contain all the right paths.

--
"Forgive your enemies, but never forget their names."
 -- John F. Kennedy (1917-1963)
Ian Peck wrote:
> New to XE2 from D7.
> I find that, if I do file/new/VCL Forms App. Then compile, the error is
> "System.pas not found".
>
> Is this a Path issue? How can it be resolved?
>
> TIA - Ian Peck

Try adding -rfoo to the shortcut that starts your product. Your revised
shortcut will look like:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Embarcadero\RAD Studio\9.0\bin\bds.exe" -pDelphi
-rfoo

If that works, we can discuss why it worked.
0
quinn
8/21/2012 2:53:30 PM
Rudy,

> Or simply removing the .dproj file (when the IDE is not open) and
> then opening the .dpr file in the IDE. That way, the newly generated
> .dproj will contain all the right paths.

That's what I do!

08/21/2012 09:28:06

XanaNews Version 1.19.1.278  [Q'sBrokenToolBar]
0
Quentin
8/21/2012 4:28:33 PM
I had to uninstall XE2 - along with regidtry enties. Then a the new
install did not have this problem.
Still don't know what I did to cause it
Ian Peck
0
Ian

Opening up a PAS file opens up another instance of Delphi XE IDE... [Edit]
Here's the problem: When I double click on a .Pas file. a new Delphi XE IDE opens up. Is there a way to open up the file inside of the Delphi XE IDE that is currently open? Edited by: Joseph Trapani on Jan 31, 2012 4:04 PM > Here's the problem: > When I double click on a .Pas file. a new Delphi XE IDE opens up. > Is there a way to open up the file inside of the Delphi XE IDE that is > currently open? > > Edited by: Joseph Trapani on Jan 31, 2012 4:04 PM Drag and drop the file onto the IDE? BTW: I have my .PAS files set to open in a text editor ...

VS ide / delphi ide key map

Delphi 2006 vs Delphi 2009 IDE stability

Hi, I wonder which is more programmer friendly. Especially for syntax highlighting and fast code writting, viewing.. Thanks.. Mehmet Fide wrote: > Hi, > > I wonder which is more programmer friendly. Especially for syntax > highlighting and fast code writting, viewing.. > > > Thanks.. See "RAD Studio 2010 vs. Visual Studio 2010" in non-technical group. -- Warm Regards, Lee ...

Delphi IDEs
Is it possible to write applications for Android and touch sensitive screens with Delphi XE4 or later versions of Delphi? Is it possible to write applications for Windows 8 and touch sensitive screens with Delphi XE4 and later versions of Delphi? Pier Pier wrote: > Is it possible to write applications for Android and touch sensitive > screens with Delphi XE4 or later versions of Delphi? iOS support was added in XE4. Android support was added in Delphi XE5. > Is it possible to write applications for Windows 8 and touch sensitive > screens with Delphi XE4 an...

"Sneak Preview: Delphi 2011 is Delphi XE"
Today, Delphi's Welcome page showed this: Sneak Preview: Delphi 2011 is Delphi XE http://www.embarcadero.com/rad-studio-xe-preview When trying to watch the video, it gives an error message: Server not found: rtmp://etnastream01.embarcadero.com/vod/ How nice :-( Achim Achim Kalwa wrote: > Sneak Preview: Delphi 2011 is Delphi XE > http://www.embarcadero.com/rad-studio-xe-preview > > When trying to watch the video, it gives an error message: > > Server not found: > rtmp://etnastream01.embarcadero.com/vod/ Works for me on second try (first ...

Delphi needs this: Designtime 'tasks' panes in MS Visual Web Developer 2008 [picture]
This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --JivePart=_8bd4.zeB8CwDOH5aMJzMl Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Utf-8" --JivePart=_8bd4.zeB8CwDOH5aMJzMl Content-Type: image/jpeg; name="WeNeedThis.jpg" Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64 Content-Disposition: attachment; filename="WeNeedThis.jpg" iVBORw0KGgoAAAANSUhEUgAAARcAAAEaCAYAAAA7TRMKAAAABHNCSVQICAgIfAhkiAAAAAlwSFlz AAAL1wAAC9cBJXXS8AAAABl0RVh0U29mdHdhcmUAd3d3Lmlua3NjYXBlLm9yZ5vuPBoAACAASURB VHic...

[DCC Fatal Error] RegExpr.pas(1): F1027 Unit not found: 'System.pas' or binary equivalents (.dcu) C++ Builder 2009
Hi All, Running the latest version of C++ Builder 2009 pro. I can create a project and it compiles fine. If a then add any .pas file to the project I always get the following error (in this example it was the RegExpr.pas file, but any .pas added to the project causes it: [DCC Fatal Error] RegExpr.pas(1): F1027 Unit not found: 'System.pas' or binary equivalents (.dcu) I have not knowingly changed any compile settings and system.pas exists and is in the paths. Any ideas? Thanks muchly, Phil. Hello, Phil Read wrote: > system.pas exists and is in the pat...

[DCC Fatal Error] RegExpr.pas(1): F1027 Unit not found: 'System.pas' or binary equivalents (.dcu) C++ Builder 2009
Hi All, Running the latest version of C++ Builder 2009 pro. I can create a project and it compiles fine. If a then add any .pas file to the project I always get the following error (in this example it was the RegExpr.pas file, but any .pas causes it: [DCC Fatal Error] RegExpr.pas(1): F1027 Unit not found: 'System.pas' or binary equivalents (.dcu) I have not knowingly changed any compile settings and system.pas exists and is in the paths. Any ideas? Thanks muchly, Phil. Phil Read wrote: > Hi All, > > Running the latest version of C++ Builder...

FrxClass.pas not found
Hi - I am using RAD XE2 Professional Update 4 with hotfix 1 isntalled on windows 7. I also have FastReports installed (not the full version with the source code - just the one that ships with the professional version of Delphi.) When I am debugging code, I often get a prompt saying that "Frxclass.pas" is not found and the option to locate this file. If I elect to "skip" I am taken to the "CPU" window (no use at all!) or "Cancel" that generates an error message and breaks my debugging process. Can anyone tell me how to avoid this error ? I looked ...

Delphi IDE version
We have a help, about form with various info. I already have the Application version on here. I would like to incluude the Delphi IDE version here also XE2 is our latest version. Rather than hard coding in the code, is there a runtme option that returns the Delphi IDE version that app was created with? "Larry Wall" wrote in message news:626381@forums.embarcadero.com... > We have a help, about form with various info. > I already have the Application version on here. > I would like to incluude the Delphi IDE version here also XE2 is our > latest version. > Rat...

Delphi IDE crashes
Hello, I've got a problem with Delphi 2010. The ide sometimes crashes and crashes and crashes. I've opened a QN but they can't figure it out and redirected us to the http://support.embarcadero.com Page. But we dont have a support agreement with Embarcadero so I ask here. Here is the link to the QN: http://qc.embarcadero.com/wc/qcmain.aspx?d=89563 In short words: The IDE crashes during an oepration like CTRL + Mouseclick at a variable or something like that. If the ide is crashed you can simply open delphi again and again and agian. And it will crashes evertime you use ...

Web resources about - Syste.pas not found - embarcadero.delphi.ide

Gawker New Comment Syste...
... face of conventional media wisdom. While other outlets are doing away with anonymity, we've built anonymous accounts into our new comment system. ...

George Zimmerman has some plans now that his acquittal has turned him into a human monument to syste
George Zimmerman has some plans now that his acquittal has turned him into a human monument to systemic American racism: law school ! Failing ...

The Investigators: Maintenance supervisor for Baker School Syste - WAFB 9 News Baton Rouge, Louisiana ...
The man accused of being responsible for hundreds of missing items from the Baker School System has now been arrested a second time.

Internal Revenue Service promises a more secure tax filing syste - WDRB 41 Louisville News
Last week, officials announced the personal information of 100,000 taxpayers was stolen earlier this year and then used to collect fraudulent ...

Pankaj Gupta's answer to Do Twitter & Facebook already have "pagerank for the social web"? - Quora
Pankaj Gupta's answer: Yes, I built an equivalent at Twitter. It is an important tool used throughout various Twitter features.

Tully Robinson (@TullyRobinson) on Twitter

Firsthand look at 2010 @toyota Prius cruise control - YouTube
... Wozniak claim that his Toyota Prius (same model as mine) accelerates on its own in a potentially dangerous way. I show how the radar syste... ...

Williamson County, Texas - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article includes a list of references , related reading or external links , but its sources remain unclear because it lacks inline citations ...

Home Entertainment - Reviews - Good Gear Guide
Technology news and reviews for business and home.

AMERICAblog
skip to main skip to sidebar About us - Elections - Gay GOP Primary Schedule - Elections - Romney Economic Crisis - Jobs - TSA - Limbaugh - Fun ...