Stack overflow when opening a Delphi 7 frame in Delphi XE4

I am trying to port a Delphi 7 application to Delphi XE4. I have installed
all the required component libraries in Delphi XE4 and I managed to open the
Delphi 7 project in Delphi XE4. However, when I try to open one of the units
containing a VCL frame I get the error "stack overflow - Save your work and
restart RAD studio XE4". If I don't open any frames and try to build the
project, the compiler can't find the components in the above mentioned frame
unit and stops with an error. What should I do?

Pier
0
Pier

I figured out what the problem was. I has a TsiLang component in the frame
that was giving problems when the frame was opened. I deleted it from the
..dfm file and the stack overflow problem went away. I have managed to
compile the whole project with just a few code changes.

Pier

"Pier Nardin" <piern@ramm.co.za> wrote in message
>I am trying to port a Delphi 7 application to Delphi XE4. I have installed
>all the required component libraries in Delphi XE4 and I managed to open
>the Delphi 7 project in Delphi XE4. However, when I try to open one of the
>units containing a VCL frame I get the error "stack overflow - Save your
>work and restart RAD studio XE4". If I don't open any frames and try to
>build the project, the compiler can't find the components in the above
>mentioned frame unit and stops with an error. What should I do?
>
> Pier
0
Pier

Delphi 5 to Delphi XE4

Delphi 2007 to Delphi 7

Delphi 7 to Delphi XE2

Delphi 7 to Delphi XE

ActiveX differences between Delphi 7 and Delphi XE4 in an MFC application
When I create an ActiveX control based on a TPanel (with no added code) in Delphi 7, I am able to add this to a MFC C++ application and have it run fine. When I take the exact same code and compile it in Delphi XE4 (and XE2), MFC throws an assertion. I confirmed that the only changes are in the dcu, ocx and res files. The assertion is happening on ASSERT(wFlags == DISPATCH_METHOD); in occsite.cpp (I included the source to this). {code} STDMETHODIMP COleControlSite::XEventSink::Invoke( DISPID dispid, REFIID, LCID, unsigned short wFlags, DISPPARAMS* pDispParams, VARIANT* pvar...

Delphi and Delphi for .Net

Using Delphi 7 and Delphi 2010

Delphi 2007 RTL in Delphi 7

Migrating From Delphi 7 to Delphi 2010

Migrating from Delphi 7 to Delphi XE3

Delphi 7 to Delphi 2009 conversion

Moving from Delphi 7 to Delphi 2007
Is there any compelling reason to move (quite a large project) from Delphi 7 to Delphi 2007? Specifically, is there better Vista/Win7/Win8 integration provided by Delphi 2007? (In the project I am already using a custom manifest file for Vista/Win7 etc.. and not the std XPMan component) Does 2007 add any new bugs to the scene? Thanks Rael Rael wrote: > Is there any compelling reason to move (quite a large project) from > Delphi 7 to Delphi 2007? If you are going to upgrade, why not upgrade to something newer? > In the project I am already using a custom man...

I wrote an application and used cracked delphi 7, after i bought delphi 7
I wrote an application and used cracked delphi 7, I sold it, after i bought delphi 7 and recompiled application, is now my application legal or? > {quote:title=Ivan Ivanov wrote:}{quote} > I wrote an application and used cracked delphi 7, I sold it, after i bought delphi 7 and recompiled application, is now my application legal or? "I embezzled some money from my employer, returned the funds, and then got it back as a bonus. Can I still be arrested?" Uhhh .... didn't you just confess to a crime? > {quote:title=Ivan Ivanov wrote:}{quote} > I wrote an appli...

Web resources about - Stack overflow when opening a Delphi 7 frame in Delphi XE4 - embarcadero.delphi.ide

Integer overflow - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Odometer rollover, a mechanical form of integer overflow. All digits are set to the maximum 9, and adding 1 causes a cascade of carry-over additions ...

Parse Shifting Community Forum To Stack Overflow, Google Groups
... cloud-application platform Parse is shifting its developer community over from its custom community forum to more standard tools Stack Overflow ...

Welcome, Nicolas Chabanovsky and Stack Overflow in Russian!
... and network. After a great deal of hard work by both Nick and our developers, we’re extremely excited to announce the launch of Stack Overflow ...

ATTiny13 buffer overflow LED xmas tree - YouTube
Schematic and project files in my github repo: https://github.com/kmm/ATtinyTree13 Gallery: http://imgur.com/a/cjkEt#0 In the video I say "no ...

Fight to stay dry as city overflows
Fight to stay dry as city overflows

Pool overflows in penthouse apartment
The owner of a whole-floor penthouse apartment in the exclusive upper levels of Melbourne&#8217;s Eureka Tower is being sued for $75,000 after ...

Missing Malaysia Airlines flight MH370: families' anger overflows
Sydney Morning Herald Missing Malaysia Airlines flight MH370: families' anger overflows Sydney Morning Herald The protracted search for flight ...

Sierra Leone faces 'overflow' of Ebola dead as three-day curfew ends
Millions of Sierra Leoneans emerged from their homes on Monday after a controversial nationwide lockdown during which scores of dead bodies and ...

Palmer-owned mine attacks minister for critcising tailings dam overflow
Clive Palmer's Queensland Nickel on Monday temporarily stopped work at its nickel factory 25 kilometres north of Townsville which has been badly ...

NSW weather: Warragamba Dam to overflow; 320 properties evacuated in St Georges Basin and Sussex Inlet ...
Warragamba Dam is expected to spill for the first time in two years overnight and could cause minor flooding in Napean and Hawkesbury.