Re-associate Delphi files with the IDE

Hi, I've noticed that all my .PAS and other Delphi files are no longer associated with Delphi. Usually after install I'm able to double click these files and the open IDE will load the file. If I use the Open With default option it tries to launch a new IDE everytime I double click one of the Delphi files. Is there a way to get it back to how it normally behaves without re-installing Delphi?

Johann

Johann Campbell wrote:

> Hi, I've noticed that all my .PAS and other Delphi files are no
> longer associated with Delphi. Usually after install I'm able to
> double click these files and the open IDE will load the file. If I
> use the Open With default option it tries to launch a new IDE
> everytime I double click one of the Delphi files. Is there a way to
> get it back to how it normally behaves without re-installing Delphi?

You could try to do a repair installation.

The installer creates associations not with the bds.exe itself but with
a small lauchner application bdsLauncher.exe. A typical entry for a
file association (here
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\BDS.PasFile\Shell\Open\Command) is this:

"C:\Programme\Embarcadero\RAD Studio\7.0\Bin\bdsLauncher.exe"
"C:\Programme\Embarcadero\RAD Studio\7.0\Bin\bds.exe" /np

--
Peter Below (TeamB)
use the newsgroup archives :

Thanks.

> {quote:title=Peter Below wrote:}{quote}
> Johann Campbell wrote:
>
> > Hi, I've noticed that all my .PAS and other Delphi files are no
> > longer associated with Delphi. Usually after install I'm able to
> > double click these files and the open IDE will load the file. If I
> > use the Open With default option it tries to launch a new IDE
> > everytime I double click one of the Delphi files. Is there a way to
> > get it back to how it normally behaves without re-installing Delphi?
>
> You could try to do a repair installation.
>
> The installer creates associations not with the bds.exe itself but with
> a small lauchner application bdsLauncher.exe. A typical entry for a
> file association (here
> HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\BDS.PasFile\Shell\Open\Command) is this:
>
> "C:\Programme\Embarcadero\RAD Studio\7.0\Bin\bdsLauncher.exe"
> "C:\Programme\Embarcadero\RAD Studio\7.0\Bin\bds.exe" /np
>
> --
> Peter Below (TeamB)
> Don't be a vampire (http://slash7.com/pages/vampires),
> use the newsgroup archives :
> http://codenewsfast.com
> http://groups.google.com
0
Johann

VS ide / delphi ide key map

Delphi IDE and .INI files
Hi, I've recently upgraded to Delphi XE and am currently in a process of porting source code from Delphi 7 to XE. One minor irritation that I've run into is that the Delphi XE IDE opens an .ini file that's part of a project as hex. Delphi 7 didn't behave this way -- it simply opened the .ini file as a text file for editing. Is there an option somewhere that I've missed to get Delphi XE to treat .ini files the same way Delphi 7 did? Many thanks, Walter Prins Walter Prins wrote: > Hi, > > I've recently upgraded to Delphi XE and am currently...

Delphi 2006 vs Delphi 2009 IDE stability

Delphi IDEs
Is it possible to write applications for Android and touch sensitive screens with Delphi XE4 or later versions of Delphi? Is it possible to write applications for Windows 8 and touch sensitive screens with Delphi XE4 and later versions of Delphi? Pier Pier wrote: > Is it possible to write applications for Android and touch sensitive > screens with Delphi XE4 or later versions of Delphi? iOS support was added in XE4. Android support was added in Delphi XE5. > Is it possible to write applications for Windows 8 and touch sensitive > screens with Delphi XE4 an...

Hi, I wonder which is more programmer friendly. Especially for syntax highlighting and fast code writting, viewing.. Thanks.. Mehmet Fide wrote: > Hi, > > I wonder which is more programmer friendly. Especially for syntax > highlighting and fast code writting, viewing.. > > > Thanks.. See "RAD Studio 2010 vs. Visual Studio 2010" in non-technical group. -- Warm Regards, Lee ...

Delphi 2009 IDE corrupts project file?
I did a build and maybe an install on a Delphi project that is not a design time project. The units in the project have disappear twice now after building the project. I let Delphi convert the project instead of creating a new project and adding the units. Has anyone else had project corruption problems with Delphi 2009? Larry Griffiths ...

Delphi 2010 IDE can not open file or project (no reponse)
Hi there I have a strange problem with my Delphi 2010. I can not Open File or Open Projects. when pressing this buttons there is no response from delphi. (but i can open new project r file and i also can open the project from favorite list) Thanks Roni ...

Delphi 6 IDE, Open Project does not sort the file name
Hi, I am using Delphi 6 IDE on Windows XP, when I open the project it does not sort the file names by alphabatic, I Click on "View Menu-- Detail -- click on Name" . When I go back to open project, it goes back to its normal sorting... Where do I need to make change, so everytime I open open project it will open in alphabatic order. Any help will be highly apprecaited! Thanks. Sam > {quote:title=samir patel wrote:}{quote} > Hi, > > I am using Delphi 6 IDE on Windows XP, when I open the project it does not sort the file names by alphabatic, > I ...

Trackpad scroll down in IDE goes to end of file: Delphi XE6
Hello, When I use the trackpad to scroll down a file in XE6, it goes to the end of the file. Scrolling up works fine. I've tested this on other applications - eg a very large file in Word - and it works fine. Has anyone else seen this problem and managed to fix it? I'm running windows 7 on a mac using Parallels 10. Thanks, Ian I don't have that problem, but something similar: when I scroll with the trackpad (say, a swipe down) the code sometimes scrolls a long way down, then up again - and sometimes down and up again after that.) Chances are it's somethin...

Opening up a PAS file opens up another instance of Delphi XE IDE... [Edit]
Here's the problem: When I double click on a .Pas file. a new Delphi XE IDE opens up. Is there a way to open up the file inside of the Delphi XE IDE that is currently open? Edited by: Joseph Trapani on Jan 31, 2012 4:04 PM > Here's the problem: > When I double click on a .Pas file. a new Delphi XE IDE opens up. > Is there a way to open up the file inside of the Delphi XE IDE that is > currently open? > > Edited by: Joseph Trapani on Jan 31, 2012 4:04 PM Drag and drop the file onto the IDE? BTW: I have my .PAS files set to open in a text editor ...

XE7 / Delphi
If I right-click, say TTouches, in the IDE and select [Find Declaration] I am getting an error, "Unable to locate file FMX.Types.pas". I see similar errors (for FXM.Xxx and VCL.Xxx units) while debugging. How can I fix this? I am SERIOUSLY hoping that I'm not going to have to manually add a series of directories to search paths, or anything like that. Any help [as always] is much appreciated. Thanks! ...

Delphi needs this: Designtime 'tasks' panes in MS Visual Web Developer 2008 [picture]
This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --JivePart=_8bd4.zeB8CwDOH5aMJzMl Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Utf-8" --JivePart=_8bd4.zeB8CwDOH5aMJzMl Content-Type: image/jpeg; name="WeNeedThis.jpg" Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64 Content-Disposition: attachment; filename="WeNeedThis.jpg" iVBORw0KGgoAAAANSUhEUgAAARcAAAEaCAYAAAA7TRMKAAAABHNCSVQICAgIfAhkiAAAAAlwSFlz AAAL1wAAC9cBJXXS8AAAABl0RVh0U29mdHdhcmUAd3d3Lmlua3NjYXBlLm9yZ5vuPBoAACAASURB VHic...

Web resources about - Re-associate Delphi files with the IDE - embarcadero.delphi.ide