problem with Delphi XE2

Hello,

I just install a new Delphi XE2 professionnal (without uninstall Delphi XE). I create  a new classical VCL project and I try to compile it. I obtain this message :

'[Error Erreur] Invalid PLATFORM variable "HPD". PLATFORM must be one of the following: "Win32", "Win64", or "OSX32". If PLATFORM is defined by your system's environment, it must be overridden in the RAD Studio IDE or passed explicitly on the command line to MSBuild; e.g., /p:Platform=Win32.'

It seems that I have to indicate platform into the global options, not only to select the platform on the project manager. Why ?

also, the units in the uses section aren't recognized, so the completion don't run. If I modify manually the global options and then I recompile the project, sometimes I manage to resolve this problem.

Thank you for your help.

Regards,
Dany
0
dany

I reply to my question.

it seems to be enough to set the value of the environment variable "Platform" to blank. But why the value HPD is set by default ?

Regards,
Dany
0
dany
9/2/2011 10:05:48 PM
dany leblanc wrote:

>  But why the value HPD is set by default

Because you have a HP computer and HP thinks it is a good idea to set a
global environment variable to "HPD".

--
Andreas Hausladen
0
On 02/09/2011 5:36 PM, dany leblanc wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I just install a new Delphi XE2 professionnal (without uninstall
> Delphi XE). I create  a new classical VCL project and I try to
> compile it. I obtain this message :
>
> '[Error Erreur] Invalid PLATFORM variable "HPD". PLATFORM must be one
> of the following: "Win32", "Win64", or "OSX32". If PLATFORM is
> defined by your system's environment, it must be overridden in the
> RAD Studio IDE or passed explicitly on the command line to MSBuild;
> e.g., /p:Platform=Win32.'
>
> It seems that I have to indicate platform into the global options,
> not only to select the platform on the project manager. Why ?
>
> also, the units in the uses section aren't recognized, so the
> completion don't run. If I modify manually the global options and
> then I recompile the project, sometimes I manage to resolve this
> problem.
>
> Thank you for your help.
>
> Regards, Dany

It's a battle between Microsoft and Hewlett Packard over
the use of the PLATFORM environment variable.

"HP Easy Setup" uses it for it's own purposes.
MSBUILD uses it for another purpose.

Brian
0
Brian
9/2/2011 10:19:24 PM
> I reply to my question.
>
> it seems to be enough to set the value of the environment variable
> "Platform" to blank. But why the value HPD is set by default ?

HP computer...? If so, I blogged about it yesterday
(http://delphihaven.wordpress.com/2011/09/01/xe2-or-more-exactly-msbuild-vs-hp-notebooks/).
0
Chris
9/2/2011 10:25:30 PM
Hello all,

thank you fo your response.

So it's important to let HDP value for my computer,  or can I reset this value ?

Regards,
Dany
0
dany
9/2/2011 10:46:44 PM
Hi Dany,

> So it's important to let HDP value for my computer,  or can I reset this value ?

AFAIK, you can safely remove it.

Right click on "My Computer" and select Properties. In the Advanced tab,
you will find a button for "Environment Variables". Click on it, and in
the list that follows, delete the PLATFORM variable from the list of
System variables.
Close the dialog, restart XE2, you should now be able to recompile
without further problems

> Regards,
> Dany

Groetjes,
           Bob Swart

Chairman Delphi Development Network (DDN) powered by SDN - www.sdn.nl
Embarcadero Technology Partner - Delphi & RAD Studio Reseller BeNeLux
http://twitter.com/eBob42 LinkedIn: http://nl.linkedin.com/in/drbob42
Delphi Win32 & .NET books on Lulu.com: http://stores.lulu.com/drbob42
Personal courseware + e-mail support http://www.ebob42.com/courseware
Blog: http://www.drbob42.com/blog - RSS: http://eBob42.com/weblog.xml
0
Bob
9/3/2011 1:38:16 PM
> {quote:title=Bob Swart wrote:}{quote}
> Hi Dany,
>
> > So it's important to let HDP value for my computer,  or can I reset this value ?
>
> AFAIK, you can safely remove it.
>
> Right click on "My Computer" and select Properties. In the Advanced tab,
> you will find a button for "Environment Variables". Click on it, and in
> the list that follows, delete the PLATFORM variable from the list of
> System variables.
> Close the dialog, restart XE2, you should now be able to recompile
> without further problems

Thanks for this, Bob!  I had no idea what or where "Environment
Variables" were.  And I bought a new HP just to run Delphi XE2.
You saved my out-of-box experience. :)

Mike
0
Michael

converting delphi 2007 code to delphi XE2 -- emptyparam problem
Hi, I am trying to convert my applicantion code from delphi 2007 to delphi XE2 and i got stuck in this error "[DCC Error] ADODB_TLB.pas(4888): E2033 Types of actual and formal var parameters must be identical". This happens when we use emptyparam as an argument in a function that wants an olevariant. Example: function TAcadDatabase.CopyObjects(Objects: OleVariant): OleVariant; begin Result := DefaultInterface.CopyObjects(Objects, EmptyParam, EmptyParam); //this is where we get the ERROR end; The coyobjects function as this signature: " function CopyObjects(Object...

Delphi 7 to Delphi XE2

Problem with Delphi 6 to Delphi 7 upgrade
I have just purchased Delphi XE because I have an immediate need of D7 which came for free with XE. I downloaded and installed D7 and I think I applied the Update 1 that I had also downloaded. After much messing around with old components, I have finally attempted to compile my D6 project with D7. I get the following error:- [Fatal Error] apm.dpr(225): Unit ExtDlgs was compiled with a different version of ExtCtrls.TPanel I have checked the library paths all point to D7 versions of everything and now am at a loss to know what to do next. Also checked the sequence to make sure that al...

Delphi 7 Pro to Delphi XE2
Hi All I'm porting a project from Delphi 7 Pro to Delphi XE2 and have notice the VersionInfo "Release" and "Build" not being extracted correctly. Should be "1.2.3.4" but is getting "1.2.6150.4567" I'm using the following to extract the VersionInfo and works ok in Delphi 7 but doesnt get the "Release" and "Build" info when used in Delphi XE2. function GetVersion : string; { --------------------------------------------------------- Extracts the FileVersion element of the VERSIONINFO structure that Delphi ma...

Is GNU Gettext for Delphi compatible with Delphi XE2 ?
The site http://dxgettext.po.dk declare support for Supports for Delphi 5-2009. Thanks in advance lior ilan wrote: > The site http://dxgettext.po.dk declare support for Supports for Delphi > 5-2009. > Thanks in advance It is, if you look in the forums mentioned in that website http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/dxgettext/ http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/dxgettext/message/3639 Regards Olivier ...

Problem with IMPLICITBUILDING? and Delphi XE2
Hello, I use XE2 Professional, Update 1. I have problems compiling packages. This occurs with several components. I call it here vComponent16 and dComponent16. At first I compile the runtime package vComponent16, then the design time package dComponent16, which depends on the runtime package. As new feature Delphi XE2 inserts in the dpk file this block in the IFDEF clause: {$IFDEF IMPLICITBUILDING This IFDEF should not be used by users} {$ALIGN 8} {$ASSERTIONS ON} {$BOOLEVAL OFF} {$DEBUGINFO ON} {$EXTENDEDSYNTAX ON} {$IMPORTEDDATA ON} {$IOCHECKS ON} {$LOCALSYMBOLS ...

Delphi XE2/DataSnap problem
I have run into a problem that completely mystifies me: An application that worked ok in Delphi XE fails in XE2 in a most peculiar way. A simple SaveToFile for a TComboBox which normally works ok fails if attempted after data transfer using DataSnap callback has been done to the owning module. The data transfer (of a StringList) does not relate to the combobox in any way, The error message is"Exception class $C0000005 with message 'access violation at 0x00000000: read of address 0x00000000". On the net I have found numerous notes of "class $C0000005" errors in XE2 but...

Delphi 2006 vs Delphi 2009 IDE stability

Delphi and Delphi for .Net

Problem with Delphi 5 IDE
I have a delphi 5 program that makes the following function call: BroadcastSystemMessage(BSF_NOHANG or BSF_POSTMESSAGE,dword(nil),tSwitchMsg,handle,winmsg_hello); It works if the program is run outside the IDE, but not if it is run inside the IDE. Would anyone know why this is so? Pier ...

Will Delphi XE2 co-exist with other Delphi versions ?
Can I install it on a machine that's got other Delphi's on it ? Lut Mentz wrote: > Can I install it on a machine that's got other Delphi's on it ? Yes. As far as I know that has always been the case. -- -Mike (TeamB) Lut Mentz wrote: > Can I install it on a machine that's got other Delphi's on it ? Yes -- it has always been the case that the new version co-exists peacefully with all the older ones. -- Nick Hodges -- Product Development Manager Gateway Ticketing Systems http://www.gatewayticketing.com > {quote:title=Mike Williams ...

Delphi 2007 to Delphi XE2 paint order change
Hello all, I have a program here that does some very specific work in the paint handlers and requires that the controls are painted from bottom to top. This worked just fine under Delphi 2007 but now that we have migrated to Delphi XE2, it no longer works. Tracing the paint order, we discovered that there are cases when the bottom most component (the form for instance) is drawn last instead of first, which means that the painting code we do in the program gets a black area for the bottom most control instead of its background. This was observed with D2007 and DXE2 on the same c...

Move from Delphi 2009 to Delphi XE2 and now failing
I recently moved from Delphi 2009 to Delphi XE2 (combined with a new computer). The XML that is now created no longer accepted by the webservice. The specific steps I went through were. 1) Delphi 2009 with old pas file. Worked. 2) Delphi XE2 with old pas file. Didn't work. 3) Delphi XE2 with new pas file imported by Delphi XE2. Didn't work. The new pas file has the following lines, but commenting them out doesn't change the XML. { InvRegistry.RegisterParamInfo(TypeInfo(FaCSIADiagnosticInterface), 'Ping', 'Ping_Input', '&...

Delphi 2006 to Delphi XE Crystal BPL problem [Edit]
I am in the process of migrating our application from Delphi 2006 to Delphi XE and, for ease of use, I have both 2006 and XE installed on my development computer. I access Crystal Reports XI RDC in our application and so I rebuilt the BPL in XE in order to add the new package to XE. However, when I try to add the package to XE I get the error message: “Registration procedure, Craxddrt_tbl.Register in the package c:\Documents and Settings\All Uers\Documents\RADS Studio\8.0\BPL\Crystal.bpl raised exception class EFilerError: Component TDatabase can’t be registered by package crystal.bpl be...

Web resources about - problem with Delphi XE2 - embarcadero.delphi.ide

Corporate Australia's real problem: ancient companies
Our biggest companies are pretty aged, compared to the dynamic corporate giants that power the world's biggest economy.

Report claims Samsung Galaxy S7 will fix the biggest problem with the Galaxy S6
... Samsung ditched microSD support on the Galaxy S6. Well according to a new report on Monday, Samsung will fix the bigger of those two problems ...

"So the product is being deliberately misused despite a specific warning label, and y'all are complaining ...
"Nobody was irreparably broken or even like stubbed their toe? BURN BUNCH EMS DOWN. Bomb this company back to the stone age before the hair of ...

Acampora on problems in the market
Master technician Ralph Acampora says he has some doubts about this "fractured" market.

President Obama’s Propaganda Problem
The only thing Obama understands is that the critics of America always have a point and the critics of his administration never do.

New York's anti-terror reporting app could easily cause problems
New York state is understandably more anxious than ever about terrorist threats, and it's hoping that some mobile technology will bolster its ...

Dell laptops may have a Lenovo Superfish-size security problem
New data suggests that Dell, like Lenovo, may have been shipping compromised systems for the past few months. Research on the size and scope ...

The 'Design Sprint' Approach To Solving Problems In Your Organization
Innovation is a goal for many organizations, but how do you actually get people in a room, constructively and innovatively solving problems? ...

Family evicted, building deemed unlivable: Landlord cannot fix problems, he was murdered
... A Milwaukee family has been forced to leave their apartment. Their building has been declared unlivable. The landlord was required to fix problems ...