Organizing the code units tab

Hi,

I'm using Delphi XE8 and it would be nice to have a new feature to help organize the cod tab "faster"..
For example: Let's say the code tab unit display the following units

unit11, unit22, unit33, unit44, unit 55, unit12, unit13, unit43, unit21

(There's a lot mot units, that's just an example)

I want to re-order them as

unit11, unit12, unit13, unit21, unit22, unit33, unit44, unit55

( it's not alphabetical order. It's ordered by a context )

Today I can drag the tab to place the units, it would be nice to reorder them faster. There's a button on the right side of the tabs where I can choose a unit and the corresponding tab will be activated. Well, it would be nice if I could reorder the units some how, a listbox where I could drag the units to their proper place comes to mind mind.

Is there such feature already? :)

TIA,
Clément
0
Clement

Organizing the code units tab [Edit]
Hi, I'm using Delphi XE8 and it would be nice to have a new feature to help organize the code tab "faster".. For example: Let's say the code tab unit display the following units unit11, unit22, unit33, unit44, unit 55, unit12, unit13, unit43, unit21 (There's a lot more units, that's just an example) I want to re-order them as unit11, unit12, unit13, unit21, unit22, unit33, unit44, unit55 ( it's not alphabetical order. It's ordered by a context ) Today I can drag the tab to place the units, it would be nice to reorder them faster. There&#...

IDE opens a tab for a unit header, then another for the unit: .cpp, .h, dim
Hi, I am migrating a large project from RAD Studio 2010 to XE4. I've created a new project in XE4, rather than upgrading the old one, so everything I'm about to describe is with a fresh project file, but old units. I've had some compile errors in form unit headers (for valid reasons.) But the IDE is opening just the header file in a tab, and at the bottom of the text editor, where it normally shows tabs for the cpp, h, Design and History, it only shows Code and History where Code is the header file. If I press Ctrl-F6 to toggle to the .cpp file, it opens a second code edito...

CB2007: Code Insight doesn't work if irrelevant unit with the same name as unit in project is opened in IDE
Hi all. CB2007. If I open in IDE some unit irrelevant to current project (unit from my old project) and the project has a unit with the same name opened in IDE then Code Insight silently stops to work in all files of the project. Could anybody check this issue in XE3? (to create QC report if the issue is still exists in latest version) -- Alex Most likely this issue is not "some irrelevant file opened" problem. Code Insight can simply stop working at any moment without visible reason ... :( -- Alex ...

Delphi IDE Code Formatter
Hi All. This thing continues to drive me crazy ;) : it is since the IDE of XE2 that I can't really use the integrated code formatter tool. Why it continues to break lines of code like these from for I := 0 to 4 do MyObj.mymethod(i); to for I := 0 to 4 do MyObj.mymethod(i); ? I know.., but for me it's a matter of taste, and not only: which is the option I have to turn off to avoid this breaking rule to be applied to my code? Thanks. Marco ...

Delphi IDE Code Formatter [Edit]
Hi All. This thing continues to drive me crazy ;) : it is since the IDE of XE2 that I can't really use the integrated code formatter tool. Why it continues to break lines of code like these from for I := 0 to 4 do MyObj.mymethod(i); to for I := 0 to 4 do MyObj.mymethod(i); ? I know.., but for me it's a matter of taste, and not only: which is the option I have to turn off to avoid this breaking rule to be applied to my code? Thanks. Marco Edited by: Marco Cirinei on Sep 26, 2014 11:31 AM On 26/09/2014 7:32 PM, Marco Cirinei wrote: > Hi ...

Transferring Delphi 5 BDE code to Delphi 2006 Nexus Embedded server code
In an application where I have used BDE in Delphi 5 I would like to transfer the whole project to Nexus Embedded server that in general implies mostly exchanging tTable with tnxTable etc. But, in a procedure I regenerate indexes using dbiRegenIndexes(basehandler). This function seems not to be supported anymore, so I just wonder if such a call is needed at all in Nexus Embedded Server, and if needed, what is now the correct syntax ?? I don't know the answer to your question but if you can't find answers here you may like to know that nexus db have there own free newsgr...

TABS, TABS, AND MORE TABS.
Name: Danny Email: danheidiatrogersdotcom Product: Thunderbird Summary: TABS, TABS, AND MORE TABS. Comments: Hi Why is it that EVERYTIME I get a new upgrade whether on Firefox or Thunderbird, I get TABS? I now have an upgrade on Thunderbird and guess what, I have an 'Inbox' TAB that i don't know how to get rid of. Any ideas? Another issue is. Why doesn't Firefox display something telling me it is working/looking for the site I want. I click on a site and stare at Firefox and don't know if it is doing anything. The previous versions were mu...

[Delphi XE2] Tabs on IDE positioning error
I have tabs with components near main menu. It's look like in Delphi 7. After Run project and return to IDE (after program closed) sheet is on menu item Windows and Help (menu it's not visible at all). Delphi XE2 Update 2 ...

How to get the style of tabs used in Delphi 2010 IDE?
Hi, When you have a project open in the Delphi 2010, each unit has its own tab in the IDE. What component is being used for that? I don't think it is the standard TPageControl, or TTabControl, as those look a bit different. Each tab in the IDE has rounded corners, while the standard components have tabs with squared corners. Anyway, I am not that concerned about the look, but what I would really like to get is the little controls that appear on the right side of the IDE tabs group. If you have a few units (tabs) open, these controls on the right side consist only of a chevron poin...

Delphi XE IDE code parser error ?!? [Edit]
After adding a IdUDPServer to my form and trying to put some code into the OnUDPRead event, I'm not able to add any component to my form at design time, nor can I run the application. here is the error i got: http://i54.tinypic.com/2j5jl0p.jpg i`ve asked about this on StackOverflow and Mike Justin suggested to +remove the +System.+ from +TArray<System.Byte>+ (in the interface and implementation)+, even so then OnUDPRead event doesn`t trigger. To test this i have made a simple app which uses 2 IdUDPServer comps, one to broadcast and one to Listen, works as expected in Delph...

Delphi code thowing errors within IDE (but not in compiled exe) [Edit]
Rad Studio - Delphi 2010 (Windows 7, 64 bit laptop) I started to get some issues with my delphi code not running within my Rad Studio (Delphi) 2010. I have been days trying to figure out why. Working with one installed package after another, trying to decide if it was the culprit or not. After finally uninstalling all packages, and even uninstalling the entire Rad Studio (and re-installing just Rad-Studio), i can't seem to figure what can be causing my Delphi IDE to act as it does. I even cleaned the registry of all things related to my component package a nd Rad Studio (before re-inst...

Delphi 2010 IDE CTR+D key formatting code that I would like to disable.
Hello all, is there a way to disable totally the CTR+D key that is formatting the code ? I have a 18000 line source code file that was screwed up by this feature and I could not recover from it ! CTR+D is very close to CTRL+C and cause unwanted action to happen. Thanks a lot. > {quote:title=Cyril CAVADORE wrote:}{quote} > Hello all, > is there a way to disable totally the CTR+D key that is formatting the code ? > I have a 18000 line source code file that was screwed up by this feature and I could not recover from it ! > CTR+D is very close to CTRL+C and cause unwante...

C++ code to Delphi 7 code
I need the following C++ code convert to Delphi 7 struct FixError { AnsiString section; //Registry section name AnsiString value_name; //Value Name AnsiString value; //Value Data error_reason er; //Error Reason AnsiString file_name; //IF the error reason is system_file (only config_files section) type_of_fix tof; //What shall we do with this error (Delete it OR Leave it) AnsiString uninst_reg_path; //Not used ??? /* Here we are telling the compiler that if someone is comparing the contents of this structure using the != operator then it should com...

Web resources about - Organizing the code units tab - embarcadero.delphi.ide

New Organizing Institute
This training covers the science of designing meaningful tests and analyzing your results, as well as key strategies for testing for email, websites, ...

Organizing - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Organizing ( also spelled organising ) is the act of rearranging elements following one or more rules . Anything is commonly considered organized ...

As 2012 Election Nears, New Social Organizing Tool For Facebook Launches
As the nation heads into the final stretch of the 2012 election cycle, Democratic technology vendor NGP VAN introduced Social Organizing , a ...

Chronik-Fotos - Missourians Organizing for Reform and Empowerment (MORE) - Facebook
Don't know if you have any outstanding bench warrants? Join MORE and ArchCity Defenders for a free warrant search. This is an opportunity to ...

Organizing Junkie - From I'm an Organizing Junkie (OrgJunkie.com) - Organize Your Home! on the App Store ...
Get Organizing Junkie - From I'm an Organizing Junkie (OrgJunkie.com) - Organize Your Home! on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and ...

Elizabeth Warren organizing meeting Framingham, MA - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
What a great turnout at our first volunteer organizing meeting in Framingham, MA!

organizing resistors!. Easy and Cheap!!! - YouTube
I did a quick Youtube search and found there are very little articles on how to organize resistors, once you get into electronics you find out ...

3 mistakes Brazil's World Cup organizing committee made
... himself indignant and ashamed of aspects of the way the competition has been organized – and he is a prominent member of the Local Organizing ...

Corrections Canada organizing chainsaw training for future inmate employment
Inmates at 11 prisons across the Prairies are in line for chainsaw safety training to help prepare them for future employment once they are released. ...

15 Kitchen Organizing Tips
Sick and tired of trying 10 lids just to find the one that fits the pot you’re using, or digging through all the spices in your cupboard to find ...