Organizing the code units tab [Edit]

Hi,

I'm using Delphi XE8 and it would be nice to have a new feature to help organize the code tab "faster"..
For example: Let's say the code tab unit display the following units

unit11, unit22, unit33, unit44, unit 55, unit12, unit13, unit43, unit21

(There's a lot more units, that's just an example)

I want to re-order them as

unit11, unit12, unit13, unit21, unit22, unit33, unit44, unit55

( it's not alphabetical order. It's ordered by a context )

Today I can drag the tab to place the units, it would be nice to reorder them faster. There's a button on the right side of the tabs where I can choose a unit and the corresponding tab will be activated. Well, it would be nice if I could reorder the units some how, a listbox where I could drag the units to their proper place comes to mind mind.

Is there such feature already? :)

TIA,
Clément
0
Clement

Organizing the code units tab
Hi, I'm using Delphi XE8 and it would be nice to have a new feature to help organize the cod tab "faster".. For example: Let's say the code tab unit display the following units unit11, unit22, unit33, unit44, unit 55, unit12, unit13, unit43, unit21 (There's a lot mot units, that's just an example) I want to re-order them as unit11, unit12, unit13, unit21, unit22, unit33, unit44, unit55 ( it's not alphabetical order. It's ordered by a context ) Today I can drag the tab to place the units, it would be nice to reorder them faster. There'...

Delphi IDE Code Formatter [Edit]
Hi All. This thing continues to drive me crazy ;) : it is since the IDE of XE2 that I can't really use the integrated code formatter tool. Why it continues to break lines of code like these from for I := 0 to 4 do MyObj.mymethod(i); to for I := 0 to 4 do MyObj.mymethod(i); ? I know.., but for me it's a matter of taste, and not only: which is the option I have to turn off to avoid this breaking rule to be applied to my code? Thanks. Marco Edited by: Marco Cirinei on Sep 26, 2014 11:31 AM On 26/09/2014 7:32 PM, Marco Cirinei wrote: > Hi ...

Delphi XE IDE code parser error ?!? [Edit]
After adding a IdUDPServer to my form and trying to put some code into the OnUDPRead event, I'm not able to add any component to my form at design time, nor can I run the application. here is the error i got: http://i54.tinypic.com/2j5jl0p.jpg i`ve asked about this on StackOverflow and Mike Justin suggested to +remove the +System.+ from +TArray<System.Byte>+ (in the interface and implementation)+, even so then OnUDPRead event doesn`t trigger. To test this i have made a simple app which uses 2 IdUDPServer comps, one to broadcast and one to Listen, works as expected in Delph...

Delphi code thowing errors within IDE (but not in compiled exe) [Edit]
Rad Studio - Delphi 2010 (Windows 7, 64 bit laptop) I started to get some issues with my delphi code not running within my Rad Studio (Delphi) 2010. I have been days trying to figure out why. Working with one installed package after another, trying to decide if it was the culprit or not. After finally uninstalling all packages, and even uninstalling the entire Rad Studio (and re-installing just Rad-Studio), i can't seem to figure what can be causing my Delphi IDE to act as it does. I even cleaned the registry of all things related to my component package a nd Rad Studio (before re-inst...

Delphi XE IDE Not Responding when I try to open up a unit (Ctrl+Left Click) [Edit]
Any idea of why this is, or ways to avoid this ANNOYING error? It seems to happen on imported units. Delphi 7 hardly ever seemed to have this issue! Here's an example. 1) Create a new VCL Project. 2) Drag a TWordDocument onto the form. 3) Save the file. 4) Hold the Ctrl key, and left click on WordXP in the Uses list. Edited by: Joseph Trapani on Feb 10, 2012 1:06 PM Joseph Trapani wrote: > Any idea of why this is, or ways to avoid this ANNOYING error? It > seems to happen on imported units. Delphi 7 hardly ever seemed to > have this issue! > >...

IDE opens a tab for a unit header, then another for the unit: .cpp, .h, dim
Hi, I am migrating a large project from RAD Studio 2010 to XE4. I've created a new project in XE4, rather than upgrading the old one, so everything I'm about to describe is with a fresh project file, but old units. I've had some compile errors in form unit headers (for valid reasons.) But the IDE is opening just the header file in a tab, and at the bottom of the text editor, where it normally shows tabs for the cpp, h, Design and History, it only shows Code and History where Code is the header file. If I press Ctrl-F6 to toggle to the .cpp file, it opens a second code edito...

Code for Edit Tab
Does anyone know where i can locate the javascript code that is used for the "Edit" a tab link? I found the Tab Admin Control (admin/skins/admin.ascx), but the Add and Edit links are not in the control and I can't for the life of me locate how the two links and javascript code is added to the control. Any help would be greatly appreciated. matchbxmatchbx Line 66-72 of Admin.ascx.vb Chris Paterra Thank you, thank you very much. That's exactly what I was looking for. matchbxmatchbx...

Error: "Query: dataset not in Edit mode": in delphi code for Rave Report [Edit]
I am trying to write a Delphi code (Delphi 2010) to print a rave report from the access database; I am using RVSystemprint method; q1 is a query name. I get error message " q1: dataset not in edit or insert mode", at the line: while not q1.Eof. Even though I added q1.Edit or q1.insert, it doesn't work. Database's readonly property is FALSE. What is missing in the code? Thanks. procedure TForm1.rsysPrint(Sender: TObject); begin with Sender as TBaseReport do begin ..... q1.Open; q1.Edit; q1.first; while not q1.Eof do begin ... end; .... ...

CB2007: Code Insight doesn't work if irrelevant unit with the same name as unit in project is opened in IDE
Hi all. CB2007. If I open in IDE some unit irrelevant to current project (unit from my old project) and the project has a unit with the same name opened in IDE then Code Insight silently stops to work in all files of the project. Could anybody check this issue in XE3? (to create QC report if the issue is still exists in latest version) -- Alex Most likely this issue is not "some irrelevant file opened" problem. Code Insight can simply stop working at any moment without visible reason ... :( -- Alex ...

Delphi IDE Code Formatter
Hi All. This thing continues to drive me crazy ;) : it is since the IDE of XE2 that I can't really use the integrated code formatter tool. Why it continues to break lines of code like these from for I := 0 to 4 do MyObj.mymethod(i); to for I := 0 to 4 do MyObj.mymethod(i); ? I know.., but for me it's a matter of taste, and not only: which is the option I have to turn off to avoid this breaking rule to be applied to my code? Thanks. Marco ...

Edit Tab
When I click the tab edit link my editing tab page comes up. It is all aligned to the left (I want it to be centered in the portal). The drop-down menus and entry fields are all the same lengths as they should be, but the one-pixel frame that extends around some of the entry fields are longer than they should be, as if the fields are so many pixels wide and then the frame around them are set to a much larger pixel width. Can anyone tell me what controls the Edit Tabs Page so I can try to edit? I forgot to mention, I'm working with 2.1.2 and have the Snapsis 2.5 engine installed. C ...

Delphi 64-bit coding [Edit]
How to write 64-bit ready code? I see that Delphi already has a new integer types for 64-bits... How to use them? *Edit*: Sorry, I asked imprecisely. I was thinking of new types, such as "NativeInt" and "NativeUInt" "Maciej Izak" wrote in message news:249827@forums.embarcadero.com... > How to write 64-bit ready code? I see that Delphi already has a new > integer types for 64-bits... How to use them? You cannot write 64 bit *code* with Delphi currently. This is actively being worked on for a future release. Int64 (i.e. 64 bit integer *data*)...

Web resources about - Organizing the code units tab [Edit] - embarcadero.delphi.ide

New Organizing Institute
This training covers the science of designing meaningful tests and analyzing your results, as well as key strategies for testing for email, websites, ...

Community organizing - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Community organizing is a process where people who live in proximity to each other come together into an organization that acts in their shared ...

As 2012 Election Nears, New Social Organizing Tool For Facebook Launches
As the nation heads into the final stretch of the 2012 election cycle, Democratic technology vendor NGP VAN introduced Social Organizing , a ...

Chronik-Fotos - National Day Laborer Organizing Network - Facebook
These numbers should scare you. A first-of-its-kind study shows what people have long been saying: When police are involved in immigration enforcement,... ...

OneStack Calendar - The best app for organizing your life on the App Store on iTunes
Get OneStack Calendar - The best app for organizing your life on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Elizabeth Warren organizing meeting Framingham, MA - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
What a great turnout at our first volunteer organizing meeting in Framingham, MA!

Update from Jim Messina: Polls, Grassroots Organizing, Electoral Votes, and Registering Voters - YouTube ...
Help build this campaign: https://my.barackobama.com/messinapollsvid Jim Messina shares what you can tell your friends about the latest polls ...

3 mistakes Brazil's World Cup organizing committee made
... himself indignant and ashamed of aspects of the way the competition has been organized – and he is a prominent member of the Local Organizing ...

Florida teen charged with organizing a prostitution ring in schools
Authorities in Florida say a 17-year-old high school student organized a prostitution ring of students from nearby high schools.

15 Kitchen Organizing Tips
Sick and tired of trying 10 lids just to find the one that fits the pot you’re using, or digging through all the spices in your cupboard to find ...