modifying a frame inside a frame

Hi, All,

1) I have a frame (F1) that has a TPopupMenu (PM) with no menu items at
all. The only reason PM is declared in F1 is that PM is popped up by F1
manually (after simulating a left click, and then a right click on a
TListBox to select the item under the mouse cursor). Components that use
F1 are supposed to add menu items to PM themselves.

2) I drop F1 on another frame (F2).

3) I double-click on PM, add a menuitem to it, name it, and close the
menu editor.

4) I click once on PM in the frame editor just to be presented with this
error message: "List index out of bounds (0)". From then on, the same
thing occurs every time I close the menu editor. If I click on any other
component on the frame after closing the menu editor, no error occurs.

Another symptom: right after the menu editor closes, a "shadow
component-edge" appears over the frame for a split second, the size of
PM, then it disappears.

Anyone met the phenomenon? I tried googling it, but the only related bug
I found is an older one that happens when you open a form that was
created with an earlier version of Delphi.

I use TD2006.

Thanks for pointers in advance!
0
Utf

I've just noticed that the same error message pops up even if I simply
open up the menu editor by dbl-clicking the popup component, and then
close it right away (=without adding any menu items to it).
0
Utf
11/2/2009 8:41:19 PM
András Lukács wrote:

> I use TD2006.

Have installed all available updates to D2006? This sounds like a bug
in the original release that was fixed in an update if my memory
serves...

--
Peter Below (TeamB)
use the newsgroup archives :

Web resources about - modifying a frame inside a frame - embarcadero.delphi.ide

Disease-modifying antirheumatic drug - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Although their use was first propagated in rheumatoid arthritis (hence their name) the term has come to pertain to many other diseases, such ...

Rogue truckies still modifying speed limiters
Tampering of speed limiter devices is continuing at alarming rates within the trucking industry despite an unprecedented 18-month crackdown on ...

Rogue truckies still modifying speed limiters
Tampering of speed limiter devices is continuing at alarming rates within the trucking industry despite an unprecedented 18-month crackdown on ...

Man being charged over modifying a BB gun to look like a firearm
A 25 year old Banks man is being charged over the possession of an offensive weapon after police seized a BB pellet gun which had been modified ...

Modifying Scrum – You THINK you know better…
Visit my blog for the full story, links and lots more content on agile development and agile project management...

Backer of Cellphone Unlocking Petition Sets Sights on Modifying Copyright Act
The man behind the petition to re-legalize unlocking of cellphones now has a broader target: The Digital Millenium Copyright Act itself. It’s ...

After biosafety lapses, US halts funding for work modifying virus targets
Helping a bird flu virus infect mammals is off the table pending review.

Modifying Securitized Mortgages
Amidst the gallons of ink spilt, here and elsewhere, over the nationalization debate, the AIG collateral payments, and the AIG bonuses, I neglected ...

US 'will not fund research for modifying embryo DNA'
Modifying the DNA of embryos is a "line that should not be crossed" and poses serious safety and ethical issues, a leading figure in US research ...

Hackers make Siri vastly more useful by modifying it to control Nest, Spotify
Siri is getting a lot of competition from Google Now and Microsoft's Cortana these days , but some young hackers have just made Siri much more ...