IDE crash with Delphi 2009

Hi,

I recently bought Delphi 2009 and tried upgrading a rather big
project. However, the IDE completely disappears every time I try to
compile. After a few hours of debugging I found the offensive code and
noticed there is already a QC for it: http://qc.codegear.com/wc/qcmain.aspx?d=66966

However, such a huge bug has not made it into SP1. This is really a
show stopper for me, as I can't compile my program; finding all the
instances of my code that crash the compiler would take me a really
long time which I do not want to invest, as I hope this bug will
eventually get fixed.

Is it possible to get a preview fix for this or something?

Regards,
Daniel Lehmann
0
Daniel

Daniel Lehmann wrote:

> I recently bought Delphi 2009 and tried upgrading a rather big
> project. However, the IDE completely disappears every time I try to
> compile. After a few hours of debugging I found the offensive code and
> noticed there is already a QC for it: http://qc.codegear.com/wc/qcmain.aspx?d=66966

Hi Daniel,

I took a look at this QC report.  This failure is caused by new compiler
code in D2009 which makes a recursive call to check for fixed type sizes
but isn't properly detecting possible cycles in the types.  This only
affects arrays of types which contain other types (like your example in
the QC report).

> However, such a huge bug has not made it into SP1. This is really a
> show stopper for me, as I can't compile my program; finding all the
> instances of my code that crash the compiler would take me a really
> long time which I do not want to invest, as I hope this bug will
> eventually get fixed.

I've forwarded this issue to the compiler team for review. I agree it is
a serious issue and should be treated accordingly.  I also let the
managers know that I think this should be fixed in the next update.

Mark
0
Mark

Delphi 2006 vs Delphi 2009 IDE stability

Delphi 2009 IDE crashes on exception EParseError
I have installed Delphi 2009 on a Windows XP machine and got latest updates Very often (became impossible to work !) the IDE silently crashed when I was just browsing a source code. I ran a second IDE instance to debug the other one, and could catch this when the first crashed : "The bds.exe project has raised the exception class EParseError with message ")' expected but FUNCTION found'" This looks to be a bug in the IDE : it does not handled that exception for some obscure reason. I succeeded to continue to work with it, disabling some options but that's only a...

Delphi IDE crashes
Hello, I've got a problem with Delphi 2010. The ide sometimes crashes and crashes and crashes. I've opened a QN but they can't figure it out and redirected us to the http://support.embarcadero.com Page. But we dont have a support agreement with Embarcadero so I ask here. Here is the link to the QN: http://qc.embarcadero.com/wc/qcmain.aspx?d=89563 In short words: The IDE crashes during an oepration like CTRL + Mouseclick at a variable or something like that. If the ide is crashed you can simply open delphi again and again and agian. And it will crashes evertime you use ...

VS ide / delphi ide key map

Delphi 2009 IDE
Hello, Delphi 2009 IDE is flickering a lot ... Why ? (Vista x64, ATI Radeon 4850, Core 2 Due 2.4 Ghz) Examples: 1) Moving toolbars 2) Scrolling Tool Palette with Mouse wheel Thank you -- Charalabos Michael - [Creation Power] - http://www.creationpower.gr ...

Delphi XE3 IDE Crash
I would like to know if I'm the only one to suffer the constant crash of the IDE of DXE3! After about an hour of use the IDE starts to become unstable, and crashes systematically when I double-click on the Project manager window to switch to a form or a unit! Ther are also other types of crashes but that is the most systematic and actually makes the system unusable because even restart Delphi on the first or second new click it crash again! Only restarting the PC (WIN7) I can become to work quiet for about an hour! In the system I installed a few third-party components, only Jedi, Fas...

Delphi IDEs
Is it possible to write applications for Android and touch sensitive screens with Delphi XE4 or later versions of Delphi? Is it possible to write applications for Windows 8 and touch sensitive screens with Delphi XE4 and later versions of Delphi? Pier Pier wrote: > Is it possible to write applications for Android and touch sensitive > screens with Delphi XE4 or later versions of Delphi? iOS support was added in XE4. Android support was added in Delphi XE5. > Is it possible to write applications for Windows 8 and touch sensitive > screens with Delphi XE4 an...

Delphi 2009 error starting IDE
Hi all, When I try to start my D2009 I always get the same error. "Stream read error" I've already tried to reinstall using the administrator account, doesn't work. Thanks all > {quote:title=Hendrik Declercq wrote:}{quote} > Hi all, > > When I try to start my D2009 I always get the same error. > > "Stream read error" > > I've already tried to reinstall using the administrator account, doesn't work. > > Thanks all Have you installed D2009 alongside another version of Delphi. Or on a system that has h...

Delphi XE8 Random IDE crashes
For the first time in recent memory, my Delphi IDE is just plain unstable. I'm using XE8 Update 1 and of course, with /NOCASTALIA. I have removed everything I can from Delphi and still use it (no IDE plugins, etc). I've only recently begun using XE8 (as in the last few weeks.) I am only working with VCL projects. Obviously this is not a place to post bug reports. But even if it were, I couldn't. When the IDE crashes, there is NO useful information. When I distribute my own applications, I use MadExcept so that users can provide me with useful information if some...

Delphi 2009 IDE: Synchronize Deadlock
Hi, my MDI application uses threads with synchronized parts. It works fine with D2007 (XP and Vista) and also with D2009 (XP). If I run my programm without IDE, there are no problems either. But when I start the programm within the IDE (D2009 - Vista), it stops when it wants to step in the first synchronized procedure. What could be the reason for this deadlock? (I´ve installed Update #3 and #4 allready) > {quote:title=Manfred Pfeiffer wrote:}{quote} > Hi, > > my MDI application uses threads with synchronized parts. It works fine with D2007 (XP and Vista) and al...

Hi, I wonder which is more programmer friendly. Especially for syntax highlighting and fast code writting, viewing.. Thanks.. Mehmet Fide wrote: > Hi, > > I wonder which is more programmer friendly. Especially for syntax > highlighting and fast code writting, viewing.. > > > Thanks.. See "RAD Studio 2010 vs. Visual Studio 2010" in non-technical group. -- Warm Regards, Lee ...

Delphi 5 IDE Crashes on startup
i came into work today to find that Delphi32.exe crashes with an access violation (0xC0000005) on startup. A binary diff of my Delphi installation with a colleagues finds no differences in delphi32.exe Debugging delphi32.exe finds it crashes while inside it's own internal call to TApplication.ProcessMessage, calling DispatchMessage (just after the call to translate message). The message it's dispatching to Windows that triggers an access violation is: msg: $0503 hwnd: 2903E0 wParam=0 lParam=0 The tail of the stack trace is: Vcl50.Forms::TA...

Delphi 2009 IDE corrupts project file?
I did a build and maybe an install on a Delphi project that is not a design time project. The units in the project have disappear twice now after building the project. I let Delphi convert the project instead of creating a new project and adding the units. Has anyone else had project corruption problems with Delphi 2009? Larry Griffiths ...

Web resources about - IDE crash with Delphi 2009 - embarcadero.delphi.ide