How to debug VCL core module in Delphi [Edit]

Hi, all.

One of the Delphi programming strength is that VCL source code is opened compared with other compiler. Somtimes, I need to debug VCL core module such as Classes,pas or Forms.pas. Let me introduce simple tips. I will show you an example using Classes.pas file.

1. Make Project and save.
2. Goto Classes.pas. Ctrl C+V all file contents.
3. Add New - Unit, Ctrl+V, and save Classes.pas into the same folder with the project.
4. Try to debug.

5. When you try to add some VCL unit, you can meet the following error.
     *The project already contains a form or module names ".....".*
6. In this case, first, remove the exist unit in project file.

I hope it will be helpful to you.

Thank you.

Demo Video : http://www.gilgil.net/3934

Edited by: Gilbert Lee on Apr 3, 2010 8:51 AM
0
Gilbert

Gilbert Lee wrote:

> I hope it will be helpful to you.

Why don't you just set the "[X] Use Debug Units" in the project options
dialog?

--
Andreas Hausladen
0

> Why don't you just set the "[X] Use Debug Units" in the project options
> dialog?

OMG...

Project Options - Compiler - Use Debug DCUs

Thank you for your information.
0
Gilbert

Convert Delphi 7 to Delphi 2009 [Edit]

New to Delphi
Hi I am new to Delphi & want to know good resources for learning to use it. Is there a list of good Delphi learning resources (books/online tutorials) somewhere? What recommendations can anyone make for someone new to Delphi (& only a hobby programmer at the moment)? A couple of weeks ago I started with DelphiXE4 trial & have Googled for a few Delphi resources but I haven't found anything very good yet for me as a beginner. I'm just struggling along trying to learn as I go! (I'm presently struggling with DragandDrop...see [http://stackoverflow.com/questions/17232...

Hello, we have one Delphi 2005 Professional here and want to upgrade to Delphi 2010, but we are a bit confused. Our distributor in Germany, ingram-micro offers several upgrade products: UPG DELPHI 2010 PRO - NAMED USER UPG DELPHI 2010 PRO - NAMED USER ELS UPG DELPHI 2010 PRO - NAMED USER FLEX RAD STUDIO 2010 PRO - UPG UPG RAD STUDIO 2010 PRO - NAMED ELC UPG RAD STUDIO 2010 PRO - NAMED FLEX UPG DELPHI 2010 PRO - CONCURRENT ELS UPG DELPHI 2010 PRO - CONCURRENT FLEX What do they mean exactly and which one do i need? At the moment delphi is installed on two PCs and we want to use ...

Delphi and Delphi for .Net

Delphi vs Winform
This might be a little techie, but I think most people here are familiar with Delphi to understand the difference between a TWinControl and TGraphicControl. I was trying to create a C# Winform project based on a Delphi prototype and ran into this problem which I posted to some Winform forums ... This led me to an *obvious* deficiency in Winforms programming. I'd like to hear your thoughts. My question to the Winforms forums describing the problem is copied below: <snip> Hi, I mostly do Delphi development but would like to start my next small work project in Visual S...

Debugging DLL compiled with Delphi 7 in Delphi XE5
Dear Sirs/Madams, We are considering changing from Delphi 7 to Delphi XE5. Our project consists of a dll and an .exe file. I have begun converting the .exe file to Delphi XE5 and have successfully accessed the DLL compiled with Delphi 7. When I debug the DLL (using the "run parameters" and changing "host application" to the .exe file) in Delphi 7 I can set breakpoints etc. and they are triggered. However, when I attempt to debug the project in XE5, I get the following message: Module Load: xxx.dll. No Debug Info. Base Address: $015A0000. Process xxx.exe (2928) ...

Delphi 2006 vs Delphi 2009 IDE stability

Text.Write speed
Hi ! I have speed troubles for using Text.Write method in Delphi 2006, particularly with distant files (local network). For example, with the following code ("F" is a text file ; "Line" is an about 200-character string): ----- AssignFile(F, FileName); try Rewrite(F); for l := 1 to 100 do begin for c := 1 to Length(Line) do Write(F, Line[c]); Writeln(F); end; finally CloseFile(F); end; ----- On a distant file: Delphi 5 -> 0.08 seconds Delphi 2006 -> close to 8 seconds Is there a speci...

Delphi 2006 to Delphi XE Crystal BPL problem [Edit]
I am in the process of migrating our application from Delphi 2006 to Delphi XE and, for ease of use, I have both 2006 and XE installed on my development computer. I access Crystal Reports XI RDC in our application and so I rebuilt the BPL in XE in order to add the new package to XE. However, when I try to add the package to XE I get the error message: “Registration procedure, Craxddrt_tbl.Register in the package c:\Documents and Settings\All Uers\Documents\RADS Studio\8.0\BPL\Crystal.bpl raised exception class EFilerError: Component TDatabase can’t be registered by package crystal.bpl be...

Web resources about - How to debug VCL core module in Delphi [Edit] - embarcadero.delphi.ide

Zvezda (ISS module) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
27,743.8 kilometres per hour (17,239.2 mph) Zvezda ( Russian : Звезда , meaning "star"), DOS-8 , also known as the Zvezda Service Module , is ...

Popular Xposed module GravityBox now supports Android 6.0 Marshmallow
Be sure that whenever the Xposed framework is updated to support a new Android version, the popular module GravityBox is to follow. It has been ...

Ford recalls 300,000 Crown Vics over lighting module
... Mercury , Sedan Ford issued a recall notice for some 300,000 Crown Victoria and Mercury Grand Marquis sedans to have the lighting control module ...

Tambara Modules
I came in contact with Tambara modules when working on categorical understanding of lenses. They were first mentioned to me by Edward Kmett, ...

Samsung's first 128 GB DDR4 RAM modules for servers go into production
Samsung has announced that it is starting mass production of the industry’s first "through silicon via" (TSV) 128GB DDR4 memory modules for high-end ...

Panasonic Launching Larger High-Efficiency Solar PV HIT Modules
Originally published on Sustainnovate. By Henry Lindon Larger high-efficiency solar photovoltaic HIT module offerings from Panasonic — including ...

LONGi to supply 300MWp PV modules to CMNE, say reports
Xi'an LONGi Silicon Materials has won procurement orders for 300MWp PV modules made of mono-Si cells from China Minsheng New Energy (CMNE), according ...

AT&T Introduces LTE Modules for IoT Devices
Our first Internet of Things story of CES 2016! AT&T announced today that they will make 4G LTE modules available for those looking to get into ...

AT&T's LTE Modules Ease IoT Device Design, Development
DAILY VIDEO: AT&T launches LTE modules for IoT market; HP brings consumer cool to business-class notebook PCs; Acer's premium Windows 10 smartphone ...

NASA Has Completed Welding Together The Orion Spacecraft's Crew Module
... but preparations are well underway for the first mission into deep space: engineers have just completed welding together the Orion crew module. ...