Forgot how to run Delphi 10 IDE Debugger

I'm getting back to running Delphi 10 and seem to have forgotten how to run the IDE debugger.  My program builds properly.  When I try to "run" the program under the debugger,  I can set a breakpoint.  When the program stops at that breakpoint, however, the "step over", "trace into", etc. commands are grayed out and are not operative.

I suspect that this has something to do with Delphi Compiler Project Options I have set up, but I'm not sure if this is the problem.
0
Thomas

Run | Run, or Press F9 to debug the active project. There is no product
called Delphi 10. Do you mean Delphi 2010?

Thomas Giammo wrote:
> I'm getting back to running Delphi 10 and seem to have forgotten how to run the IDE debugger.  My program builds properly.  When I try to "run" the program under the debugger,  I can set a breakpoint.  When the program stops at that breakpoint, however, the "step over", "trace into", etc. commands are grayed out and are not operative.
>
> I suspect that this has something to do with Delphi Compiler Project Options I have set up, but I'm not sure if this is the problem.

0
quinn
7/2/2014 11:06:00 PM
> {quote:title=quinn wildman wrote:}{quote}
> Run | Run, or Press F9 to debug the active project. There is no product
> called Delphi 10. Do you mean Delphi 2010?
>
> Thomas Giammo wrote:
> > I'm getting back to running Delphi 10 and seem to have forgotten how to run the IDE debugger.  My program builds properly.  When I try to "run" the program under the debugger,  I can set a breakpoint.  When the program stops at that breakpoint, however, the "step over", "trace into", etc. commands are grayed out and are not operative.
> >
> > I suspect that this has something to do with Delphi Compiler Project Options I have set up, but I'm not sure if this is the problem.

Quinn:

I did mean Delphi 2010.

Perhaps I didn't explain myself too clearly.  I was able to set a breakpoint in my program.  *I do remember how to run the debugger and was able to run the debugger*.  While the debugger was running, it did stop at that breakpoint.  But I then was unable to progress beyond that point since the "step over", "trace into" etc. commands were grayed out and thus were not operative.  The "pause" and "reset" options, however, were active.  As far as I can recall, I never encountered this situation before.  What
could be causing the commands to become inoperative?  I must be doing something wrong.  Perhaps it has to do with the Delphi Compiler Project Options?
0
Thomas
7/3/2014 7:51:40 PM
Thomas Giammo wrote:

> > {quote:title=quinn wildman wrote:}{quote}
> > Run | Run, or Press F9 to debug the active project. There is no product
> > called Delphi 10. Do you mean Delphi 2010?
> >
> > Thomas Giammo wrote:
> > > I'm getting back to running Delphi 10 and seem to have forgotten how to run the IDE debugger.
> > > My program builds properly.  When I try to "run" the program under the debugger,  I can set a
> > > breakpoint.  When the program stops at that breakpoint, however, the "step over", "trace
> > > into", etc. commands are grayed out and are not operative.
> > >
> > > I suspect that this has something to do with Delphi Compiler Project Options I have set up,
> > > but I'm not sure if this is the problem.
> > >

> Quinn:
>
> I did mean Delphi 2010.
>
> Perhaps I didn't explain myself too clearly.  I was able to set a breakpoint in my program.  *I
> do remember how to run the debugger and was able to run the debugger*.  While the debugger was
> running, it did stop at that breakpoint.  But I then was unable to progress beyond that point
> since the "step over", "trace into" etc. commands were grayed out and thus were not operative.
> The "pause" and "reset" options, however, were active.  As far as I can recall, I never
> encountered this situation before.  What could be causing the commands to become inoperative?  I
> must be doing something wrong.  Perhaps it has to do with the Delphi Compiler Project Options?

Hi Thomas,
When you hit the breakpoint, can you continue with the shortcuts:
F4 run to cursor
F7 trace into
F8 step over
F9 run (to next breakpoint)

Have you restarted the IDE?
Do you have the same problem in all projects? (try with a totally new project).
Have you installed any IDE 3rd party addons?
There's no compiler settings, that enables debugging but disables the buttons (and the shortcuts,
if they don't work).

--
Tom Brunberg
firstname.lastname@welho.com

Delphi XE
I have seen other questions with this same problem, but still no answer. I'm hoping someone can help. I run my application from with the XE IDE and I get an EOleSysError - 'The system cannot find the path specified'. I can run it in debug or non debug mode. But, I can go out to explorer to the same directory and run that same app outside the IDE and it runs fine. No errors. All of my assemblies are located in the build directory of the application, so I'm not relying on GAC or anything, just directory the executable is in. Is this a known bug with XE and Windows 7 x...

Application runs 10 times faster when Delphi IDE is open
My D2007 application runs 10 times faster when I run the Delphi IDE at the same time. In detail: * I start my application, it runs slow * With my application still running, I start Delphi. My application miraculously switches to some turbo-mode, and runs 10 times faster * with my application still running, I shutdown Delphi. My application switches back to its original slow state. Extra weird: When I run Xananews i.s.o. the Delphi IDE, I get the same results. Profiling with AQTime shows the delay is in a line with "ClientDataSet.Open". I made a small test-client w...

VS ide / delphi ide key map

Delphi 2006 vs Delphi 2009 IDE stability

Delphi 2010 Minimize IDE on Run
I've been a Delphi person for many years, but have just leapt from Delphi 7 to Delphi 2010. Still in the "it's hopefully here somewhere" phase, so forgive the newbie question. How do I set so that the IDE minimizes when I run the project? > {quote:title=Lodge Consultancy Proprietor wrote:}{quote} > I've been a Delphi person for many years, but have just leapt from Delphi 7 to Delphi 2010. Still in the "it's hopefully here somewhere" phase, so forgive the newbie question. How do I set so that the IDE minimizes when I run the project? Tools &...

Delphi IDE running on Linux / WINE
Hi, I have recently retested the Delphi IDE on WINE and was surprised that it actually worked (there are issues however). Since I'd really like to use Delphi outside a VM on my Linux system, I decided to invest some time into this and have now become the official maintainer of Delphi in the WINE appdb: https://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=application&iId=42 Any other test results are welcome, I'm going to test all the Delphi versions I have access to in the near future. So far I know that Delphi XE3 and Delphi XE7 work. The installation is not straigh...

Hi, I wonder which is more programmer friendly. Especially for syntax highlighting and fast code writting, viewing.. Thanks.. Mehmet Fide wrote: > Hi, > > I wonder which is more programmer friendly. Especially for syntax > highlighting and fast code writting, viewing.. > > > Thanks.. See "RAD Studio 2010 vs. Visual Studio 2010" in non-technical group. -- Warm Regards, Lee ...

Delphi IDEs
Is it possible to write applications for Android and touch sensitive screens with Delphi XE4 or later versions of Delphi? Is it possible to write applications for Windows 8 and touch sensitive screens with Delphi XE4 and later versions of Delphi? Pier Pier wrote: > Is it possible to write applications for Android and touch sensitive > screens with Delphi XE4 or later versions of Delphi? iOS support was added in XE4. Android support was added in Delphi XE5. > Is it possible to write applications for Windows 8 and touch sensitive > screens with Delphi XE4 an...

Opendialog crashes while running in IDE (delphi 2007)
Opendialog has started crashing while running in IDE. A new app with just a button and an opendialog will do it. It works fine when running the app outside the IDE. The old style dialog box is displayed. The crash always happens if I click the dropdown, which causes a bunch of DLLs to be loaded. I have done a complete scan with Bitdefender but it found nothing. The event log shows a string of errors like this: Debug Output: *** EXCEPTION *** Exception Information: Code = 0xC0000005 Address = 0x00000000 Exception caught at: File = ptstrwide.c Line = 2098 Process TestDialogBug...

Running Delphi IDE inside virtual container?
Hello! Does anybody have experience running the Delphi IDE in ThinApp or Cameyo? (Please note: This is not the same as VM) http://www.vmware.com/products/thinapp http://www.cameyo.com/ ...

Delphi IDE running on Linux using WINE
Hi, I have recently retested the Delphi IDE on WINE and was surprised that it actually worked (there are issues however). Since I'd really like to use Delphi outside a VM on my Linux system, I decided to invest some time into this. I have now become the official maintainer of Delphi in the WINE appdb: https://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=application&iId=42 Any other test results are welcome, I'm going to test all the Delphi versions I have access to in the near future. So far I know that Delphi XE3 and Delphi XE7 work. The installation is not strai...

Delphi XE
Hi, with Delphi XE every time i run a program in the IDE (with oder without Debugger) the executable is locked for a few minutes. In this time i can't recompile my project. I get the error F2039 - cannot open outputfile. The installation is on the same machine as my Delphi 2010 - here it works without any problem (Win 7 Ultimate). No VirusScanner is active and every service who can lock the file is stopped. Has Somebody the same problem or an idea? Thanks Robert I have this on D2010. Each time I run a program I have to build or compile twice because it always f...

Web resources about - Forgot how to run Delphi 10 IDE Debugger - embarcadero.delphi.ide

Debugger - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... , but its sources remain unclear because it lacks inline citations . Please improve this article by introducing more precise citations. A debugger ...

Debugger - Facebook-Entwickler
Facebook-Entwickler Search Facebook Developers Dokumente Werkzeuge Hilfe Neuigkeiten Anwendungen Anmelden Debugger Startseite › Werkzeuge Input ...

Script Debugger 5.0
Major update to one of my favorite apps of all time. If you dick around with AppleScript, you should have Script Debugger.

Review: 5 memory debuggers for Linux coding
When you're working in Linux, manually debugging memory-related errors can be difficult and time consuming. These five tools can help.

Android Studio 1.2 Reaches Beta, Adds Built-In Decompiler, Inline Debugger Variables, Smarter Formatting ...
When Android Studio v1.1 entered the Stable channel, about 6 weeks ago, the Dev Tools team gave word that v1.2 was already well underway and ...

Review: 5 memory debuggers for Linux coding
As a programmer, I'm aware that I tend to make mistakes and why not? Even programmers are human. Some errors are detected during code compilation, ...

Meet the DeBuggers An attitude adjustment regarding the "Fix" at Healthcare.gov
Let me start off by saying that Healthcare.gov is now working well in most areas of the US. Folks are accessing the site all day, every day, ...

Resolving Nightmare Bugs With Reversible Linux App Debugger
Undo and ARM partner on ARM DS-5 tool suite rapidly resolve nightmare bugs

Bed bugs: A new debugger - The Economist
FEW things destroy the reputation of a high-class hotel faster than bed bugs.

Genuitec Launches Debugger for PhoneGap, Apache Cordova
Genuitec ships GapDebug, a new debugger for developers building PhoneGap and Apache Cordova apps.