EOleException

Working with Delphi XE6.

When I start my program in the IDE I get an EOleException saying "%1
could not be found".

If I just select Continue when the exception occurs the program
continues and all appears to function correctly.

If I start the program from a desktop icon the exception does not occur
(or at least is not visible) and all appears to function correctly.

If I put a breakpoint in my program at the start of the OnCreate event
of the first data module to be created the exception occurs before
getting to that point.

This did not happen until today when I moved my Output Directory in
project options from where it was in "MySystem\Programs\ThisProgram" to
"MySystem". I also moved the required UDL file, an INI file, and
several image files used by the application.

The folder "MySystem\Programs\ThisProgram" also contains the dcu files,
map file, standard auto-created .res file, .ico file, etc.

My executable is in debug configuration.

Somewhere in the back of my mind there is something telling me that
I've encountered this exception before, and solved it, but it must have
been some time ago, or my memory is failing.

What is missing so that my program will work without throwing that
exception in the IDE ??

--
JF
0

Jim,

| What is missing so that my program will work without throwing that
| exception in the IDE ??

Did you update the IDE path?

--

   Q  --  XanaNews 1.19.1.372 -  2015-08-08 13:38:56
0

| What is missing so that my program will work without throwing that
| exception in the IDE ??

Did you update the IDE path?

--

   Q  --  XanaNews 1.19.1.372 -  2015-08-08 13:38:56
0
Quentin
8/8/2015 8:46:28 PM
Quentin Correll wrote:

> Jim,
>
> >  What is missing so that my program will work without throwing that
> >  exception in the IDE ??
>
> Did you update the IDE path?

Quentin,

I just modified the Output Directory under Delphi Compiler in Project
Options.

Tonight, when I returned to tackle another problem, I got the following
exception when loading the project in Delphi:

[5121D817]{adortl200.bpl} Data.Win.ADODB.TADOConnection.DoConnect (Line
1643, "Data.Win.ADODB.pas" + 1) + $41
[50065FE8]{rtl200.bpl  } System.@CheckAutoResult (Line 36533,
"System.pas" + 4) + $6
[5121D817]{adortl200.bpl} Data.Win.ADODB.TADOConnection.DoConnect (Line
1643, "Data.Win.ADODB.pas" + 1) + $41
[50B9AF51]{dbrtl200.bpl} Data.DB.TCustomConnection.SetConnected (Line
3545, "Data.DB.pas" + 8) + $4
[50B9AEA8]{dbrtl200.bpl} Data.DB.TCustomConnection.Loaded (Line 3514,
"Data.DB.pas" + 3) + $10

Plus about 80 more lines similar to above.

Then when I executed the program in the IDE the exception DID NOT OCCUR
!!!!!  Mysteries !!!!!

My database connection is not connected at design time. Just to make
sure it is not accidentally left connected when building, I disconnect
it as the first action in the first data module's OnCreate event.

Then, in the MainForm's OnCreate event I have:

  if (not Flag_Run_Without_Database) then
    begin
      try
        DM.DBConnection.Connected := False;
        DM.DBConnection.ConnectionString := 'FILE NAME=MyFile.UDL';
        DM.DBConnection.Connected := True;
      except
        MyMessageDlg (Msg_Error_Opening_Oracle_Database, mtError,
                                      [mbOK], [Msg_Button_Caption_OK]);
        Database_Connection_Failed := True;
        System.SysUtils.Abort;
      end;
    end;

It appears to have something to do with an ADO connection as the
exception above occurred in DoConnect. However, I don't see why Delphi
IDE was connecting when I was just loading the project, not running it.

Mysteries, mysteries.

--
JF
0
Quentin Correll wrote:

> Jim,
>
> >  What is missing so that my program will work without throwing that
> >  exception in the IDE ??
>
> Did you update the IDE path?

Quentin,

I just modified the Output Directory under Delphi Compiler in Project
Options.

Tonight, when I returned to tackle another problem, I got the following
exception when loading the project in Delphi:

[5121D817]{adortl200.bpl} Data.Win.ADODB.TADOConnection.DoConnect (Line
1643, "Data.Win.ADODB.pas" + 1) + $41
[50065FE8]{rtl200.bpl  } System.@CheckAutoResult (Line 36533,
"System.pas" + 4) + $6
[5121D817]{adortl200.bpl} Data.Win.ADODB.TADOConnection.DoConnect (Line
1643, "Data.Win.ADODB.pas" + 1) + $41
[50B9AF51]{dbrtl200.bpl} Data.DB.TCustomConnection.SetConnected (Line
3545, "Data.DB.pas" + 8) + $4
[50B9AEA8]{dbrtl200.bpl} Data.DB.TCustomConnection.Loaded (Line 3514,
"Data.DB.pas" + 3) + $10

Plus about 80 more lines similar to above.

Then when I executed the program in the IDE the exception DID NOT OCCUR
!!!!!  Mysteries !!!!!

My database connection is not connected at design time. Just to make
sure it is not accidentally left connected when building, I disconnect
it as the first action in the first data module's OnCreate event.

Then, in the MainForm's OnCreate event I have:

  if (not Flag_Run_Without_Database) then
    begin
      try
        DM.DBConnection.Connected := False;
        DM.DBConnection.ConnectionString := 'FILE NAME=MyFile.UDL';
        DM.DBConnection.Connected := True;
      except
        MyMessageDlg (Msg_Error_Opening_Oracle_Database, mtError,
                                      [mbOK], [Msg_Button_Caption_OK]);
        Database_Connection_Failed := True;
        System.SysUtils.Abort;
      end;
    end;

It appears to have something to do with an ADO connection as the
exception above occurred in DoConnect. However, I don't see why Delphi
IDE was connecting when I was just loading the project, not running it.

Mysteries, mysteries.

--
JF
0
Jim
8/9/2015 12:05:36 AM
Jim Fleming wrote:

> Quentin Correll wrote:
>
> > Jim,
> >
> > >  What is missing so that my program will work without throwing
> > > that  exception in the IDE ??
> >
> > Did you update the IDE path?
>
> Quentin,
>
> I just modified the Output Directory under Delphi Compiler in Project
> Options.
>
> Tonight, when I returned to tackle another problem, I got the
> following exception when loading the project in Delphi:
>
> [5121D817]{adortl200.bpl} Data.Win.ADODB.TADOConnection.DoConnect
> (Line 1643, "Data.Win.ADODB.pas" + 1) + $41
> [50065FE8]{rtl200.bpl  } System.@CheckAutoResult (Line 36533,
> "System.pas" + 4) + $6
> [5121D817]{adortl200.bpl} Data.Win.ADODB.TADOConnection.DoConnect
> (Line 1643, "Data.Win.ADODB.pas" + 1) + $41
> [50B9AF51]{dbrtl200.bpl} Data.DB.TCustomConnection.SetConnected (Line
> 3545, "Data.DB.pas" + 8) + $4
> [50B9AEA8]{dbrtl200.bpl} Data.DB.TCustomConnection.Loaded (Line 3514,
> "Data.DB.pas" + 3) + $10
>
> Plus about 80 more lines similar to above.
>
> Then when I executed the program in the IDE the exception DID NOT
> OCCUR !!!!!  Mysteries !!!!!
>
> My database connection is not connected at design time. Just to make
> sure it is not accidentally left connected when building, I disconnect
> it as the first action in the first data module's OnCreate event.
>
> Then, in the MainForm's OnCreate event I have:
>
>   if (not Flag_Run_Without_Database) then
>     begin
>       try
>         DM.DBConnection.Connected := False;
>         DM.DBConnection.ConnectionString := 'FILE NAME=MyFile.UDL';
>         DM.DBConnection.Connected := True;
>       except
>         MyMessageDlg (Msg_Error_Opening_Oracle_Database, mtError,
>                                       [mbOK],
> [Msg_Button_Caption_OK]);         Database_Connection_Failed := True;
>         System.SysUtils.Abort;
>       end;
>     end;
>
> It appears to have something to do with an ADO connection as the
> exception above occurred in DoConnect. However, I don't see why Delphi
> IDE was connecting when I was just loading the project, not running
> it.
>
> Mysteries, mysteries.

Mysteries have evaporated !!!   The penny finally dropped !!!

Although my connection has the bit Connected false, the IDE needs to
connect to my DB so as to be able to set up queries, etc. So, it needs
a valid connection string in the DB Connection object, or a reference
to a valid UDL file. I had moved the UDL file to the folder where the
executable is now created but had not modified the Connection string (a
UDL reference) to point to that new location.

Mea culpa, mea maxima culpa.

--
JF
0

| What is missing so that my program will work without throwing that
| exception in the IDE ??

Did you update the IDE path?

--

   Q  --  XanaNews 1.19.1.372 -  2015-08-08 13:38:56
0
Quentin
8/9/2015 5:29:20 PM
Jim,

| What is missing so that my program will work without throwing that
| exception in the IDE ??

Did you update the IDE path?

--

   Q  --  XanaNews 1.19.1.372 -  2015-08-08 13:38:56
0
Quentin
8/9/2015 5:50:24 PM
Jim,

| What is missing so that my program will work without throwing that
| exception in the IDE ??

Did you update the IDE path?

--

   Q  --  XanaNews 1.19.1.372 -  2015-08-08 13:38:56
0
Quentin
8/9/2015 5:52:25 PM
Jim,

| What is missing so that my program will work without throwing that
| exception in the IDE ??

Did you update the IDE path?

--

   Q  --  XanaNews 1.19.1.372 -  2015-08-08 13:38:56
0
Quentin
8/9/2015 5:53:27 PM
Jim Fleming wrote:

> Quentin Correll wrote:
>
> > Jim,
> >
> > >  What is missing so that my program will work without throwing
> > > that  exception in the IDE ??
> >
> > Did you update the IDE path?
>
> Quentin,
>
> I just modified the Output Directory under Delphi Compiler in Project
> Options.
>
> Tonight, when I returned to tackle another problem, I got the
> following exception when loading the project in Delphi:
>
> [5121D817]{adortl200.bpl} Data.Win.ADODB.TADOConnection.DoConnect
> (Line 1643, "Data.Win.ADODB.pas" + 1) + $41
> [50065FE8]{rtl200.bpl  } System.@CheckAutoResult (Line 36533,
> "System.pas" + 4) + $6
> [5121D817]{adortl200.bpl} Data.Win.ADODB.TADOConnection.DoConnect
> (Line 1643, "Data.Win.ADODB.pas" + 1) + $41
> [50B9AF51]{dbrtl200.bpl} Data.DB.TCustomConnection.SetConnected (Line
> 3545, "Data.DB.pas" + 8) + $4
> [50B9AEA8]{dbrtl200.bpl} Data.DB.TCustomConnection.Loaded (Line 3514,
> "Data.DB.pas" + 3) + $10
>
> Plus about 80 more lines similar to above.
>
> Then when I executed the program in the IDE the exception DID NOT
> OCCUR !!!!!  Mysteries !!!!!
>
> My database connection is not connected at design time. Just to make
> sure it is not accidentally left connected when building, I disconnect
> it as the first action in the first data module's OnCreate event.
>
> Then, in the MainForm's OnCreate event I have:
>
>   if (not Flag_Run_Without_Database) then
>     begin
>       try
>         DM.DBConnection.Connected := False;
>         DM.DBConnection.ConnectionString := 'FILE NAME=MyFile.UDL';
>         DM.DBConnection.Connected := True;
>       except
>         MyMessageDlg (Msg_Error_Opening_Oracle_Database, mtError,
>                                       [mbOK],
> [Msg_Button_Caption_OK]);         Database_Connection_Failed := True;
>         System.SysUtils.Abort;
>       end;
>     end;
>
> It appears to have something to do with an ADO connection as the
> exception above occurred in DoConnect. However, I don't see why Delphi
> IDE was connecting when I was just loading the project, not running
> it.
>
> Mysteries, mysteries.

Mysteries have evaporated !!!   The penny finally dropped !!!

Although my connection has the bit Connected false, the IDE needs to
connect to my DB so as to be able to set up queries, etc. So, it needs
a valid connection string in the DB Connection object, or a reference
to a valid UDL file. I had moved the UDL file to the folder where the
executable is now created but had not modified the Connection string (a
UDL reference) to point to that new location.

Mea culpa, mea maxima culpa.

--
JF
0
Jim
8/9/2015 6:41:40 PM
Jim,

| What is missing so that my program will work without throwing that
| exception in the IDE ??

Did you update the IDE path?

--

   Q  --  XanaNews 1.19.1.372 -  2015-08-08 13:38:56
0
Quentin

VS ide / delphi ide key map

Delphi 2006 vs Delphi 2009 IDE stability

Delphi IDEs
Is it possible to write applications for Android and touch sensitive screens with Delphi XE4 or later versions of Delphi? Is it possible to write applications for Windows 8 and touch sensitive screens with Delphi XE4 and later versions of Delphi? Pier Pier wrote: > Is it possible to write applications for Android and touch sensitive > screens with Delphi XE4 or later versions of Delphi? iOS support was added in XE4. Android support was added in Delphi XE5. > Is it possible to write applications for Windows 8 and touch sensitive > screens with Delphi XE4 an...

Hi, I wonder which is more programmer friendly. Especially for syntax highlighting and fast code writting, viewing.. Thanks.. Mehmet Fide wrote: > Hi, > > I wonder which is more programmer friendly. Especially for syntax > highlighting and fast code writting, viewing.. > > > Thanks.. See "RAD Studio 2010 vs. Visual Studio 2010" in non-technical group. -- Warm Regards, Lee ...

Delphi needs this: Designtime 'tasks' panes in MS Visual Web Developer 2008 [picture]
This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --JivePart=_8bd4.zeB8CwDOH5aMJzMl Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Utf-8" --JivePart=_8bd4.zeB8CwDOH5aMJzMl Content-Type: image/jpeg; name="WeNeedThis.jpg" Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64 Content-Disposition: attachment; filename="WeNeedThis.jpg" iVBORw0KGgoAAAANSUhEUgAAARcAAAEaCAYAAAA7TRMKAAAABHNCSVQICAgIfAhkiAAAAAlwSFlz AAAL1wAAC9cBJXXS8AAAABl0RVh0U29mdHdhcmUAd3d3Lmlua3NjYXBlLm9yZ5vuPBoAACAASURB VHic...

Delphi IDE version
We have a help, about form with various info. I already have the Application version on here. I would like to incluude the Delphi IDE version here also XE2 is our latest version. Rather than hard coding in the code, is there a runtme option that returns the Delphi IDE version that app was created with? "Larry Wall" wrote in message news:626381@forums.embarcadero.com... > We have a help, about form with various info. > I already have the Application version on here. > I would like to incluude the Delphi IDE version here also XE2 is our > latest version. > Rat...

Delphi IDE crashes
Hello, I've got a problem with Delphi 2010. The ide sometimes crashes and crashes and crashes. I've opened a QN but they can't figure it out and redirected us to the http://support.embarcadero.com Page. But we dont have a support agreement with Embarcadero so I ask here. Here is the link to the QN: http://qc.embarcadero.com/wc/qcmain.aspx?d=89563 In short words: The IDE crashes during an oepration like CTRL + Mouseclick at a variable or something like that. If the ide is crashed you can simply open delphi again and again and agian. And it will crashes evertime you use ...

How is made the Delphi IDE ?
Hello Some years ago it was clear (for me) that Delphi was written in...Delphi + VCL. Is it always true ? Are there some informations about it ? I curious about editor because it is quite clean and efficient, and is 'customised' with some third party software like CnPack, do they have acces to sources or new functions are done via a plug in ? Am 26.07.2013 10:11, schrieb phil prost: > Hello > Some years ago it was clear (for me) that Delphi was written in...Delphi + VCL. Is it always true ? Are there some informations about it ? > I curious about editor because it is q...

Delphi 7 IDE
Sorry, I tried to post this to the IDE group, but got "posting not allowed" error. When starting Delphi 7 (all patches applied), with the load last project option, only the object inspector, object treeview, code window and form show up. The IDE / component bar are not opened. Anyone have this happen before? Is there a fix for it? Nothing found with google or newsgroup search, sorry. Charles Collins wrote: > When starting Delphi 7 (all patches applied), with the load last > project option, only the object inspector, object treeview, code > window and ...

Delphi 7 IDE
Anyone know where I might go to get some information on a nasty "Debug process already running" message in Delphi 7 IDE? I can't compile any of my D7 projects. I uninstalled and reinstalled D7 but the same message pops up. XE3 is not affected by whatever is happening. All my XE3 programs compile and run fine. Are there any D7 forums left out there? My google search on the problem has yielded nothing useful. On which OS? Delphi 7 works very well under Vista/Seven/Eight if you install it not in C:\Program files (the default) but in a dedicated folder (I use C:\Progs) - d...

what is the best Delphi IDE
Hello, I am making a pool here tell us what is the best Delphi IDE you work with ? isaac sam wrote: > Hello, > I am making a pool here Cool! I'll take care of the drinks. FWIW, reservations made by getting up very early and putting a towel on a deckchair will not be honoured (I'm sure some of our European guests here will recognize the system). -- Rudy Velthuis (TeamB) http://www.teamb.com "What a cruel thing is war: to separate and destroy families and friends, and mar the purest joys and happiness God has granted us in this world; to fil...

Delphi 2006: IDE bug
My Delphi 2006 seems to have lost its internal reference between some .pas source files and the system which keeps track of where it all is. Stuff like 'Find Declaration' ends up in the wrong place in the file, and when I put my mouse cursor over a statement, instead of showing information about it, the computer goes into a loop and CPU goes to 100%. How can I force Delphi to refresh its internal indexing system of the source files? I cannot find where it keeps it. Thanks, Bart New Zealand Bart Kindt wrote: > My Delphi 2006 seems to have lost its internal reference betw...

Delphi 2006
Hello all, I'm using BDS 2006 Pro, Win XP Pro SP2. I'm having a problem in Delphi 2006 (Win32). A couple of months ago, Delphi hung and I killed the process. Since then, when I open a project, the Object Inspector and Tool palette do not show unless I select them from the View menu. I have to do this every time I open Delphi. Will repairing the installation fix this problem? If I repair the installation, will I have to reinstall all of my third party components? Thanks, David My IDE was defaulting to Debug Layout instead of Default Layout. I knew I had seen...

Web resources about - EOleException - embarcadero.delphi.ide