E2161 Error: RLINK32: Out of memory!

Hi guys,

I'm using Delphi XE2 and am getting the above error when trying to compile/build a project. As a result it fails to create the .EXE.

I'm including a bunch of resources ~30 in the project and it seems to be the size of the combined resources that's the issue, not the number of resources. As a test I've tried swapping the larger resources for smaller ones and it compiles just fine. For info, the resources are around 500MB in total. The machine has plenty of RAM and free diskspace

Is there a setting somewhere that I can tweak to allow the compilation/build to run to completion?

Many thanks in anticipation guys

Ian.
0
Ian

FWIW -

<Ian Francis> wrote in message news:453174@forums.embarcadero.com...
> Hi guys,
>
> I'm using Delphi XE2 and am getting the above error when trying to
> compile/build a project. As a result it fails to create the .EXE.
>
> I'm including a bunch of resources ~30 in the project and it seems to be
> the size of the combined resources that's the issue, not the number of
> resources. As a test I've tried swapping the larger resources for smaller
> ones and it compiles just fine. For info, the resources are around 500MB
> in total. The machine has plenty of RAM and free diskspace
>
> Is there a setting somewhere that I can tweak to allow the
> compilation/build to run to completion?

Umm, this is from the builder product side, so don't know 1)if there's any
way to apply the knowledge on the delphi side and 2) if it would help if it
can be applied.

http://www.codenewsfast.com/cnf/article/233582/waArticleBookmark.7418851
0
david
3/14/2012 3:46:50 PM
> {quote:title=david hoke wrote:}{quote}
> FWIW -
>
> <Ian Francis> wrote in message news:453174@forums.embarcadero.com...
> > Hi guys,
> >
> > I'm using Delphi XE2 and am getting the above error when trying to
> > compile/build a project. As a result it fails to create the .EXE.
> >
> > I'm including a bunch of resources ~30 in the project and it seems to be
> > the size of the combined resources that's the issue, not the number of
> > resources. As a test I've tried swapping the larger resources for smaller
> > ones and it compiles just fine. For info, the resources are around 500MB
> > in total. The machine has plenty of RAM and free diskspace
> >
> > Is there a setting somewhere that I can tweak to allow the
> > compilation/build to run to completion?
> >

> Umm, this is from the builder product side, so don't know 1)if there's any
> way to apply the knowledge on the delphi side and 2) if it would help if it
> can be applied.
>
> http://www.codenewsfast.com/cnf/article/233582/waArticleBookmark.7418851

Hi,

Thanks for the reply and thanks for the suggestion.

OK, I downloaded CFF Explorer and had a look inside rlink32.dll (which I assume is the DLL I need to tweak?) but couldn't find the LARGEADDRESSAWARE flag in there. It's possible it's user error on my part but I hope not.

From the link you posted it looks like I should really have asked this question in the "Command Line Tools" forum. So, can a mod move this thread for me please?

Thanks.

Ian.
0
Ian
3/15/2012 7:38:38 AM
<Ian Francis> wrote in message news:453415@forums.embarcadero.com...

> OK, I downloaded CFF Explorer and had a look inside rlink32.dll (which I
> assume is the DLL I need to tweak?) but couldn't find the
> LARGEADDRESSAWARE flag in there. It's possible it's user error on my part
> but I hope not.

I think you will have to set the flag on whatever executable is
_invoking_/using rlink32.dll.

For the builder side that would be ilink32.exe - I don't know if that's true
for the delphi side or not (i.e., I don't know if delphi dcc32/ide compiles
also perform linking internally, or if ilink32.exe, or something else, is
invoked to do it.)
0
david
3/15/2012 10:09:25 AM
> {quote:title=david hoke wrote:}{quote}
> <Ian Francis> wrote in message news:453415@forums.embarcadero.com...
> >
> > OK, I downloaded CFF Explorer and had a look inside rlink32.dll (which I
> > assume is the DLL I need to tweak?) but couldn't find the
> > LARGEADDRESSAWARE flag in there. It's possible it's user error on my part
> > but I hope not.
> >

> I think you will have to set the flag on whatever executable is
> _invoking_/using rlink32.dll.
>
> For the builder side that would be ilink32.exe - I don't know if that's true
> for the delphi side or not (i.e., I don't know if delphi dcc32/ide compiles
> also perform linking internally, or if ilink32.exe, or something else, is
> invoked to do it.)

Hi David, thanks for the reply.

I tried changing that flag in rlink32.dll, dcc32.exe and brcc32.exe but it didn't help. It's not inconceivable that the file that invokes rlink32.dll is not one of them tho. Any idea how to work it out?

Ian.
0
Ian
3/19/2012 2:13:08 AM
<Ian Francis> wrote in message news:454444@forums.embarcadero.com...
> I tried changing that flag in rlink32.dll, dcc32.exe and brcc32.exe but it
> didn't help. It's not inconceivable that the file that invokes rlink32.dll
> is not one of them tho. Any idea how to work it out?

Obtain a file system monitoring tool that supports filtering and showing the
process accessing, and filter for 'rlink32.dll'.

If the process(es) using it are among those you've already modified, I guess
it just won't help your situation in this case.

If its another process you haven't changed, try changing it also, and see if
results vary.

That's all I can think of at the moment.
0
david

E2161 Error: RLINK32: Out of memory
When trying to build several projects in D2007, I get this error message. I noticed that when the build fails, the executable/dll size is very large (1.3 gb). I'm at a lost as to why this is happening. The only thing that I can think of is that these are projects that were ported over from Delphi 5. Any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. Lavelle Etheridge wrote: > When trying to build several projects in D2007, I get this error > message. I noticed that when the build fails, the executable/dll size > is very large (1.3 gb). I'm at a lost as to why this...

[DCC Fehler] E2161 Error: RLINK32: Out of memory!
Today I tried to compile a delphi project with a huge resource file and received the following error message: [DCC Fehler] E2161 Error: RLINK32: Out of memory! The resource file was created with brcc32 without errors. It contains 360 resources with a total of 475 MB of memory. Additional Informations: IDE = Embarcadero® Delphi® 2010 Version 14.0.3513.24210 OS = Windows 7 Ultimate x64 (Windows 7 6.1 Build 7600) RAM = 12 GB, avail 11.3 GB brcc32.exe / 19. August 2009 / 169.008 Bytes rlink32.exe / 19. August 2009 / 75.264 Bytes Looks like I'm very close to the ...

Getting [dcc32 Error] E2161 Error: RLINK32: Error opening file Urgent [Edit]
Getting [dcc32 Error] E2161 Error: RLINK32: Error opening file while doing build/compile. (Note : my files are in shared server , whenever i compile the project i'm getting the above mentioned error at that time i was not able to connect to shared server . but other time i was able to connect to shared server.) please let me know that , what could be the reason for this error and how can i resolve this error. becasue of this error i'm not able to complete my works. please do the needful. Edited by: karthik thirumoorthi on Oct 31, 2014 2:53 AM ...

Generating Datamodule
Delphi 2007 I'm trying to automatically generate the source for a data module from using an existing Paradox database defintiion, the database is reasonably large (100+ tables, 1000+fields) and is still evolving so I want to be able to generate a module now, and another one in a few weeks when it's changed. [I'm building a Blackfish equivalent, so it will be a DBExpress / Blackfish solution, so Paradox is irrelevant, just being used as source for database defintion] I've been able to generate a PAS and DFM file that will compile, but when I try to link I get the follow...

Delphi 7 IDE
I've got some big files loaded and bunch of other things going on in the IDE. Delphi32.exe gets up pass the 600-650mb usage and I eventually get a "Out of Memory" Error within the IDE itself. Is there a reason the IDE can't use more memory than that? While newer Delphi IDE's can go to the 2gb range? Some plugin does have a memory leak, but nothing I can do about it.. but once it gets to the 600mb+ range the IDE starts to error out with the Out of Memory message. If could get to say 2gb of mem usage, i could go alot longer before the message crops up. > {q...

Delphi 2009 error starting IDE
Hi all, When I try to start my D2009 I always get the same error. "Stream read error" I've already tried to reinstall using the administrator account, doesn't work. Thanks all > {quote:title=Hendrik Declercq wrote:}{quote} > Hi all, > > When I try to start my D2009 I always get the same error. > > "Stream read error" > > I've already tried to reinstall using the administrator account, doesn't work. > > Thanks all Have you installed D2009 alongside another version of Delphi. Or on a system that has h...

Delphi Xe IDE error [Edit]
Hi, Getting the error: "Error in module : Declaration of class T_changeMeBack_s is missing or incorrect" when creating a new project as: New -> Other -> ActiveX Library Then adding New -> Other -> Active Form with the Include about box checked Project is created but the About1.pas file is not visible in the project manager (but a reference to it is found in the uses clause of the created unit and _TLB.pas files Edited by: mark buller on Nov 30, 2012 5:45 PM ...

Opendialog error in IDE and Delphi XE
Hi, I have observed several times now that when calling an opendialog in Delphi XE from the IDE the program fails. The executable directly works fine and this code has also worked fine in Delphi 2006, from the IDE. Has anything changed that I should be aware of? I am running Delphi XE and Windows 7 (32 bit) {code} FName := ''; OdMyData.InitialDir := ApplicationRootPath; try if OdMyData.Execute then FName := OdMyData.FileName; if FName <> '' then edIconPath.text := FName; finally imgIcon.Picture.Bitmap.LoadFromFile(FName); ...

Delphi XE Out Of Memory Error [Edit]
Hi, I am trying out the 30 day trial version of Delphi XE before I decide to purchase it but unfortunately it isn't working at all. Upon Starting the application a popup appears that reads "message from webpage" "display notification: Out of Memory" When I close the popup or click ok it keeps popping up and renders Delphi useless. I have created a short video to show the exact error which can be viewed here. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3bm_1DIG-5w Any Help would be greatly appreciated.. Thanks. Edited by: Gary Becks on Nov 14, 2010 11:08 AM Gary B...

Error, Error and more errors

errors errors errors..

[Delphi XE2] Tabs on IDE positioning error
I have tabs with components near main menu. It's look like in Delphi 7. After Run project and return to IDE (after program closed) sheet is on menu item Windows and Help (menu it's not visible at all). Delphi XE2 Update 2 ...

Delphi 2009 IDE errors
I go to Build or Compile and get an error [DCC Error] E2161 Error: RLINK32: Error opening file "FilenameHere.dfm" It is becuase a file in my USES clause in not open or part of my project. If I open the file first it will compile. (Once it compiles I can close the fileand it still compiles until I exit Delphi 2009) OR If I add the file to my project it will compile. This is a shared unit I do *not* want to include in my project. This worked fine in Delphi 6 and I think in Delphi 2007(although I did not test this exact case to know for sure) The path to the file is in Tools, Op...

error error error

Web resources about - E2161 Error: RLINK32: Out of memory! - embarcadero.delphi.ide