Delphi XE5 IDE is slow like XE2,XE3,XE4 [Edit]

Hello,

Same problem on Delphi XE3, XE4 and XE5. Next Delphi XE6 ?
Because of Livebinding Delphi IDE is became very very very slow to open Forms with a lot of components.

This problem seems to be ignored but opened since Delphi XE2 in Quality Central :
Report #:  116169
Report #:  102843
Report #:  103520

Easy to reproduce :
Put a lot of third party components like TMSSoftware, DevExpress, Indy etc on a form an it will take a long time to open it and switch on it with F12. Problem is same with a lot of components on form or component with a lot of properties...

There is no problem if you disable package :
"Embarcadero LiveBindings" = dlcbindcomp190.bpl
"Embarcadero Livebindings VCL" = dclbindvcl190.bpl

I have opened a new report but it exists since Delphi XE2 :
http://qc.embarcadero.com/wc/qcmain.aspx?d=121139

On same computer (Core I7 3770s, 16 gb, SSD) Delphi XE is 5 times more quicker to open/show/close forms with a lot of components !

Now the big problem it is that some third party components like Teechart Pro need Livebindings package  to work !

Best regards,

Edited by: Fabrice Vend# on Dec 13, 2013 10:09 AM

Edited by: Fabrice Vend# on Dec 13, 2013 10:32 AM
0
Fabrice

Hello,

I have done a video here :
http://youtu.be/ZgU5UxMS8mA

Because problem has been opened in Quality central since a long time (Delphi XE2) :
http://qc.embarcadero.com/wc/qcmain.aspx?d=102843
http://qc.embarcadero.com/wc/qcmain.aspx?d=103520
Marked closed but problem always exists !

I use Delphi since Delphi 2, I use a lot of third party component without such a problem. Delphi IDE From Delphi 2 to Delphi XE1 are very stable and quick.
I have first tried to migrate on Delphi XE3 but this problem occurs. Problem exists with a lot of standard components but not easy to see because there is not a lot of properties in standard components.
Now Delphi XE5 same problem.

So Delphi XE will be certainly my last Delphi and I will migrate to other development tools...
0
Fabrice
12/17/2013 5:10:46 PM
Fabrice Vend# wrote:

> This problem seems to be ignored but opened since Delphi XE2 in
> Quality Central :  Report #:  116169
> Report #:  102843
> Report #:  103520

Have you tried using IDE Fix Pack ( http://andy.jgknet.de/fixpack ) to
work around this issue?

--
Andreas Hausladen
0
Fabrice Vend# wrote:

> Because problem has been opened in Quality central since a long time (Delphi XE2) :
> http://qc.embarcadero.com/wc/qcmain.aspx?d=102843

This one does not reproduce in XE5

> http://qc.embarcadero.com/wc/qcmain.aspx?d=103520

Only steps that seem match the previous one so can't test it, but since it is
the same problem as the previous that did have an example that is not slow
anymore I can see why both are now closed.

> Marked closed but problem always exists !

Both are correctly marked closed.  The attached example is not slow to open or
switch between views as the description and following the steps.  That does not
mean that there are not other slowdowns, but they are different than these and
should be entered into QC with an attached demo so it can be looked at.

--
Jeff Overcash (TeamB)
              (Fish)

> {quote:title=Jeff Overcash (TeamB) wrote:}{quote}
> Both are correctly marked closed.

Yes too quickly closed for me. Because "livebinding" give problem since start in Delphi XE2.
Why Delphi XE5 try to open a lot of time .vlb file when you trace it with "Sysinternals : Process Monitor" ?
Certainly a lack of optimisation.

These haven't be closed :
http://qc.embarcadero.com/wc/qcmain.aspx?d=116169
http://qc.embarcadero.com/wc/qcmain.aspx?d=113578

Yes the problem is not fixed in Delphi XE5 update 1. Any form is very very slower to be opened on Delphi XE3 or XE4  or XE5 than to Delphi XE.

A lot of users have disabled Livebinding but now third party components like Teechart can't be used without livebinding !

I can't migrate to Delphi XE5, to slow to open/switch form on very quick computer. I have had exactly the same problem with Delphi XE3.
0
Fabrice
12/17/2013 10:25:07 PM
Fabrice Vend# wrote:
> Thank you for answer.
>
>> {quote:title=Jeff Overcash (TeamB) wrote:}{quote}
>> Both are correctly marked closed.
>

> Yes too quickly closed for me. Because "livebinding" give problem since start in Delphi XE2.

Live bindings are not mentioned in that report at all.  If there is a problem
also with livebindings it needs its own QC report.  The developer correctly
fixed the bug that was reported.

--
Jeff Overcash (TeamB)
              (Fish)

> Have you tried using IDE Fix Pack ( http://andy.jgknet.de/fixpack ) to
> work around this issue?
> Andreas Hausladen

Hello,

Yes I have tested it and it is quicker with the IDE Fix Pack. But if disable livebinding with rename "bindcomp190.bpl" to "bindcomp190.bpl.old" seems to be quicker.
Again a proof that the "livebinding problem" exists since a long time and it can be fixed :
"Added: Fix for QC 116169: Slow opening forms in IDE that don’t use LiveBindings (XE3-XE4)". This sentence is not from me !

But it's not the job of Embarcadero to fix this kind of bug  which exists since Delphi XE3 ?
Why we pay more than 1500 $ an Delphi Enterprise update ? Embarcadero doesn't test Delphi with big project ?
Why project which doesn't use Livebinding are slow to open because of live binding ?

I use Delphi since version 2 because it is quick and stable to develop big projects. Since Delphi XE2 these advantages are gone.

I say a lot of component but forms with a lot of field or columns in grids like Devexpress are slow to open too ! It's depends of the number of properties of all components too.
0
Fabrice
12/17/2013 10:28:15 PM
> {quote:title=Jeff Overcash (TeamB) wrote:}{quote}
> Live bindings are not mentioned in that report at all.  If there is a problem
> also with livebindings it needs its own QC report.  The developer correctly
> fixed the bug that was reported.

If you want for Delphi XE2 report. I haven't tested Delphi XE2 only read report.
But what said Report #:  116169   ?
Exactly what I have said for Delphi XE5 update 1 :
"Description :
Slow opening form with many components in IDE while LiveBinding packages activated (but LiveBinding not used).
Same problem in XE4"

We have the problem on Delphi XE3 and XE5.
We can't migrate because we switch/open/close forms more than 100 times each day and it's take 5 more times in Delphi XE3/XE5 than Delphi XE.
Certainly same problem on Delphi XE4 I will test it soon.
0
Fabrice
12/17/2013 10:43:51 PM
> {quote:title=Fabrice Vend# wrote:}{quote}
> >
> > Have you tried using IDE Fix Pack ( http://andy.jgknet.de/fixpack ) to
> > work around this issue?
> > Andreas Hausladen
>
> Hello,
>
> Yes I have tested it and it is quicker with the IDE Fix Pack. But if disable livebinding with rename "bindcomp190.bpl" to "bindcomp190.bpl.old" seems to be quicker.
> Again a proof that the "livebinding problem" exists since a long time and it can be fixed :
> "Added: Fix for QC 116169: Slow opening forms in IDE that don’t use LiveBindings (XE3-XE4)". This sentence is not from me !
>
> But it's not the job of Embarcadero to fix this kind of bug  which exists since Delphi XE3 ?
> Why we pay more than 1500 $ an Delphi Enterprise update ? Embarcadero doesn't test Delphi with big project ?
> Why project which doesn't use Livebinding are slow to open because of live binding ?
>
> I use Delphi since version 2 because it is quick and stable to develop big projects. Since Delphi XE2 these advantages are gone.
>
> I say a lot of component but forms with a lot of field or columns in grids like Devexpress are slow to open too ! It's depends of the number of properties of all components too.

You're so right man, we're having same problems, same performance issues, have upgraded from XE2 to XE5 and can't use it because a lot of exceptions ...
If we'd sell such a product we can't make money but embarcadero does ....
0
Yusuf
12/18/2013 11:14:33 AM
> {quote:title=Fabrice Vend# wrote:}{quote}
> Hello,
>
> I have done a video here :
> http://youtu.be/ZgU5UxMS8mA
>
> Because problem has been opened in Quality central since a long time (Delphi XE2) :
> http://qc.embarcadero.com/wc/qcmain.aspx?d=102843
> http://qc.embarcadero.com/wc/qcmain.aspx?d=103520
> Marked closed but problem always exists !
>

> I use Delphi since Delphi 2, I use a lot of third party component without such a problem. Delphi IDE From Delphi 2 to Delphi XE1 are very stable and quick.
> I have first tried to migrate on Delphi XE3 but this problem occurs. Problem exists with a lot of standard components but not easy to see because there is not a lot of properties in standard components.
> Now Delphi XE5 same problem.
>
> So Delphi XE will be certainly my last Delphi and I will migrate to other development tools...

LiveBinding is good things in some few scene. But i think a lot of use it is a stupid behavior.
LiveBinding is the product of thinking RTTI is almighty.

Edited by: wenjie zhou on Dec 18, 2013 8:24 PM
0
wenjie
12/19/2013 4:26:17 AM
Hello,

I have consecutively migrate my large projects from Delphi 2,3,4,5,6,7,2006,2007,2010 and after Delphi XE without any lost of time.
It's not possible since version XE2 because Delphi is too slow to open (and switch to) Form with a certain number of components/properties.
Now it's lost of time to use Delphi XE3, XE4 or XE5 with large project...

Embarcadero has just ignored this problem. But it's has been reported since 2012 :
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/8941092/delphi-xe2-f12-switching-between-unit-and-form-intolerably-slow
https://forums.codegear.com/thread.jspa?messageID=525637
https://forums.embarcadero.com/thread.jspa?messageID=448728
http://qc.embarcadero.com/wc/qcmain.aspx?d=113578
http://qc.embarcadero.com/wc/qcmain.aspx?d=103520
http://qc.embarcadero.com/wc/qcmain.aspx?d=102843
http://qc.embarcadero.com/wc/qcmain.aspx?d=116169
etc..

I will not pay a new Delphi, like I have done for XE3 and XE5, for a major problem like this.
Or I will only pay 200 $ for Delphi XE6 and 1300 $ for Andreas Hausladen (IDE FIX PACK) which only correctly patch Delphi !

Extract from Andreas Hausladen blog  (IDE FIX PACK) :
>New performance optimizations:
>*Opening forms that do not use LiveBindings but contain many components (e.g. TField) were slowed down by the LiveBindings packages. *_The patched code turned the 10 seconds from the sample project into less than 1 second_*.*

*If they don't want to lose time all developers with large projects should not migrate to XE5.*
50 seconds to open forms on XE5 that take less than 10 seconds on Delphi XE is a major problem.
For me since XE2, Delphi has stopped to be a Rapid Application Development.

What is more now Third party components like Steema/Teechart need Livebinding to work even on VCL/WIN32 Framework !!!

Please tell me that I'am wrong and an XE5 Update 3 is ready for that !
0
Fabrice
12/19/2013 4:01:26 PM
Fabrice Vend# wrote:

> 50 seconds to open forms on XE5 that take less than 10 seconds on
> Delphi XE is a major problem.

Do you have many components on the forms? Or perhaps you might have
controls that are bound to a datasource that is taking a while to
connect to the database? What happens if you change Connected to false
on the connection before you load the form(s)?

--
Dave Nottage [TeamB]
Find tips and code samples at Delphi Worlds:
> {quote:title=Dave Nottage wrote:}{quote}
> Do you have many components on the forms? Or perhaps you might have
> controls that are bound to a datasource that is taking a while to
> connect to the database? What happens if you change Connected to false
> on the connection before you load the form(s)?

Hello,

The problem exists without database connexion or something "basic" which can slow down opening form on any Delphi version. It is easy to reproduce if you open same project on Delphi XE and XE5 on a same computer.
Also with standard components. Try demo in attachment :
http://qc.embarcadero.com/wc/qcmain.aspx?d=116169

Any form opened on Delphi XE3, XE4 or XE5 is 5 to 10 time slower to open than on Delphi XE on a same computer. More a form use a lot or complex components more it is slow to open and switch on it (F12).
All report (see all links I have listed) proof that it is because of Livebinding even when you don't use it. There is no doubt about this. Because when you disable, rename LiveBinding package or use IDE PACK FIX problems doesn't exists.

But try to use Teechart with Livebinding disabled, you can't except if you have source and modify it...

Another proof see Andy's blog :
http://andy.jgknet.de/blog/ide-tools/ide-fix-pack-2009-10/
* Added: Fix for QC 116169: Slow opening forms in IDE that don’t use LiveBindings (XE3-XE4)
* Added: LiveBindings slowed down the IDE (XE2) [XE2 Update 3 fixed it differently]

It's the job of Embarcadero to fix it because since XE3 Delphi is not usable with big project.
And I will stop to buy new version and stay on Delphi XE which work like a charm.
0
Fabrice
12/20/2013 11:28:26 AM
Hello,

All Delphi users who use large projects since a long time are still waiting for an official patch for this very very big problem (  http://qc.embarcadero.com/wc/qcmain.aspx?d=116169 ) !
We will not wait for Delphi XE6 (and buy it)  for a major problem opened since Delphi XE2/XE3.
Delphi is too expensive to contain such a basic problem.
Please stop doing Webinar with 3 components on a form and try to do real application with a lot components like we all do without any problem since Delphi 2 to Delphi XE.
0
Fabrice
1/17/2014 10:54:46 AM
Hello,

http://edn.embarcadero.com/article/43677

>"RAD Studio, Delphi and C++Builder Roadmap - March 2014 "
>Features and Technologies Expected in 2014
>*QPS (Quality, Performance, Stability)*

Quality, Performance and Stability but not for Delphi XE3, XE4 and XE5 ?

But Report 116169 ( http://qc.embarcadero.com/wc/qcmain.aspx?d=116169 ), and  a lot of other reports, always opened and not fixed.
So Delphi XE has really better quality, performance and stability than XE3, XE4 and XE5...

Does Embarcadero think that we will pay a Delphi XE6 for a "QPS" forgotten since 3 or 4 versions ?
We use Delphi since version 2 and we have successfully migrate ours projects between each new Delphi version.
But we have done the mistake to migrate my big VCL project to Delphi XE3 and XE5 but because of instability and slowness we came back to Delphi XE...
0
Fabrice
3/5/2014 4:27:24 PM
Hello,

Same big problem with Delphi XE6 ?
http://qc.embarcadero.com/wc/qcmain.aspx?d=116169
Total Votes: 31 but just ignored by Embarcadero.

XE6 is compatible with Google Glass but Delphi XE6 is slow to open big project like XE3,XE4 and XE5 !!!
Why 2 versions per year of Delphi and no fix of basic problems ?
0
Fabrice
6/17/2014 10:16:08 AM
Now 41 votes.

How long Embarcadero take time to fix a major problem open since Delphi XE3 ?
0
Fabrice

Delphi XE7 IDE is slow like XE2,XE3,XE4,XE5,XE6 [Edit]
[...]

VS ide / delphi ide key map

Delphi XE3 IDE Crash
I would like to know if I'm the only one to suffer the constant crash of the IDE of DXE3! After about an hour of use the IDE starts to become unstable, and crashes systematically when I double-click on the Project manager window to switch to a form or a unit! Ther are also other types of crashes but that is the most systematic and actually makes the system unusable because even restart Delphi on the first or second new click it crash again! Only restarting the PC (WIN7) I can become to work quiet for about an hour! In the system I installed a few third-party components, only Jedi, Fas...

Delphi 2006 vs Delphi 2009 IDE stability

Write plugin for Delphi IDE [Edit]
Hi. Is there tutorial how to write plugin for IDE (for example Delphi XE) ? I'd like to write plugin to extend menu strip and context menu (right click mouse menu) to do some actions at editor code. Edited by: Tomasz Maciejewski on Aug 12, 2012 2:52 AM Tomasz Maciejewski wrote: > Hi. Is there tutorial how to write plugin for IDE (for example Delphi > XE) ? Not for XE (where OTA was noticeably expanded) but Experts and Wizards in Delphi http://delphi.about.com/od/objectpascalide/a/wizardsexperts.htm Erik’s Open Tools API FAQ http://www.gexperts.org/open-tools-api-...

multiple edit windows in delphi ide
Hi All, Like most developers I have a wide screen monitor and would like to keep two edtors open side by side. You can click New Edit Window and open files and adjust windows so the two files are side by side but it's tedious each time I open delphi. What I'd like to have is 1) Dockable edit windows so I can dock them side by side 2) Delphi remember the windows settngs when I open the project so it opens the two windows where I was before. Is there any way to do this? tia, Dave David Ninnes wrote: > Hi All, > > Like most developers I have a wide screen ...

Delphi IDE Code Formatter [Edit]
Hi All. This thing continues to drive me crazy ;) : it is since the IDE of XE2 that I can't really use the integrated code formatter tool. Why it continues to break lines of code like these from for I := 0 to 4 do MyObj.mymethod(i); to for I := 0 to 4 do MyObj.mymethod(i); ? I know.., but for me it's a matter of taste, and not only: which is the option I have to turn off to avoid this breaking rule to be applied to my code? Thanks. Marco Edited by: Marco Cirinei on Sep 26, 2014 11:31 AM On 26/09/2014 7:32 PM, Marco Cirinei wrote: > Hi ...

Delphi IDEs
Is it possible to write applications for Android and touch sensitive screens with Delphi XE4 or later versions of Delphi? Is it possible to write applications for Windows 8 and touch sensitive screens with Delphi XE4 and later versions of Delphi? Pier Pier wrote: > Is it possible to write applications for Android and touch sensitive > screens with Delphi XE4 or later versions of Delphi? iOS support was added in XE4. Android support was added in Delphi XE5. > Is it possible to write applications for Windows 8 and touch sensitive > screens with Delphi XE4 an...

Hi, I wonder which is more programmer friendly. Especially for syntax highlighting and fast code writting, viewing.. Thanks.. Mehmet Fide wrote: > Hi, > > I wonder which is more programmer friendly. Especially for syntax > highlighting and fast code writting, viewing.. > > > Thanks.. See "RAD Studio 2010 vs. Visual Studio 2010" in non-technical group. -- Warm Regards, Lee ...

Delphi Xe IDE error [Edit]
Hi, Getting the error: "Error in module : Declaration of class T_changeMeBack_s is missing or incorrect" when creating a new project as: New -> Other -> ActiveX Library Then adding New -> Other -> Active Form with the Include about box checked Project is created but the About1.pas file is not visible in the project manager (but a reference to it is found in the uses clause of the created unit and _TLB.pas files Edited by: mark buller on Nov 30, 2012 5:45 PM ...

Delphi XE2 IDE with DPI 150%
I run Delphi XE2 on a Dell 27 inch screen (analysis 2560x1440), so I have increased DPI to 150%. However, IDE does not changes size and menus, toolbars, everything is too small to read. I have increased font size in editor and it looks fine, but the rest is so small that is almost unreadable. Is there any way to increase IDE font size? Thanks a lot in advance, Dimitris > {quote:title=Dimitris Koutsourelis wrote:}{quote} > I run Delphi XE2 on a Dell 27 inch screen (analysis 2560x1440), so I have increased DPI to 150%. However, IDE does not changes size and menus, toolbars, everyth...

Web resources about - Delphi XE5 IDE is slow like XE2,XE3,XE4 [Edit] - embarcadero.delphi.ide