Delphi XE3

Just getting started again,  when I open a new project (or any project) I get the project manager box but no "Data" or "Model" tabs below. I cant connect to my DBs. Do I not have the whole thing??

Info: I am running Windows 7 64 in a virtual machine (Parallels Desktop 8)  in an iMac. I am trying to open an Access (accdb) file.

  Any place to start would be helpful,  Thank you     Doug
0
Douglas

Douglas Sawtell wrote:
> Just getting started again,  when I open a new project (or any project) I get the project manager box but no "Data" or "Model" tabs below. I cant connect to my DBs. Do I not have the whole thing??
>
> Info: I am running Windows 7 64 in a virtual machine (Parallels Desktop 8)  in an iMac. I am trying to open an Access (accdb) file.
>
>    Any place to start would be helpful,  Thank you     Doug

Try launching with -r switch as show here:

http://support.embarcadero.com/article/42597
0
quinn
4/1/2013 3:20:27 PM
> {quote:title=quinn wildman wrote:}{quote}
> Douglas Sawtell wrote:
> > Just getting started again,  when I open a new project (or any project) I get the project manager box but no "Data" or "Model" tabs below. I cant connect to my DBs. Do I not have the whole thing??
> >
> > Info: I am running Windows 7 64 in a virtual machine (Parallels Desktop 8)  in an iMac. I am trying to open an Access (accdb) file.
> >
> >    Any place to start would be helpful,  Thank you     Doug
> >
> Try launching with -r switch as show here:
>
> http://support.embarcadero.com/article/42597

Thanks for the response ... I did the "r" switch thing and that worked in as far as it did change the registry, but really there was nothing to change. I just installed this program (Delphi) into this environment, so the registry was just the same as the original. This take me back to square 1. I still can't access Access or anyother DB for that matter. I thought I would try making a dbExpress database but I don't have a dbExpress page in my toolbox. I don't seem to have 'Interbase" which i think is what
dbExpress is.
0
Douglas
4/2/2013 7:18:52 PM
Douglas Sawtell wrote:
>  I don't seem to have 'Interbase" which i think is what
> dbExpress is.

dbExpress is not InterBase.  InterBase is a database server, dbExpress is a data
access layer that is database generic, it can access any DB that has a DBX
client written for it.

--
Jeff Overcash (TeamB)
              (Fish)
Douglas Sawtell wrote:
> Just getting started again,  when I open a new project (or any project) I get the project manager box but no "Data" or "Model" tabs below. I cant connect to my DBs. Do I not have the whole thing??
>
> Info: I am running Windows 7 64 in a virtual machine (Parallels Desktop 8)  in an iMac. I am trying to open an Access (accdb) file.
>
>    Any place to start would be helpful,  Thank you     Doug

Looking at our registration database, I only find one Douglas Sawtell
that has registered any Delphi XE3 product. That registration is for the
Starter edition. The Starter edition has no database or modeling
support. So, assuming the registration I found is yours, that appears to
explain your problem.
0
quinn

Delphi XE3 plus CBuilder XE3 demo is still Delphi only
Have Delphi XE3 installed (and registered), tried to install the CBuilder XE3 demo to see if it work as required. The result is that only Delphi was updated and no CBuilder available. Is there a way to test it - I would have upgraded to full RadStudio but doubted the CBuilder 64 bit compiler would be available in time (deadline is almost here and already ported the code to VC++ but don't particularly like it). ...

Migrating from Delphi 7 to Delphi XE3

Delphi 2010 professional to Delphi XE3

Delphi and Delphi for .Net

Delphi XE3 IDE Crash
I would like to know if I'm the only one to suffer the constant crash of the IDE of DXE3! After about an hour of use the IDE starts to become unstable, and crashes systematically when I double-click on the Project manager window to switch to a form or a unit! Ther are also other types of crashes but that is the most systematic and actually makes the system unusable because even restart Delphi on the first or second new click it crash again! Only restarting the PC (WIN7) I can become to work quiet for about an hour! In the system I installed a few third-party components, only Jedi, Fas...

Delphi 2006 vs Delphi 2009 IDE stability

ArcGIS runtime errors after upgrading from Delphi 2007 to Delphi XE3
We have an application written in Delphi Pascal that accesses the ArcGIS 9.3 API through the COM interface. We recently upgraded from Delphi 2007 to Delphi XE3 and ever since we upgraded we have been getting runtime errors in the ArcGIS libraries that we were not getting before. Specifically the error is always "invalid floating point operation". The first one that was occurring was happening in the method "sg.SgCoordRefSetZ". I was able to eliminate this error by adding a call to FGeoSpatialReference.SetZDomain(-10000, 100000.0) even though there is nowhere that we&#...

Delphi XE3 - Update 1
Hell @all, I just tested the Update 1 - still a lot of "out of memory errors" - "external exceptions" - - "rlink32 out of memory" .... Error inside unusable - bombs out with out of memory - Code inside - don't even try .... I wounder what they fixed ???? Do you know how the word QUALITY is spelled ? Have a good night. Nils > I wounder what they fixed ???? Do you know how the word QUALITY is spelled ? KVOLITI ? Konstantine Poukhov wrote: > > I wounder what they fixed ???? Do you know how the word QUALITY is > > spell...

Delphi 7 to Delphi XE

Delphi for PHP or Delphi PRISM

Delphi 4 to Delphi 2009

Web resources about - Delphi XE3 - embarcadero.delphi.ide