Delphi XE2 IDE - program starts minimized

All of a sudden, a program I'm running in the XE2 IDE starts minimized
down in the tray rather than on the screen.  I want to have it like it
used to be (not start minimized).  I can't figure out how to do it.
I've tried deleting the .dsk file, but that didn't help.  How can I do
it?
0
Jud

On Thu, 2 Feb 2012 20:38:57 -0800, Jud McCranie
<j.mccranie@comcast.net> wrote:

>All of a sudden, a program I'm running in the XE2 IDE starts minimized
>down in the tray rather than on the screen.

And it does not behave this way on other projects.
0
Jud
2/3/2012 4:59:15 AM
On Thu, 2 Feb 2012 20:38:57 -0800, Jud McCranie
<j.mccranie@comcast.net> wrote:

>All of a sudden, a program I'm running in the XE2 IDE starts minimized
>down in the tray rather than on the screen.

And it does the same way when running the EXE.

I tried adding
  Application.ShowMainForm := true;
to the DPR, but that didn't help.
0
Jud
2/3/2012 5:01:34 AM
On Thu, 2 Feb 2012 20:38:57 -0800, Jud McCranie
<j.mccranie@comcast.net> wrote:

>All of a sudden, a program I'm running in the XE2 IDE starts minimized
>down in the tray rather than on the screen.

And while I'm on the subject, when I call the context-sensitive help,
it is minimized too (always has been).  Is there a way to have it not
start minimized?
0
Jud
2/3/2012 5:09:39 AM
On Thu, 2 Feb 2012 20:38:57 -0800, Jud McCranie
<j.mccranie@comcast.net> wrote:

>All of a sudden, a program I'm running in the XE2 IDE starts minimized
>down in the tray rather than on the screen.

Whoops, the WindowedState of the form accidently got changed.

But still about the help - can it me made to not automatically
minimize?
0
Jud

> Whoops, the WindowedState of the form accidently got changed.

This sometime happens when in design time in IDE you have that form minimized
and you do compile (or run) and use that executable. If that form is
you startup (main) form it will start minimized. This can (only) happen when
you have your form design screen not embedded in the IDE.

or

If your startup (main) form does store it's windows settings in
registry (a formstorage component?) and the user closes your
application minimized then it can come up minimized by starting
the program.

greets.
0
Robert

VS ide / delphi ide key map

Unable to start Delphi IDE
Hi all, All of a sudden I'm no longer to start Delphi 2010 if have started it once before Upon starting the second time (after closing the first time) I get this error Cannot create file "C:\Users\[USERNAME]\AppData\Local\Temp\EditorLineEnds.ttr". The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process. The file is definitely not being used by another process. At this point only restarting Windows allows re-starting Delphi 2010. Any idea what may be causing this? Thanks in advance, Gerrit Beuze ModelMaker Tools > > maybe this ...

Delphi 2006 vs Delphi 2009 IDE stability

Delphi XE2 IDE with DPI 150%
I run Delphi XE2 on a Dell 27 inch screen (analysis 2560x1440), so I have increased DPI to 150%. However, IDE does not changes size and menus, toolbars, everything is too small to read. I have increased font size in editor and it looks fine, but the rest is so small that is almost unreadable. Is there any way to increase IDE font size? Thanks a lot in advance, Dimitris > {quote:title=Dimitris Koutsourelis wrote:}{quote} > I run Delphi XE2 on a Dell 27 inch screen (analysis 2560x1440), so I have increased DPI to 150%. However, IDE does not changes size and menus, toolbars, everyth...

Delphi IDEs
Is it possible to write applications for Android and touch sensitive screens with Delphi XE4 or later versions of Delphi? Is it possible to write applications for Windows 8 and touch sensitive screens with Delphi XE4 and later versions of Delphi? Pier Pier wrote: > Is it possible to write applications for Android and touch sensitive > screens with Delphi XE4 or later versions of Delphi? iOS support was added in XE4. Android support was added in Delphi XE5. > Is it possible to write applications for Windows 8 and touch sensitive > screens with Delphi XE4 an...

Hi, I wonder which is more programmer friendly. Especially for syntax highlighting and fast code writting, viewing.. Thanks.. Mehmet Fide wrote: > Hi, > > I wonder which is more programmer friendly. Especially for syntax > highlighting and fast code writting, viewing.. > > > Thanks.. See "RAD Studio 2010 vs. Visual Studio 2010" in non-technical group. -- Warm Regards, Lee ...

Delphi 2009 error starting IDE
Hi all, When I try to start my D2009 I always get the same error. "Stream read error" I've already tried to reinstall using the administrator account, doesn't work. Thanks all > {quote:title=Hendrik Declercq wrote:}{quote} > Hi all, > > When I try to start my D2009 I always get the same error. > > "Stream read error" > > I've already tried to reinstall using the administrator account, doesn't work. > > Thanks all Have you installed D2009 alongside another version of Delphi. Or on a system that has h...

Delphi 2010 Minimize IDE on Run
I've been a Delphi person for many years, but have just leapt from Delphi 7 to Delphi 2010. Still in the "it's hopefully here somewhere" phase, so forgive the newbie question. How do I set so that the IDE minimizes when I run the project? > {quote:title=Lodge Consultancy Proprietor wrote:}{quote} > I've been a Delphi person for many years, but have just leapt from Delphi 7 to Delphi 2010. Still in the "it's hopefully here somewhere" phase, so forgive the newbie question. How do I set so that the IDE minimizes when I run the project? Tools &...

Delphi XE2 IDE dies without any message
I have a Delphi project with a number of forms using objects from SourceForge Orpheus VCL. It has been working fine for very long time until tonight when suddenly XE2 IDE dies completely without any message when I scroll down in Object Inspector for one of the Orpheus edit fields. Other edit fields of the same type works fine, and I've compared the entries in the form .dfm file and I can't see anything odd about the failing ones. Anyone who has a clue on how to debug this? And how come that XE2 IDE just dies without the slightest information on what is wrong? Regards Mats, | A...

Delphi IDE not starting- Process monitor log
This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --JivePart=_1b94c.zeB8CwDOH5aMJzMl Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Utf-8" Here is a Process Monitor log captured when attempting to start Delphi 2009. --JivePart=_1b94c.zeB8CwDOH5aMJzMl Content-Type: application/octet-stream; name="Logfile.CSV" Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64 Content-Disposition: attachment; filename="Logfile.CSV" 77u/IlRpbWUgb2YgRGF5IiwiUHJvY2VzcyBOYW1lIiwiUElEIiwiT3BlcmF0aW9uIiwiUGF0aC...

[Delphi XE2] Tabs on IDE positioning error
I have tabs with components near main menu. It's look like in Delphi 7. After Run project and return to IDE (after program closed) sheet is on menu item Windows and Help (menu it's not visible at all). Delphi XE2 Update 2 ...

Delphi 7 to Delphi XE2

Delphi XE5 IDE is slow like XE2,XE3,XE4 [Edit]
Hello, Same problem on Delphi XE3, XE4 and XE5. Next Delphi XE6 ? Because of Livebinding Delphi IDE is became very very very slow to open Forms with a lot of components. This problem seems to be ignored but opened since Delphi XE2 in Quality Central : Report #: 116169 Report #: 102843 Report #: 103520 Easy to reproduce : Put a lot of third party components like TMSSoftware, DevExpress, Indy etc on a form an it will take a long time to open it and switch on it with F12. Problem is same with a lot of components on form or component with a lot of properties... There i...

Web resources about - Delphi XE2 IDE - program starts minimized - embarcadero.delphi.ide

Transition-minimized differential signaling - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The method is a form of 8b/10b encoding but using a code-set that differs from the original IBM form. A two-stage process converts an input of ...

Chile earthquake: How loss of life, damage was minimized
Tuesday's 8.2-magnitude earthquake off the coast of Chile is a reminder that the country is situated in a hotbed of seismic activity. Because ...

Spillover effects of monetary policy should be minimized
Spillover effects of monetary policy should be minimized People's Daily Online The G20 Finance Ministers and Central Bank Governors' Meeting ...

Kerry's Minimized & Mindful — Small Cool Contest
Like this Small Cool 2013 contest entry? Favorite it below! Name: Kerry Location: New York, NY Square Feet: 287 Division: Teeny-Tiny What I Love ...

Twitter for iOS now features a YouTube-like minimized player for videos
Twitter for iOS now features a minimized window that plays videos even while youre browsing or otherwise using the app.

Ebola risk minimized, but fear high
Fears about the deadly Ebola virus spread to Massachusetts this Columbus Day weekend, prompting holiday press conferences and reverse 911 calls ...

Watch: Torre says Clemens' Hall of Fame chances seem minimized
Roger Clemens' former trainer, Brian McNamee, testified at Clemens' re-trial that he injected the legendary pitcher with steroids in 1998. MLB ...

Working minimized my student debt
In the search for the ideal job, these millennials job-hopped often in their teens and early twenties.

How KitchenAid minimized its Twitter damage
It's every publishers' social media PR nightmare: a damaging tweet sent from a staffer representing your brand. KitchenAid lived it during the ...

Microsoft's Windows 8 Minimized Ribbon, Sensors Among New Features
... design cues from other Microsoft products like Office: There is, for instance, a "ribbon" user interface for Windows Explorer (albeit a minimized ...