Delphi XE IDE code parser error ?!? [Edit]

After adding a IdUDPServer to my form and trying to put some code into the OnUDPRead event, I'm not able to add any component to my form at design time, nor can I run the application.

here is the error i got: http://i54.tinypic.com/2j5jl0p.jpg

i`ve asked about this on StackOverflow and Mike Justin suggested to +remove the +System.+ from +TArray<System.Byte>+ (in the interface and implementation)+, even so then OnUDPRead event doesn`t trigger.

To test this i have made a simple app which uses 2 IdUDPServer comps, one to broadcast and one to Listen, works as expected in Delphi 2010 but if brought in DelphiXE and builded does not work, not even if i replace +TArray<Byte>+ with +TBytes+ as in D2010

any ideas ?

Thanks,
Alin
0
xr

<xr 1140> wrote in message news:298225@forums.embarcadero.com...

> After adding a IdUDPServer to my form and trying to put
> some code into the OnUDPRead event, I'm not able to add
> any component to my form at design time, nor can I run the
> application.

This is a known problem with XE.  The only workaround I know of right now is
to assign the OnUDPRead event handler in code at run-time instead of at
design-time.

--
Remy Lebeau (TeamB)
0

> This is a known problem with XE.  The only workaround I know of right now is
> to assign the OnUDPRead event handler in code at run-time instead of at
> design-time.
>
> --
> Remy Lebeau (TeamB)

this will do for now

thank you,
Alin
0
xr

Delphi Xe IDE error [Edit]
Hi, Getting the error: "Error in module : Declaration of class T_changeMeBack_s is missing or incorrect" when creating a new project as: New -> Other -> ActiveX Library Then adding New -> Other -> Active Form with the Include about box checked Project is created but the About1.pas file is not visible in the project manager (but a reference to it is found in the uses clause of the created unit and _TLB.pas files Edited by: mark buller on Nov 30, 2012 5:45 PM ...

Delphi code thowing errors within IDE (but not in compiled exe) [Edit]
Rad Studio - Delphi 2010 (Windows 7, 64 bit laptop) I started to get some issues with my delphi code not running within my Rad Studio (Delphi) 2010. I have been days trying to figure out why. Working with one installed package after another, trying to decide if it was the culprit or not. After finally uninstalling all packages, and even uninstalling the entire Rad Studio (and re-installing just Rad-Studio), i can't seem to figure what can be causing my Delphi IDE to act as it does. I even cleaned the registry of all things related to my component package a nd Rad Studio (before re-inst...

Delphi IDE Code Formatter [Edit]
Hi All. This thing continues to drive me crazy ;) : it is since the IDE of XE2 that I can't really use the integrated code formatter tool. Why it continues to break lines of code like these from for I := 0 to 4 do MyObj.mymethod(i); to for I := 0 to 4 do MyObj.mymethod(i); ? I know.., but for me it's a matter of taste, and not only: which is the option I have to turn off to avoid this breaking rule to be applied to my code? Thanks. Marco Edited by: Marco Cirinei on Sep 26, 2014 11:31 AM On 26/09/2014 7:32 PM, Marco Cirinei wrote: > Hi ...

Opendialog error in IDE and Delphi XE
Hi, I have observed several times now that when calling an opendialog in Delphi XE from the IDE the program fails. The executable directly works fine and this code has also worked fine in Delphi 2006, from the IDE. Has anything changed that I should be aware of? I am running Delphi XE and Windows 7 (32 bit) {code} FName := ''; OdMyData.InitialDir := ApplicationRootPath; try if OdMyData.Execute then FName := OdMyData.FileName; if FName <> '' then edIconPath.text := FName; finally imgIcon.Picture.Bitmap.LoadFromFile(FName); ...

Delphi 2009 IDE errors
I go to Build or Compile and get an error [DCC Error] E2161 Error: RLINK32: Error opening file "FilenameHere.dfm" It is becuase a file in my USES clause in not open or part of my project. If I open the file first it will compile. (Once it compiles I can close the fileand it still compiles until I exit Delphi 2009) OR If I add the file to my project it will compile. This is a shared unit I do *not* want to include in my project. This worked fine in Delphi 6 and I think in Delphi 2007(although I did not test this exact case to know for sure) The path to the file is in Tools, Op...

Delphi XE IDE : Trace in wrong position, its a bug ? [Edit]
Dear All, We just install the IDE for Delphi XE Architect edition and Delphi XE Enterprise Edition. But when we trace our source code, usually using F7, the red-position of trace source code line in wrong positions. The IDE points into empty lines. for example: line 532. its a bug ? or what ? how to correct this one. Image attached for further investigation [IMG]http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t206/manz_image/XEErrorTracingF7.png[/IMG] Edited by: Rachman Maulana on Nov 2, 2010 3:00 AM > {quote:title=Rachman Maulana wrote:}{quote} > Dear All, > > We j...

Setup.exe error when starting Delphi XE IDE on Win 7 with UAC
when I start Delphi XE on Win 7 Ultimate 64bit with UAC switched on I get the following displayed in the messages section of the screen Error executing 'C:\ProgramData\{7DE921C9-42C8-4DA3-8A44-043C3349FD1D}\Setup.exe': The requested operation requires elevation Should it try and run setup every time I open the IDE? Roy Sharp wrote: > when I start Delphi XE on Win 7 Ultimate 64bit with UAC switched on I > get the following displayed in the messages section of the screen > > Error executing > 'C:\ProgramData\{7DE921C9-42C8-4DA3-8A44-043C3349FD1D}\Setup...

Opening up a PAS file opens up another instance of Delphi XE IDE... [Edit]
Here's the problem: When I double click on a .Pas file. a new Delphi XE IDE opens up. Is there a way to open up the file inside of the Delphi XE IDE that is currently open? Edited by: Joseph Trapani on Jan 31, 2012 4:04 PM > Here's the problem: > When I double click on a .Pas file. a new Delphi XE IDE opens up. > Is there a way to open up the file inside of the Delphi XE IDE that is > currently open? > > Edited by: Joseph Trapani on Jan 31, 2012 4:04 PM Drag and drop the file onto the IDE? BTW: I have my .PAS files set to open in a text editor ...

Delphi XE IDE Not Responding when I try to open up a unit (Ctrl+Left Click) [Edit]
Any idea of why this is, or ways to avoid this ANNOYING error? It seems to happen on imported units. Delphi 7 hardly ever seemed to have this issue! Here's an example. 1) Create a new VCL Project. 2) Drag a TWordDocument onto the form. 3) Save the file. 4) Hold the Ctrl key, and left click on WordXP in the Uses list. Edited by: Joseph Trapani on Feb 10, 2012 1:06 PM Joseph Trapani wrote: > Any idea of why this is, or ways to avoid this ANNOYING error? It > seems to happen on imported units. Delphi 7 hardly ever seemed to > have this issue! > >...

Error on Delphi 6 but not on Delphi Xe for Ftp
I am Experimenting with get a file from our webside server via Ftp. I have 2 Machines 1 a laptop runing XP Delphi 6 Indy 10.5.8.0 An a machine runing Window 7 Delphi XE2 with Indy 10.5.8.0. I am using the Same Code on Both. procedure TFrmMain.ProcessItemDalySpecial; var PathDest : String; FileName : String; begin with FrmTb2 do begin if ReadIniBoolean(IniCfg,'FTP','UseFtpDaly') then begin Ftp.Host := ReadIniStr(IniCfg,'FTP','HostDaly'); Ftp.Port := ReadIniInt(IniCfg,'FTP'...

VS ide / delphi ide key map

Delphi IDE Code Formatter
Hi All. This thing continues to drive me crazy ;) : it is since the IDE of XE2 that I can't really use the integrated code formatter tool. Why it continues to break lines of code like these from for I := 0 to 4 do MyObj.mymethod(i); to for I := 0 to 4 do MyObj.mymethod(i); ? I know.., but for me it's a matter of taste, and not only: which is the option I have to turn off to avoid this breaking rule to be applied to my code? Thanks. Marco ...

Web resources about - Delphi XE IDE code parser error ?!? [Edit] - embarcadero.delphi.ide