Delphi IDE version

We have a help, about form with various info.
I already have the Application version on here.
I would like to incluude the Delphi IDE version here also XE2 is our latest version.
Rather than hard coding in the code, is there a runtme option that returns the Delphi IDE version that app was created with?
0
Larry

"Larry Wall" wrote in message news:626381@forums.embarcadero.com...
> We have a help, about form with various info.
> I already have the Application version on here.
> I would like to incluude the Delphi IDE version here also XE2 is our
> latest version.
> Rather than hard coding in the code, is there a runtme option that returns
> the Delphi IDE version that app was created with?

Nothing at runtime that I know of, but maybe someone else knows something.

The only thing I know of that can help you are the compile-time version
defs. For example:

const
{$IfDef VER150}
     IDEVersion = 'Delphi 7';
[.etc...]
{$Else IfDef VER230}
     IDEVersion = 'XE2';
{$Else IfDef VER240}
     IDEVersion = 'XE3';
[.. etc..]
 {$EndIf}

Of course you only need to begin with the earliest version you are currently
using, if that is XE2 then you don't need to test anything earlier, but will
have to keep adding another $else for each new version you use. Best to
place this into a separate unit of its own.

--
Wayne Niddery (TeamB)
"You know what they call alternative medicine that has been proven to work?
Larry Wall wrote:

> We have a help, about form with various info.
> I already have the Application version on here.
> I would like to incluude the Delphi IDE version here also XE2 is our
> latest version.  Rather than hard coding in the code, is there a
> runtme option that returns the Delphi IDE version that app was
> created with?

See http://www.monien.net/delphi-compilerrtlvcl-version-overview/

The System unit offers RTLVersion and CompilerVersion constants, but
there is no function to turn that into a string holding the IDE "Name"
like "Delphi XE2".

--
Peter Below (TeamB)
0

VS ide / delphi ide key map

Delphi 2006 vs Delphi 2009 IDE stability

Hi, I wonder which is more programmer friendly. Especially for syntax highlighting and fast code writting, viewing.. Thanks.. Mehmet Fide wrote: > Hi, > > I wonder which is more programmer friendly. Especially for syntax > highlighting and fast code writting, viewing.. > > > Thanks.. See "RAD Studio 2010 vs. Visual Studio 2010" in non-technical group. -- Warm Regards, Lee ...

Delphi IDEs
Is it possible to write applications for Android and touch sensitive screens with Delphi XE4 or later versions of Delphi? Is it possible to write applications for Windows 8 and touch sensitive screens with Delphi XE4 and later versions of Delphi? Pier Pier wrote: > Is it possible to write applications for Android and touch sensitive > screens with Delphi XE4 or later versions of Delphi? iOS support was added in XE4. Android support was added in Delphi XE5. > Is it possible to write applications for Windows 8 and touch sensitive > screens with Delphi XE4 an...

Delphi/IDE: XE7 Project Options Version Info
This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --JivePart=_a7b4d.zeB8CwDOH5aMJzMl Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Utf-8" Screenshot for the thread https://forums.embarcadero.com/thread.jspa?threadID=112046 --JivePart=_a7b4d.zeB8CwDOH5aMJzMl Content-Type: image/png; name="VersionInfo.PNG" Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64 Content-Disposition: attachment; filename="VersionInfo.PNG" iVBORw0KGgoAAAANSUhEUgAAAeoAAAEcCAYAAAAIpvc+AAAAAXNSR0IArs4c6QAAAARnQU1BA...

Delphi/IDE: XE7 Project Options Version Info
This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --JivePart=_a7b4d.zeB8CwDOH5aMJzMl Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Utf-8" Screenshot for the thread https://forums.embarcadero.com/thread.jspa?threadID=112046 --JivePart=_a7b4d.zeB8CwDOH5aMJzMl Content-Type: image/png; name="VersionInfo.PNG" Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64 Content-Disposition: attachment; filename="VersionInfo.PNG" iVBORw0KGgoAAAANSUhEUgAAAeoAAAEcCAYAAAAIpvc+AAAAAXNSR0IArs4c6QAAAARnQU1BA...

Delphi needs this: Designtime 'tasks' panes in MS Visual Web Developer 2008 [picture]
This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --JivePart=_8bd4.zeB8CwDOH5aMJzMl Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Utf-8" --JivePart=_8bd4.zeB8CwDOH5aMJzMl Content-Type: image/jpeg; name="WeNeedThis.jpg" Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64 Content-Disposition: attachment; filename="WeNeedThis.jpg" iVBORw0KGgoAAAANSUhEUgAAARcAAAEaCAYAAAA7TRMKAAAABHNCSVQICAgIfAhkiAAAAAlwSFlz AAAL1wAAC9cBJXXS8AAAABl0RVh0U29mdHdhcmUAd3d3Lmlua3NjYXBlLm9yZ5vuPBoAACAASURB VHic...

Delphi IDE crashes
Hello, I've got a problem with Delphi 2010. The ide sometimes crashes and crashes and crashes. I've opened a QN but they can't figure it out and redirected us to the http://support.embarcadero.com Page. But we dont have a support agreement with Embarcadero so I ask here. Here is the link to the QN: http://qc.embarcadero.com/wc/qcmain.aspx?d=89563 In short words: The IDE crashes during an oepration like CTRL + Mouseclick at a variable or something like that. If the ide is crashed you can simply open delphi again and again and agian. And it will crashes evertime you use ...

How is made the Delphi IDE ?
Hello Some years ago it was clear (for me) that Delphi was written in...Delphi + VCL. Is it always true ? Are there some informations about it ? I curious about editor because it is quite clean and efficient, and is 'customised' with some third party software like CnPack, do they have acces to sources or new functions are done via a plug in ? Am 26.07.2013 10:11, schrieb phil prost: > Hello > Some years ago it was clear (for me) that Delphi was written in...Delphi + VCL. Is it always true ? Are there some informations about it ? > I curious about editor because it is q...

what is the best Delphi IDE
Hello, I am making a pool here tell us what is the best Delphi IDE you work with ? isaac sam wrote: > Hello, > I am making a pool here Cool! I'll take care of the drinks. FWIW, reservations made by getting up very early and putting a towel on a deckchair will not be honoured (I'm sure some of our European guests here will recognize the system). -- Rudy Velthuis (TeamB) http://www.teamb.com "What a cruel thing is war: to separate and destroy families and friends, and mar the purest joys and happiness God has granted us in this world; to fil...

Delphi 7 IDE
Sorry, I tried to post this to the IDE group, but got "posting not allowed" error. When starting Delphi 7 (all patches applied), with the load last project option, only the object inspector, object treeview, code window and form show up. The IDE / component bar are not opened. Anyone have this happen before? Is there a fix for it? Nothing found with google or newsgroup search, sorry. Charles Collins wrote: > When starting Delphi 7 (all patches applied), with the load last > project option, only the object inspector, object treeview, code > window and ...

Delphi 7 IDE
Anyone know where I might go to get some information on a nasty "Debug process already running" message in Delphi 7 IDE? I can't compile any of my D7 projects. I uninstalled and reinstalled D7 but the same message pops up. XE3 is not affected by whatever is happening. All my XE3 programs compile and run fine. Are there any D7 forums left out there? My google search on the problem has yielded nothing useful. On which OS? Delphi 7 works very well under Vista/Seven/Eight if you install it not in C:\Program files (the default) but in a dedicated folder (I use C:\Progs) - d...

Web resources about - Delphi IDE version - embarcadero.delphi.ide

Authorized King James Version - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The title page to the 1611 first edition of the Authorized Version Bible by Cornelis Boel shows the Apostles Peter and Paul seated centrally ...

Microsoft developing iPhone version of its Swype-like Word Flow keyboard for Windows Phone
... For more news on Apps , Microsoft , and Keyboards continue reading at 9to5Mac . What do you think? Discuss "Microsoft developing iPhone version ...

Microsoft is making a special version of 'Minecraft' for the classroom — here's why
Today, Microsoft announced "Minecraft: Education Edition," a special version of the smash-hit game that's designed for the classroom. To make ...

Fans Petition For Deadpool Movie PG-13 Version
... filmmakers alike insisting that watering down Deadpool for a PG-13 rating would result in a movie that wasn't worth watching, an R-rated version ...

'The Flash' Season 2 Spoilers: Grant Gustin On Whether Zoom Is Actually Evil Version Of Barry
"The Flash" star Grant Gustin opened up on what he thinks about the popular fan theory suggesting that Zoom is actually an evil version of Barry. ...

Microsoft won't support old Windows versions on new processors
Were you hoping to get a new Windows PC in the office this year without having to move to Windows 10 in the process? You might not have much ...

See More Honest Versions Of Posters For Oscar Nominees And Films That Were Snubbed
These fake posters for 2015's prestige films are more direct than the real ones. A lot of people are upset about the lack of diversity among ...

Yes, Fox Really Should Make A PG-13 Version Of 'Deadpool'
For those who don't know or don't care, "Beyond the Trailer" host Grace Randolphdropped a video on January 13th basically complaining that releasing ...

Only the Latest Version of Windows Will Run on Some Future CPUs
If you thought the days of CPU—OS incompatibilities were behind you, think again. It’s quietly been announced that some future silicon will only ...

The Reason Why We Still Haven't Seen Civil War's Version of Spider-Man
Stan Lee talks about a Star Wars / Marvel crossover movie, because of course he does. Maisie Williams adds another twist to Game of Thrones ’ ...