Delphi IDE Code Formatter

Hi All.
This thing continues to drive me crazy ;) : it is since the IDE of XE2 that I can't really use the integrated code formatter tool.
Why it continues to break lines of code like these

from

for I := 0 to 4 do MyObj.mymethod(i);

for I := 0 to 4 do
   MyObj.mymethod(i);

?

I know.., but for me it's a matter of taste, and not only: which is the option I have to turn off to avoid this breaking rule to be applied to my code?
Thanks.
Marco
0
Marco

Delphi IDE Code Formatter [Edit]
Hi All. This thing continues to drive me crazy ;) : it is since the IDE of XE2 that I can't really use the integrated code formatter tool. Why it continues to break lines of code like these from for I := 0 to 4 do MyObj.mymethod(i); to for I := 0 to 4 do MyObj.mymethod(i); ? I know.., but for me it's a matter of taste, and not only: which is the option I have to turn off to avoid this breaking rule to be applied to my code? Thanks. Marco Edited by: Marco Cirinei on Sep 26, 2014 11:31 AM On 26/09/2014 7:32 PM, Marco Cirinei wrote: > Hi ...

VS ide / delphi ide key map

Delphi 2006 vs Delphi 2009 IDE stability

Delphi IDEs
Is it possible to write applications for Android and touch sensitive screens with Delphi XE4 or later versions of Delphi? Is it possible to write applications for Windows 8 and touch sensitive screens with Delphi XE4 and later versions of Delphi? Pier Pier wrote: > Is it possible to write applications for Android and touch sensitive > screens with Delphi XE4 or later versions of Delphi? iOS support was added in XE4. Android support was added in Delphi XE5. > Is it possible to write applications for Windows 8 and touch sensitive > screens with Delphi XE4 an...

Hi, I wonder which is more programmer friendly. Especially for syntax highlighting and fast code writting, viewing.. Thanks.. Mehmet Fide wrote: > Hi, > > I wonder which is more programmer friendly. Especially for syntax > highlighting and fast code writting, viewing.. > > > Thanks.. See "RAD Studio 2010 vs. Visual Studio 2010" in non-technical group. -- Warm Regards, Lee ...

Delphi XE IDE code parser error ?!? [Edit]
After adding a IdUDPServer to my form and trying to put some code into the OnUDPRead event, I'm not able to add any component to my form at design time, nor can I run the application. here is the error i got: http://i54.tinypic.com/2j5jl0p.jpg i`ve asked about this on StackOverflow and Mike Justin suggested to +remove the +System.+ from +TArray<System.Byte>+ (in the interface and implementation)+, even so then OnUDPRead event doesn`t trigger. To test this i have made a simple app which uses 2 IdUDPServer comps, one to broadcast and one to Listen, works as expected in Delph...

Delphi code thowing errors within IDE (but not in compiled exe) [Edit]
Rad Studio - Delphi 2010 (Windows 7, 64 bit laptop) I started to get some issues with my delphi code not running within my Rad Studio (Delphi) 2010. I have been days trying to figure out why. Working with one installed package after another, trying to decide if it was the culprit or not. After finally uninstalling all packages, and even uninstalling the entire Rad Studio (and re-installing just Rad-Studio), i can't seem to figure what can be causing my Delphi IDE to act as it does. I even cleaned the registry of all things related to my component package a nd Rad Studio (before re-inst...

Delphi 2010 IDE CTR+D key formatting code that I would like to disable.
Hello all, is there a way to disable totally the CTR+D key that is formatting the code ? I have a 18000 line source code file that was screwed up by this feature and I could not recover from it ! CTR+D is very close to CTRL+C and cause unwanted action to happen. Thanks a lot. > {quote:title=Cyril CAVADORE wrote:}{quote} > Hello all, > is there a way to disable totally the CTR+D key that is formatting the code ? > I have a 18000 line source code file that was screwed up by this feature and I could not recover from it ! > CTR+D is very close to CTRL+C and cause unwante...

Delphi needs this: Designtime 'tasks' panes in MS Visual Web Developer 2008 [picture]
This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --JivePart=_8bd4.zeB8CwDOH5aMJzMl Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Utf-8" --JivePart=_8bd4.zeB8CwDOH5aMJzMl Content-Type: image/jpeg; name="WeNeedThis.jpg" Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64 Content-Disposition: attachment; filename="WeNeedThis.jpg" iVBORw0KGgoAAAANSUhEUgAAARcAAAEaCAYAAAA7TRMKAAAABHNCSVQICAgIfAhkiAAAAAlwSFlz AAAL1wAAC9cBJXXS8AAAABl0RVh0U29mdHdhcmUAd3d3Lmlua3NjYXBlLm9yZ5vuPBoAACAASURB VHic...

converting delphi code to delphi .NET
Hi,I'm looking at converting quite a bit of old delphi code to delphi .NET .  I'm wondering can it be converted to VB.NET for certain ?  Or perhaps there are some unsupported functions etc in delphi and I should keep the code delphi ?  There are about 10,000 lines of code.   Anyone brave enough to take an estimate on how long it would take to convert 10,000 lines ?is going from delphi to delphi.NET smooth ?   Would going to another language cause complications ?Thanks! mike123   Mike123,   Sorry I can not help, however, I have the s...

delphi 2006 code in delphi 2010