Delphi code thowing errors within IDE (but not in compiled exe) [Edit]

Rad Studio - Delphi 2010 (Windows 7, 64 bit laptop)

I started to get some issues with my delphi code not running within my Rad Studio (Delphi) 2010. I have been days trying to figure out why. Working with one installed package after another, trying to decide if it was the culprit or not. After finally uninstalling all packages, and even uninstalling the entire Rad Studio (and re-installing just Rad-Studio), i can't seem to figure what can be causing my Delphi IDE to act as it does. I even cleaned the registry of all things related to my component package a
nd Rad Studio (before re-installing just a fresh copy of Rad Studio Delphi 2010).

Ok, with just a fresh copy of Rad Studio installed i try to write a simple application (just a button on a form which calls an open dialog box to select a file, and display the file name.

begin
 if opendialog1.Execute then
  begin
   ShowMesage(opendialog1.filename);
  end;
end;

It compiles, and it builds just fine without any errors, however, when I run the application and i click on the button, i get the following message:

Project1.exe has stopped working A problem caused the program to stop working. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available.

When i click the Close Program button, i get nothing, it just returns to the Delphi 2010 IDE.

If i compile it, i can run the executable. I get no errors. Error only occurs in delphi ide.

This is really become a serious issue for me, since i can no longer run or debug code in my IDE without this coming up.

This does not happen if i just create a blank default application without the code, and run it.

I have asked this question on forums and here are the responses and answers:

I Tred disabling all shell extensions. (254 of them) . I also disabled everything in MSConfig under startup as well. I rebooted my machine, cranked a freshly installed version of Delphi 2010 up and ran that code and still get the message.......i am totally dumbfounded now - have no idea where to go from here, and why all of a sudden i can't do anything.

No thirdparty components or units in the uses clause of the application. None in the Win32 library path as well (other than those by default installation of rad studio) No MadExcept or EurekaLog either.

My development, debugging, etc...has come to a halt until i can figure out what is causing this issue and i can get it fixed and back up and running. I am working hard at doing this.

I have an event log, but i am not sure how to attach, upload, or provide in some way - here

Thanks

Edited by: Shane Holmes on Mar 9, 2012 9:57 AM
0
Shane

You've possibly got something that hates having a debugger present
You've checked the usual culprits (shell extensions etc), but there may be others
eg device driver that gets called when building the shell list

Does the debuggers event log help? The module load events might narrow it down - clear the log, then execute the dialog and see what gets loaded

Or you might be able to use ProcessMonitor http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb896645
If you're lucky, the last dll shown before the crash will be the culprit
0
karl
3/9/2012 6:07:13 PM
> {quote:title=karl pritchett wrote:}{quote}
> You've possibly got something that hates having a debugger present
> You've checked the usual culprits (shell extensions etc), but there may be others
> eg device driver that gets called when building the shell list
>
> Does the debuggers event log help? The module load events might narrow it down - clear the log, then execute the dialog and see what gets loaded
>
> Or you might be able to use ProcessMonitor http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb896645
> If you're lucky, the last dll shown before the crash will be the culprit

I am next to clueless on how to read these event logs. Here they are. The first is before clicking the button (no error). The second is after clicking the button (getting an error)

http://www.bluelinegeocachers.org/delphi/

thanks
\
0
Shane
3/9/2012 6:10:04 PM
Shane Holmes wrote:

> I am next to clueless on how to read these event logs. Here they are.
> The first is before clicking the button (no error). The second is
> after clicking the button (getting an error)
>
> http://www.bluelinegeocachers.org/delphi/

detoured.dll? Suspicious, if you ask me.-- Arno Garrels
0
Arno
3/9/2012 6:26:59 PM
You'd just track the dll names to what programs they are
The one that stands out as non standard is Carbonite, but others may be as well

Is it a program you can stop loading on startup?

Sysinternals Autoruns, can show and disable most programs from autostarting
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb963902

If it's not that one, then it's a turn them off one by one until you find it problem
0
karl
3/9/2012 6:33:38 PM
Oh, does the error you get give an address?
You might be able to match that to the dlls addresses
0
karl

Delphi XE IDE code parser error ?!? [Edit]
After adding a IdUDPServer to my form and trying to put some code into the OnUDPRead event, I'm not able to add any component to my form at design time, nor can I run the application. here is the error i got: http://i54.tinypic.com/2j5jl0p.jpg i`ve asked about this on StackOverflow and Mike Justin suggested to +remove the +System.+ from +TArray<System.Byte>+ (in the interface and implementation)+, even so then OnUDPRead event doesn`t trigger. To test this i have made a simple app which uses 2 IdUDPServer comps, one to broadcast and one to Listen, works as expected in Delph...

Delphi Xe IDE error [Edit]
Hi, Getting the error: "Error in module : Declaration of class T_changeMeBack_s is missing or incorrect" when creating a new project as: New -> Other -> ActiveX Library Then adding New -> Other -> Active Form with the Include about box checked Project is created but the About1.pas file is not visible in the project manager (but a reference to it is found in the uses clause of the created unit and _TLB.pas files Edited by: mark buller on Nov 30, 2012 5:45 PM ...

Delphi IDE Code Formatter [Edit]
Hi All. This thing continues to drive me crazy ;) : it is since the IDE of XE2 that I can't really use the integrated code formatter tool. Why it continues to break lines of code like these from for I := 0 to 4 do MyObj.mymethod(i); to for I := 0 to 4 do MyObj.mymethod(i); ? I know.., but for me it's a matter of taste, and not only: which is the option I have to turn off to avoid this breaking rule to be applied to my code? Thanks. Marco Edited by: Marco Cirinei on Sep 26, 2014 11:31 AM On 26/09/2014 7:32 PM, Marco Cirinei wrote: > Hi ...

Delphi 2009 IDE errors
I go to Build or Compile and get an error [DCC Error] E2161 Error: RLINK32: Error opening file "FilenameHere.dfm" It is becuase a file in my USES clause in not open or part of my project. If I open the file first it will compile. (Once it compiles I can close the fileand it still compiles until I exit Delphi 2009) OR If I add the file to my project it will compile. This is a shared unit I do *not* want to include in my project. This worked fine in Delphi 6 and I think in Delphi 2007(although I did not test this exact case to know for sure) The path to the file is in Tools, Op...

Setup.exe error when starting Delphi XE IDE on Win 7 with UAC
when I start Delphi XE on Win 7 Ultimate 64bit with UAC switched on I get the following displayed in the messages section of the screen Error executing 'C:\ProgramData\{7DE921C9-42C8-4DA3-8A44-043C3349FD1D}\Setup.exe': The requested operation requires elevation Should it try and run setup every time I open the IDE? Roy Sharp wrote: > when I start Delphi XE on Win 7 Ultimate 64bit with UAC switched on I > get the following displayed in the messages section of the screen > > Error executing > 'C:\ProgramData\{7DE921C9-42C8-4DA3-8A44-043C3349FD1D}\Setup...

VS ide / delphi ide key map

Delphi IDE Code Formatter
Hi All. This thing continues to drive me crazy ;) : it is since the IDE of XE2 that I can't really use the integrated code formatter tool. Why it continues to break lines of code like these from for I := 0 to 4 do MyObj.mymethod(i); to for I := 0 to 4 do MyObj.mymethod(i); ? I know.., but for me it's a matter of taste, and not only: which is the option I have to turn off to avoid this breaking rule to be applied to my code? Thanks. Marco ...

Delphi 2006 vs Delphi 2009 IDE stability

Error: "Query: dataset not in Edit mode": in delphi code for Rave Report [Edit]
I am trying to write a Delphi code (Delphi 2010) to print a rave report from the access database; I am using RVSystemprint method; q1 is a query name. I get error message " q1: dataset not in edit or insert mode", at the line: while not q1.Eof. Even though I added q1.Edit or q1.insert, it doesn't work. Database's readonly property is FALSE. What is missing in the code? Thanks. procedure TForm1.rsysPrint(Sender: TObject); begin with Sender as TBaseReport do begin ..... q1.Open; q1.Edit; q1.first; while not q1.Eof do begin ... end; .... ...

Delphi 2009 error starting IDE
Hi all, When I try to start my D2009 I always get the same error. "Stream read error" I've already tried to reinstall using the administrator account, doesn't work. Thanks all > {quote:title=Hendrik Declercq wrote:}{quote} > Hi all, > > When I try to start my D2009 I always get the same error. > > "Stream read error" > > I've already tried to reinstall using the administrator account, doesn't work. > > Thanks all Have you installed D2009 alongside another version of Delphi. Or on a system that has h...

Opendialog error in IDE and Delphi XE
Hi, I have observed several times now that when calling an opendialog in Delphi XE from the IDE the program fails. The executable directly works fine and this code has also worked fine in Delphi 2006, from the IDE. Has anything changed that I should be aware of? I am running Delphi XE and Windows 7 (32 bit) {code} FName := ''; OdMyData.InitialDir := ApplicationRootPath; try if OdMyData.Execute then FName := OdMyData.FileName; if FName <> '' then edIconPath.text := FName; finally imgIcon.Picture.Bitmap.LoadFromFile(FName); ...

Web resources about - Delphi code thowing errors within IDE (but not in compiled exe) [Edit] - embarcadero.delphi.ide

Illinois Compiled Statutes - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Decker, John F.; Kopacz, Christopher (2012). Illinois Criminal Law: A Survey of Crimes and Defenses (5th ed.). LexisNexis . § 1.01. ISBN 978-0-7698-5284-3 ...

compiled st - kilda to rosstown extension - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Explore Cameron Stewart's photos on Flickr. Cameron Stewart has uploaded 431 photos to Flickr.

21 Foot Rule Less Talk and More action (compiled and shortened) - YouTube
http://www.21footrule.com It is one thing to read about the 21 foot rule, it is another to actually see it done. Many times people think that ...

Hillary and Bill Clinton compiled disloyalty 'hit list', new book claims
Hillary and Bill Clinton keep a detailed "hit list" of everyone who has crossed them during more than 20 years at the apex of American politics, ...

Steve Jobs videos compiled into ultimate collection
... New York Times on Twitter, a pretty extensive collection of Steve Jobs’ interviews, keynotes, product demos, and rare company video was compiled ...

NRA compiled secret gun registry on “tens of millions” of gun owners
If you really believe the government is Hitler, then why aren't they capable of stealing the NRA's gun registry? .

We’ve compiled a list of the best time-saving Android shortcuts
The best thing about Android is that if you don't like the way it does some things, you can change it to make it more convenient. A recent thread ...

"Within the past 24 hours, user-contributed link aggregator reddit.com compiled a 'secret list' of banned ...
"... including such reputable news sites as The Atlantic, Business Week, PhysOrg and ScienceDaily." Reddit is a site that claims to be all for ...

Thank goodness the NSA had the sense to put funnyman Art Buchwald on the watch list it compiled for President ...
... which turned to the FBI, and eventually the NSA "expanding the watch list to include domestic terrorist and foreign radical suspects" compiled ...