Rad Studio - Delphi 2010 (Windows 7, 64 bit laptop)
I started to get some issues with my delphi code not running within my Rad Studio (Delphi) 2010. I have been days trying to figure out why. Working with one installed package after another, trying to decide if it was the culprit or not. After finally uninstalling all packages, and even uninstalling the entire Rad Studio (and re-installing just Rad-Studio), i can't seem to figure what can be causing my Delphi IDE to act as it does. I even cleaned the registry of all things related to my component package a
nd Rad Studio (before re-installing just a fresh copy of Rad Studio Delphi 2010).
Ok, with just a fresh copy of Rad Studio installed i try to write a simple application (just a button on a form which calls an open dialog box to select a file, and display the file name.
procedure TForm1.Button1Click(Sender: TObject);
if opendialog1.Execute then
It compiles, and it builds just fine without any errors, however, when I run the application and i click on the button, i get the following message:
Project1.exe has stopped working A problem caused the program to stop working. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available.
When i click the Close Program button, i get nothing, it just returns to the Delphi 2010 IDE.
If i compile it, i can run the executable. I get no errors. Error only occurs in delphi ide.
This is really become a serious issue for me, since i can no longer run or debug code in my IDE without this coming up.
This does not happen if i just create a blank default application without the code, and run it.
I have asked this question on forums and here are the responses and answers:
I Tred disabling all shell extensions. (254 of them) . I also disabled everything in MSConfig under startup as well. I rebooted my machine, cranked a freshly installed version of Delphi 2010 up and ran that code and still get the message.......i am totally dumbfounded now - have no idea where to go from here, and why all of a sudden i can't do anything.
No thirdparty components or units in the uses clause of the application. None in the Win32 library path as well (other than those by default installation of rad studio) No MadExcept or EurekaLog either.
My development, debugging, etc...has come to a halt until i can figure out what is causing this issue and i can get it fixed and back up and running. I am working hard at doing this.
I have an event log, but i am not sure how to attach, upload, or provide in some way - here
Edited by: Shane Holmes on Mar 9, 2012 9:57 AM