Delphi 7 pro on Vista 64 bit - cant find program yourProgram.exe help!

I am running Delphi 7 pro on vista 64 bit. I have had no problems since
patching it to run on vista. It was working fine, then i unfortunately had
to take a break from delphi for a couple months(work got crazy). I finally
got back to delphi but all my programs will not run now from the ide.
Everytime i try to run a program from the ide it gives me the error
could not find program, "Path\Program.exe".
Anybody know what is going on? i tried running as administrator, i do not
use UAC, and my anti-virus is not running. I also tried setting the exe
output to different folders, and still the same error. and this is on all my
software. i even tried starting a new application, and running it woth no
components and/or code
and still got the same error!!!!
If anyone can help me i would be greatly appreciative.
Thanks,
Dave
0
David

Occasional errors with 32-bit Delphi 7 application on Windows 7 64-bit
Hi, I have a 32-bit Delphi 7 application which was deployed on some machines with Windows 7 64-bit. The application occasionally displays errors such as: "Error reading ppDBText37.Border.Color: Invalid property value" or "Error reading Label24.Font.Ch: Property Ch does not exist" (here the name "Charset" was apparently truncated to "Ch") I checked how those properties are declared on the form where the errors occurred, and all seems ok: - First form (where "Error reading ppDBText37.Border.Color: Invalid property value" occurs): ...

Windows 7 and Delphi 7, 32 or 64 bit?
I am in the process of getting a new PC and these days there is a choice between 32 and 64 bit operating system (Win7). I have both Delphi7 Pro and BDS2006, where most of my work tends to still be done in Delphi 7. My question now is: Does Delphi 7 work correctly in Windows 7 x64 or do I have to install the 32 bit version in order to work with Delphi 7? This is about the IDE, not programs created with Delphi, which I already know work fine in Win7x64. I am worried about the impact of new security measures in Win7 and incompatibilities between the Delphi7 debugger and Win7x64..... Bo ...

Delphi 64 bit / Future Direction of Delphi
I am responding to the various requests for 64 bit and the discussion about the future direction of Delphi. I have a small company - we write software for new and used auto dealerships - sales and finance - coming out with accounting now and parts and service in the next few years. Our customers don't care about 32 bit vs 64 bit, etc. They want me to provide simple and convenient solutions to make their jobs easier. We have stuck with Delphi 5 for many years - I should have upgraded 5 years ago but it did the job. We are now in the early stages of a significant up...

Delphi 7 Pro to Delphi XE2
Hi All I'm porting a project from Delphi 7 Pro to Delphi XE2 and have notice the VersionInfo "Release" and "Build" not being extracted correctly. Should be "1.2.3.4" but is getting "1.2.6150.4567" I'm using the following to extract the VersionInfo and works ok in Delphi 7 but doesnt get the "Release" and "Build" info when used in Delphi XE2. function GetVersion : string; { --------------------------------------------------------- Extracts the FileVersion element of the VERSIONINFO structure that Delphi ma...

Installation of Delphi 7 onto Windows 7 64 bit platform.
Hello, I am attempting to install Delphi 7 onto Windows 7, 64 bits, and keep getting the message: " Unable to rename C:\Program Files (x86)\Borland\Delphi7\Bin\delphi32.$$$ to 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Borland\Delphi7\Bin\delphi32.dro' ". How do I get around this error, or is it even possible? Thank you very much in advance. John Shyer John Shyer wrote: >Hello, > >I am attempting to install Delphi 7 onto Windows 7, 64 bits, and keep >getting the message: " Unable to rename C:\Program Files >(x86)\Borland\Delphi7\Bin\delphi32.$$$ to '...

64 bit Delphi IDE
Hi, Delphi XE7 IDE rapidly consume memory when loading and compiling my project several times. 64 bt IDE, pass 1 GB memory boundry is my URGENT NEED. Thanks Tugrul Tugrul Tamturk wrote: > Delphi XE7 IDE rapidly consume memory when loading and compiling my > project several times. > > 64 bt IDE, pass 1 GB memory boundry is my URGENT NEED. IMHO it would be better to fix memory leaks which gobble memory... -- Alex "Alex Belo" <b.a.v@inbox.ru> wrote in message news:725618@forums.embarcadero.com... > Tugrul Tamturk wrote: > >>...

Win32 program: Delphi 7 vs Delphi XE5

HELP! Trying to Complie old Delphi program on any version of Delphi
Hey everyone I'm new to the programming world and unfortunately I have come across a big problem that I will hope I can get some help with. I have a program that was apparently created using delphi 3 and then finished using delphi 4 with some additional parts added later. I have found copies of amost every version of delphi ever made and installed them on my pc and attempted to compile this program in question. Unfortuantely I have yet to get it to compile without a few thousand error messages and I am st uck between a rock and a hard place. I know very little of Delphi programming, let a...

Help with Delphi IDE Help
I'm using D2007, and avoid using the Help for two reasons: 1) it takes FOREVER for the help system to come up; I can perform a web search and have the answer before the Help system has even loaded; and 2) there is a huge amount of information in the Help system that is irrelevant to Delphi. I know that one can filter out the non-Delphi information, but sometimes too much is filtered out. In Delphi 7, the Help came up quickly, and was reasonably useful. Is the D2007 Help system really that bad, or am I missing something here? jon bondy wrote: > I'm using D2007, and av...

.EXE is almost twice a big in Delphi 2010 compared to Delphi 7?
While migrating from Delphi 7, I have a program whose .exe is about 18 megs in Delphi 7, but in Delphi 2010, it's about 35 megs. Is this in line with what others have seen, or am I missing some switch? I'm configuring the "Release" Build Configuration. And I'm right-clicking on "Release" in the Project Manager and selecting Build. I haven't been able to find any addition project options to bring this number down: Current Configuration: Emit RTTI: False Debug info: False Map file: Off Include Remote debug symbols: {$WEAKLINKRTTI ON} ...

Delphi 2009 Pro on Vista 64 Ultimate
Has anyone tried this? Any problems? Thank you. Brad Bonhomme wrote: > Has anyone tried this? Any problems? > > Thank you. We test on this platform, and other than the usual caveats about installing as an administrator on Vista, it should be fine. -- Nick Hodges Delphi Product Manager - Embarcadero http://blogs.codegear.com/nickhodges ...

Windows 7 - 64 bits
Hello! I know that this is probably not a Delphi issue, but I ask, just in case... perhaps someone had a similar problem... I use D2007, Firebird 2.5 and IBX components, and ClientDatasets (I know IBX doesn't support FB, but I just use it in a very simple way, so there's no problem with that - I think) A customer of mine has this problem: Using Windows 7 64 bits, when he deletes a record in a table the PC hungs completely. The mouse, the keyboard... everything. He has to turn the PC off. I'm sorry I have not more details about the problem. The question is: is t...

Does anyone know if Delphi 8 Pro Upgrade (HDB1380WWCS181) contains Delphi 7?
Hello Delphi Community, Does anyone know if Delphi 8 Pro Upgrade (HDB1380WWCS181) contains Delphi 7? Thank you, Dean Atteberry. Dean Atteberry wrote: > Does anyone know if Delphi 8 Pro Upgrade (HDB1380WWCS181) contains Delphi 7? Unlikely - my Delphi 8 Architect Upgrade did not. Eric > {quote:title=Dean Atteberry wrote:}{quote} > Does anyone know if Delphi 8 Pro Upgrade (HDB1380WWCS181) contains Delphi 7? It did when it was originally released (actually, Delphi 7.1). I don't know if it still does, however. (The only reason we bought Delphi 8 was that we n...

Delphi 7 to Delphi XE2

Web resources about - Delphi 7 pro on Vista 64 bit - cant find program yourProgram.exe help! - embarcadero.delphi.ide

News Store
The pay TV operators are busy positioning themselves for July 1 when their channels will start running advertising - and jockeying for the big ...

Aniomagic Store - etextiles kits - sparkle
Sparkle is an etextiles kit that you program from your web browser.

Re: A Trio of Historical Recollections
... 1.0 wascompleted. This was an interpreted Pascal application for the Mac.You could see your code in one window, and the output of yourprogram ...

Exceptions in Java
Article describing a the idiomatic way to implement the observer pattern in Java.

Terms of Service
Updated:Â August 09, 2013 BING OFFERS CARD-LINKEDPROGRAM TERMS OF USE These terms of use (" Terms ") are a contract betweenyou and Microsoft ...

Gunther Schuller Interviews with Bruce Duffie . . . . .
Gunther (Alexander) Schuller isa significant American composer, conductor, and music educator. He wasof a musical family; his paternal grandfather ...

Coderloop Frequently Asked Questions - Coderloop, the awesome coders community
... solving hard puzzles with real code. Watch out for the first line of your executable file. Since all the submissions are executed as “./yourprogram”, ...

My coding practices in 1991
I wrote this in 1991, when I was writing Amiga and Atari ST games for Ocean Software in Manchester, UK. I think at the time I was working on ...

C++ Tutorial - Introduction to C++ - Cprogramming.com
A beginner's guide to learning C++ - answers questions about C++, basic programming, and how to think about programming.

EXE Format
Maximum number of paragraphs of additional memory. Normally, theOS reserves all the remaining conventional memory for yourprogram, but you can ...