Delphi 7 IDE

Anyone know where I might go to get some information on a nasty "Debug process already running" message in Delphi 7 IDE?
I can't compile any of my D7 projects. I uninstalled and reinstalled D7 but the same message pops up.
XE3 is not affected by whatever is happening. All my XE3 programs compile and run fine.

Are there any D7 forums left out there?
My google search on the problem has yielded nothing useful.
0
Don

On which OS?

Delphi 7 works very well under Vista/Seven/Eight if you install it not in C:\Program files (the default) but in a dedicated folder (I use C:\Progs) - due to the UAC introduced with Vista.
See http://stackoverflow.com/a/7570822/458259
Or desactivate the UAC but I do not think it is a good idea.
0
Arnaud
9/8/2013 11:46:47 AM
Thanks for the reply. The OS is Windows 7.

It had been working fine for a year and even two days ago... then all of a sudden the error message appeared.
I haven't installed anything new since it last worked, which is why it's so puzzling.

I'll try your suggestion and uninstall it and reinstall it under a dedicated folder to see it that helps.

Cheers
Don

> {quote:title=Arnaud BOUCHEZ wrote:}{quote}
> On which OS?
>
> Delphi 7 works very well under Vista/Seven/Eight if you install it not in C:\Program files (the default) but in a dedicated folder (I use C:\Progs) - due to the UAC introduced with Vista.
> See http://stackoverflow.com/a/7570822/458259
> Or desactivate the UAC but I do not think it is a good idea.
0
Don
9/8/2013 4:56:10 PM
Don Walsh schrieb:
> Thanks for the reply. The OS is Windows 7.
>
> It had been working fine for a year and even two days ago... then all of a sudden the error message appeared.
> I haven't installed anything new since it last worked, which is why it's so puzzling.

Did a Windows update happen in between?
Can you roll back to a previous system restore point?

DoDi
0
Hans
9/9/2013 4:56:56 AM
Now that's something I never thought of... excellent suggestion... thanks

> {quote:title=Hans-Peter Diettrich wrote:}{quote}
> Don Walsh schrieb:
> > Thanks for the reply. The OS is Windows 7.
> >
> > It had been working fine for a year and even two days ago... then all of a sudden the error message appeared.
> > I haven't installed anything new since it last worked, which is why it's so puzzling.
>
> Did a Windows update happen in between?
> Can you roll back to a previous system restore point?
>
> DoDi
0
Don

VS ide / delphi ide key map

Delphi 7 IDE Win 7 Mouse Wheel Scroll Issue
I've just upgrade from XP Pro to Win 7 64. After installing Delphi 7 I've run into a problem with the mouse wheel when I'm working in a unit. When I attempt to scroll the IDE moves to the first line of the unit and at that point the mouse wheel seems frozen, i.e. nothing happens if I attempt to move it forward or backwards - suspect it just keeps moving to the first line. I've tried a Logitech mouse and a Microsoft Mouse with both exhibiting the same behavior. Scroll wheel for both mice scrolled correctly in other Win 7 programs such as notepad and windows explorer. Mouse...

Delphi 7 IDE
I've got some big files loaded and bunch of other things going on in the IDE. Delphi32.exe gets up pass the 600-650mb usage and I eventually get a "Out of Memory" Error within the IDE itself. Is there a reason the IDE can't use more memory than that? While newer Delphi IDE's can go to the 2gb range? Some plugin does have a memory leak, but nothing I can do about it.. but once it gets to the 600mb+ range the IDE starts to error out with the Out of Memory message. If could get to say 2gb of mem usage, i could go alot longer before the message crops up. > {q...

Delphi 2006 vs Delphi 2009 IDE stability

Hi, I wonder which is more programmer friendly. Especially for syntax highlighting and fast code writting, viewing.. Thanks.. Mehmet Fide wrote: > Hi, > > I wonder which is more programmer friendly. Especially for syntax > highlighting and fast code writting, viewing.. > > > Thanks.. See "RAD Studio 2010 vs. Visual Studio 2010" in non-technical group. -- Warm Regards, Lee ...

Delphi IDEs
Is it possible to write applications for Android and touch sensitive screens with Delphi XE4 or later versions of Delphi? Is it possible to write applications for Windows 8 and touch sensitive screens with Delphi XE4 and later versions of Delphi? Pier Pier wrote: > Is it possible to write applications for Android and touch sensitive > screens with Delphi XE4 or later versions of Delphi? iOS support was added in XE4. Android support was added in Delphi XE5. > Is it possible to write applications for Windows 8 and touch sensitive > screens with Delphi XE4 an...

Delphi 2007 to Delphi 7

Delphi 7 to Delphi XE2

Delphi 7 to Delphi XE

Label color not showing in IDE Delphi XE6-7
I have a strange issue that has arisen when I converted my Delphi 7 application to Delphi XE 6. The conversion was actually quite painless considering I am jumping about 10 release versions. However, I noticed that once I got my application up and running in Delphi XE6, my panel and label colors seemed to have disappeared in the IDE and runtime. I played around and did something that managed to get the colors back. However, that was a few months ago and I wasn't quite ready to deploy the converted application. Since then I modified my Delphi 7 application using Conditionals to make ...

Delphi 7 IDE + Win 8.1 = Slow?
Just moved to a new laptop with Win 8.1 64bit from a Win 7 64bit system. Delphi 7 loaded and working fine on compiling and running my big ugly program. I do have D7 loading in XP Sp3 compatibility mode (and have tried not having it) and the problem I get is when I run the program from the IDE, it takes a HUUUUUGE performance hit. I think its a debugger issue, as MadExcept 3 times now has kicked on with an IDE issue, and the Disasm takes me to TDebugger.... If something takes 3 seconds normally.. is now taking 10 seconds. If I run the .exe itself speed is perfectly fine and runs...

Web resources about - Delphi 7 IDE - embarcadero.delphi.ide