Delphi 2010 Minimize IDE on Run

I've been a Delphi person for many years, but have just leapt from Delphi 7 to Delphi 2010. Still in the "it's hopefully here somewhere" phase, so forgive the newbie question.  How do I set so that the IDE minimizes when I run the project?
0
Lodge

> {quote:title=Lodge Consultancy Proprietor wrote:}{quote}
> I've been a Delphi person for many years, but have just leapt from Delphi 7 to Delphi 2010. Still in the "it's hopefully here somewhere" phase, so forgive the newbie question.  How do I set so that the IDE minimizes when I run the project?

Tools > Options > Environment Option> see right panel 'Running > Minimize on run'
0
Christophe
7/27/2010 7:07:07 AM
> {quote:title=Christophe Ravaut wrote:}{quote}
> > {quote:title=Lodge Consultancy Proprietor wrote:}{quote}
> > I've been a Delphi person for many years, but have just leapt from Delphi 7 to Delphi 2010. Still in the "it's hopefully here somewhere" phase, so forgive the newbie question.  How do I set so that the IDE minimizes when I run the project?
>

> Tools > Options > Environment Option> see right panel 'Running > Minimize on run'

Hi Christophe, Many thanks for your reply. I must have looked at that form 100 times and not seen the option!!  I think I need a new pair of glasses!
0
Lodge
7/27/2010 8:43:38 AM
> {quote:title=Lodge Consultancy Proprietor wrote:}{quote}
> > {quote:title=Christophe Ravaut wrote:}{quote}
> > > {quote:title=Lodge Consultancy Proprietor wrote:}{quote}
> > > I've been a Delphi person for many years, but have just leapt from Delphi 7 to Delphi 2010. Still in the "it's hopefully here somewhere" phase, so forgive the newbie question.  How do I set so that the IDE minimizes when I run the project?
> >

> > Tools > Options > Environment Option> see right panel 'Running > Minimize on run'
>
> Hi Christophe, Many thanks for your reply. I must have looked at that form 100 times and not seen the option!!  I think I need a new pair of glasses!

In delphi2010 you have IDE Insight  Ctrl+;
Then type 'minimize ..' , you would see without a pair of glasses :-)

Edited by: Christophe Ravaut on Jul 27, 2010 12:17 PM
0
Christophe

Hi, I wonder which is more programmer friendly. Especially for syntax highlighting and fast code writting, viewing.. Thanks.. Mehmet Fide wrote: > Hi, > > I wonder which is more programmer friendly. Especially for syntax > highlighting and fast code writting, viewing.. > > > Thanks.. See "RAD Studio 2010 vs. Visual Studio 2010" in non-technical group. -- Warm Regards, Lee ...

HTMLHelpViewer causing crash on close when run through IDE (Delphi 2010)
I have a problem adding the HTMLHelpViewer unit to my project. This was a conversion from Delphi 6, where a different unit was used to implement the HTMLHelp. Converting to Delphi 2010, I've removed the old unit and added HTMLHelpViewer to the project and the help pings up great when you hit F1. But....when running through the IDE, windows 7 reports that the application has stopped working (details below). I've tracked down the problem I'm having to the SoftShutDown call of THTMLHelpViewer called through finalization. If I exclude the HTMLHelpViewer unit from the project then I...

VS ide / delphi ide key map

Delphi 2010 IDE icons
Under my components, most of the icons have corrupted to the generic building block icon (3 shapes) instead of the component's usual icon. Any fix for this? Thanks. Charles Collins wrote: > Under my components, most of the icons have corrupted to the generic > building block icon (3 shapes) instead of the component's usual icon. > > Any fix for this? I'm not sure if I understand the issue, anyway most icon props. don't show up for me if I start the IDE with switch -nocache. -- Arno Garrels Hello Arno, > Charles Collins wrote: > ...

Delphi 2006 vs Delphi 2009 IDE stability

Delphi IDEs
Is it possible to write applications for Android and touch sensitive screens with Delphi XE4 or later versions of Delphi? Is it possible to write applications for Windows 8 and touch sensitive screens with Delphi XE4 and later versions of Delphi? Pier Pier wrote: > Is it possible to write applications for Android and touch sensitive > screens with Delphi XE4 or later versions of Delphi? iOS support was added in XE4. Android support was added in Delphi XE5. > Is it possible to write applications for Windows 8 and touch sensitive > screens with Delphi XE4 an...

Delphi IDE running on Linux / WINE
Hi, I have recently retested the Delphi IDE on WINE and was surprised that it actually worked (there are issues however). Since I'd really like to use Delphi outside a VM on my Linux system, I decided to invest some time into this and have now become the official maintainer of Delphi in the WINE appdb: https://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=application&iId=42 Any other test results are welcome, I'm going to test all the Delphi versions I have access to in the near future. So far I know that Delphi XE3 and Delphi XE7 work. The installation is not straigh...

connecting to a db in delphi 2010 ide
i am new to delphi and am using the 2010 delphi...by using the ide, how do i connect to a firebird db..i have opened the data explorer and expanded the FBCONNECTION.. how do i go about from here please? my goal for now is to connect to a fb db and bind a textbox thanks helloise helloise smit wrote: > i am new to delphi and am using the 2010 delphi...by > using the ide, how do i connect to a firebird db..i have > opened the data explorer and expanded the FBCONNECTION.. Right click the FBCONNECTION node and choose Modify Connection from the context menu. Enter the path...

Running Delphi IDE inside virtual container?
Hello! Does anybody have experience running the Delphi IDE in ThinApp or Cameyo? (Please note: This is not the same as VM) http://www.vmware.com/products/thinapp http://www.cameyo.com/ ...

Delphi IDE running on Linux using WINE
Hi, I have recently retested the Delphi IDE on WINE and was surprised that it actually worked (there are issues however). Since I'd really like to use Delphi outside a VM on my Linux system, I decided to invest some time into this. I have now become the official maintainer of Delphi in the WINE appdb: https://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=application&iId=42 Any other test results are welcome, I'm going to test all the Delphi versions I have access to in the near future. So far I know that Delphi XE3 and Delphi XE7 work. The installation is not strai...

Forgot how to run Delphi 10 IDE Debugger
I'm getting back to running Delphi 10 and seem to have forgotten how to run the IDE debugger. My program builds properly. When I try to "run" the program under the debugger, I can set a breakpoint. When the program stops at that breakpoint, however, the "step over", "trace into", etc. commands are grayed out and are not operative. I suspect that this has something to do with Delphi Compiler Project Options I have set up, but I'm not sure if this is the problem. Run | Run, or Press F9 to debug the active project. There is no product called Delphi...

Delphi XE2 IDE
All of a sudden, a program I'm running in the XE2 IDE starts minimized down in the tray rather than on the screen. I want to have it like it used to be (not start minimized). I can't figure out how to do it. I've tried deleting the .dsk file, but that didn't help. How can I do it? On Thu, 2 Feb 2012 20:38:57 -0800, Jud McCranie <j.mccranie@comcast.net> wrote: >All of a sudden, a program I'm running in the XE2 IDE starts minimized >down in the tray rather than on the screen. And it does not behave this way on other projects. On Thu, 2 Feb 201...

Opendialog crashes while running in IDE (delphi 2007)
Opendialog has started crashing while running in IDE. A new app with just a button and an opendialog will do it. It works fine when running the app outside the IDE. The old style dialog box is displayed. The crash always happens if I click the dropdown, which causes a bunch of DLLs to be loaded. I have done a complete scan with Bitdefender but it found nothing. The event log shows a string of errors like this: Debug Output: *** EXCEPTION *** Exception Information: Code = 0xC0000005 Address = 0x00000000 Exception caught at: File = ptstrwide.c Line = 2098 Process TestDialogBug...

Web resources about - Delphi 2010 Minimize IDE on Run - embarcadero.delphi.ide

Case Study: Kixeye teams up with Salesforce to maximize Facebook ad power, minimize costs
Kixeye , makers of popular Facebook games like Backyard Monsters and Battle Pirates, deployed Salesforce’s Social.com to manage its growing volume ...

How to Minimize Concussion Damage, Talk by Dr. Jeffrey Kutcher - YouTube
Dr. Kutcher, M.D., is director of the Michigan NeuroSport Program. He spoke at Play Smart: Injury Prevention on and off the Field, a 2011 National ...

Toronto ‘bundling’ construction projects to minimize congestion
The city said it is investing more than $550 million this year to maintain and improve roads, expressways and bridges, as well as sewers and ...

Military to minimize flight delays during drill
Military to minimize flight delays during drill People's Daily Online "It's the first time that so many troops and so much weaponry have been ...

Public security authorities look to minimize terror attacks
Public security authorities look to minimize terror attacks

Abercrombie Minimizes Logos, Embraces Social Media
After years of resisting pressure to ditch Abercrombie & Fitch Co.'s outdated strategy, CEO Mike Jeffries is relenting. In a rare interview ...

Study looks at best way to minimize backsplash while peeing
4 physicists studied peeing patterns in order to determine the cause of, and how to minimize, backsplash. .

Apple's patented GUI compensates for iPhone motion, minimizes errant touches
Apple on Tuesday was awarded an interesting patent describing a graphical user interface that offers a solution to inadvertent input errors users ...

Is it common to minimize JavaScript usage when building a website?
Stack Exchange This Q&A is part of a weekly series of posts highlighting common questions encountered by technophiles and answered by users ...

Maximizing Runway Can Minimize Success
Runway is the amount of time you have until you run out of cash. Or until you raise another round. Or until you can get the business self su ...