delphi 2010 IDE shows wrong line number in the message window

Hello
when I open concrete projects the error insign mark with red incorrect areas of the screen. Also when I compile It error message are shown. but the line number displayed in the message window points to a wrong line in the code window. how do i correct this problem?

Regards,

Francis
0
Utf

> {quote:title=Francisco J Ruiz Nu?ez wrote:}{quote}
> Hello
> when I open concrete projects the error insign mark with red incorrect areas of the screen. Also when I compile It error message are shown. but the line number displayed in the message window points to a wrong line in the code window. how do i correct this problem?

This is usually caused by mismatched line ending characters. The IDE expects CRLF (#13#10) pairs at the end of each line.

You can usually fix it by closing the file in the IDE and opening it with another text editor (like Notepad.exe). Make a minor change (eg., add and then remove a space or blank line) and then save the file. You should be able to open the file now in the IDE and all should be well.

If this doesn't fix it, though, it's possible you have multiple versions of the source file on your machine, and that the IDE is seeing one while the background compiler used by Error Insight is somehow seeing a different one. Search for other copies of your source file on your machine and make sure that the IDE only has one version in it's view (Search Path/Library Path/Browsing Path in Project|Options and Tools|Options dialogs).
0
Ken
10/7/2009 5:43:12 PM
Ken White wrote:

> like Notepad.exe)

Notepad.exe doesn't work because it doesn't convert the LF to CRLF.
Wordpad works and many other editors, but not Notepad.exe

--
Regards,

Andreas Hausladen
0
Andreas
10/7/2009 6:06:33 PM
> {quote:title=Andreas Hausladen wrote:}{quote}
> Notepad.exe doesn't work because it doesn't convert the LF to CRLF.
> Wordpad works and many other editors, but not Notepad.exe

Andreas, thanks for the correction. I actually use Notepad2 in place of Notepad, and it does fix them. I wasn't aware that plain old Notepad wouldn't.
0
Ken
10/7/2009 6:14:44 PM

> Notepad.exe doesn't work because it doesn't convert the LF to CRLF.
> Wordpad works and many other editors, but not Notepad.exe

Grhhhhh! I was trying with notepad, Thank you very much solved.
0
Utf
10/7/2009 6:20:43 PM
On Wed, 07 Oct 2009 18:43:12 +0100, Ken White  wrote:

> This is usually caused by mismatched line ending characters. The IDE
> expects CRLF (#13#10) pairs at the end of each line.
>
> You can usually fix it by closing the file in the IDE and opening it
> with another text editor (like Notepad.exe). Make a minor change (eg.,
> add and then remove a space or blank line) and then save the file. You
> should be able to open the file now in the IDE and all should be well.

Which begs the questions:

* Why hasn't the Editor been fixed yet so that its outputs conform to the
Debugger's input requirements?

and/or

* Why hasn't the Debugger been fixed yet to handle non-standard line
endings?

--
Paul Scott
Information Management Systems

Hi, I wonder which is more programmer friendly. Especially for syntax highlighting and fast code writting, viewing.. Thanks.. Mehmet Fide wrote: > Hi, > > I wonder which is more programmer friendly. Especially for syntax > highlighting and fast code writting, viewing.. > > > Thanks.. See "RAD Studio 2010 vs. Visual Studio 2010" in non-technical group. -- Warm Regards, Lee ...

Annoying window on IDE on debug desktop(Delphi 2010)
Hi, When I change my IDE desktop(with a loaded project) from default to Debug, a window is displayed at the top left of the IDE for about 1/4 of a second and then hides, I have tried to track down this window(Messages, Tool Palette, etc...) with no success , because is annoying the effect of just show and hide this window every time I debug an app. Anybody else have seen these behavior? Thanks in advance, Omar Zelaya > {quote:title=Omar Edgardo Zelaya Medrano wrote:}{quote} > When I change my IDE desktop(with a loaded project) from default to Debug, a > windo...

VS ide / delphi ide key map

Delphi 2010 IDE icons
Under my components, most of the icons have corrupted to the generic building block icon (3 shapes) instead of the component's usual icon. Any fix for this? Thanks. Charles Collins wrote: > Under my components, most of the icons have corrupted to the generic > building block icon (3 shapes) instead of the component's usual icon. > > Any fix for this? I'm not sure if I understand the issue, anyway most icon props. don't show up for me if I start the IDE with switch -nocache. -- Arno Garrels Hello Arno, > Charles Collins wrote: > ...

Delphi 2006 vs Delphi 2009 IDE stability

Delphi 2010 Minimize IDE on Run
I've been a Delphi person for many years, but have just leapt from Delphi 7 to Delphi 2010. Still in the "it's hopefully here somewhere" phase, so forgive the newbie question. How do I set so that the IDE minimizes when I run the project? > {quote:title=Lodge Consultancy Proprietor wrote:}{quote} > I've been a Delphi person for many years, but have just leapt from Delphi 7 to Delphi 2010. Still in the "it's hopefully here somewhere" phase, so forgive the newbie question. How do I set so that the IDE minimizes when I run the project? Tools &...

Delphi IDEs
Is it possible to write applications for Android and touch sensitive screens with Delphi XE4 or later versions of Delphi? Is it possible to write applications for Windows 8 and touch sensitive screens with Delphi XE4 and later versions of Delphi? Pier Pier wrote: > Is it possible to write applications for Android and touch sensitive > screens with Delphi XE4 or later versions of Delphi? iOS support was added in XE4. Android support was added in Delphi XE5. > Is it possible to write applications for Windows 8 and touch sensitive > screens with Delphi XE4 an...

multiple edit windows in delphi ide
Hi All, Like most developers I have a wide screen monitor and would like to keep two edtors open side by side. You can click New Edit Window and open files and adjust windows so the two files are side by side but it's tedious each time I open delphi. What I'd like to have is 1) Dockable edit windows so I can dock them side by side 2) Delphi remember the windows settngs when I open the project so it opens the two windows where I was before. Is there any way to do this? tia, Dave David Ninnes wrote: > Hi All, > > Like most developers I have a wide screen ...

connecting to a db in delphi 2010 ide
i am new to delphi and am using the 2010 delphi...by using the ide, how do i connect to a firebird db..i have opened the data explorer and expanded the FBCONNECTION.. how do i go about from here please? my goal for now is to connect to a fb db and bind a textbox thanks helloise helloise smit wrote: > i am new to delphi and am using the 2010 delphi...by > using the ide, how do i connect to a firebird db..i have > opened the data explorer and expanded the FBCONNECTION.. Right click the FBCONNECTION node and choose Modify Connection from the context menu. Enter the path...

Help Delphi 2010 IDE
This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --JivePart=_3d58a.zeB8CwDOH5aMJzMl Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Utf-8" See delphi.documentation thread with same subject. -- Cesar Romero http://www.cesarromero.com.br --JivePart=_3d58a.zeB8CwDOH5aMJzMl Content-Type: image/png; name="Delphi2010HelpError.png" Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64 Content-Disposition: attachment; filename="Delphi2010HelpError.png" iVBORw0KGgoAAAANSUhEUgAAAcEAAAEuCAIAA...

Delphi 2010 Prof.
This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --JivePart=_4a613.zeB8CwDOH5aMJzMl Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Utf-8" --JivePart=_4a613.zeB8CwDOH5aMJzMl Content-Type: image/jpeg; name="delphi_toolbar_problem.jpg" Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64 Content-Disposition: attachment; filename="delphi_toolbar_problem.jpg" /9j/4AAQSkZJRgABAQEAYABgAAD/7QAcUGhvdG9zaG9wIDMuMAA4QklNBAQAAAAAAAD/2wBDAAIB AQEBAQIBAQECAgICAgQDAgICAgUEBAMEBgUGBgYFBgYGBwkIBgcJBwYG...

Delphi XE2 IDE dies without any message
I have a Delphi project with a number of forms using objects from SourceForge Orpheus VCL. It has been working fine for very long time until tonight when suddenly XE2 IDE dies completely without any message when I scroll down in Object Inspector for one of the Orpheus edit fields. Other edit fields of the same type works fine, and I've compared the entries in the form .dfm file and I can't see anything odd about the failing ones. Anyone who has a clue on how to debug this? And how come that XE2 IDE just dies without the slightest information on what is wrong? Regards Mats, | A...

Web resources about - delphi 2010 IDE shows wrong line number in the message window - embarcadero.delphi.ide

Message - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A message is a discrete unit of communication intended by the source for consumption by some recipient or group of recipients. A message may ...

Walmart Crushes Holiday Video Views, but One Bona Fide Spiritual Message Gets Through Too
What goes viral during the holidays? A compilation of the most popular holiday-themed videos on social media according to Visible Measures includes ...

All LA schools shut down over message sent from 8chan’s e-mail host, cock.li
(credit: Ken Conley ) The " credible " threat that caused the Los Angeles Unified School District (LAUSD) to close all schools on Tuesday was ...

How to respond to text messages without touching your iPhone or Android phone
Whether you're driving a car, washing the dishes or simply too lazy to pick up your phone and type, there are times when you'd prefer to listen ...

FBI: San Bernardino shooters used "private messages"
The government is still investigating how the female shooter's radicalization went undetected by authorities

Brazil court orders phone companies to block WhatsApp message app
RIO DE JANEIRO, Dec 16- A Brazilian court on Wednesday ordered telecommunications providers to block all access to the WhatsApp phone-messaging ...

President Obama calls again for tech help to spot terrorist messages
On Friday, President Obama repeated the need to bring high-tech leaders together with law enforcement and intelligence officials to better spot ...

San Bernardino shooter posted jihadi Facebook message in 2012: How should FBI respond? (+video)
The FBI weighs new social media monitoring protocols amid the realization that one of the San Bernardino shooters sent Facebook messages promoting ...

Khloe Kardashian Shares Sweet Message to Her 'One and Only' Rob Kardashian: 'I'll Forever Be Obsessed ...
Khloe Kardashian Shares Sweet Message to Her 'One and Only' Rob Kardashian: 'I'll Forever Be Obsessed With You'

"Take it or leave it": What Message Are You Really Sending?
Most negotiators believe that without power they will be unable to secure the best deal; but translating power into value is not a given or even ...