Delphi 2010 IDE icons

Under my components, most of the icons have corrupted to the generic building
block icon (3 shapes) instead of the component's usual icon.

Any fix for this?

Thanks.
0
Charles

Charles Collins wrote:
> Under my components, most of the icons have corrupted to the generic
> building block icon (3 shapes) instead of the component's usual icon.
>
> Any fix for this?

I'm not sure if I understand the issue, anyway most icon props. don't show
up for me if I start the IDE with switch -nocache.

--
Arno Garrels
0

> Charles Collins wrote:
>
>> Under my components, most of the icons have corrupted to the generic
>> building block icon (3 shapes) instead of the component's usual icon.
>>
>> Any fix for this?
>>
> I'm not sure if I understand the issue, anyway most icon props. don't
> show up for me if I start the IDE with switch -nocache.

In the component pallet the groups (Standard / Additional / Fast Reports
/ eDocEngine / etc) list the components with an icon representation.  The
hint displays the component name when you pause over it.  All of the icons
are now showing as a blue square, red triangle and yellow circle instead
of the icons created during installation for several of the groups now.
0
Charles
9/14/2010 7:14:57 PM
Charles Collins wrote:
> Hello Arno,
>
>> Charles Collins wrote:
>>
>>> Under my components, most of the icons have corrupted to the generic
>>> building block icon (3 shapes) instead of the component's usual
>>> icon.
>>>
>>> Any fix for this?
>>>
>> I'm not sure if I understand the issue, anyway most icon props. don't
>> show up for me if I start the IDE with switch -nocache.
>>

> In the component pallet the groups (Standard / Additional / Fast
> Reports / eDocEngine / etc) list the components with an icon
> representation.  The hint displays the component name when you pause
> over it.  All of the icons are now showing as a blue square, red
> triangle and yellow circle instead of the icons created during
> installation for several of the groups now.

Try starting the IDE with the -nocache switch, it might be a cache issue.

--
Arno Garrels
0

> Try starting the IDE with the -nocache switch, it might be a cache
> issue.

Thanks, but that doesn't seem to be the root problem.  I still have the circle/triangle/square
icons in FastReports / FastScript and PDF Toolkit though.  I thought it might
be the developers release, but they have good icons under Delphi 7 and Delphi
2009.
0
Charles
9/15/2010 4:24:05 PM
On Tue, 14 Sep 2010 11:41:42 -0700, Charles Collins
<ccol@houstonyellowcab.com> wrote:

>Under my components, most of the icons have corrupted to the generic building
>block icon (3 shapes) instead of the component's usual icon.
>
>Any fix for this?

I just installed RAD Studio XE and it has the same problem!

I changed the layout to Classic Undocked (only way to actually see the
components palette) and now I see that the icons for the standard tab
and a few more are there but with new appearance.
But starting from BDE (the 10th tab) ALL component icons are just this
stupid collection of colored square-circle-triangle!!!

Notice that I have installed off of the Internet download installer,
which retrieved what must be the very latest versions of everything.
Still this problem appears.

I have been on Delphi7 for many years and I don't like the docked IDE
of the new "Studio" one bit so I want to use the Classic Undocked IDE.

--

Bo Berglund
Developer in Sweden

> Try starting the IDE with the -nocache switch, it might be a cache
> issue.

D'ooh!!!!  Dyslexia strikes again.  I looked at it a dozen times, but today
I see I put in -nochace instead of -nocache.

After correcting the spelling, the icons are now fixed.

Thanks, Arno.  Us old geezers sometimes read what we think, not what we see.
0
Charles
9/16/2010 2:56:44 PM
Bo Berglund wrote:

> I just installed RAD Studio XE and it has the same problem!
>
> I changed the layout to Classic Undocked (only way to actually see the
> components palette)

When using the Default (docked) layout you can rightclick in the
toolbar and select Component to display the Component toolbar.

> and now I see that the icons for the standard tab
> and a few more are there but with new appearance.
> But starting from BDE (the 10th tab) ALL component icons are just this
> stupid collection of colored square-circle-triangle!!!

I don't see that here in my RAD Studio XE and I'm also using the
Classic undocked layout.

> Notice that I have installed off of the Internet download installer,
> which retrieved what must be the very latest versions of everything.
> Still this problem appears.

Did you try the -nocache option to see if that fixes it for you?

> I have been on Delphi7 for many years and I don't like the docked IDE
> of the new "Studio" one bit so I want to use the Classic Undocked IDE.

That and the floating designer ;)

--
Pieter

"I could not possibly fail to disagree with you less."
0
Pieter
9/16/2010 9:22:58 PM
On 9/16/2010 7:56 AM, Charles Collins wrote:

> After correcting the spelling, the icons are now fixed.

If there is some set of steps to reproduce the issue with the icons I'd
like to investigate and fix it.   Did you run into this with just the
default install or had you installed additional component libraries?

The package and icon caches are stored in the registry under:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Embarcadero\BDS\8.0\Package Cache

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Embarcadero\BDS\8.0\Palette\Cache

If you can delete these keys, restart the IDE, and see if you can make
the problem reappear that would be helpful.

I should also mention that after deleting the keys, you have to restart
the IDE 2 times as the first restart simply re-populates the cache but
doesn't use it.

Thanks,

Mark
0
Mark

Hi, I wonder which is more programmer friendly. Especially for syntax highlighting and fast code writting, viewing.. Thanks.. Mehmet Fide wrote: > Hi, > > I wonder which is more programmer friendly. Especially for syntax > highlighting and fast code writting, viewing.. > > > Thanks.. See "RAD Studio 2010 vs. Visual Studio 2010" in non-technical group. -- Warm Regards, Lee ...

VS ide / delphi ide key map

Change icon after migrating from Delphi 6 to Delphi 2010
I have an old project I am moving to Delphi 2010. I have attempted to change the icon for this project by setting the Application icon in the Project Options. After building the project, the exe file shows the new icon. However, when I create a shortcut to my application, the icon is the old Delphi lightning bolt icon. I have tried to get rid of the old icon by completely deleting the RES file and letting Delphi create a new RES file but that didn't change anything. I know I am missing something but I can't seem to find it. Help! RG Robert Gutierrez wrote: > I have a...

Delphi 2006 vs Delphi 2009 IDE stability

Delphi IDEs
Is it possible to write applications for Android and touch sensitive screens with Delphi XE4 or later versions of Delphi? Is it possible to write applications for Windows 8 and touch sensitive screens with Delphi XE4 and later versions of Delphi? Pier Pier wrote: > Is it possible to write applications for Android and touch sensitive > screens with Delphi XE4 or later versions of Delphi? iOS support was added in XE4. Android support was added in Delphi XE5. > Is it possible to write applications for Windows 8 and touch sensitive > screens with Delphi XE4 an...

Delphi 2010 Minimize IDE on Run
I've been a Delphi person for many years, but have just leapt from Delphi 7 to Delphi 2010. Still in the "it's hopefully here somewhere" phase, so forgive the newbie question. How do I set so that the IDE minimizes when I run the project? > {quote:title=Lodge Consultancy Proprietor wrote:}{quote} > I've been a Delphi person for many years, but have just leapt from Delphi 7 to Delphi 2010. Still in the "it's hopefully here somewhere" phase, so forgive the newbie question. How do I set so that the IDE minimizes when I run the project? Tools &...

Icons in Delphi IDE have gone white..
Hi Guys, It seems that the unused/inactive icons in my D2007 IDE have gone white/blank but the shapes are still there. Any suggestions as to where to look or what to do to fix this? Regards & TIA, Ian -- ...

connecting to a db in delphi 2010 ide
i am new to delphi and am using the 2010 delphi...by using the ide, how do i connect to a firebird db..i have opened the data explorer and expanded the FBCONNECTION.. how do i go about from here please? my goal for now is to connect to a fb db and bind a textbox thanks helloise helloise smit wrote: > i am new to delphi and am using the 2010 delphi...by > using the ide, how do i connect to a firebird db..i have > opened the data explorer and expanded the FBCONNECTION.. Right click the FBCONNECTION node and choose Modify Connection from the context menu. Enter the path...

Delphi 2010 Prof.
This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --JivePart=_4a613.zeB8CwDOH5aMJzMl Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Utf-8" --JivePart=_4a613.zeB8CwDOH5aMJzMl Content-Type: image/jpeg; name="delphi_toolbar_problem.jpg" Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64 Content-Disposition: attachment; filename="delphi_toolbar_problem.jpg" /9j/4AAQSkZJRgABAQEAYABgAAD/7QAcUGhvdG9zaG9wIDMuMAA4QklNBAQAAAAAAAD/2wBDAAIB AQEBAQIBAQECAgICAgQDAgICAgUEBAMEBgUGBgYFBgYGBwkIBgcJBwYG...

Help Delphi 2010 IDE
This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --JivePart=_3d58a.zeB8CwDOH5aMJzMl Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Utf-8" See delphi.documentation thread with same subject. -- Cesar Romero http://www.cesarromero.com.br --JivePart=_3d58a.zeB8CwDOH5aMJzMl Content-Type: image/png; name="Delphi2010HelpError.png" Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64 Content-Disposition: attachment; filename="Delphi2010HelpError.png" iVBORw0KGgoAAAANSUhEUgAAAcEAAAEuCAIAA...

Delphi XE / Delphi 2010

from delphi 6 to delphi 2010

Web resources about - Delphi 2010 IDE icons - embarcadero.delphi.ide