Delphi 2010 - Can't open any projects/units anymore

Hello,

suddenly, I can't open any projects/units etc. in Delphi 2010 anymore.

While I can open favourite projects, opening something from the file
system, e.g. an existing project or adding an existing unit to an open
project etc. ends up in showing an hour-glass cursor.

Anybody seen this before?

I'm using Windows 7 Prof., Delphi 2010 Prof. all updates applied.

Thanks,
Thomas
0
Thomas

> suddenly, I can't open any projects/units etc. in Delphi 2010 anymore.
>
> While I can open favourite projects, opening something from the file
> system, e.g. an existing project or adding an existing unit to an open
> project etc. ends up in showing an hour-glass cursor.
>
> Anybody seen this before?

EurekaLog 7.0.5 seems to play guilty here. Uninstalled EL and now
everything is back to normal.

Regards,
Thomas
0
Thomas

Delphi 2010 and Delphi XE5 shuts down when opening projects
Over the last week I have found it increasingly difficult to open projects. Even really simple projects, some more complex. For example if start Delphi 2010 Enterprise Edition. I see the list of recently opened projects. I then click on a simple existing project, I get a hour glass for about a second and then Delphi IDE has gone. In the windows task manager, there are now no applications running. I have not changed the installation, being using Delphi 2010 enterprise on the same computer for a few years. I'm not a full time developer, but do internal development of our compa...

Delphi 2010 and Delphi XE5 shuts down when opening projects
Over the last week I have found it increasingly difficult to open projects. Even really simple projects, some more complex. For example if start Delphi 2010 Enterprise Edition. I see the list of recently opened projects. I then click on a simple existing project, I get a hour glass for about a second and then Delphi IDE has gone. In the windows task manager, there are now no applications running. I have not changed the installation, being using Delphi 2010 enterprise on the same computer for a few years. I'm not a full time developer, but do internal development of our compa...

CB2007: Code Insight doesn't work if irrelevant unit with the same name as unit in project is opened in IDE
Hi all. CB2007. If I open in IDE some unit irrelevant to current project (unit from my old project) and the project has a unit with the same name opened in IDE then Code Insight silently stops to work in all files of the project. Could anybody check this issue in XE3? (to create QC report if the issue is still exists in latest version) -- Alex Most likely this issue is not "some irrelevant file opened" problem. Code Insight can simply stop working at any moment without visible reason ... :( -- Alex ...

D2007
Hi Guys, I have needed to re-install D2007 to rescue an old project. I have re-installed the necessary component libraries and the old 'Tools'...GExperts, Castalia, DDevExtensions, etc. The issue I have is per the subject. When I put my cursor over the project name the 'javascritpOpenFileLink(.......) function appears, but on clicking the file, nothing happens. I can open the project via the 'File|Reopen' route, but would rather getthe Recently Opened Projects mode working again. I know I saw/had this issue a long while agao but I can find no reference ...

Delphi 2010 Won't Show Welcome Page at Startup Anymore
I have all my settings set to AutoSave, and for a month or so after installing D2010, it would open with the Welcome Page open, showing all my recent projects, etc. All of a sudden it started opening with "EditWindow_0" in the caption, and a gray area. I can manually open the Welcome Page. But I'm getting tired of doing it every time. Is there some registry setting or other I can set to get it back at startup? Loren sZendre On 10/31/2009 4:17 PM, Loren Szendre wrote: > All of a sudden it started opening with "EditWindow_0" in the caption, > a...

Delphi 2009 <ctrl>-Click on UnitName or frmName doesn't open the Unit.pas [Edit]
Hello, Something annoying I (don't) get in Delphi 2009 is that if I <ctrl> click in a unit on an other unitname (like a unit name in the "uses") or a formName var in the code the IDE is not opening this Unit form me. So if I have in MyForm this: uses FEmployee; or frmEmployee:=TfrmEmployee.Create.. and I <ctrl>-click on FEmployee or TfrmEmployee, normally this action will open in the IDE the FEmployee.pas. very handy, but in Delphi 2009 it doesn't do this anymore. (only a wait cursor is coming and after while nothing) Maybe it's a checkbox I...

delphi 2010 memory not released when closing delphi project
each time im runing delphi 2010 the memory that was used was not release after closing a project and the memory don't stop to grow and the browsing for file becoming slow any idea ? Thanks Pierre Auger wrote: > each time im runing delphi 2010 the memory that was used was not > release after closing a project and the memory don't stop to grow and > the browsing for file becoming slow > > any idea ? You are using some 3rd-party components that do not properly release memory in their design-time packages would be my guess. A design-time package stays l...

Delphi needs this: Designtime 'tasks' panes in MS Visual Web Developer 2008 [picture]
This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --JivePart=_8bd4.zeB8CwDOH5aMJzMl Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Utf-8" --JivePart=_8bd4.zeB8CwDOH5aMJzMl Content-Type: image/jpeg; name="WeNeedThis.jpg" Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64 Content-Disposition: attachment; filename="WeNeedThis.jpg" iVBORw0KGgoAAAANSUhEUgAAARcAAAEaCAYAAAA7TRMKAAAABHNCSVQICAgIfAhkiAAAAAlwSFlz AAAL1wAAC9cBJXXS8AAAABl0RVh0U29mdHdhcmUAd3d3Lmlua3NjYXBlLm9yZ5vuPBoAACAASURB VHic...

Delphi XE / Delphi 2010

from delphi 6 to delphi 2010

BDE Aliases don't appear in Delphi 2010.
I am trialling Delphi 2010 with a view to moving to it from Delphi 6 but cannot see my BDE database aliases in the TDatabase object. The BDE version in 5.0.1. Any ideas? Thanks. Richard. Richard Cooke wrote: > I am trialling Delphi 2010 with a view to moving to it from Delphi 6 > but cannot see my BDE database aliases in the TDatabase object. The > BDE version in 5.0.1. Any ideas? My first suggestion would be to ask this question in one of the technical groups. This is the non-technical group, but the technical groups are visited by people that specifically there to answer...

Delphi 2010 Now takes 3 minutes to Open IDE
Hi, I have been using Delphi 2010 in Win 7 64 bit Ultimate for 6 moths or more. All the sudden it now takes 3 minutes before the IDE is opened. All the runtime packages load then it sits spinning. I se 50% utilization on my dual core macbine. I unistalled all updates since June 1 (it was running sometime in June) no help. I uninstalled Delphi 2010 and deleted old directories. Re-installed using Run As Administrator. No help. I think something must have come in as an update to something and changed my Win7 system. Before I do a scorched earth format down to bare metal does anyon...

Delphi 6 IDE, Open Project does not sort the file name
Hi, I am using Delphi 6 IDE on Windows XP, when I open the project it does not sort the file names by alphabatic, I Click on "View Menu-- Detail -- click on Name" . When I go back to open project, it goes back to its normal sorting... Where do I need to make change, so everytime I open open project it will open in alphabatic order. Any help will be highly apprecaited! Thanks. Sam > {quote:title=samir patel wrote:}{quote} > Hi, > > I am using Delphi 6 IDE on Windows XP, when I open the project it does not sort the file names by alphabatic, > I ...

Delphi 6 - project opens
I have a large project that opens with no IDE visible. Until today, everything was fine. Have removed the Delphi32.dsk file. No change. Have reinstalled Delphi - no change. It appears the IDE settings for the project are held somewhere. But I can't find them. All that displays is the application's file list. No forms, no code, no object inspector. The Alt keys still work. But that's it. I started up another project with the same name (overwrote the previous version). Same problem. So the data about that project is definitely somewhere. I've had a good look on ...

Web resources about - Delphi 2010 - Can't open any projects/units anymore - embarcadero.delphi.ide