Delphi 2009 IDE - "Value cannot be null, Parameter name: key"

Hi all,

I just installed Delphi 2009 on to my Windows 7 laptop. I have several license keys for this, and am installing off of their CD. The installation finished, and the product is registered/activated, but when I try to run it an error pops up saying "Value cannot be null. Parameter name: key". It sounds like the key didn't save or it didn't install properly.

Does anyone know why this is happening or how to fix it? I'm running it as administrator, too.

Ryan

Same problem!
1
John
4/14/2010 5:29:45 PM
> {quote:title=Ryan Cole wrote:}{quote}
> Hi all,
>
> I just installed Delphi 2009 on to my Windows 7 laptop. I have several license keys for this, and am installing off of their CD. The installation finished, and the product is registered/activated, but when I try to run it an error pops up saying "Value cannot be null. Parameter name: key". It sounds like the key didn't save or it didn't install properly.
>
> Does anyone know why this is happening or how to fix it? I'm running it as administrator, too.

We had this error too. After installing all updates the error automatically went away - there's a 'Check for Updates' option in the CodeGear RAD Studio 2009 Start menu group that will download and install the updates for you.

--
Girish Patil
Gnostice Information Technologies

VS ide / delphi ide key map

Delphi 2006 vs Delphi 2009 IDE stability

DBExpress passing null value to storedprocedure parameter in Delphi 2009 [Edit]
I am using delphi 2009 and trying to insert the record into database using the sql stored procedure but sql storedprocedure is inserting NULL into the database. My delphi code and sql storedprocedure is given below. Please tell me what i am missing *SQL Store Procedure:* CREATE PROCEDURE p_Main ( @CMUserPassword nvarchar(255) ) AS BEGIN INSERT INTO Revision_History (CMPassword,TDS,Application,Description) VALUES (@CMUserPassword,GETDATE(),'LicenseType' + '.' + 'SystemVersion','Database created. Upgrade = ') END *D...

DBExpress not passing value to InputOutput parameter values in Delphi 2009
I cannot get dbexpress to pass a values into a stored procedure where the parameter type is ptInputOutput in Delphi from RAD Studio 2009. I have SET NOCOUNT ON. The code is: procedure TfrmTestDBX.btnUpdClick(Sender: TObject); begin with sqlspUpd do begin Active := False; Prepared := true; Params[0].Value := StrToInt(txtId.Text); Params[1].Value := StrToInt(txtLockNum.Text); Params[2].Value := txtTitle.Text; ExecProc; txtLockNum.Text := Params[1].AsString; end; ListTestDBX; end; This generates the following SQL that is passed to SQL Serv...

Delphi 2009 IDE
Hello, Delphi 2009 IDE is flickering a lot ... Why ? (Vista x64, ATI Radeon 4850, Core 2 Due 2.4 Ghz) Examples: 1) Moving toolbars 2) Scrolling Tool Palette with Mouse wheel Thank you -- Charalabos Michael - [Creation Power] - http://www.creationpower.gr ...

IDE crash with Delphi 2009
Hi, I recently bought Delphi 2009 and tried upgrading a rather big project. However, the IDE completely disappears every time I try to compile. After a few hours of debugging I found the offensive code and noticed there is already a QC for it: http://qc.codegear.com/wc/qcmain.aspx?d=66966 However, such a huge bug has not made it into SP1. This is really a show stopper for me, as I can't compile my program; finding all the instances of my code that crash the compiler would take me a really long time which I do not want to invest, as I hope this bug will eventually get fixed. ...

Delphi 2009 error starting IDE
Hi all, When I try to start my D2009 I always get the same error. "Stream read error" I've already tried to reinstall using the administrator account, doesn't work. Thanks all > {quote:title=Hendrik Declercq wrote:}{quote} > Hi all, > > When I try to start my D2009 I always get the same error. > > "Stream read error" > > I've already tried to reinstall using the administrator account, doesn't work. > > Thanks all Have you installed D2009 alongside another version of Delphi. Or on a system that has h...

Delphi 2009 IDE: Synchronize Deadlock
Hi, my MDI application uses threads with synchronized parts. It works fine with D2007 (XP and Vista) and also with D2009 (XP). If I run my programm without IDE, there are no problems either. But when I start the programm within the IDE (D2009 - Vista), it stops when it wants to step in the first synchronized procedure. What could be the reason for this deadlock? (I´ve installed Update #3 and #4 allready) > {quote:title=Manfred Pfeiffer wrote:}{quote} > Hi, > > my MDI application uses threads with synchronized parts. It works fine with D2007 (XP and Vista) and al...

Hi, I wonder which is more programmer friendly. Especially for syntax highlighting and fast code writting, viewing.. Thanks.. Mehmet Fide wrote: > Hi, > > I wonder which is more programmer friendly. Especially for syntax > highlighting and fast code writting, viewing.. > > > Thanks.. See "RAD Studio 2010 vs. Visual Studio 2010" in non-technical group. -- Warm Regards, Lee ...

Delphi IDEs
Is it possible to write applications for Android and touch sensitive screens with Delphi XE4 or later versions of Delphi? Is it possible to write applications for Windows 8 and touch sensitive screens with Delphi XE4 and later versions of Delphi? Pier Pier wrote: > Is it possible to write applications for Android and touch sensitive > screens with Delphi XE4 or later versions of Delphi? iOS support was added in XE4. Android support was added in Delphi XE5. > Is it possible to write applications for Windows 8 and touch sensitive > screens with Delphi XE4 an...

Delphi 2009 IDE errors
I go to Build or Compile and get an error [DCC Error] E2161 Error: RLINK32: Error opening file "FilenameHere.dfm" It is becuase a file in my USES clause in not open or part of my project. If I open the file first it will compile. (Once it compiles I can close the fileand it still compiles until I exit Delphi 2009) OR If I add the file to my project it will compile. This is a shared unit I do *not* want to include in my project. This worked fine in Delphi 6 and I think in Delphi 2007(although I did not test this exact case to know for sure) The path to the file is in Tools, Op...

Delphi 2009 IDE corrupts project file?
I did a build and maybe an install on a Delphi project that is not a design time project. The units in the project have disappear twice now after building the project. I let Delphi convert the project instead of creating a new project and adding the units. Has anyone else had project corruption problems with Delphi 2009? Larry Griffiths ...

Delphi 2009 IDE crashes on exception EParseError
I have installed Delphi 2009 on a Windows XP machine and got latest updates Very often (became impossible to work !) the IDE silently crashed when I was just browsing a source code. I ran a second IDE instance to debug the other one, and could catch this when the first crashed : "The bds.exe project has raised the exception class EParseError with message ")' expected but FUNCTION found'" This looks to be a bug in the IDE : it does not handled that exception for some obscure reason. I succeeded to continue to work with it, disabling some options but that's only a...

Delphi 5 To Delphi 2009

Delphi 4 to Delphi 2009

DBExpress not setting InputOutput parameter values in Delphi 2009
I cannot get dbexpress to set the values passed into parameters that are ptInputOutput in Delphi from RAD Studio 2009. I have cut out everything that is not necessary and just have the bare bones running for this test. The code is: type txtLockNum: TEdit; spUpdSystemUser: TSQLStoredProc; … with spUpdSystemUser do begin Active := False; Params[0].AsInteger := 3477; Params[1].AsInteger := StrToInt(txtLockNum.Text); Params[2].AsBoolean := True; Params[3].AsString := 'A-Test3'; Params[4].AsString := 'A-Test3'; Params[5].AsSt...

Delphi 2009 -> IDE is very slow with large projects...
Hello all, I've been a delphi user since delphi 1 (or 2 ?) I have build a big project (800 000 line code, 600 units), and I'm using now Delphi 2009... When I'am opening my project it takes 10 minutes to strt up the IDE and being ready .... This is not nice at all ... I do not believe that this Delphi 2009 IDE is not suited for big projets, but only works well with small projects ? Also I have a big unit made of 23 000 line code (yes I know this is not nice either, I plan to split it, but it was not a problem for Dephi 7) ... and the D2009 IDE is extermely slow ... I...

Delphi 2009 app no longer runs from IDE with debugging on
I've got an app that has been running fine for years that all of a sudden will not launch from the IDE anymore unless I select "Run without debugging". I have not made any code changes since the last time it was working correctly. When I select Run, the IDE minimizes normally. My EXE shows up in the Windows Task Manager but there is nothing visible on the screen. Then after about 10 or 15 seconds, the IDE pops back up as if the program was terminated normally. If I run without debugging then all is fine. What should I look for? If I create a new app with just a...

Application object in Delphi 2009 and Structure pane in IDE
Hi, my "old" application from BDS 2006 compiles without errors in D2009, but the IDE shows me in the "structure" pane several errors. All of them are connected with the Application object. Here they are: Form1.Caption := Application.Title; //undeclared identifier AFolder := ExtractFilePath(Application.ExeName); //AFolder is a string // //undeclared identifier Application.ProcessMessages; //undeclared identifier if Application.Terminated then Exit; //expression type must be Boolean Maybe the "structure" pane still has some errors? Code Insight shows fo...

Value cannot be null. Parameter name: value
I've been running the binary release of 0.95 for a week or so without any problems, but today it's started giving errors when visiting a post. See http://graemef.com/blog/archive/2004/01/15/453.aspx for an example (and stack)... Two things I did today: 1. Change the server time zone in my web.config file 2. Set new posts to be unpublished by default I'll have a look and see if I can figure out what's going on, but I won't have time until the weekend so I thought I'd mention it here too :) Cheers, G.Graeme Foster http://graemef.com Just touch (ie, edit something) in yo...

Key cannot be null. Parameter name: key
Hello, I'm getting this error: System.ArgumentNullException: Key cannot be null.Parameter name: keySource Error: An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below. Stack Trace: [ArgumentNullException: Key cannot be null. Parameter name: key] System.Collections.Specialized.HybridDictionary.get_Item(Object key) +128 System.Web.UI.Page.SaveAllState() +954 System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStag...

Value Cannot be null. Parameter name: Key problem on startup [Edit]
Hi, I'm running windows 7 SP1 and have XE4 and 2009 installed, however RS2009 refuses to run giving the error above. I have tried the fix of adding -rfoo to the command line but that makes no difference. I have searched through the forum but can't seem to find anything else other than the command line switch. Anybody offer any help? thanks Trevor Nobody have any ideas how I can fix this? I guess not! So much for rapid application development - thanks Embarcadero! Edited by: Trevor Goldsmith on Sep 19, 2013 9:27 PM Edited by: Trevor Goldsmith on Sep 23, 2...

Delphi 6 IDE, Open Project does not sort the file name
Hi, I am using Delphi 6 IDE on Windows XP, when I open the project it does not sort the file names by alphabatic, I Click on "View Menu-- Detail -- click on Name" . When I go back to open project, it goes back to its normal sorting... Where do I need to make change, so everytime I open open project it will open in alphabatic order. Any help will be highly apprecaited! Thanks. Sam > {quote:title=samir patel wrote:}{quote} > Hi, > > I am using Delphi 6 IDE on Windows XP, when I open the project it does not sort the file names by alphabatic, > I ...