Delphi 2009 IDE errors - Links [Edit]

I go to Build or Compile and get an error
[DCC Error] E2161 Error: RLINK32: Error opening file  "FilenameHere.dfm"
It is becuase a file in my USES clause in not open or part of my project.
If I open the file first it will compile. (Once it compiles I can close the fileand it still compiles until I exit Delphi 2009)
OR If I add the file to my project it will compile.
This is a shared unit I do *not* want to include in my project.
This worked fine in Delphi 6 and I think in Delphi 2007(although I did not test this exact case to know for sure)
The path to the file is in Tools, Options, Library - Win32, Directories, Library Path
So it should be able to locate the file.
I believe this is a bug.  I think it is could be related to the bug of the local project paths not working.
Is there going to be a patch \ update to Delphi 2009 anytime soon?

I also have to click on the tab of a page control to get the correct display.
The default open view for a page control is inncorrect.  This also does not work in Delphi 2007

Great Product just need to get the bugs out in a timely matter.

Larry

Edited by: Larry Wall on Dec 9, 2009 12:01 PM
0
Larry

Delphi 2006 vs Delphi 2009 IDE stability

Delphi 2009 error starting IDE
Hi all, When I try to start my D2009 I always get the same error. "Stream read error" I've already tried to reinstall using the administrator account, doesn't work. Thanks all > {quote:title=Hendrik Declercq wrote:}{quote} > Hi all, > > When I try to start my D2009 I always get the same error. > > "Stream read error" > > I've already tried to reinstall using the administrator account, doesn't work. > > Thanks all Have you installed D2009 alongside another version of Delphi. Or on a system that has h...

Delphi Xe IDE error [Edit]
Hi, Getting the error: "Error in module : Declaration of class T_changeMeBack_s is missing or incorrect" when creating a new project as: New -> Other -> ActiveX Library Then adding New -> Other -> Active Form with the Include about box checked Project is created but the About1.pas file is not visible in the project manager (but a reference to it is found in the uses clause of the created unit and _TLB.pas files Edited by: mark buller on Nov 30, 2012 5:45 PM ...

Delphi XE IDE code parser error ?!? [Edit]
After adding a IdUDPServer to my form and trying to put some code into the OnUDPRead event, I'm not able to add any component to my form at design time, nor can I run the application. here is the error i got: http://i54.tinypic.com/2j5jl0p.jpg i`ve asked about this on StackOverflow and Mike Justin suggested to +remove the +System.+ from +TArray<System.Byte>+ (in the interface and implementation)+, even so then OnUDPRead event doesn`t trigger. To test this i have made a simple app which uses 2 IdUDPServer comps, one to broadcast and one to Listen, works as expected in Delph...

Delphi code thowing errors within IDE (but not in compiled exe) [Edit]
Rad Studio - Delphi 2010 (Windows 7, 64 bit laptop) I started to get some issues with my delphi code not running within my Rad Studio (Delphi) 2010. I have been days trying to figure out why. Working with one installed package after another, trying to decide if it was the culprit or not. After finally uninstalling all packages, and even uninstalling the entire Rad Studio (and re-installing just Rad-Studio), i can't seem to figure what can be causing my Delphi IDE to act as it does. I even cleaned the registry of all things related to my component package a nd Rad Studio (before re-inst...

VS ide / delphi ide key map

Convert Delphi 7 to Delphi 2009 [Edit]

IDE crash with Delphi 2009
Hi, I recently bought Delphi 2009 and tried upgrading a rather big project. However, the IDE completely disappears every time I try to compile. After a few hours of debugging I found the offensive code and noticed there is already a QC for it: http://qc.codegear.com/wc/qcmain.aspx?d=66966 However, such a huge bug has not made it into SP1. This is really a show stopper for me, as I can't compile my program; finding all the instances of my code that crash the compiler would take me a really long time which I do not want to invest, as I hope this bug will eventually get fixed. ...

Delphi 2009 IDE
Hello, Delphi 2009 IDE is flickering a lot ... Why ? (Vista x64, ATI Radeon 4850, Core 2 Due 2.4 Ghz) Examples: 1) Moving toolbars 2) Scrolling Tool Palette with Mouse wheel Thank you -- Charalabos Michael - [Creation Power] - http://www.creationpower.gr ...

Write plugin for Delphi IDE [Edit]
Hi. Is there tutorial how to write plugin for IDE (for example Delphi XE) ? I'd like to write plugin to extend menu strip and context menu (right click mouse menu) to do some actions at editor code. Edited by: Tomasz Maciejewski on Aug 12, 2012 2:52 AM Tomasz Maciejewski wrote: > Hi. Is there tutorial how to write plugin for IDE (for example Delphi > XE) ? Not for XE (where OTA was noticeably expanded) but Experts and Wizards in Delphi http://delphi.about.com/od/objectpascalide/a/wizardsexperts.htm Erik’s Open Tools API FAQ http://www.gexperts.org/open-tools-api-...

Delphi IDEs
Is it possible to write applications for Android and touch sensitive screens with Delphi XE4 or later versions of Delphi? Is it possible to write applications for Windows 8 and touch sensitive screens with Delphi XE4 and later versions of Delphi? Pier Pier wrote: > Is it possible to write applications for Android and touch sensitive > screens with Delphi XE4 or later versions of Delphi? iOS support was added in XE4. Android support was added in Delphi XE5. > Is it possible to write applications for Windows 8 and touch sensitive > screens with Delphi XE4 an...

Delphi 2009 IDE: Synchronize Deadlock
Hi, my MDI application uses threads with synchronized parts. It works fine with D2007 (XP and Vista) and also with D2009 (XP). If I run my programm without IDE, there are no problems either. But when I start the programm within the IDE (D2009 - Vista), it stops when it wants to step in the first synchronized procedure. What could be the reason for this deadlock? (I´ve installed Update #3 and #4 allready) > {quote:title=Manfred Pfeiffer wrote:}{quote} > Hi, > > my MDI application uses threads with synchronized parts. It works fine with D2007 (XP and Vista) and al...

Hi, I wonder which is more programmer friendly. Especially for syntax highlighting and fast code writting, viewing.. Thanks.. Mehmet Fide wrote: > Hi, > > I wonder which is more programmer friendly. Especially for syntax > highlighting and fast code writting, viewing.. > > > Thanks.. See "RAD Studio 2010 vs. Visual Studio 2010" in non-technical group. -- Warm Regards, Lee ...

multiple edit windows in delphi ide
Hi All, Like most developers I have a wide screen monitor and would like to keep two edtors open side by side. You can click New Edit Window and open files and adjust windows so the two files are side by side but it's tedious each time I open delphi. What I'd like to have is 1) Dockable edit windows so I can dock them side by side 2) Delphi remember the windows settngs when I open the project so it opens the two windows where I was before. Is there any way to do this? tia, Dave David Ninnes wrote: > Hi All, > > Like most developers I have a wide screen ...

Web resources about - Delphi 2009 IDE errors - Links [Edit] - embarcadero.delphi.ide