Delphi 2007 hints and warnings are end up all warnings

Hi:

In Delphi 2007, all hints and warnings are end up all warnings.

If I have 5 hints and 5 warnings after compiled, it will show 10 warnings in
message panel with [DCC Warning], no hints at all.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Roland
0
Roland

Roland Zhang wrote:

> Hi:
>
> In Delphi 2007, all hints and warnings are end up all warnings.
>
> If I have 5 hints and 5 warnings after compiled, it will show 10
> warnings in message panel with [DCC Warning], no hints at all.
>
> Any suggestions are appreciated.
>
> Roland

I think there is a switch in the settings somewhere that allows you to
treat hints as more severe, cannot find it at the moment, sorry.

--
Peter Below (TeamB)
use the newsgroup archives :
Peter Below wrote:
> Roland Zhang wrote:
>> In Delphi 2007, all hints and warnings are end up all warnings.
>
> I think there is a switch in the settings somewhere that allows you to
> treat hints as more severe, cannot find it at the moment, sorry.

This is a problem I've been having ever since switching to D2007 from
D7. There isn't a switch for it as far as I've been able to find,
although I'd love to hear if I'm just missing it.

It's not a particularly new problem, either. See also:
http://bdnqc.borland.com/wc/qcmain.aspx?d=44476

-Mike
0
Mike
2/2/2009 7:05:01 PM
Roland Zhang wrote:

> If I have 5 hints and 5 warnings after compiled, it will show 10
> warnings in message panel with [DCC Warning], no hints at all.

I've never notice this since I tend to fix all hints and warnings
before they cause any real problems.  It appears to me that the
compiler options "Show hints" and "Show warnings" are ignored.

I did notice an interesting thing in the "Output" window - as opposed
to the "Build" window. It says things like "Hint warning" and "Warning
warning".  My guess is that the code that parses those messages is
getting confused since both hints and warning have the word warning in
them.  All hints have Hxxxx where xxxx is the hint number and all
warnings have Wxxxx both in the output window and the build window.

--
-Mike (TeamB)
0

I am now using output panel to check Warning warnings.

Roland

"Mike Williams (TeamB)" <mlwi!!iams@gmail!.com> wrote in message
> Roland Zhang wrote:
>
>> If I have 5 hints and 5 warnings after compiled, it will show 10
>> warnings in message panel with [DCC Warning], no hints at all.
>
> I've never notice this since I tend to fix all hints and warnings
> before they cause any real problems.  It appears to me that the
> compiler options "Show hints" and "Show warnings" are ignored.
>
> I did notice an interesting thing in the "Output" window - as opposed
> to the "Build" window. It says things like "Hint warning" and "Warning
> warning".  My guess is that the code that parses those messages is
> getting confused since both hints and warning have the word warning in
> them.  All hints have Hxxxx where xxxx is the hint number and all
> warnings have Wxxxx both in the output window and the build window.
>
> --
> -Mike (TeamB)
0
Roland

Delphi 2007
I have two issues that I can't seem to find a solution to. 1) When I compile, it lists the total number of warnings in my solution (great). If I then fix one warning, and hit compile/build, all the warnings are gone! How do I get the list of warnings to stay persistent? 2) When refocusing the window (bring another window infront of delphi, then click back to delphi) all the contents in the bottom portion of the editor are blank. I have to click and drag the text in the window for it to paint properly, and if I'm in UI design mode, I have to flip to the code editor, drag some...

Delphi 2007 to Delphi 7

Delphi 4 to Delphi 2007

Missing tooltips/hints in Delphi 2007 IDE and Application
Hi everybody, In Delphi 2007, I am missing toolip hints. When I try to debug it also doesn't show me the tooltips when I hover above variables. At runtime, buttons and other components do not show the hint text. Of course, the hint property is filled and showhint is True. I am having this problem for a while now, so restarting delphi / rebooting system is not the sollution. Does anybody have a suggestion maybe?? Kind regards, Roger Hoen Roger Hoen wrote: > Hi everybody, > > In Delphi 2007, I am missing toolip hints. When I try to debug it > also doe...

Migrate from Delphi 2007 to Delphi 2010

Delphi 2009 alongside Delphi 2007

Moving from Delphi 7 to Delphi 2007
Is there any compelling reason to move (quite a large project) from Delphi 7 to Delphi 2007? Specifically, is there better Vista/Win7/Win8 integration provided by Delphi 2007? (In the project I am already using a custom manifest file for Vista/Win7 etc.. and not the std XPMan component) Does 2007 add any new bugs to the scene? Thanks Rael Rael wrote: > Is there any compelling reason to move (quite a large project) from > Delphi 7 to Delphi 2007? If you are going to upgrade, why not upgrade to something newer? > In the project I am already using a custom man...

Delphi 2007 RTL in Delphi 7

is there a Delphi 2007

Delphi 2010 w Delphi 2007

Delphi 2007 to Delphi 2009 Conversion

Code Porting
Hi people, Basically, I am moving an app from Delphi 5 to Delphi 2009 which is all great (yeah right!) and I am having a couple of issues with some thirdparty components that we have the source code for. Being that I wanted to make the task as easy as possible, I was able to download the component in Delphi 2007 format. I have now managed to port that to 2009 so it compiles only with warnings and no errors. So all is good at this moment. Now I am trying to install the component into the IDE by using the install menu option from the project manager. This is where I run into errors. ...

Delphi and Delphi for .Net