Debugging running Delphi XE on 64 bit machine

Running on a 64 bit operating system and debugging in Delphi XE the whole
application either freezes or runs very slow.  Anything I should be looking
out for?  Tried reinstalling and no luck.
Wayne

I have this too (freezes during debug) on Windows 7 enterprrise 32 bit.  Put service pack 1 on today - no difference.  Runs a few sessions, then hangs.  Have to ctrl-alt-del and log off - or sometimes it will let me alt-tab to delphi and (white window) click on the red x - then windows says "not responding" and lets me terminate delphi.  Looks like I need to detach, but can't get to that option...
0
Tom

Does Delphi XE run on Windows 8 64 bit?
I recently built a new PC after a mother board failure and now have Windows 8 64 bit in place of Windows 7 32 bit. My Delphi XE (XE1?) is acting very strangely. Does Delphi XE run on Windows 8 64 bit? Norm Norm Carlberg wrote: > Does Delphi XE run on Windows 8 64 bit? I don't see any reason why it wouldn't. If it doesn't, MS hasn't done their job. Nick > {quote:title=Nick Hodges wrote:}{quote} > Norm Carlberg wrote: > > > Does Delphi XE run on Windows 8 64 bit? > > I don't see any reason why it wouldn't. If it doesn&...

Delphi 64 bit / Future Direction of Delphi
I am responding to the various requests for 64 bit and the discussion about the future direction of Delphi. I have a small company - we write software for new and used auto dealerships - sales and finance - coming out with accounting now and parts and service in the next few years. Our customers don't care about 32 bit vs 64 bit, etc. They want me to provide simple and convenient solutions to make their jobs easier. We have stuck with Delphi 5 for many years - I should have upgraded 5 years ago but it did the job. We are now in the early stages of a significant up...

32 bit Delphi Active X Control on 64 Bit machines
I'm using BDS 2006 and created a very simple Active X control ( COM ) ocx file that does nothing but return a string in a property. Placing the control on a .net application that contains a label reflecting the property builds and runs beautifully in 32 bit Windows Vista. Moving the application to Windows 7 64 bit fails. Debugging shows it doesn't even get to initialization. Is it possible to use COM through syswow64? <Steven Davis> wrote in message news:225825@forums.embarcadero.com... > I'm using BDS 2006 and created a very simple Active X control > ( COM ) ...

64 bit Delphi IDE
Hi, Delphi XE7 IDE rapidly consume memory when loading and compiling my project several times. 64 bt IDE, pass 1 GB memory boundry is my URGENT NEED. Thanks Tugrul Tugrul Tamturk wrote: > Delphi XE7 IDE rapidly consume memory when loading and compiling my > project several times. > > 64 bt IDE, pass 1 GB memory boundry is my URGENT NEED. IMHO it would be better to fix memory leaks which gobble memory... -- Alex "Alex Belo" <b.a.v@inbox.ru> wrote in message news:725618@forums.embarcadero.com... > Tugrul Tamturk wrote: > >>...

Running 64 bit console application from a 32 bit Delphi GUI app?
I want to improve the usability of a 64 bit command line program so it can be handled by fairly inexperienced users. For this I need a normal Delphi program to have data specifiers etc, which in the end results in a command file for the console application. This is no big deal. The problem is the following: ------------------------------ 1) Can I start the 64 bit console app in Windows7X64 using the CreateProcess API like I am used to for 32 bit applications? Or are 64 bit programs different? 2) And if that is possible, can I somehow snatch what it sends to standard out (the co...

Delphi XE
Hi, with Delphi XE every time i run a program in the IDE (with oder without Debugger) the executable is locked for a few minutes. In this time i can't recompile my project. I get the error F2039 - cannot open outputfile. The installation is on the same machine as my Delphi 2010 - here it works without any problem (Win 7 Ultimate). No VirusScanner is active and every service who can lock the file is stopped. Has Somebody the same problem or an idea? Thanks Robert I have this on D2010. Each time I run a program I have to build or compile twice because it always f...

Delphi XE
I have seen other questions with this same problem, but still no answer. I'm hoping someone can help. I run my application from with the XE IDE and I get an EOleSysError - 'The system cannot find the path specified'. I can run it in debug or non debug mode. But, I can go out to explorer to the same directory and run that same app outside the IDE and it runs fine. No errors. All of my assemblies are located in the build directory of the application, so I'm not relying on GAC or anything, just directory the executable is in. Is this a known bug with XE and Windows 7 x...

Delphi XE5 debugging 64 bit apps
Hello, I'm trying to debug a VCL application under 64bit target platform on Delphi XE5 Update 2 and Windows 7 64bit. Every time I receive "disconnected session" error as soon as the application start. How can I solve it ? Thank you, Davide ...

Delphi 7 to Delphi XE

Delphi XE / Delphi 2010

Delphi XE2: debugging a 64-bit Excel add-in
Hi all, I'm trying to update a 64-bit Excel add-in to export threadsafe functions. So far the exported functions are registered as not threadsafe. I've run into a problem debugging this add-in. Basically, debugging doesn't work: breakpoints are ignored, F4 has the same effect as F9. Environment: W7 64-bit, Excel 2010 64-bit, XE2 update 4. Target platform Win64, with build configuration Debug. In Project Options, Compiler, Linking I have Debug Information=true and Include remote debug symbols=true as well. Any ideas? Many thanks, Jan Hm, no responses yet. Nobody doin...

Delphi 2009 app no longer runs from IDE with debugging on
I've got an app that has been running fine for years that all of a sudden will not launch from the IDE anymore unless I select "Run without debugging". I have not made any code changes since the last time it was working correctly. When I select Run, the IDE minimizes normally. My EXE shows up in the Windows Task Manager but there is nothing visible on the screen. Then after about 10 or 15 seconds, the IDE pops back up as if the program was terminated normally. If I run without debugging then all is fine. What should I look for? If I create a new app with just a...

Delphi XE: Mac OS X and 64-bit ?
Hello, I read the blog "Delphi XE Launch Paris" of Marco Cantu. Does the launched Delphi XE come with a Mac OS X and 64-bit compiler ? A lot of our clients moved from XP to Mac. From our Mac clients we have hardly any OS questions. Only our Delphi clients are still working on Windows PC's. In July I installed our Delphi app on a Windows 7 server with 4 Virtual PC's. On an XP system it takes 1.5 hours to install. On this W7 system it took 7 hours. Most of the time I spent on waiting for Windows 7 (e.g. hanging Virtual PC's) and calling the hardware supplier/system ...

Web resources about - Debugging running Delphi XE on 64 bit machine - embarcadero.delphi.ide

Debugging - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... here. For the shell command, see debug (command) . For the German magazine, see Debug (magazine) . For the 2014 film, see Debug (film) . Debugging ...

Debugging - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... here. For the shell command, see debug (command) . For the German magazine, see Debug (magazine) . For the 2014 film, see Debug (film) . Debugging ...

The Remote Agent Experiment: Debugging Code from 60 Million Miles Away - YouTube
Google Tech Talk February 14, 2012 Presented by Ron Garret. ABSTRACT The Remote Agent Experiment: Debugging Code from 60 Million Miles Away The ...

Taking the pain out of debugging with live programming
"Everyone knows that debugging is twice as hard as writing a program in the first place," Brian Kernighan once wrote (adding: "So if you're as ...

Microsoft acquires software for debugging Unity games
... Visual Studio's capabilities for game builders, Microsoft is acquiring SyntaxTree, creator of a widely used Visual Studio plug-in for debugging ...

Agile Learning, Debugging and Mikado Method in Methods & Tools Fall 2013 issue
Methods & Tools – the free e-magazine for software developers, testers and project managers – has just published its Fall 2013 issue with the ...

Apple releases Xcode 7.1.1 w/ fixes for critical Interface builder, debugging, and UI testing issues
... of the app, making for an improved developer experience. Apple also says the update fixes “critical issues” in the Interface Builder, debugging, ...

Chrome Beta for Android brings debugging tools to mobile web developers
YouTube link for mobile viewing Chrome Beta for Android brings a lot of cool features for users like you and me, but it also has a handy one ...