Debugging in Delphi XE2 using another Delphi BDS process as host

Hi

I've been using delphi a long time

And I always had the possibility of debbuging Packages using another
Delphi process as host. This is very useful to test the design-time side
of packages.

Now with XE 2 I can whether running with options - Debugger - Host
Application or Attach to process

Any ideas?

Thanks

Plp
0
Pedro

Pedro wrote:

> Now with XE 2 I can whether running with options - Debugger - Host
> Application or Attach to process

What exactly are you having trouble with?  Error messages, unexpected behavior,
etc.

--
Remy Lebeau (TeamB)
0

Thanks for your quick answer

it I run with debugger host, stops debugging almost immediatelly after
start.

If i Attach Process, the attached process stops working.

And this happens with a Clean Delphi, only with Standard Packages.

Nothing of this happens with XE, and had never happened with previous
versions.

To test, just make a design-time (/ runtime) package, set debugger
options and Run. New Delphi process stops, even if the package isnt
installed / registered in Packages.

Could you please make that little test please, to confirm or not if is
something i'm having?

Thanks

Pedro Lopes

Em 27-09-2012 19:05, Remy Lebeau (TeamB) escreveu:
> Pedro wrote:
>
>> Now with XE 2 I can whether running with options - Debugger - Host
>> Application or Attach to process
>
> What exactly are you having trouble with?  Error messages, unexpected behavior,
> etc.
>
> --
> Remy Lebeau (TeamB)

0
Pedro

Web resources about - Debugging in Delphi XE2 using another Delphi BDS process as host - embarcadero.delphi.ide

Debugging - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... here. For the shell command, see debug (command) . For the German magazine, see Debug (magazine) . For the 2014 film, see Debug (film) . Debugging ...

Debugging - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... here. For the shell command, see debug (command) . For the German magazine, see Debug (magazine) . For the 2014 film, see Debug (film) . Debugging ...

The Remote Agent Experiment: Debugging Code from 60 Million Miles Away - YouTube
Google Tech Talk February 14, 2012 Presented by Ron Garret. ABSTRACT The Remote Agent Experiment: Debugging Code from 60 Million Miles Away The ...

Taking the pain out of debugging with live programming
"Everyone knows that debugging is twice as hard as writing a program in the first place," Brian Kernighan once wrote (adding: "So if you're as ...

Microsoft acquires software for debugging Unity games
... Visual Studio's capabilities for game builders, Microsoft is acquiring SyntaxTree, creator of a widely used Visual Studio plug-in for debugging ...

Agile Learning, Debugging and Mikado Method in Methods & Tools Fall 2013 issue
Methods & Tools – the free e-magazine for software developers, testers and project managers – has just published its Fall 2013 issue with the ...

Apple releases Xcode 7.1.1 w/ fixes for critical Interface builder, debugging, and UI testing issues
... of the app, making for an improved developer experience. Apple also says the update fixes “critical issues” in the Interface Builder, debugging, ...

Chrome Beta for Android brings debugging tools to mobile web developers
YouTube link for mobile viewing Chrome Beta for Android brings a lot of cool features for users like you and me, but it also has a handy one ...