Debugging in Delphi XE2 using another Delphi BDS process as host

Hi
I've been using delphi a long time
And I always had the possibility of debbuging Packages using another
Delphi process as host. This is very useful to test the design-time side
of packages.
Now with XE 2 I can whether running with options - Debugger - Host
Application or Attach to process
Any ideas?
Thanks
Plp
0
Pedro
9/27/2012 5:45:43 PM
📁 embarcadero.delphi.ide
📃 3925 articles.
⭐ 0 followers.

💬 2 Replies
👁️‍🗨️ 2580 Views

Pedro wrote:
> Now with XE 2 I can whether running with options - Debugger - Host
> Application or Attach to process
What exactly are you having trouble with?  Error messages, unexpected behavior,
etc.
--
Remy Lebeau (TeamB)
0
Remy
9/27/2012 6:05:44 PM
Hi Remy
Thanks for your quick answer
it I run with debugger host, stops debugging almost immediatelly after
start.
If i Attach Process, the attached process stops working.
And this happens with a Clean Delphi, only with Standard Packages.
Nothing of this happens with XE, and had never happened with previous
versions.
To test, just make a design-time (/ runtime) package, set debugger
options and Run. New Delphi process stops, even if the package isnt
installed / registered in Packages.
Could you please make that little test please, to confirm or not if is
something i'm having?
Thanks
Pedro Lopes

Em 27-09-2012 19:05, Remy Lebeau (TeamB) escreveu:
> Pedro wrote:
>
>> Now with XE 2 I can whether running with options - Debugger - Host
>> Application or Attach to process
>
> What exactly are you having trouble with?  Error messages, unexpected behavior,
> etc.
>
> --
> Remy Lebeau (TeamB)

0