D2007: Change location of editor backup files?

Hi folks:
First -- to CG-ers: ++ on the new forums -- hope they mature well.

My question:  Is there a config setting somewhere to cause editor backup files (all the ones with tildes) to get stored in a subdirectory, rather than cluttering up the same directory as the files they are backing up?

Thanks,

Graham
0
Graham

> {quote:title=Graham Wideman wrote:}

> My question:  Is there a config setting somewhere to cause editor backup files (all the ones with tildes) to get stored in a subdirectory, rather than cluttering up the same directory as the files they are backing up?

As far as I know all of the backup files should be in a folder called __history.  Do you have a folder by that name under your project directory?
0
Mike
8/11/2008 1:15:24 AM
> {quote:title=Mike Williams wrote:}{quote}

> As far as I know all of the backup files should be in a folder called __history.  Do you have a folder by that name under your project directory?

Doh!  My fault -- I was looking at a project that was a originally a Delphi 6 project.  Yes indeed, there's a __history folder, etc etc.  Trying to do too many things at once :-(

OK... problem solved :-)   Thanks for pointing out I was missing something.

Graham
0
Graham

Delphi not responding when changing active file in editor
Hi, I've installed Delphi XE (2011) in a VM to maintain an old project. Every time I switch focus to another open file, the IDE shows "Not Responding" in the title for about 8 seconds, then it comes back to life. Once it is back to life, everything seems to work fine in that unit. Switch to another unit (already opened one or a new file) and it "freezes" again for about 8 seconds. Any idea how I can fix this? It slows down my work massively! I have a quad core i7 with 16GB RAM and my VM's normally run very fast - no difference between them and a nativ...

Delphi not responding when changing active file in editor
Hi, I've installed Delphi XE (2011) in a VM to maintain an old project. Every time I switch focus to another open file, the IDE shows "Not Responding" in the title for about 8 seconds, then it comes back to life. Once it is back to life, everything seems to work fine in that unit. Switch to another unit (already opened one or a new file) and it "freezes" again for about 8 seconds. Any idea how I can fix this? It slows down my work massively! I have a quad core i7 with 16GB RAM and my VM's normally run very fast - no difference between them and a nativ...

IDE gratuitously asks to reload editor files after time change
I had the IDE running with a project loaded. When I came in today and started working, the IDE said the date/time changed on all the modules I had opened in the editor ... which of course they had not changed. What had changed was the switch from daylight to standard time. -Eliot Eliot Frank wrote: > What > had changed was the switch from daylight to standard time. That happens because the IDE uses the FileAge() function that uses local times instead of system times. But I guess that this bug will never be fixed (because it is as designed, because it happens only ...

XE7 / Delphi
If I right-click, say TTouches, in the IDE and select [Find Declaration] I am getting an error, "Unable to locate file FMX.Types.pas". I see similar errors (for FXM.Xxx and VCL.Xxx units) while debugging. How can I fix this? I am SERIOUSLY hoping that I'm not going to have to manually add a series of directories to search paths, or anything like that. NOTE: I installed into d:\dev\xe7 Any help [as always] is much appreciated. Thanks! Based on 2 replies, I started by using the "-rtest" command-line switch. This changed nothing. Then I decided to try th...

Change "File, Open File" default location?
le, Open File" defaults to the users' home directory. I'd like to change it to something else for a user so she doesn't have to click up and down to get to where she needs to be :-) -- * John Oliver http://www.john-oliver.net/ * On 11/17/2006 06:01 PM, John Oliver wrote: > le, Open File" defaults to the users' home directory. I'd like to > change it to something else for a user so she doesn't have to click up > and down to get to where she needs to be :-) > In Firefox 1.5, in the Open File dialog, the...

Ide temp file problem - .$$$ file
Hi i have problem with BDS IDE /Code editor all units i can change and save but one i can not if i have option in Tools->Options->editor options - Crate back up files chcked i get error "Unable to rename 'C:\KarolWin\DMZestawienia.pas' to 'C:\KarolWin\DMZestawienia.pas.~1~' when i uncheck this option i get i get error "Unable to rename 'C:\KarolWin\DMZestawienia.$$$' to 'C:\KarolWin\DMZestawienia.pas' i delete this temp file .$$$ and i delete __history dir and i restart BDS but can not save any changes to this file what c...

Why does Delphi change Indy's dpk source file when I change project options [Edit]
Good day I have noticed that Delphi changes dpk source files for packages after I have changed something in that package's Project Options and in Indy's case it does it incorrectly. Why is that. For example... I open IndySystem170.dpk (Indy 10.6.0.5155) inside Delphi XE3 and get the following DPK source: {code} package IndySystem170; {$R *.res} {$IFDEF IMPLICITBUILDING This IFDEF should not be used by users} {$ALIGN 8} {$ASSERTIONS ON} {$BOOLEVAL OFF} {$DEBUGINFO ON} {$EXTENDEDSYNTAX ON} {$IMPORTEDDATA ON} {$IOCHECKS ON} {$LOCALSYMBOLS ON} {$LONGSTRINGS ON} {...

IDE's Win32 Library path and project's Search Path: Did something change between D2007 and D2007?
Hi guys, I noticed something that Delphi seems to do different between versions 2005/2006 on one side, and 2007/2009 on the other, but I'm not sure whether it's in fact me who's doing something wrong :-). Together with my component library I distribute some example programs that illustrate their use. The installer adds the installation directories of the dcp/dcu directories of my components to the Win32 Library Path in Delphi's options. This worked fine for 2005/2006, in the project options of the example programs I didn't need to specify any of these i...

Bug Report: Core module Documents, "Upload New File" don't display untill File location DropDownList changed
Bug Report: Core module Documents, "Upload New File" don't display untill File location DropDownList changed When a user has "write to folder" Permission to  only one folder the "upload New File" will never display. If the user has two or more folders to write, he still has to select and change the dropdownlist to see the LinkButton! see bellow:(controls don't display after posted!) Select the Url for the Document Link Type: URL ( A Link To An External Resource ) File ( A File On Your Site ) File Location: Root test test/tt File Name: book.gif Upload...

Changing Temp File Location
Hi All, We have a PB8 Application running on SQL Server. Our clients use Citrix to connect to the App remotely. We have noticed that the response time is really slow. After some resarch, we think we have figured out the problem. When the user opens a window, PB creates temp files. And it is trying to write these files on the C:\System\Temp directory of the Server. Because of this, the application slows down. Is there a way to create these files on the C drive of the user? Please help. Thanks. ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsg...

Delphi IDE and .INI files
Hi, I've recently upgraded to Delphi XE and am currently in a process of porting source code from Delphi 7 to XE. One minor irritation that I've run into is that the Delphi XE IDE opens an .ini file that's part of a project as hex. Delphi 7 didn't behave this way -- it simply opened the .ini file as a text file for editing. Is there an option somewhere that I've missed to get Delphi XE to treat .ini files the same way Delphi 7 did? Many thanks, Walter Prins Walter Prins wrote: > Hi, > > I've recently upgraded to Delphi XE and am currently...

Changing the uwl file location
We are using GW8 in a Citrix environment and our users are complaining that when they log off and log back on they lose their custom dictionaries. I'm assuming that it is because the uwl file is being stored locally and not in their user profiles. Where is the setting for the uwl file? TIA -- tezz ------------------------------------------------------------------------ tezz;1868292 Wrote: > We are using GW8 in a Citrix environment and our users are complaining > that when they log off and log back on they lose their custom > dictionaries. I'm a...

CSS file changes not applied in VS2008 until I change the CSS file name
I use an external CSS file where I make some changes. I run my web app in VS2008 and the style remains the same as in the older CSS file. I can see my new settings in the app only if I change the CSS file name (and the link in the web page), If I look in the Manage Styles window in VS, I see the updated version.  I have no other CSS file in my project.          AndreYou take the time to aswer my question, I garantee you I'll mark your post as answered. Hi, you mean in the browser right? If so, open your browser again and when you notice that you ...

An attempt to attach an auto-named database for file (file location).../Database.mdf failed. A database with the same name exists, or specified file cannot be opened, or it is located on UNC share.
Greetings, I have just arrived back into the country (NZ) and back into ASP.NET.  I am having trouble with the following:An attempt to attach an auto-named database for file (file location).../Database.mdf failed. A database with the same name exists, or specified file cannot be opened, or it is located on UNC share. It has only begun since i decided i wanted to use IIS, I realise VWD comes with its own localhost, but since it is only temporary, i wanted a permanent shortcut on my desktop to link to my intranet page.  Anyone have any ideas why i am getting the above error? have...

Web resources about - D2007: Change location of editor backup files? - embarcadero.delphi.ide

List of Massachusetts locations by per capita income - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Just a fortnight after fifth Beijing location, 28th Chinese Apple Store opening on Saturday
... for more breaking coverage of AAPL Company , Apple Store , and china . What do you think? Discuss "Just a fortnight after fifth Beijing location, ...

‘Time’ Shares Most Instagrammed U.S. Locations by State
What were the most Instagrammed locations in all 50 U.S. states in 2015? Time used data from the Facebook-owned photo- and video-sharing network ...

Madrona Venture Groups invests $6M in location awareness startup
The Puget Sound region’s most active venture capital firm just made another multi-million dollar investment in a location awareness startup. ...

The top 20 most Instagrammed locations of 2015
Adding your location to your Instagram photos is a great way to keep track of the places you've traveled. Instagram recently revealed its list ...

Jon Bon Jovi Joins NFL, Bruin Sports Capital and RedBird Capital in On Location Experiences Partnership ...
On Location Experiences (previously NFL On Location), a premium experiential hospitality business jointly owned by RedBird Capital Partners, ...

Faraday Future Factory Location Announced!
... clickbait headlines questioning Tesla’s long-term viability. But not here. We have been into electric [&hellip Faraday Future Factory Location ...

Chipotle Temporarily Closes Boston College Location To Investigate After Nearly 30 Students Become Ill ...
... may be expanding once again: health officials are looking into a connection between the ongoing contamination and a Boston College location ...

Two Dead In Helicopter Crash En Route To MTV Location Shoot In Argentina,
... Aires, according to local news reports. Cause of the accident was under investigation. MTV said the helicopter was headed for a shooting location ...

Bun-Ker's New Location Will Have a Bigger Menu and Cold-Pressed Juices
... food, a cocktail menu inspired by the tropical fruits of Vietnam, and a cold-pressed juice bar. The small kitchen of the current location, whose ...