Code Insight / Code Copletion in Delphi XE2

Hi,

I've just changed to Delphi XE2 Professional. I have been working with D7
for years, did a few Projects with D2007 and Lazarus. All of these use
some form of "Code Insight" - showing a drop down with available
properites or methods for the current object.
When I start to type the propertie's name the list opens. In D7, 2007,
Lazarus the first Item in the list is automatically selected, so if I just
type a separator (space, return, :, ; etc), the selected symbol is
inserted.
In XE2 I have to actively select a symbol from the list and confirm it
with return or mouse click. If I just type return without selecting an
entry, the list is just closed. If I select an Item and press e.g. ";",
the list is closed and the ; is placed directly after the one or two
letters I've typed.
This is very annoying, especially because I'm used to the behavior,
previous versions of Delphi used.

Is there a way to change this - maybe I just missed some option?

Thanks,
Lutz
0
Lutz

....found it myself:

in the Code Insight options the option "Programmierhilfe -> Automatisch
aufrufen" (must be something like "programming help -> call
automatically") must be DEACTIVATED. Otherwise none of the shown options
is selected or pasted automatically.

Am 06.06.2012, 15:16 Uhr, schrieb Lutz Kutscher
<administrator@grenzhandel.dk>:

> Hi,
>
> I've just changed to Delphi XE2 Professional. I have been working with D7
> for years, did a few Projects with D2007 and Lazarus. All of these use
> some form of "Code Insight" - showing a drop down with available
> properites or methods for the current object.
> When I start to type the propertie's name the list opens. In D7, 2007,
> Lazarus the first Item in the list is automatically selected, so if I
> just
> type a separator (space, return, :, ; etc), the selected symbol is
> inserted.
> In XE2 I have to actively select a symbol from the list and confirm it
> with return or mouse click. If I just type return without selecting an
> entry, the list is just closed. If I select an Item and press e.g. ";",
> the list is closed and the ; is placed directly after the one or two
> letters I've typed.
> This is very annoying, especially because I'm used to the behavior,
> previous versions of Delphi used.
>
> Is there a way to change this - maybe I just missed some option?
>
> Thanks,
> Lutz
0
Lutz

converting delphi 2007 code to delphi XE2 -- emptyparam problem
Hi, I am trying to convert my applicantion code from delphi 2007 to delphi XE2 and i got stuck in this error "[DCC Error] ADODB_TLB.pas(4888): E2033 Types of actual and formal var parameters must be identical". This happens when we use emptyparam as an argument in a function that wants an olevariant. Example: function TAcadDatabase.CopyObjects(Objects: OleVariant): OleVariant; begin Result := DefaultInterface.CopyObjects(Objects, EmptyParam, EmptyParam); //this is where we get the ERROR end; The coyobjects function as this signature: " function CopyObjects(Object...

Transferring Delphi 5 BDE code to Delphi 2006 Nexus Embedded server code
In an application where I have used BDE in Delphi 5 I would like to transfer the whole project to Nexus Embedded server that in general implies mostly exchanging tTable with tnxTable etc. But, in a procedure I regenerate indexes using dbiRegenIndexes(basehandler). This function seems not to be supported anymore, so I just wonder if such a call is needed at all in Nexus Embedded Server, and if needed, what is now the correct syntax ?? I don't know the answer to your question but if you can't find answers here you may like to know that nexus db have there own free newsgr...

delphi 2006 code in delphi 2010

C++ code to Delphi 7 code
I need the following C++ code convert to Delphi 7 struct FixError { AnsiString section; //Registry section name AnsiString value_name; //Value Name AnsiString value; //Value Data error_reason er; //Error Reason AnsiString file_name; //IF the error reason is system_file (only config_files section) type_of_fix tof; //What shall we do with this error (Delete it OR Leave it) AnsiString uninst_reg_path; //Not used ??? /* Here we are telling the compiler that if someone is comparing the contents of this structure using the != operator then it should com...

converting delphi code to delphi .NET
Hi,I'm looking at converting quite a bit of old delphi code to delphi .NET .  I'm wondering can it be converted to VB.NET for certain ?  Or perhaps there are some unsupported functions etc in delphi and I should keep the code delphi ?  There are about 10,000 lines of code.   Anyone brave enough to take an estimate on how long it would take to convert 10,000 lines ?is going from delphi to delphi.NET smooth ?   Would going to another language cause complications ?Thanks! mike123   Mike123,   Sorry I can not help, however, I have the s...

Convert C code to Delphi code? Pls!
I am writing Excel Add-In XLL in Delphi. I read documents for making XLL in VC++ from Microsoft [http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa730920.aspx] I am converting C code to Delphi code to make XLL in Delphi IDE. I converted it but may be errors? Somebody help me to correct it please! [CODE] //C++ typedef INT32 BOOL; /* Boolean */ typedef WCHAR XCHAR; /* Wide Character */ typedef INT32 RW; /* XL 12 Row */ typedef INT32 COL; /* XL 12 Column */ [B]//DELPHI[/B] type INT32 = Integer; BOOL= INT32; //* Boolean */ XCHAR= WideChar ; //* Wid...

IDE Code Insight (Code Completion) Failure..
Hi all, I've been playing with the IDE and changing colours and stuff.. Anyway. I must have changed something because now code completion doesn't work. If I start the IDE with -rfoo then it works but when I don't it's back to stonily refusing to hint/complete or anything. The first question is - why is it doing this and is there something I can look at to fix it (Code Insight is all turned on - everything is ticked and I've even tried every combination of every tick box) and the second thing is that if the IDE is confused and the IDE config is corrupt then is it po...

Java opens the word code into Delphi code
//Android gets a used to open the Excel files in intent public static Intent getExcelFileIntent( String param ){ Intent intent = new Intent("android.intent.action.VIEW"); intent.addCategory("android.intent.category.DEFAULT"); intent.addFlags(Intent.FLAG_ACTIVITY_NEW_TASK); Uri uri = Uri.fromFile(new File(param )); intent.setDataAndType(uri, "application/vnd.ms-excel"); return intent; } //Android gets a used to open the Word files in intent ...

Code Porting
Hi people, Basically, I am moving an app from Delphi 5 to Delphi 2009 which is all great (yeah right!) and I am having a couple of issues with some thirdparty components that we have the source code for. Being that I wanted to make the task as easy as possible, I was able to download the component in Delphi 2007 format. I have now managed to port that to 2009 so it compiles only with warnings and no errors. So all is good at this moment. Now I am trying to install the component into the IDE by using the install menu option from the project manager. This is where I run into errors. ...

Delphi XE Code Insight
Hi Everyone, I have been a Delphi developer since Delphi 1 days. I have always enjoyed all of the IDE features including all 3rd party software plug ins. I now find myself extremely frustrated and angered at the Delphi XE IDE code insight feature. Is is just me or does anyone else using XE have the same problem? I previous versions of Delphi: Type anything. Code insight displays a list of any scope object method. Press the '.' and the IDE completes the code and closes the code insight window automatically. EG: Type btnIm and press '.' In previous version of Delp...

Delphi IDE Code Formatter
Hi All. This thing continues to drive me crazy ;) : it is since the IDE of XE2 that I can't really use the integrated code formatter tool. Why it continues to break lines of code like these from for I := 0 to 4 do MyObj.mymethod(i); to for I := 0 to 4 do MyObj.mymethod(i); ? I know.., but for me it's a matter of taste, and not only: which is the option I have to turn off to avoid this breaking rule to be applied to my code? Thanks. Marco ...

[Delphi 2007] Fake code-errors in Code-Editor
Hi, I'm facing following problem: sometimes (w/o visible reason) IDE marks portions of my unit's code as erroneous (mostly "undeclared identifier" in "structure" window) despite code is OK. It's enough to delete one empty line from the code and everything backs to normal. Of course despite of error messages code compiles sucessfully. Anyone faced such behaviour ? My version is 11.0.2902.10471 wirh dec 2007 update installed ,OS is XP SP3 Thanks in advance Mati. Mateusz Kaleta wrote : > I'm facing following problem: sometimes (w/o visi...

[D2010] Can I use Assembly code in my Delphi code?
Hello all, I am new to Delphi, and I am just installing the trial version, but I have some question. Can I use assembly code without restrictions in my Object Pascal/Delphi code? Many thanks! Greets DelphiLynx I'm not quite certain what you mean by "without restriction", but yes you can use assembly code. I don't believe how to do so is documented though. However, you can look at VCL for some examples. Search in the VCL for ASM and you should find some. A quick google search also found this: http://delphi.about.com/library/bluc/text/uc052501a.htm none no...

Web resources about - Code Insight / Code Copletion in Delphi XE2 - embarcadero.delphi.ide

Michael Sormann - Liked Projects - CGSociety
... Computergame industry as Lead Artist/Art Advisor at Rockstar vienna. In the moment I work as a freelance artist and concentrate on the copletion ...

Michael Sormann - CGSociety
... Computergame industry as Lead Artist/Art Advisor at Rockstar vienna. In the moment I work as a freelance artist and concentrate on the copletion ...

Michael Sormann - Followers - CGSociety