BDS 2006 Error on IDE Close

Hi All:

I've been using BDS 2006 for over a year now with no issues but just
recently I started to experience a strange problem after shutting down the
IDE.

In particular, the usual Windows "Borland Developer Studio for Windows has
encountered a problem and needs to close..." dialog appears shortly after
the shut down and will not go away, unless I click Debug and then No. If I
click "Don't Send" it just keeps reappearing.

This just started happening about a week ago and I cannot think of any
changes made to the apps installed on my computer (although I have gone
through several Windows Automatic update cycles).

BDS is version 10.0.2558.35231 with Update 2, Hotfixed. OS is Windows XP
Pro, Build 2600, SP3. I have 2GB memory (shows as available to Delphi).

Has anyone experienced this? I've Googled 'till I'm blue in the face but
can't find any info.

Thanks for any pointers.

Norman
0
Norman

I get that problem sufficiently often to be very annoying.  The "fix"
that usually seems to work for a day or two is to delete the project's
..dsk file.

I generally find it occurring when I've made a programming error that
creates a wild pointer.

John
0
John
8/16/2008 3:19:29 AM
John:

Well, programming errors are my stock-in-trade. :)

Thanks much for taking the time to post your suggestion. I'll give it a try.

Norman

"John Treder" <jtred@pacbell.net> wrote in message
>I get that problem sufficiently often to be very annoying.  The "fix"
> that usually seems to work for a day or two is to delete the project's
> .dsk file.
>
> I generally find it occurring when I've made a programming error that
> creates a wild pointer.
>
> John
0
Norman
8/16/2008 1:40:00 PM
I am getting the same thing.
> {quote:title=Norman Kleinberg wrote:}{quote}
> Hi All:
>
> I've been using BDS 2006 for over a year now with no issues but just
> recently I started to experience a strange problem after shutting down the
> IDE.
>
> In particular, the usual Windows "Borland Developer Studio for Windows has
> encountered a problem and needs to close..." dialog appears shortly after
> the shut down and will not go away, unless I click Debug and then No. If I
> click "Don't Send" it just keeps reappearing.
>
> This just started happening about a week ago and I cannot think of any
> changes made to the apps installed on my computer (although I have gone
> through several Windows Automatic update cycles).
>
> BDS is version 10.0.2558.35231 with Update 2, Hotfixed. OS is Windows XP
> Pro, Build 2600, SP3. I have 2GB memory (shows as available to Delphi).
>
> Has anyone experienced this? I've Googled 'till I'm blue in the face but
> can't find any info.
>
> Thanks for any pointers.
>

> Norman
0
Alan

Delphi 2006 vs Delphi 2009 IDE stability

VS ide / delphi ide key map

Delphi 2006
Hello all, I'm using BDS 2006 Pro, Win XP Pro SP2. I'm having a problem in Delphi 2006 (Win32). A couple of months ago, Delphi hung and I killed the process. Since then, when I open a project, the Object Inspector and Tool palette do not show unless I select them from the View menu. I have to do this every time I open Delphi. Will repairing the installation fix this problem? If I repair the installation, will I have to reinstall all of my third party components? Thanks, David My IDE was defaulting to Debug Layout instead of Default Layout. I knew I had seen...

Delphi 2006: IDE bug
My Delphi 2006 seems to have lost its internal reference between some .pas source files and the system which keeps track of where it all is. Stuff like 'Find Declaration' ends up in the wrong place in the file, and when I put my mouse cursor over a statement, instead of showing information about it, the computer goes into a loop and CPU goes to 100%. How can I force Delphi to refresh its internal indexing system of the source files? I cannot find where it keeps it. Thanks, Bart New Zealand Bart Kindt wrote: > My Delphi 2006 seems to have lost its internal reference betw...

Hi, I wonder which is more programmer friendly. Especially for syntax highlighting and fast code writting, viewing.. Thanks.. Mehmet Fide wrote: > Hi, > > I wonder which is more programmer friendly. Especially for syntax > highlighting and fast code writting, viewing.. > > > Thanks.. See "RAD Studio 2010 vs. Visual Studio 2010" in non-technical group. -- Warm Regards, Lee ...

Opendialog error in IDE and Delphi XE
Hi, I have observed several times now that when calling an opendialog in Delphi XE from the IDE the program fails. The executable directly works fine and this code has also worked fine in Delphi 2006, from the IDE. Has anything changed that I should be aware of? I am running Delphi XE and Windows 7 (32 bit) {code} FName := ''; OdMyData.InitialDir := ApplicationRootPath; try if OdMyData.Execute then FName := OdMyData.FileName; if FName <> '' then edIconPath.text := FName; finally imgIcon.Picture.Bitmap.LoadFromFile(FName); ...

Delphi 2009 error starting IDE
Hi all, When I try to start my D2009 I always get the same error. "Stream read error" I've already tried to reinstall using the administrator account, doesn't work. Thanks all > {quote:title=Hendrik Declercq wrote:}{quote} > Hi all, > > When I try to start my D2009 I always get the same error. > > "Stream read error" > > I've already tried to reinstall using the administrator account, doesn't work. > > Thanks all Have you installed D2009 alongside another version of Delphi. Or on a system that has h...

Delphi Xe IDE error [Edit]
Hi, Getting the error: "Error in module : Declaration of class T_changeMeBack_s is missing or incorrect" when creating a new project as: New -> Other -> ActiveX Library Then adding New -> Other -> Active Form with the Include about box checked Project is created but the About1.pas file is not visible in the project manager (but a reference to it is found in the uses clause of the created unit and _TLB.pas files Edited by: mark buller on Nov 30, 2012 5:45 PM ...

Help Delphi 2010 IDE
This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --JivePart=_3d58a.zeB8CwDOH5aMJzMl Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Utf-8" See delphi.documentation thread with same subject. -- Cesar Romero http://www.cesarromero.com.br --JivePart=_3d58a.zeB8CwDOH5aMJzMl Content-Type: image/png; name="Delphi2010HelpError.png" Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64 Content-Disposition: attachment; filename="Delphi2010HelpError.png" iVBORw0KGgoAAAANSUhEUgAAAcEAAAEuCAIAA...

Delphi 2009 IDE errors
I go to Build or Compile and get an error [DCC Error] E2161 Error: RLINK32: Error opening file "FilenameHere.dfm" It is becuase a file in my USES clause in not open or part of my project. If I open the file first it will compile. (Once it compiles I can close the fileand it still compiles until I exit Delphi 2009) OR If I add the file to my project it will compile. This is a shared unit I do *not* want to include in my project. This worked fine in Delphi 6 and I think in Delphi 2007(although I did not test this exact case to know for sure) The path to the file is in Tools, Op...

Delphi XE5 IDE Closes on click of Open
Hi , I am not sure others have encountered this error. Delphi XE5 IDE closes without any error message when i click File-Open. This has been happening intermittently. I was wondering if anybody else also facing same Issue and have any solution for the same. I have installed all the latest Hotfix/Updates. Thanks in advance. Regards, Try following this: http://support.embarcadero.com/article/42597 and see if it helps. vijay K wrote: > Hi , > > I am not sure others have encountered this error. Delphi XE5 IDE closes without any error message when i click File-Ope...

[Delphi XE2] Tabs on IDE positioning error
I have tabs with components near main menu. It's look like in Delphi 7. After Run project and return to IDE (after program closed) sheet is on menu item Windows and Help (menu it's not visible at all). Delphi XE2 Update 2 ...

Delphi XE IDE code parser error ?!? [Edit]
After adding a IdUDPServer to my form and trying to put some code into the OnUDPRead event, I'm not able to add any component to my form at design time, nor can I run the application. here is the error i got: http://i54.tinypic.com/2j5jl0p.jpg i`ve asked about this on StackOverflow and Mike Justin suggested to +remove the +System.+ from +TArray<System.Byte>+ (in the interface and implementation)+, even so then OnUDPRead event doesn`t trigger. To test this i have made a simple app which uses 2 IdUDPServer comps, one to broadcast and one to Listen, works as expected in Delph...

Delphi IDEs
Is it possible to write applications for Android and touch sensitive screens with Delphi XE4 or later versions of Delphi? Is it possible to write applications for Windows 8 and touch sensitive screens with Delphi XE4 and later versions of Delphi? Pier Pier wrote: > Is it possible to write applications for Android and touch sensitive > screens with Delphi XE4 or later versions of Delphi? iOS support was added in XE4. Android support was added in Delphi XE5. > Is it possible to write applications for Windows 8 and touch sensitive > screens with Delphi XE4 an...

Web resources about - BDS 2006 Error on IDE Close - embarcadero.delphi.ide

Error - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The word error entails different meanings and usages relative to how it is conceptually applied. The concrete meaning of the Latin word "error" ...

VW says emissions cheating was not a one-time error
The German carmaker's chairman says the decision by employees to cheat on emissions tests was made more than a decade ago after they realised ...

Eliminating errors secret to Western Sydney Wanderers' win streak: Mitch Nichols
Western Sydney Wanderers star Mitch Nichols believes his side's ascension to the top of the A-League is down to getting rid of the fatal errors ...

Is This The Biggest Bluebook Error Of Them All?
Who deserves credit (or blame) for the authoritative (and often criticized) legal citation manual?

10 continuity errors in popular movies that somehow made it to the final cut
... that suddenly appears on a different side of the room or a character that isn't quite in the right spot from one shot to the next, these errors ...

Transportation secretary: Red Line train may have left station unmanned due to ‘operator error’
Officials are investigating a case of ‘operator error’ that may have allowed an unmanned Red Line train to leave Braintree Station Thursday morning. ...

Operator Error ‘Primary Focus’ Of Runaway Red Line Train Investigation
... BOSTON (CBS) — MBTA officials say the investigation into the runaway Red Line train Thursday morning is focused primarily on operator error. ...

"Human error" blamed for U.S. airstrike on Afghan hospital
"This was a tragic, but avoidable accident" says U.S. commander in Afghanistan of deadly U.S.

Gary schools move to correct budget errors
Gary schools move to correct budget errors Chicago Tribune She was succeeded by Michael Washington, who was fired by the school board in April. ...

The worst error a Chinese journo can make?
Four staff at China News Service have been suspended after a report about Xi Jinping's speech mistakenly referred to his resignation.