3D graphics for Delphi in 2013?

Is it possible for Embarcadero to provide some near future prospects regarding 3D graphic capabilities for Delphi (not firemonkey)?
By 3D I do not mean 3-D text or a little 3D triangle structure like the case with Firemonkey... I mean full 3D engine graphics capability usable in _Delphi for Windows PC applications_.

To think: We are using fast computers with exciting graphics interface capability and it is _the worst supported aspect of Delphi_.
Delphi is currently decades behind time in this regard...and I do not even mention the other standard PC peripherals like audio, mouse, keyboard and usb functions.
The entire international market basically runs on Windows platforms - not Apple.
The future will remain Windows application domination and the focus should be there as a priority.

I await an answer in great anticipation.
Pieter - Used Delphi since Delphi 1!
0
Pieter
4/8/2013 7:47:41 AM
embarcadero.delphi.graphics 928 articles. 0 followers. Follow

> Is it possible for Embarcadero to provide some near future prospects regarding 3D graphic capabilities for Delphi (not firemonkey)?
I think this will not happen in the near future. EMB took the DXScene (developer) on board and created FireMonkey on top of it.
Not sure if there is also GLScene code involved.

> By 3D I do not mean 3-D text or a little 3D triangle structure like the case with Firemonkey...
FireMonkey is build on top/with DXScene, take a look on the web to DXScene/GLScene sites and see what people did with it..

>I mean full 3D engine graphics capability usable in _Delphi for Windows PC applications_.
DXScene is developed on top of OpenGL..

> To think: We are using fast computers with exciting graphics interface capability and it is _the worst supported aspect of Delphi_.
Because the most users of Delphi are in the Windows business application (database) development EMB decided
to turn FireMonkey in to multi platform. The focus lies to create business apllications, multi platform and creating special
Arm compiler to achieve this.

Take a look to good (Delphi compatible) 3D engine developers like:

www.3dstate.com
www.truevision3d.com
www.glscene.org

If you want to do OpenGL or DirectX developement yourself, you can search for Delphi components or the OpenGL API to do this.

> Delphi is currently decades behind time in this regard...and I do not even mention the other standard PC peripherals like audio, mouse, keyboard and usb functions.
Delphi isn't a package that provides all components for everything that is possible on Windows.
The main focus for EMB is on the language, compiler and database developement. There are a lot of 3th party companies that focus on other parts.
Besides EMB doesn't have the amount of developers like Google or MS, 3th party developers will also not happy if EMB will provide
all the componets that can do eveything possible on Windows. Also with Delphi you have the complete access to the Windows, OpenGL, DirectX API,
so on low level you can do everything yourself if you want to.

> The entire international market basically runs on Windows platforms - not Apple.
> The future will remain Windows application domination and the focus should be there as a priority.
I suggest to put some sandbags in front of your door and post these lines on the Delphi-Non Technical form ;-)

Edited by: Robert Triest on Apr 8, 2013 12:03 PM
0
Robert

3D graphics library for Delphi?
I am working on a scientific program which needs to visualize 3D body properties. It is supposed to show the properties of the ground after doing a set of measurements and inverting the results. So a block that can be twisted and turned and where the properties are color coded (semi-transparent) is what I am after. We (not myself though) have used GLScene for 2D visualization but for 3D it was done before using VTK and C++ code. But I want to use Delphi since I have 16 years of experience with Object Pascal and basically none with C++... So is it possible to render 3D data as colo...

2D graphics for Delphi....
I have another graphics related problem, which is 2D rather than 3D, so I guess GLScene is not a candidate: Say I have a 2D array with XY coordinates and a scalar value in each point. These values vary in some continuous way across the whole XY surface (like barometric pressure across the earth), but the array only contain the (regular or irregular) sampling points. How would I go about color-coding the data so that there is a level map created with one color is designating one pressure range, possibly even with colors gradually changing across the area. Note that there are only so...

Delphi and Delphi for .Net

Problem with PNG graphics in Delphi
I am not a programmer, I am a graphic designer and worked on some images for a program being written in Delphi (I am uncertain of the version). The problem seems to be that no matter what size I create the image, Delphi distorts it and creates what appear to be "holes" in the image that are transparent and show the background color What can we do to fix this issue if anything? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Am 27.03.2010 14:12, schrieb Kristina Thompson: > I am not a programmer, I am a graphic designer and worked on some images for a program being written in Delp...

How Do I Enable 3D Graphics (yet another graphics question, sorry!)
I have installed an ATI 5770 without any problem by downloading the driver from the ATI website and doing a manual install, everything went well, I ran configure and I have the Catalyst Control Ctr on my desktop and everything works EXCEPT 3D, I cannot get 3D enabled, what I am I missing Pls help! Thanks -- jimt123 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ You need to give us more information about your setup; KWin for example will disable 3D if it does not think you have all the necessary resources - see 'Martin’s Blog...

Built with and Powered by Delphi XE3 graphics
This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --JivePart=_7ebf3.zeB8CwDOH5aMJzMl Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Utf-8" As requested in embarcadero.public.delphi.deployment --JivePart=_7ebf3.zeB8CwDOH5aMJzMl Content-Type: image/png; name="DelphiXE3_200x75.png" Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64 Content-Disposition: attachment; filename="DelphiXE3_200x75.png" iVBORw0KGgoAAAANSUhEUgAAAMgAAABLCAYAAAA1fMjoAAAAGXRFWHRTb2Z0d2FyZQBBZG9iZSBJ bWFnZVJlYWR5ccllP...

Delphi XE5 iOS graphical display incorrect
Hi, In iOS if you create a form with a listbox with a tabcontrol tsearchbox and if you type in something in searchbox keyboard appears when it disappears a strip of 10 pixels of the upper part of the keyboard remain at the bottom of the screen. bb Manuel > {quote:title=Manuel Di Maio wrote:}{quote} > Hi, > In iOS if you create a form with a listbox with a tabcontrol tsearchbox and if you type in something in searchbox keyboard appears when it disappears a strip of 10 pixels of the upper part of the keyboard remain at the bottom of the screen. > > bb > Manuel H...

Delphi XE / Delphi 2010

3D Graphics
Hi all, I'm fairly new to asp.net and web programming, but I've been given the task of displaying some very basic 3D graphics.  They would consist of some solid lines and would include some curves.  Is there a way of adding a 3D graphics control to a web form and using that - does one exist?   Thanks for your time,   Steve Unfortunately, vector graphics and browsers just don't mix at present. Both IE and Firefox have vector graphics implementations, but they each use different standards and support varies between versions. It would be great if the brows...

3D Graphics
Hi! Someone knows how to increase the size of a 3D graphic? (it seems to be very small) (The 2D grahics works fine) TIA ...

Missing fmx.graphics unit after installing Delphi XE3 professional
Hello! I have Delphi XE3 professional on a windows 8 system. I have just have created a new FMX application without any source code. I want to use FMX.graphics at "uses" , BUT i am missing this unit. Is this unit not included in the Delphi XE3 software? Even when i updated to Delphi XE3 Update2, i cannot find the unit in my source path: "C:\Program Files\Embarcadero\RAD Studio\10.0\source\fmx" . Mustafa wrote: > I want to use FMX.graphics at "uses" , BUT i am missing this unit. That unit did not exist yet in XE3. It was introduced ...

Delphi 2007 to Delphi 7

Delphi for PHP or Delphi PRISM

Web resources about - 3D graphics for Delphi in 2013? - embarcadero.delphi.graphics

Wikipedia:Graphic Lab/Photography workshop - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
the requests page for the photography workshop. Anyone can make a request for a photograph to be improved for a Wikipedia article. The standard ...

AMD kills support for many popular graphics cards is yours on the death list?
... and greatest. Companies cannot be expected to support products forever end of life is always a possibility. Sadly, quite a number of AMD graphics ...

Awesome mod gives GTA V a massive graphics overhaul, makes it look like real life
... The Witcher 3 , Assassin's Creed Syndicate , Just Cause 3 — there are plenty of beautiful open worlds out there, but on Monday, a graphics ...

Graphic: pick locks and break padlocks - Business Insider Deutschland
Anyone can become a successful lock pick — with the right tools.

Protests after graphic video of Chicago police shooting
Several arrested as angry residents call for Black Friday blockage, and lament time it took for charges against cop who shot boy 16 times

Just Cause 3 PC graphics problems reported
Fans complain of visual bugs and glitches as developer cites issues with latest AMD graphics drivers.

Graphic video: Chicago police and activists ask, 'How much transparency?'
The video of an officer shooting a teenage boy was released Tuesday despite opposition from Chicago's mayor, police, the victim's family, and ...

San Francisco police officers shoot and kill suspected stabber (graphic video)
San Francisco police say the man in the video was wanted for stabbing another man with a kitchen knife. At least 8 of...

Pentagram's DJ Stout: There Needs To Be More Storytelling In Graphic Design
"Everything we do is about storytelling," Stout says. The cover of Texas Monthly 's July 1992 issue features an portrait of then governor Ann ...

HotFix Coming Today For Radeon Software Crimson Edition Bug That's Killing Graphics Cards
... the aging Catalyst Control Center with a more modern, completely re-architected driver and control panel solution for Radeon-based graphics ...