Running out of disk space

I have my software on an SSD (256Gb) but it is running low on space.
Embarcadero (XE7) seems to be the main culprit so I would like to move
the files that are currently in the folder:
C:\Users\Public\Documents\Embarcadero\Studio

D:\Public\Documents\Embarcadero\Studio

The D: drive is 2Tb so has plenty of spare space and this would release
15Gb on the SSD (mainly SDK's).

If I move the files and change the environment variables BDSCOMMONDIR,
IBREDISTDIR & PUBLIC in the Tools-Options menu will that do it or are
there other things I need to look at?
0
Lorne

Lorne wrote:

> If I move the files and change the environment variables BDSCOMMONDIR,
> IBREDISTDIR & PUBLIC in the Tools-Options menu will that do it or are
> there other things I need to look at?

Not sure.  You could always just delete the "C:\Users\Public\Documents\Embarcadero\Studio"
folder and create a hardlink/junction in the "C:\Users\Public\Documents\Embarcadero\"
folder named "Studio" that points at the "D:\Public\Documents\Embarcadero\Studio"
folder.  Then you would not have to change any configurations at all.

--
Remy Lebeau (TeamB)
0
On 28/07/2015 00:00, Remy Lebeau (TeamB) wrote:
> Lorne wrote:
>
>> If I move the files and change the environment variables BDSCOMMONDIR,
>> IBREDISTDIR & PUBLIC in the Tools-Options menu will that do it or are
>> there other things I need to look at?
>
> Not sure.  You could always just delete the "C:\Users\Public\Documents\Embarcadero\Studio"
> folder and create a hardlink/junction in the "C:\Users\Public\Documents\Embarcadero\"
> folder named "Studio" that points at the "D:\Public\Documents\Embarcadero\Studio"
> folder.  Then you would not have to change any configurations at all.

Thanks - that worked fine.  Not sure why but I thought Windows 8
disabled junctions.
0
Lorne

Disk Space running out...
We have an older Server running Groupwise 5.2. Basically the only thing that Groupwise is doing for us is that it is providing all the users with POP3 mail. ( internet Agent) Users have all there machines to access the server via the internet for there email. That its no collaboration. Just recently the servre is buroing that it is almost out of disk space. (of the 4 gig only 250 meg available). well I searched all folders to see it we had soemthing out there sucking up all the disk space and foue nothing. What can I do with Groupwise to recover soem disk space back. Users are n...

Running out of Disk Space
Hello all, GW7.02HP everywhere. I have a weird issue going for the last week or so that I can't figure out. Last week our server was running slow so I did a reboot, after that I noticed we only had 3GB free. We sent an email out to have everyone clean out their boxes (which did not go well since the server crashed when everyone tried to delete stuff). Anyway, after that the server stabilized and we were at 4GB free as of last Friday when I left. When I come in this morning we are all of a sudden at 22GB free (????) Now the weird part comes in, about an out ago, ut...

Why am I running out of hard disk space?
We've set up a XEN virtual server with 12G hard disk space. The XEN hosts all our network services, configuration and applications (eg. samba, apache, openldap, ...) for our office (about 5 persons). All files and data are not stored on this virtual server, but on another server. This worked perfectly, until today. Nothing is working anymore because 99% of our hard disk space is already used. How is it possible that so much hard disk space is being used? The XEN virtual server is command line, so a lot of applications (e.g. OpenOffice, ...) are not running on this virtual se...

Running low on disk space
Is there a good way to migrate GW 6.5 to a bigger server? I also have 2 more slots available on my GW server. Can I add 2 drives to the array and not lose data? "Craig" <tech@novoco.com> wrote in news:YAhbd.1834$975.1427@prv-forum2.provo.novell.com: > > Is there a good way to migrate GW 6.5 to a bigger server? Yes, just install the agent software, copy the GW data over, adjust paths in config files and C1 and go. > I also have > 2 more slots available on my GW server. Can I add 2 drives to the > array and not lose data? That...

Replication runs out of disk space
I have a client site replicating and it runs out of hard disk space before replication is completed. Is there a way of limiting the amount of disk space that replication uses. ASA 6.03 Regards Scott What is running out of disk space? Is it the database file, the database log, log mirror or the location of the message files? -- Reg Domaratzki Sybase iAnywhere Solutions Please reply only to the newsgroup ASA Patches and EBFs : http://downloads.sybase.com/swx/sdmain.stm -> Choose SQL Anywhere Studio -> Set "Platform Preview" and "Time Frame&quo...

PLS Help. Error with Space on the disk , but the disk space is right.
Hi all, I'm running a GCN in my ISP server and everything went right until I choose to change the Stored Procedures (NText instead of Text) following the recommendations of the thread http://asp.net/Forums/ShowPost.aspx?tabindex=1&PostID=280868. After I did the changes I'm getting disk space errors when I try to use some of the Admin.Sections. I don't believe that it is related, but I don't know what to think. Someone know what is happening? and the solution?. Here is the error & track I got when I try to use the Edit Users Section: Server Error in '/International' Appli...

GWIA Running Out Of Disk Space
I have an outgoing GWIA v7.0.3 (secondary domain) running on NW65sp6 which is running out of disk space all of the time. The sequence of events is; File in gwia1_do\MSLOCAL\GWINPROG\4 grows quickly to fill the 2Gb GWISE volume and then gets deleted, recreated and starts to rapidly grow again. The file extension is .000. Any ideas?? Thanks, Paul. --____KCJOIWCOSCTDHDWHSBNL____ Content-Type: text/plain; charset=utf-8 Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64 Content-Disposition: inline; modification-date="Fri, 14 Aug 2008 21:14:05 +0100" UHJvYmxlbSBzb2x2ZWQhIF...

Running Low on disk space
We have a drive that's shared among all employees and we're running low on disk space. We don't have a budget anytime soon to upgrade the disk arrays, but we do have a spare smaller array. The thought is to migrate a few departments to the smaller array and free up space this way. My question: Is it possible to create a shortcut or alias that points to the other volume (on a different server) so that the drive mappings would not have to be changed. Thanks for any suggestions. -Ryan In ConsoleOne, you can create what's called a juction in a volume folder ...

ASA7
We keep getting "Disk Failure - Run out Of Space" messages on our Server. We are using 7.0.1.918. We are having a nightmare using ASA7. I wish I waited few months before upgrading. ASA server engine writes to the following files 1) dbfile (**including dbspaces which may but most likely aren't on the same drive) 2) log file 3) mirror log file 4) creates temp files where your TMP / TEMP / or TEMPDIR point to 5) logs output with the -z -o <filename) switch in the server command line to the file location specified. You have run out of d...

Volume run out of disk space.
Hi I have NetWare 6.5 sp7 and one of our main server volumes run out of disk space last week because few users copied lots of data to their home directories within a week period of time. We can not set disk space limits on NDS user accounts (management decision) and I need to know if there is a way to configure NetWare to send "out of disk space messages" to a specific group before the volumes run completely out of disk space. Thank you very much and I'm looking forward to hearing from you soon. Agarc -- agarc ----------------------------------------...

Disk Space freed after Cleanup is run
Just wondering if there is a report or information provided after the automated process runs during the night. Just trying to see how much space we are saving by forcing the clean process each night. Also wanting to know how much I could extend the day limit and not go over the disk space we have handy. Thanks, Matt -- medust ------------------------------------------------------------------------ medust wrote: > Just wondering if there is a report or information provided after the > automated process runs during the night. Just trying to see how much > ...

ZCM server runs out of disk space....
Our ZCM (10.3.1.0) server ground to a halt today. It's running on a SLES Linux (10.3) box in a VMware virtual environment and we found that it had run out of disc space as the /opt/novell directory grew to over 59Gb. This is the filesystem setup Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on /dev/sda3 62G 61G 1.1G 99% / udev 1.9G 88K 1.9G 1% /dev /dev/sda1 487M 9.8M 452M 3% /boot How big should I make the /dev/sda3 partition? Would it be a good idea to move the /opt/novell to a new partition with, say, 1...

Running Running Running
Name: John Harris Email: jkharrisatmindspringdotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Running Running Running Comments: Why, does Firefox, even when mimimized, still takes up to 20, 30, 40% (or more) of my CPU on my Windows XP Pro computer. It seems to just happily chew up cycles. How do I get it to do nothing while minimized. Especially a problem with virtual machines. Thanks, John Harris Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.0.3) Gecko/2008092417 Firefox/3.0.3 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729) From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers...

NSS volume static data
Hi, I have a NW6.5 sp3 CPR release that has an NSS volume that is only used for restores. We last restored to that server 2 weeks ago, have not written any new data to it, however, something has been using up disk space. I cannot figure this out. After I received out of disk space messages - I went and deleted nearly 1 Gb of space - within the hour we were getting out of disk space messages again and the properties showed it was at 0. I have not been able to find anything new added, nor does McAfee show scanning any new files to that volume. This is a volume on a SAN ...

Web resources about - Running out of disk space - embarcadero.delphi.general

Running - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is about the type of locomotion in humans. For running in horses, see Horse gait . For locomotion in dogs, see Gait (dog) . For ...

Jarryd Hayne in frame after injury to San Francisco 49ers running back Shaun Draughn
&#8203;The San Francisco 49ers' running back injury curse has struck again and it could elevate Jarryd Hayne back into the beleaguered NFL team's ...

Flemington rail won't be used - running trains will slow train system: Andrews government
Neighbours fear gridlock as Andrews government says no to regular train services from Flemington Racecourse.

Meet the 17-Year-Old Running a Profitable Agency out of His Prep-School Dorm Room
Marketing exec Max Baron has a jam-packed day. Today, he's reaching out to five clients, facilitating a mailing giveaway, planning his firm's ...

HILLARY AND THE U.N.: Your 2016 Democrat Running Mates
By Anne Bayefsky Islamic activists say 9/11 and San Bernardino were terrible — because of their effects on Muslims. O ver at the United Nations, ...

Running back LeSean McCoy the lone Pro Bowl selection for Bills
LeSean McCoy's first season with the Buffalo Bills will end with a trip to the Pro Bowl. Maybe. The running back was the lone member of the team ...

Dickerson: Sanders running out of time to close gap with Clinton - Videos - CBS News
John Dickerson, CBS News political director and host of "Face the Nation”, considers whether Bernie Sanders is running out of time to close the ...

Putin to be Donald Trump's running mate, mock John Kasich press release says - CNNPolitics.com
Donald Trump has revealed his running mate, and it's Russian President Vladimir Putin.

Williams-Sonoma Wasn’t Really Running A ‘Buy One Knife, Get 99 Free’ Sale
Some of our readers experience a modern moral dilemma: they order an item online, and multiple duplicates of that item appear on their doorstep. ...

ISIS Executes More Of Its Own Militants For Running From A Fight
ISIS Executes More Of Its Own Militants For Running From A Fight