Language like Delphi 6 or Delphi 7

Hi
I like to make application what will connect to web services(SOAP  or REST) and send data to server via HTTPS.
I have previous experience with Delphi 6 and Delphi 7.I know that language in Delphi 2009 is changed.
Which is the last Delhi(Delphi 2005, Delphi 2009) what have the languages like Delphi 6 or Delphi 7.
Additional ,which edition(home,professional ,architect) I should use  if i like to achieve my task?
0
Pero
11/26/2009 12:11:35 AM
📁 embarcadero.delphi.general
📃 4258 articles.
⭐ 0 followers.

💬 4 Replies
👁️‍🗨️ 1758 Views

Pero perov wrote:
> I know that language in Delphi 2009 is changed.
That is not true.
> Which is the last Delhi(Delphi 2005, Delphi 2009) what
> have the languages like Delphi 6 or Delphi 7.
The most recent version of Delphi that uses Object Pascal
as its language and generates native Win32 applications
like D6 and D7 is D2010.
--
Bill Todd (TeamB)
0
<Pero perov> wrote in message news:187081@forums.codegear.com...
> Hi
> I like to make application what will connect to web services(SOAP  or
> REST) and send data to server via HTTPS.
> I have previous experience with Delphi 6 and Delphi 7.I know that language
> in Delphi 2009 is changed.
> Which is the last Delhi(Delphi 2005, Delphi 2009) what have the languages
> like Delphi 6 or Delphi 7.
> Additional ,which edition(home,professional ,architect) I should use  if i
> like to achieve my task?
0
Daniel
11/26/2009 3:44:00 AM
<Pero perov> wrote in message news:187081@forums.codegear.com...
> Hi
> I like to make application what will connect to web services(SOAP  or
> REST) and send data to server via HTTPS.
> I have previous experience with Delphi 6 and Delphi 7.I know that language
> in Delphi 2009 is changed.
> Which is the last Delhi(Delphi 2005, Delphi 2009) what have the languages
> like Delphi 6 or Delphi 7.
> Additional ,which edition(home,professional ,architect) I should use  if i
> like to achieve my task?
The language is not changed in a way that is not backwards compatible. A lot
is added but old Delphi code still compiles out of the box in most
situations.
The only real break is the VCL change to use Unicode natively instead of
AnsiStrings. This is not important for new project and lot of old projects
can easily be upgraded.
So get the Delphi 2010 with the version that has at least soap support (look
at their website) and you will be fine.
Unless  you have old projects that uses a lot of low level API calls, then
you will be better of with you're old version.
martijn
0
Martijn
11/26/2009 2:16:53 PM
On Wed, 25 Nov 2009 16:11:35 -0800, Pero perov <> wrote:
>Hi
>I like to make application what will connect to web services(SOAP  or REST) and send data to server via HTTPS.
>I have previous experience with Delphi 6 and Delphi 7.I know that language in Delphi 2009 is changed.
>Which is the last Delhi(Delphi 2005, Delphi 2009) what have the languages like Delphi 6 or Delphi 7.
>Additional ,which edition(home,professional ,architect) I should use  if i like to achieve my task?
2009 is a bit of a breaking update due to Unicode support--characters
aren't what they used to be.  Starting with new code this will make
virtually no difference.
0
Loren