Is delphi xe4 IDE 32 bit application?

Hi,
  I am trying to install a BPL compiled with win64 platform into DELPHI XE4 IDE. It is throwing an error "it is not a valid win32 application".
  is it means that DELPHI XE4 IDE is 32 bit application? if so , is it available in WIN64 too?

thanks
sudheer
0
Sudheer
9/20/2013 10:51:33 AM
📁 embarcadero.delphi.general
📃 4258 articles.
⭐ 0 followers.

💬 4 Replies
👁️‍🗨️ 1196 Views

"Sudheer Bondalapati" wrote in message news:615522@forums.embarcadero.com...

>  I am trying to install a BPL compiled with win64 platform into DELPHI XE4
> IDE. It is throwing an error "it is not a valid win32 application".
>
>  is it means that DELPHI XE4 IDE is 32 bit application?
Correct.
> if so , is it available in WIN64 too?
Not that I'm aware of.
--
Wayne Niddery (TeamB)
"You know what they call alternative medicine that has been proven to work?
On Fri, 20 Sep 2013 03:51:33 -0700, Sudheer Bondalapati <> wrote:
>  is it means that DELPHI XE4 IDE is 32 bit application?
Yes.
> if so , is it available in WIN64 too?
No, but you can develop 64-bit applications with it.
0
Jud
9/20/2013 5:25:21 PM
>   I am trying to install a BPL compiled with win64 platform into DELPHI XE4 IDE.
There is no need to do this. You need to install a Win32 version and just have compiled alongside a Win64 version (assuming you want to support Win64 EXEs).
>   is it means that DELPHI XE4 IDE is 32 bit application?
Yes.
> if so , is it available in WIN64 too?
No, and it isn't necessary.
0
Chris
9/20/2013 6:26:38 PM
Sudheer wrote:
> is it means that DELPHI XE4 IDE is 32 bit application?
That is correct.  Run-time packages can be either 32-bit or 64-bit, but design-time
packages MUST be 32-bit only.  At design time, the IDE will use 32-bit runtime
packages, but it knows whether a project is being compiled for 32-bit or
64-bit and will create proper package linkages in compiled executables as
neded.
> if so , is it available in WIN64 too?
The IDE itself is 32-bit only, and there is no plan (that anyone here is
aware of) to release a 64-bit IDE.
--
Remy Lebeau (TeamB)
0