Is delphi xe4 IDE 32 bit application?

Hi,

  I am trying to install a BPL compiled with win64 platform into DELPHI XE4 IDE. It is throwing an error "it is not a valid win32 application".

  is it means that DELPHI XE4 IDE is 32 bit application? if so , is it available in WIN64 too?

thanks
sudheer
0
Sudheer

"Sudheer Bondalapati" wrote in message news:615522@forums.embarcadero.com...

>  I am trying to install a BPL compiled with win64 platform into DELPHI XE4
> IDE. It is throwing an error "it is not a valid win32 application".
>
>  is it means that DELPHI XE4 IDE is 32 bit application?

Correct.

> if so , is it available in WIN64 too?

Not that I'm aware of.

--
Wayne Niddery (TeamB)
"You know what they call alternative medicine that has been proven to work?
On Fri, 20 Sep 2013 03:51:33 -0700, Sudheer Bondalapati <> wrote:

>  is it means that DELPHI XE4 IDE is 32 bit application?

Yes.

> if so , is it available in WIN64 too?

No, but you can develop 64-bit applications with it.
0
Jud
9/20/2013 5:25:21 PM
>   I am trying to install a BPL compiled with win64 platform into DELPHI XE4 IDE.

There is no need to do this. You need to install a Win32 version and just have compiled alongside a Win64 version (assuming you want to support Win64 EXEs).

>   is it means that DELPHI XE4 IDE is 32 bit application?

Yes.

> if so , is it available in WIN64 too?

No, and it isn't necessary.
0
Chris
9/20/2013 6:26:38 PM
Sudheer wrote:

> is it means that DELPHI XE4 IDE is 32 bit application?

That is correct.  Run-time packages can be either 32-bit or 64-bit, but design-time
packages MUST be 32-bit only.  At design time, the IDE will use 32-bit runtime
packages, but it knows whether a project is being compiled for 32-bit or
64-bit and will create proper package linkages in compiled executables as
neded.

> if so , is it available in WIN64 too?

The IDE itself is 32-bit only, and there is no plan (that anyone here is
aware of) to release a 64-bit IDE.

--
Remy Lebeau (TeamB)
0

Running 64 bit console application from a 32 bit Delphi GUI app?
I want to improve the usability of a 64 bit command line program so it can be handled by fairly inexperienced users. For this I need a normal Delphi program to have data specifiers etc, which in the end results in a command file for the console application. This is no big deal. The problem is the following: ------------------------------ 1) Can I start the 64 bit console app in Windows7X64 using the CreateProcess API like I am used to for 32 bit applications? Or are 64 bit programs different? 2) And if that is possible, can I somehow snatch what it sends to standard out (the co...

Occasional errors with 32-bit Delphi 7 application on Windows 7 64-bit
Hi, I have a 32-bit Delphi 7 application which was deployed on some machines with Windows 7 64-bit. The application occasionally displays errors such as: "Error reading ppDBText37.Border.Color: Invalid property value" or "Error reading Label24.Font.Ch: Property Ch does not exist" (here the name "Charset" was apparently truncated to "Ch") I checked how those properties are declared on the form where the errors occurred, and all seems ok: - First form (where "Error reading ppDBText37.Border.Color: Invalid property value" occurs): ...

ActiveX differences between Delphi 7 and Delphi XE4 in an MFC application
When I create an ActiveX control based on a TPanel (with no added code) in Delphi 7, I am able to add this to a MFC C++ application and have it run fine. When I take the exact same code and compile it in Delphi XE4 (and XE2), MFC throws an assertion. I confirmed that the only changes are in the dcu, ocx and res files. The assertion is happening on ASSERT(wFlags == DISPATCH_METHOD); in occsite.cpp (I included the source to this). {code} STDMETHODIMP COleControlSite::XEventSink::Invoke( DISPID dispid, REFIID, LCID, unsigned short wFlags, DISPPARAMS* pDispParams, VARIANT* pvar...

Delphi 32 bit application on 64bit OS
Problem running delphi application developed in 2010 on 64bit windows operating system. Application crashes suddenly. Access violations in system.pas related to string functions. Please give more information (like : error messages, access violations, etc...) > {quote:title=sandhya gondhi wrote:}{quote} > Problem running delphi application developed in 2010 on 64bit windows operating system. > Application crashes suddenly. > Access violations in system.pas related to string functions. ComSurrogate has stopped working. <Application> has stopped working. Access ...

Delphi 5 to Delphi XE4

Excel 64-bit and Delphi 32-bit
Hi, Any known issues with using Excel 2010 64-bit with a Delphi 32-bit app (Delphi 2009) My app uses the ExcelXP TExcelApplication object and nothing real fancy. I basically opens Excel, gets a list of all the ranges, and then updates the cells. It works fine with Excel 2007 but I have one customer who is reporting problems and he has Excel 2010 64-bit. Also, is there a way for my app to determine if Excel is 32 or 64-bit so that I can log an appropriate message. -- Bob Small I think one the main points of the new Delphi 64-bit compiler was that it was required to be able...

XML for Delphi XE6 32-bit/64-bit
I am looking for a straight-forward no frills XML library or component that allows me to easily form an XML file and to parse it easily as a means to transfer text (could be long and lengthy) information back and forth between applications. I would appreciate any recommendation of such a resource. Or maybe XML is not a good option for my application? Thanking you all in advance. Andy Andy wrote: > I am looking for a straight-forward no frills XML library or component > that allows me to easily form an XML file and to parse it easily as a > means to transfer text (co...

Delphi 32 bit
What will happen when Delphi 64 bit arrives? Will further development on Delphi 32 bit simply cease? I remember when Delphi 2 wa released, (way back...) Delphi 1 and 16 bit development died down abruptly. That worries me a wee bit. I am still very much involved in 32 bit development, and as much as I would like to see Delphi 64 materialize, even now I would like Delphi 32 to evolve a bit beyond its current status. On 02.01.2011 21:25, Jennifer-Ashley Kuiper wrote: > What will happen when Delphi 64 bit arrives? Will further development on > Delphi 32 bit simply cease? I reme...

Application error: Converting 16 bit application to 32-bit application
I am migrating my Pb4 application to PB6. After migration i am trying to run my application but it is giving me the application error and my PB gets closed. Error : pb60.exe Application error The instruction at <memory location> referenced memory at <memory location> The memory could not be read. What could be the reason for the error. Is it due to the changes of 16bit and 32 bit application or something else. I am not able to trace out what is the reason.What is the mehod of migrating PB4 16-bit application to PB6 32-bit application ? please regenerate a...

Delphi 64 bit / Future Direction of Delphi
I am responding to the various requests for 64 bit and the discussion about the future direction of Delphi. I have a small company - we write software for new and used auto dealerships - sales and finance - coming out with accounting now and parts and service in the next few years. Our customers don't care about 32 bit vs 64 bit, etc. They want me to provide simple and convenient solutions to make their jobs easier. We have stuck with Delphi 5 for many years - I should have upgraded 5 years ago but it did the job. We are now in the early stages of a significant up...

32 bit Delphi Active X Control on 64 Bit machines
I'm using BDS 2006 and created a very simple Active X control ( COM ) ocx file that does nothing but return a string in a property. Placing the control on a .net application that contains a label reflecting the property builds and runs beautifully in 32 bit Windows Vista. Moving the application to Windows 7 64 bit fails. Debugging shows it doesn't even get to initialization. Is it possible to use COM through syswow64? <Steven Davis> wrote in message news:225825@forums.embarcadero.com... > I'm using BDS 2006 and created a very simple Active X control > ( COM ) ...

Delphi and Delphi for .Net

League System compatible with Delphi 2010 or Delphi XE4
I am currently trying to write a league system using delphi to be used for an upcoming football tournamant I am running. However, I have encountered some difficulty in doing so. Does anyone have a league system they would give me the code for that is compatible with Delphi 2010 or Delphi XE4? ...

Delphi 2006 vs Delphi 2009 IDE stability

Web resources about - Is delphi xe4 IDE 32 bit application? - embarcadero.delphi.general

Development application for Holt golf course land open for public inspection
The developers selling 350 dwellings on disused parts of the Holt golf course have submitted their development application for public inspection. ...

MBA: Mortgage Applications Decrease in Latest MBA Weekly Survey, Purchase Applications up 24% YoY
From the MBA: Mortgage Applications Decrease in Latest MBA Weekly Surve Mortgage applications decreased 3.2 percent from one week earlier, according ...

Mortgage applications fall 3.2%
A definitive rise in mortgage interest rates over the last month is keeping borrowers at bay.

Sony Mobile, LG reportedly to develop smartphone application processors in-house
... Communications and LG Electronics reportedly will follow the steps of Apple, Samsung Electronics and Huawei to develop smartphone-use application ...