How to stop Delphi 7 from creating DDP files?

My Delphi 7 Pro (yes still on the old reliable version) has begun
creating new files in my projects named *.DDP which seem to be
connected to forms. When I open such a file I find rubbish which seems
utterly unneeded.
How can I get Delphi to stop making these extra files?
--

Bo Berglund
Developer in Sweden

On Tue, 15 Sep 2009 22:28:35 -0700, Bo Berglund wrote:

> How can I get Delphi to stop making these extra files?

You could install DDevExtensions:
http://andy.jgknet.de/blog/?page_id=10

--
Marc Rohloff [TeamB]
marc -at- marc rohloff -dot- com
<marc@nospam.marcrohloff.com> wrote:

>On Tue, 15 Sep 2009 22:28:35 -0700, Bo Berglund wrote:
>
>> How can I get Delphi to stop making these extra files?
>
>You could install DDevExtensions:
>http://andy.jgknet.de/blog/?page_id=10

How would this help?
I was thinking of some setting that I have not found in Delphi7 to
enable/disable this behaviour.
BTW I already have GExperts installed...
--

Bo Berglund
Developer in Sweden
On Wed, 16 Sep 2009 06:22:01 -0700, Bo Berglund wrote:

>>You could install DDevExtensions:
>>http://andy.jgknet.de/blog/?page_id=10
>
> How would this help?

From the web page:
> # Allows to delete .ddp files, empty Model and
>   empty __history directories.

> BTW I already have GExperts installed...
I have no idea if GExperts has a similar feature.

--
Marc Rohloff [TeamB]
marc -at- marc rohloff -dot- com
> How would this help?
> I was thinking of some setting that I have not found in Delphi7 to
> enable/disable this behaviour

You will need to DISABLE the following package which can be found
in the Delphi \Bin\ folder  designdgm70.bpl
0
Dennis
9/16/2009 3:46:36 PM
> {quote:title=Bo Berglund wrote:}{quote}
> My Delphi 7 Pro (yes still on the old reliable version) has begun
> creating new files in my projects named *.DDP which seem to be
> connected to forms. When I open such a file I find rubbish which seems
> utterly unneeded.

You at some point turned on modeling support (usually done when you click on the Modeling tab in the Project Manager; if modeling support isn't enabled, the IDE asks you if you want it enabled, and you answer "yes"). If you look in your project's folder, you'll find a sub folder with a name like "ModelSupport_<yourprojectname>".

> How can I get Delphi to stop making these extra files?

First, stop enabling modeling support for your project. <g>

The easiest way to get rid of it is to close your project. Move everything *EXCEPT* your .DPR, .PAS, .DFM, and .RES files (plus any files like images you've added to the folder) from your project's folder, and then reopen the project. Delphi should recreate the .DPROJ and other necessary files.

The alternative is to search all of the configuration files (.DPROJ, .CFG, .DOF, etc.) related to your project and delete anything (including XML nodes) containing the word "Modeling".
0
Ken
9/16/2009 5:19:06 PM
Dennis Passmore wrote:

>designdgm70.bpl

Deleted, thanks!
0
Marius
9/16/2009 5:39:48 PM
On Wed, 16 Sep 2009 08:46:36 -0700, Dennis Passmore wrote:

> You will need to DISABLE the following package which can be found
> in the Delphi \Bin\ folder  designdgm70.bpl

I have heard of issues caused by doing this, specifically with some
Dev Express controls and the ADO components.

--
Marc Rohloff [TeamB]
marc -at- marc rohloff -dot- com
wrote:

>> How would this help?
>> I was thinking of some setting that I have not found in Delphi7 to
>> enable/disable this behaviour
>
>You will need to DISABLE the following package which can be found
>in the Delphi \Bin\ folder  designdgm70.bpl

How is this done? I tried to rename the file by adding .bak to the end
of its name and then start Delphi7, but that caused a mass of error
dialogs that finally made me use TaskManager to kill delphi32.exe

Isn't there a configuration item somewhere that can be used or a
registry setting or SOMETHING?

--

Bo Berglund
Developer in Sweden
On Wed, 16 Sep 2009 10:19:06 -0700, Ken White <> wrote:

>> {quote:title=Bo Berglund wrote:}{quote}
>> My Delphi 7 Pro (yes still on the old reliable version) has begun
>> creating new files in my projects named *.DDP which seem to be
>> connected to forms. When I open such a file I find rubbish which seems
>> utterly unneeded.
>
>You at some point turned on modeling support (usually done when you
>click on the Modeling tab in the Project Manager; if modeling support
>isn't enabled, the IDE asks you if you want it enabled, and you answer
>"yes"). If you look in your project's folder, you'll find a sub folder
>with a name like "ModelSupport_<yourprojectname>".

Never done that or seen such a tab...
Project manager does not sport any tabs at all.

>> How can I get Delphi to stop making these extra files?
>
>First, stop enabling modeling support for your project. <g>

Haven't done so.

>The easiest way to get rid of it is to close your project.
>Move everything *EXCEPT* your .DPR, .PAS, .DFM, and .RES files
>(plus any files like images you've added to the folder) from your
>project's folder, and then reopen the project. Delphi should recreate
>the .DPROJ and other necessary files.
>
>The alternative is to search all of the configuration files (.DPROJ,
No such files exist at all...

>.CFG, .DOF, etc.) related to your project and delete anything
>(including XML nodes) containing the word "Modeling".

Nope, you are probably talking about some *later* Delphi version, but
I am talking about Delphi 7 Pro from 2002.
It does not use any file with an extension longer than 3 chars and
there are definitely no files/folders with "modeling" in their
names....

--

Bo Berglund
Developer in Sweden
> {quote:title=Bo Berglund wrote:}{quote}
> Never done that or seen such a tab...
> Project manager does not sport any tabs at all.

Ummm... Yes, it does. The Project Manager actually has three tabs: One for the Project Manager tree itself, one for Modeling, and one for the Data Explorer. Are you sure you're looking at the Project Manager?

> >> How can I get Delphi to stop making these extra files?
> >
> >First, stop enabling modeling support for your project. <g>
>
> Haven't done so.

Delphi just decided on its own to add the modeling support to your project, then? But has never done that for anyone else in the 7 year history of Delphi 7, according to a Google search?

> >The easiest way to get rid of it is to close your project.
> >Move everything *EXCEPT* your .DPR, .PAS, .DFM, and .RES files
> >(plus any files like images you've added to the folder) from your
> >project's folder, and then reopen the project. Delphi should recreate
> >the .DPROJ and other necessary files.
> >
> >The alternative is to search all of the configuration files (.DPROJ,
> No such files exist at all...

You have no  *.DPR*, *.PAS*, *.DFM*, or *.RES* files? Then you don't have a Delphi project. (I checked an old D7 project, and it indeed does not include a .DPROJ file; I think this was a Delphi 2005 change.)

> >.CFG, .DOF, etc.) related to your project and delete anything
> >(including XML nodes) containing the word "Modeling".
>
> Nope, you are probably talking about some *later* Delphi version, but
> I am talking about Delphi 7 Pro from 2002.
> It does not use any file with an extension longer than 3 chars and
> there are definitely no files/folders with "modeling" in their
> names....

Please read again what I wrote. I did not say anything about modeling *in their names*. I specifically mentioned their *content* - note the extra reminder about *XML nodes*, which are obviously file *content*. And I just checked an old Delphi 7 project that used modeling support, and it does in fact contain the folder I described, as well as some "modeling" entries in the .DPROJ and DSK files.

Open a command window (Start|Run|cmd.exe and press Enter). Change to your project's folder, and type (making the obvious replacement, of course)

{code}
dir <yourprojectname>.*
{code}

For all the files but the .pas, .dcu, and .dfm listed, check and see if anything in the *content* of each of those files mentions "model" or "modeling"; if so, make a copy of the file as a backup and then remove that "model" or "modeling" content from the original.
0
Ken
9/18/2009 5:26:36 PM
Ken White wrote:

> Ummm... Yes, it does. The Project Manager actually has three tabs:
> One for the Project Manager tree itself, one for Modeling, and one
> for the Data Explorer. Are you sure you're looking at the Project
> Manager?

You are getting things wrong here. The modeling and data explorer views
are just docked by default to the project manager, but they are
separate views, not in any way connected to the project manager. And
one can hide them (right-click on the tab, select hide) and reshow them
via the View menu.

--
Peter Below (TeamB)
use the newsgroup archives :

First of all with the IDE running open the Project Options dialog for a default project

Next click on the Packages tab so you can see the Design packages listing

Scroll done till you will see "Borland Module Diagram Editview"

Now uncheck it. When you click OK you will see a bunch of error messages but
just close the ide anyway. Most of the errors really related to packages you mostly
would never use anyway.

Now using the Explorer.exe navigate to the ..\Bin folder and find designdgm70.bpl
and edit its file name by placing a underscore in the file name such as designdgm70_.bpl

Now restart the IDE you still might see some errors on startup but just click NO
to not ever reload them in the future as you will never need them anyway.

Now no more .ddp files will be created as the design diagram package is not loaded.

What this does in the long run is add a entry into the registry under
HKCU\Software\Borland\Delphi\7.0\Disabled IDE Packages of
{rootdir}\Bin\designdgm70.bpl
0
Dennis
9/18/2009 8:05:42 PM
On Fri, 18 Sep 2009 13:05:42 -0700, Dennis Passmore <"DennisP" <>>
wrote:

>Well you started down the right path but you will receive a lot of errors doing it that way.
>
>First of all with the IDE running open the Project Options dialog for a default project
>
>Next click on the Packages tab so you can see the Design packages listing
>
>Scroll done till you will see "Borland Module Diagram Editview"
>
>Now uncheck it. When you click OK you will see a bunch of error messages but
>just close the ide anyway. Most of the errors really related to packages you mostly
>would never use anyway.
>
>Now using the Explorer.exe navigate to the ..\Bin folder and find designdgm70.bpl
>and edit its file name by placing a underscore in the file name such as designdgm70_.bpl
>
>Now restart the IDE you still might see some errors on startup but just click NO
>to not ever reload them in the future as you will never need them anyway.
>
>Now no more .ddp files will be created as the design diagram package is not loaded.
>
>What this does in the long run is add a entry into the registry under
>HKCU\Software\Borland\Delphi\7.0\Disabled IDE Packages of
>{rootdir}\Bin\designdgm70.bpl

Thanks!
At least now I have a valid explanation and means to disable.
But unfortunately Borland seems to have hooked together the ADO
support with this strange package and since I use ADO I cannot disable
it... :-(
So it seems like I have to live with manually deleting these ddp file
now an then.
Sigh.

--

Bo Berglund
Developer in Sweden
Bo Berglund wrote:

>So it seems like I have to live with manually deleting these ddp file
>now an then.

You should install the DDevExtensions from Andreas Hausladen
(http://andy.jgknet.de/blog/?page_id=10) which does this automaticly.

(And it also has the very handy shut up ide option to disable the
irritating "Source modified, rebuild?". I really don't know why this
options has not found its way into the current IDE's (are they blind
and never look at these kinds of plugins? <g>)
0
Marius
9/19/2009 9:25:12 PM
> But unfortunately Borland seems to have hooked together the ADO
> support with this strange package and since I use ADO I cannot disable
> it... :-(

I also use ADO in everything and I have never had a problem
using ADO components after removing that package.
0
Dennis
9/20/2009 1:25:45 PM
On Sun, 20 Sep 2009 06:25:45 -0700, Dennis Passmore <"DennisP" <>>
wrote:

>> But unfortunately Borland seems to have hooked together the ADO
>> support with this strange package and since I use ADO I cannot disable
>> it... :-(
>
>I also use ADO in everything and I have never had a problem
>using ADO components after removing that package.
On my installation it disables the ADODB package if I uncheck this
one....

--

Bo Berglund
Developer in Sweden
Ken White wrote:

> > {quote:title=Bo Berglund wrote:}{quote}
> > Never done that or seen such a tab...
> > Project manager does not sport any tabs at all.
>
> Ummm... Yes, it does. The Project Manager actually has three tabs:

In Delphi 7 Pro (that is what he said he is using) there is modelling?
The D7 Pro project manager has tabs? Does D7 pro have a project manager
at all? (long time ago, sorry).

"You can only find truth with logic if you have already found
 truth without it." -- Gilbert Keith Chesterton (1874-1936)
0
Rudy
9/20/2009 11:23:50 PM
Rudy Velthuis (TeamB) wrote:

> Ken White wrote:
>
> > > {quote:title=Bo Berglund wrote:}{quote}
> > > Never done that or seen such a tab...
> > > Project manager does not sport any tabs at all.
> >
> > Ummm... Yes, it does. The Project Manager actually has three tabs:
>
> In Delphi 7 Pro (that is what he said he is using) there is modelling?

No, not really, but there is something called Diagrams.

> The D7 Pro project manager has tabs?

No.

> Does D7 pro have a project manager at all?

It sure does.

> (long time ago, sorry).

It sure is.

;-)

--
Pieter

"Man has no right to kill his brother. It is no excuse that he
 does so in uniform: he only adds the infamy of servitude to
 the crime of murder." -- Percy Bysshe Shelley
0
Pieter

How to stop Delphi 7 from making ddp files?
I am greatly annoyed about some strange "portfolio" files named *.ddp that have started to appear in my project directories. They did not appear in the past but now they seem to pop up all the time.... Where is the setting that stops this from happening? Notice that I am on Delphi7Pro, NOT Delphi2007.... -- Bo Berglund Developer in Sweden Bo Berglund wrote: > I am greatly annoyed about some strange "portfolio" files named *.ddp > that have started to appear in my project directories. They did not > appear in the past but now they seem to pop up al...

Delphi 7 to Delphi XE2

Delphi 2007 to Delphi 7

Delphi 7 to Delphi XE

I wrote an application and used cracked delphi 7, after i bought delphi 7
I wrote an application and used cracked delphi 7, I sold it, after i bought delphi 7 and recompiled application, is now my application legal or? > {quote:title=Ivan Ivanov wrote:}{quote} > I wrote an application and used cracked delphi 7, I sold it, after i bought delphi 7 and recompiled application, is now my application legal or? "I embezzled some money from my employer, returned the funds, and then got it back as a bonus. Can I still be arrested?" Uhhh .... didn't you just confess to a crime? > {quote:title=Ivan Ivanov wrote:}{quote} > I wrote an appli...

Moving from Delphi 7 to Delphi 2007
Is there any compelling reason to move (quite a large project) from Delphi 7 to Delphi 2007? Specifically, is there better Vista/Win7/Win8 integration provided by Delphi 2007? (In the project I am already using a custom manifest file for Vista/Win7 etc.. and not the std XPMan component) Does 2007 add any new bugs to the scene? Thanks Rael Rael wrote: > Is there any compelling reason to move (quite a large project) from > Delphi 7 to Delphi 2007? If you are going to upgrade, why not upgrade to something newer? > In the project I am already using a custom man...

Delphi 7 to Delphi 2009 conversion

Migrating from Delphi 7 to Delphi XE3

Migrating From Delphi 7 to Delphi 2010

Unofficial Delphi 7 updates
Anybody noticed, even tried this Enhanced Run Time library for Delphi ? It's a hack of the D7 RTL/VCL http://blog.synopse.info/post/2009/12/20/Enhanced-Run-Time-library-for-Delphi-7 It's very interesting and I'd like to know it's stability. Edwin Ye wrote: > Anybody noticed, even tried this Enhanced Run Time library for Delphi > ? It's a hack of the D7 RTL/VCL This library violates Delphi's license (redistributing of RTL/VCL source files is not allowed). The last post was deleted and I'm sure this one will be deleted, too. -- Andreas H...

Using Delphi 7 and Delphi 2010

Delphi 2007 RTL in Delphi 7

Can delphi 2009 and delphi 7 be on the same computer?
Can I install and run delphi 2009 and delphi 7 separately on the same computer or will they interfer with each other? I have delpi 7 already so do I need to choose a new folder (not c:\Borland) when installing 2009? Lorne Anderson wrote: > Can I install and run delphi 2009 and delphi 7 separately on the same > computer or will they interfer with each other? > > I have delpi 7 already so do I need to choose a new folder (not c:\Borland) > when installing 2009? It works fine. You usually want to install the older version first. As for folders, the root folde...

Web resources about - How to stop Delphi 7 from creating DDP files? - embarcadero.delphi.general

Wikipedia:Creating a bot - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
It is often far simpler to request a bot job from an existing bot. If you have only periodic requests or are uncomfortable with programming languages, ...

Sandi Krakowski’s Tips for Creating Great Content
Quick tips to help you create great content for your business.

Bug - Creating a Video.Watches Action stopped working - Facebook-Entwickler
Since today executing a POST on a me/video.wacthes endpoints no longer works, it was working around 10 hours ago since then the call always returns ...

Facebook simplifies process for creating repeat events
Facebook introduced a new feature for events this week that allows users to quickly create a similar event as one they previously hosted or attended. ...

The Obama campaign won by creating their own Facebook, with unique features for political campaigns.
... seen as too dangerous to nominate someone who is so thoroughly narcissistic, arrogant and dishonest. The Obama campaign won basically by creating ...

Creating A Road Map To Market Your Startup
Spreading the word can be challenging when you’re new to an industry, don’t have a big budget, and have little helpbut it’s possible.You’ll need ...

Dance Machine - The Fun Video Editor for Creating Music Videos to share on Instagram, Facebook, Vine ...
Get Dance Machine - The Fun Video Editor for Creating Music Videos to share on Instagram, Facebook, Vine, and Twitter on the App Store. See screenshots ...

Creating Economic Dynamism: Joseph E. Stiglitz
DAVOS/SWITZERLAND, 25JAN13 - Joseph E. Stiglitz, Professor, Columbia University, USA talks during the session 'Creating Economic Dynamism' at ...

YouTube - Super Human Abilities: Tila Tequila Creating Energy Balls & Electricity Out of Thin Air!
Veröffentlicht am 24.04.2013 Hey Guys! For a long time now I have been able to do some pretty supernatural things that most would consider "SUPER ...