First!

Which suits me well. <g>
--
Rudy Velthuis [TeamB]        http://www.teamb.com

"It is practically imposible to teach good programming to
 students that have had a prior exposure to BASIC: as potential
 programmers they are mentally mutilated beyond hope of
 regeneration." -- Edsger Dijkstra
0
Rudy

Am Sat, 9 Aug 2008 11:06:17 -0700 schrieb Rudy Velthuis:

> Which suits me well. <g>
You are missing TeamB or TeamE or what else.... in your From ;-)

--
cu,
Michael
Michael Fritz wrote:

> Am Sat, 9 Aug 2008 11:06:17 -0700 schrieb Rudy Velthuis:
>
> > Which suits me well. <g>

> You are missing TeamB or TeamE or what else.... in your From ;-)

I know. I am still lookiong for a way to add it. Seems the Jive forums
simply use my community name (but not my community email address), no
matter what I specify.

--
Rudy Velthuis        http://rvelthuis.de

"Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it
 everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong
 remedies." -- Groucho Marx
0
Rudy
8/9/2008 6:36:03 PM
"Rudy Velthuis" <newsgroups@rvelthuis.de> wrote in message
Michael Fritz wrote:

> Am Sat, 9 Aug 2008 11:06:17 -0700 schrieb Rudy Velthuis:

I know. I am still lookiong for a way to add it. Seems the Jive forums
simply use my community name (but not my community email address), no
matter what I specify.

I must be in the wrong place.. No SB yet!

--
Rudy Velthuis        http://rvelthuis.de

"Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it
 everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong
 remedies." -- Groucho Marx
0
Michael
8/11/2008 3:08:52 AM
Michael Fritz wrote:

I know. I am still lookiong for a way to add it. Seems the Jive forums
simply use my community name (but not my community email address), no
matter what I specify.

  Looks like the server grabs the Full Name from the db instead of the email
client username.

--
Rudy Velthuis        http://rvelthuis.de

"Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it
 everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong
 remedies." -- Groucho Marx
0
Michael
8/11/2008 3:11:22 AM
Michael Byerley wrote:

> "Rudy Velthuis" <newsgroups@rvelthuis.de> wrote in message
> Michael Fritz wrote:
>

> I know. I am still lookiong for a way to add it. Seems the Jive forums
> simply use my community name (but not my community email address), no
> matter what I specify.
> >

>   Looks like the server grabs the Full Name from the db instead of
> the email client username.

Exactly.

--
Rudy Velthuis        http://rvelthuis.de

"Raymond's Law of Software: Given a sufficiently large number of
 eyeballs, all bugs are shallow." -- Eric S. Raymond
0
Rudy
8/11/2008 10:24:13 AM
"Rudy Velthuis (TeamB)" <newsgroups@rvelthuis.de> wrote in message
Michael Byerley wrote:

> "Rudy Velthuis" <newsgroups@rvelthuis.de> wrote in message
> Michael Fritz wrote:
>

> I know. I am still lookiong for a way to add it. Seems the Jive forums
> simply use my community name (but not my community email address), no
> matter what I specify.
> >

>   Looks like the server grabs the Full Name from the db instead of
> the email client username.

>Exactly.

Oh wait... If you actually have to have a legal copy of Codegear product and be
a registered member to login, then there won't be any SB..

I think I just got religion.

--
Rudy Velthuis        http://rvelthuis.de

"Raymond's Law of Software: Given a sufficiently large number of
 eyeballs, all bugs are shallow." -- Eric S. Raymond
0
Michael
8/11/2008 11:32:48 AM
Michael Byerley wrote:

> Oh wait... If you actually have to have a legal copy of Codegear product and be
> a registered member to login, then there won't be any SB..

Do you have to have a registered CodeGear product to be able to register
a Developer Network account? I think not...?

Kjell
Kjell Rilbe
Home: +46 8 7610734
Cell: +46 733 442464
"If there's a price for bein' me, that's one I'll have to pay"
Aaron Tippin
Kjell
8/11/2008 12:13:35 PM
"Kjell Rilbe" <firstname@lastname.se> wrote in message
> Do you have to have a registered CodeGear product to be able to register
> a Developer Network account? I think not...?

No, but I can't imagine many wanting to register an account unless they
have, or are at least considering purchasing, a product.

--
Wayne Niddery - TeamB (www.teamb.com)
Winwright, Inc. (www.winwright.ca)
Michael Byerley wrote:

> Oh wait... If you actually have to have a legal copy of Codegear product and
> be
> a registered member to login, then there won't be any SB..

Do you have to have a registered CodeGear product to be able to register
a Developer Network account? I think not...?

  Sorry.. I was following the tract that the server was using my Full Name from
registering back with Ver 2 Delphi as an indicator that product ownership was a
requirement, but that would seem counter productive.

Kjell
Kjell Rilbe
Home: +46 8 7610734
Cell: +46 733 442464
"If there's a price for bein' me, that's one I'll have to pay"
Aaron Tippin
Michael
8/11/2008 2:48:51 PM
Kjell Rilbe wrote:

> Michael Byerley wrote:
>
> > Oh wait... If you actually have to have a legal copy of Codegear
> > product and be a registered member to login, then there won't be
> > any SB..
>
> Do you have to have a registered CodeGear product to be able to
> register a Developer Network account?

No.

"One morning I shot a bear in my pajamas. How it got into my
 pajamas I'll never know."
 -- Groucho Marx
0
Rudy
8/11/2008 6:07:32 PM
Rudy,

| Which suits me well. <g>

Don't have a clue what you're typing about. (?)

02/03/2014 09:06:39

1.19.1.372  [Q'sBrokenToolBar] [Running on TQ]
0
Quentin

What generals generally do

My First Delphi ^^
I would like to thank Nick Hodges because he is a really cool guy in the contacts (Michael Rozlog, too). A year ago, I wanted to beg a free edition of CodeGear Delphi 2009. After my 8 years of using Delphi (since D6PE), and the rejection of my efforts for receiving the free version (as a technology partner) today - a success. First, I wanted to go to the C++, C #, but the quality of Delphi (as a language and as an IDE), proved to be overwhelming. Secondly, I said to myself: "Damn, man, show that you have eggs and get legal Delphi". Several months effort to get a grant from the Eur...

delphi.general
Sorry if this is "out of topic"! but since some days ago I can't read the group *embarcadero.public.delphi.language.delphi.general* Does anybody know if there's something wrong with it? Or maybe is my reader? (Thunderbird) I get this messagge when I try to read the latest messages: Error! newsgroup server responded:no such article found Perhaps the article has expired <692702@forums.embarcadero.com> (33145) Click here to remove all expired articles sergio wrote: > Sorry if this is "out of topic"! but since some days ago I can'...

general first view
Name: Berend Product: Firefox 2 Beta 2 Summary: general first view Comments: Add: removable 'go' button removable 'search' button sizeable search field no fancy tabbar add a javascript debug() function to output to console. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1b2) Gecko/20060821 Firefox/2.0b2 ...

delphi.general Timer
This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --JivePart=_202d5.zeB8CwDOH5aMJzMl Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Utf-8" For Paolo Valle --JivePart=_202d5.zeB8CwDOH5aMJzMl Content-Type: application/octet-stream; name="SubroutineTimer.pas" Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64 Content-Disposition: attachment; filename="SubroutineTimer.pas" dW5pdCBTdWJyb3V0aW5lVGltZXI7DQoNCmludGVyZmFjZQ0KDQpwcm9jZWR1cmUgU3RhcnRTdWJy b3V0aW5lVGltZXI7DQpmdW5jdGlvbiBHZXRTdWJSb...

General Feedback
Name: Luke Rowe Product: Gran Paradiso Summary: General Feedback - First impressions Comments: Remember, this is just my opinion guys :) First off, I like the new layout, it has a slightly more Vista feel to it, and as much as I despise Vista, it does look very sleek. And I LOVE the new back button! My only criticism is the home button; I just preferred the old one. I also like the new drop-down bar for things like asking to remember a password, I'd like to see that used for more things :) I encountered a few problems early on. The first was it failed to directly in...

Delphi 2010: First Preview
See for yourself at http://windwings.wordpress.com/2009/08/04/rad-studio-2010-first-preview/ Your reaction? :-) -- m. Th. On the Wings of the Wind... http://windwings.wordpress.com/ "m. Th." wrote in message <news:144917@forums.codegear.com>: > See for yourself at > > http://windwings.wordpress.com/2009/08/04/rad-studio-2010-first-preview/ > > Your reaction? :-) my reaction? No new fixes for D2009... -- cu, Michael "m. Th." <a@b.com> wrote in message news:144917@forums.codegear.com... > See for yourself a...

Delphi 2009 first impressions
Yes, I'm a bit late to the game and you've probably already done this, but I tried the D2009 trial for the last couple of days and played with the Ribbon control. Ribbon control seems pretty flaky and requires a lot more debugging and made easier to use. As well as flickering on resize and as the mouse goes over the edges of spinedits, Delphi came up with AV and division by zero errors 4 times (requiring Delphi restarts). One time it locked up completely and I had to End Task it. D2007 has been a lot more stable on this machine, so I hope its just this component. I al...

Delphi XE3 first impressions
I've just started using a trial version of Delphi XE3 for a new project and must say that the IDE feels better than XE2. Its a little bit smoother and even noticeably faster. However one thing that caught me off-guard is that even though you can make the form designer non-embedded by editing the registry setting, the editor remains permanently embedded. Overall better experience than XE2. I guess XE4 must be even better then..? I hope to find out some day soon. -- Steve Faleiro "Steve Faleiro" <stevef199@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:595194@forums.embarc...

MurMurHash2 for Delphi First Go
Hello, Here is my first try of implementing MurMurHash2. Ported from Davy Landman's C# version. I am not at all sure that this works correctly at all. Pointers and Bit manipulation is more that unknown territory for me. But as Davy pointed out, it is an Challenge. Hopefully someone takes this first try and refines it (Surely this can be refined). Some code Ugliness is there because I just had problems with simple pointer stuff, that seemed correct to me but clearly causeed Access Violations (So my proof that it was utterly Wrong). My simple test program points out tha...

First things first
--============_-1157228091==_============ Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii" ; format="flowed" Attached is DateTime.diff. This file contains extensions to DateTime to allow it to match the outputs of the ICU project. Strftime has also been patched to allow one to use methods as strftime tokens: '%H' returns the same as '%{hour}' Once Dave has approved this patch, or at least the names of the new methods, I can provide Richard Evans with the convertor file for the ICU locales and I can prepare the new strptime, removing the custo...

Delphi and Delphi for .Net

EVarriantTypeCast error delphi language general
I uploaded above subject to the attachment space.with test.zip. If somebody coul have a look at the test i prepared. Since overall QuickReport does work, i could not guess what is going on here. Thanks in advance to have a look at the attached test i made and hopefully somebody can find the issue. Regards. Lieven Hi xxx, If nothing works, it could mean that somewhere a mistake was made.lol. For the uploaded to public attachment test.zip solution below. Regards Lieven {Sql code} QryPtDat1.Sql.Clear; QryPtDat1.Sql.Add('SELECT D."Names", ...

My first iOS app with Delphi XE4
Hello I just made a video from my first iOS app that I made with Delphi XE4: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_lEPpp7oeA This is a software that "turns" your iPhone into a security camera, streaming live video from the iPhone camera to Digifort camera surveillance system (Also compiled in XE4). I took about 2 weeks to finish the app (Including the time to learn the Firemonkey for iOS), but now I'm just waiting apple developer to be online again in order to send my app for approval Comments are appreciated! Eric Fleming Bonilha wrote: > Comments are appreciated...

General bootstrap questions: Delphi 7, pascal
Hi, This might be a bit inchoherant. I am sorry of that is the case but I have inherited a collection of languishing Delphi Projects in Pascal. I do not know Pascal and this is nearly my into to Delphi. Delphi 7 is running in a Windows XP VirtualMachine instance. The project in question uses several third party libraries / tools. Basically, I don't know where to start so I'll start at the beginning and hope you guys can help. I first inherited these projects almost two years ago. For the most part they work. There is one project, however, that needs to have a few "mag...

Web resources about - First! - embarcadero.delphi.general

Could Kelly Thiebaud and Bryan Craig Have Baby On The Way? ‘GH’ Stars Tweet Has Fans Curious
Even though Kelly Thiebaud has left General Hospital the star is still linked to the show. Kelly is engaged to get married to Bryan Craig, who ...

NBC Poll: Clinton Would Trounce Trump But Lose to Rubio, Carson
NBCNews.com NBC Poll: Clinton Would Trounce Trump But Lose to Rubio, Carson NBCNews.com Hillary Clinton would defeat Ted Cruz and trounce ...

The Paris Climate Change Deal Might Be The Start Of Something
There was a lot of excitement yesterday when the UN's climate deal document was released. My town's very environmentally-inclined mayor, Eric ...

Russia fires on Turkish ship to 'avoid collision' in Aegean Sea
CNN Russia fires on Turkish ship to 'avoid collision' in Aegean Sea CNN (CNN) A Russian warship has fired warning shots at a Turkish boat ...

Taylor Swift and her doppelgänger finally met when she toured Australia
Being mistaken for Taylor Swift is something Olivia Sturgiss knows all too well. Hailing from New South Wales, Australia, Sturgiss is a 19-year-old ...

Jose Aldo translator criticised for UFC 194 post-fight mistakes - McGregor vs Aldo video
THE translator has come under fire after his sloppy job in the post-fight interview made beaten champion Jose Aldo look like a sore loser.

Deputies In Lynwood Fired 33 Bullets At Suspect Captain Says Was Armed With ...
CBS Local Deputies In Lynwood Fired 33 Bullets At Suspect Captain Says Was Armed With ... CBS Local LYNWOOD (CBSLA.com) — Sheriff's deputies ...

Canal Plus Faces French Subs, Profits Decline, Per Report
Dented by its eroding French pay-TV business, profitability at Canal Plus Group (CPG), Europe’s second biggest pay TV operator, will continue ...

Mae Whitman Missing From ‘Independence Day’ Sequel Upsets Fans On Twitter
Actress Mae Whitman is not reprising her role in the upcoming Independence Day sequel and a lot of people on Twitter are not happy about it. ...

Saudi Arabia Needs EMILY's List... And France Needs To Remember How Bad Fascism Is
France was an absolute monarchy in 1302 when the aristocracy (including ecclesiastics) forced a semi-parliament, the Estates-General, on the ...