Finding cause of EInvalidOp in Delphi 5 program?

Hi all,
    I am attempting to prototype a 2d game with Delphi 5 using SDL, but I am
getting a EInvalidOp dialog box like so:

---------------------------
Application Error
---------------------------
Exception EInvalidOp in module ship_arena.exe at 000027DE.
Invalid floating point operation.
---------------------------
OK
---------------------------

Any ideas as to how I can track down the error?
Cheers,
Paul.

"The plastic veneer of civilization is easily melted in the heat of the
moment" - Paul Nicholls.
paulfnicholls@gmail.NOSPAM.com

Remove ".NOSPAM" to reply.
0
Paul

"Paul Nicholls" <paul_nicholls@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi all,
>    I am attempting to prototype a 2d game with Delphi 5 using SDL, but I
> am getting a EInvalidOp dialog box like so:
>
> ---------------------------
> Application Error
> ---------------------------
> Exception EInvalidOp in module ship_arena.exe at 000027DE.
> Invalid floating point operation.
> ---------------------------
> OK
> ---------------------------
>
> Any ideas as to how I can track down the error?
> Cheers,
> Paul.
>
> "The plastic veneer of civilization is easily melted in the heat of the
> moment" - Paul Nicholls.
> paulfnicholls@gmail.NOSPAM.com
>
> Remove ".NOSPAM" to reply.

Nevermind, I found the problem...

I wasn't initializing two 4d vector (x,y,z,w) with 0 and 1 for z and w
respectively prior to multiplying the vectors by a matrix!

I was only doing 2d graphics at the moment and had forgotten to do this :(

Now all is well :)

cheers,
Paul
0
Paul

Delphi 5 To Delphi 2009

Delphi 5 to Delphi XE4

Delphi 5 to Delphi 6 and up

Upgrading to Delphi 2009 from Delphi 5

Delphi 5 to Delphi 6 conversion
Hi We are moving our product from D5 to D6. I have dealt with all the deprecated functions. However, we are getting various platform specifc warnings. These include: Symbol 'FileGetAttr' is specific to a platform Symbol 'FileSetAttr' is specific to a platform Symbol 'faReadOnly' is specific to a platform We want this conversion to be carried out correctly. We don't view the simple solution of switching off those warnings or symbols as being the correct way. What we want is the same platform independence as other functions. For example, all o...

Migration from Delphi 5 to Delphi 2005
Hi, Currently we are using Delphi 5 in that we have lot of source file now we planned to migrate from Delphi 5 to Delphi 2005. My question is - 1. Is it possible to migrate directly from Delphi 5 to Delphi 2005, my old code was developed using Delphi 5 IDE. Can we able to compile and build without any issue in Delphi 2005? 2. If we can able to do then what are the ways to migrate to Delphi 2005 IDE and also provide some link regarding this migrate? Thanks, Rizwan Rizwan Ahmed schrieb: > Hi, Currently we are using Delphi 5 in that we have lot of source > f...

package conversion from Delphi 5 to Delphi 2010
Hello, I am evaluating 2010 to convert a delphi 5 app up. My first task is to convert some custom control packages. My requires statment looks like this: requires vcl50, Vclx50, VclSmp50, Vcldb50, vcljpg50, What are the delphi 2010 equivalents if any? Is there documentation that I could look at to help with the conversion process? Thanks.. ...Joe.. joe alaimo wrote: > requires > vcl50, > Vclx50, > VclSmp50, > Vcldb50, > vcljpg50, 140 is the 2010 version. > > What are the delphi 2010 equivalents if any? Is t...

Delphi and 5.5
Hello! I work with Delphi5 and SQL Anywhere 5.5 for DBMS-applications developing. There are 2 questions. 1. For desktop application. I'd like to include necessary files of SQL Anywhere into distribution to make installation procedure most simpler for user. Which files of SQL Anywhere should I put into installational package and also which additions should I make in Windows registry? 2. How can I register DB alias in ODBC? 3. The same for CS-application. Is it possible at all? TIA I believe all your questions about SQL Anywhere can be answered by reading the on-...

Delphi 5 (string[80]) vs Delphi XE
Hi guys i'm trying to convert a old application made with Delphi 5 to Delphi XE 5 The probleme i have right now is about String[80] and the Read / Write procedure i have a type like that Type TEnrMess = record Mess : String[80]; MessSuiv : Word; Hint : Word; end; And i read/write this type to a File of TEnrMess My probleme is that the string have changed from Delphi 5 to Delphi XE i join the link of a simple of the probleme that can be compiled on delphi 5 and any Delphi XE https://mega.co.nz/#!wV1VyZzY!1ha5oOxTg7L1WJAOXutUygkj...

Project Manager Delphi 2007 vs Delphi 5
I am in the midst of moving from Delphi 5 to Delphi 2007. I have a .BAT file that I use to do some post processing on the executable after it is built. In Delphi 5, I just added the .BAT file to the project manager. Then when I wanted to execute the .BAT file I just right clicked its entry in the project manager and selected Execute. There doesn't seem to be anyway to add the .BAT file to the project manager in Delphi 2007. How can I set up something similar to what I had in Delphi 5? I thought about using a Post Build event but I don't necessarily want to execute the .BAT fi...

Memory usage in Delphi 2007 vs. Delphi 5
Going from Delphi 5 to Delphi 2007 and finding something way unexpected. The reportedly *same code, and same data,* uses about 104 MB in Delphi 5 and about 400 MB in Delphi 2007 according to the Windows Task Manager. Now, I know that it is not the most accurate way of measuring memory usage, but it gives us an idea of the proportion of memory use in Delphi 2007. Before we go deeper, we just created 20,000 objects and added them to an object list in Delphi 5 and 2007. The result in memory use still looks like 50 MB (Delphi 5) to 178 MB (Delphi 2007). We've downloaded ...

Win32 program: Delphi 7 vs Delphi XE5

Web resources about - Finding cause of EInvalidOp in Delphi 5 program? - embarcadero.delphi.general