Delphi 7 - Windows 7 Enterprise - Runtime Form Creation Not Always Visible

I have a legacy application that on some (not all) Windows 7 Enterprise installations fails to show a runtime created grandchild form (Parent Form creates Child Form, Child Form creates GrandChild Form).

The GrandChild form is created correctly and on application close (which closes the GrandChild form) asks for my GrandChild form "Save / Cancel" close instructions.

As per numerous posts I have implemented the following:-

procedure Tfrm.CreateParams(var Params: TCreateParams);
begin
  inherited CreateParams(Params);
  //
  params.WndParent:= Screen.ActiveForm.Handle;
  if (params.WndParent <> 0) and (IsIconic(params.WndParent) or not IsWindowVisible(params.WndParent) or not IsWindowEnabled(params.WndParent)) then begin
    params.WndParent:= 0;
  end;
  //
  if params.WndParent = 0 then begin
    params.WndParent:= Application.Handle;
  end;
  //
  if ForceToTopFlag = True then begin
    Params.ExStyle:= Params.ExStyle or WS_EX_TOPMOST;
  end;
  //
  MessageDlg(IntToStr(params.WndParent)+' : '+IntToStr(Screen.ActiveForm.Handle)+' : '+IntToStr(Application.Handle), mtInformation, [mbOK], 0);
  //
end;

MessageDlg shows valid handle assigned, however, elsewhere in my application a test of "frm.HasParent" returns False - why ??? Can I set this readonly property to True ???

I am at my whits end, can someone please advise how to resolve this non showing form issue ?

I have even tried to disable ghosting but still no showing of this GrandChild Form.

procedure TfrmMain.DisableProcessWindowsGhosting;
var
  DisableProcessWindowsGhostingProc: procedure;
begin
  DisableProcessWindowsGhostingProc:= GetProcAddress(GetModuleHandle('user32.dll'), 'DisableProcessWindowsGhosting');
  if Assigned(DisableProcessWindowsGhostingProc) then begin
    DisableProcessWindowsGhostingProc;
  end;
end;

Thanks in advance.

Andrew Hill
0
Andrew

I wrote an application and used cracked delphi 7, after i bought delphi 7
I wrote an application and used cracked delphi 7, I sold it, after i bought delphi 7 and recompiled application, is now my application legal or? > {quote:title=Ivan Ivanov wrote:}{quote} > I wrote an application and used cracked delphi 7, I sold it, after i bought delphi 7 and recompiled application, is now my application legal or? "I embezzled some money from my employer, returned the funds, and then got it back as a bonus. Can I still be arrested?" Uhhh .... didn't you just confess to a crime? > {quote:title=Ivan Ivanov wrote:}{quote} > I wrote an appli...

Unofficial Delphi 7 updates
Anybody noticed, even tried this Enhanced Run Time library for Delphi ? It's a hack of the D7 RTL/VCL http://blog.synopse.info/post/2009/12/20/Enhanced-Run-Time-library-for-Delphi-7 It's very interesting and I'd like to know it's stability. Edwin Ye wrote: > Anybody noticed, even tried this Enhanced Run Time library for Delphi > ? It's a hack of the D7 RTL/VCL This library violates Delphi's license (redistributing of RTL/VCL source files is not allowed). The last post was deleted and I'm sure this one will be deleted, too. -- Andreas H...

Delphi 2007 to Delphi 7

Delphi 7 to Delphi XE2

Delphi 7 to Delphi XE

Using Delphi 7 and Delphi 2010

Migrating from Delphi 7 to Delphi XE3

Migrating From Delphi 7 to Delphi 2010

Delphi 2007 RTL in Delphi 7

Delphi 7 to Delphi 2009 conversion

Delphi 7 on Wiindows 7 and breakpoints
Hi, I have Delphi7 on Windows 7 installed. I took ownership of my C:\Program Files (x86)\Borland folder therefore I'm not using Virtual Store for this purpose. Suddenly, all new projects ignore breakpoints, meaning I can not debug. The red dot representing a break point change to a red dot with a cross, the moment I compile and run. However, existing older projects do stop at breakpoints. Please help? Regards, Nols Smit ...

Moving from Delphi 7 to Delphi 2007
Is there any compelling reason to move (quite a large project) from Delphi 7 to Delphi 2007? Specifically, is there better Vista/Win7/Win8 integration provided by Delphi 2007? (In the project I am already using a custom manifest file for Vista/Win7 etc.. and not the std XPMan component) Does 2007 add any new bugs to the scene? Thanks Rael Rael wrote: > Is there any compelling reason to move (quite a large project) from > Delphi 7 to Delphi 2007? If you are going to upgrade, why not upgrade to something newer? > In the project I am already using a custom man...

Migrating to Delphi XE from Delphi 7.0
Below is my code in Delphi 7.0, this is how to call another units in webmodule... Hello All, I create a web application in Delphi 7.0, using the Web Server Application, CGI, IntraWeb 7.0.15. And I used TIWPageProducer to view like this url "http://localhost/mcr/mcr.exe/main". I built and run. I viewed in thru IIS and it is running... This is my code in Delphi 7.0 .... .... procedure TWebModule1.proMainGetForm(ASender: TIWPageProducer; AWebApplication: TIWApplication; var VForm: TIWPageForm); begin VForm := TfrmMain.Create(AWebApplication); end;...

Question about Delphi 2009 vs Delphi 7
Hi, I was wondering if any of you can point me to a URLs that show the most important improvements between these versions of Delphi. The objective is convincing the powers-that-pay-the-bills that moving to D2009 (that we'd have to purchase) is a better idea than moving to D7 (for which we have licenses). Fire at will! -- Saluti, Alessandro Federici ------------------------------- "I have been through some terrible things in my life, some of which actually happened." (Mark Twain) Alessandro Federici wrote: > Hi, > I was wondering if any of yo...

Delphi 7 Pro to Delphi XE2
Hi All I'm porting a project from Delphi 7 Pro to Delphi XE2 and have notice the VersionInfo "Release" and "Build" not being extracted correctly. Should be "1.2.3.4" but is getting "1.2.6150.4567" I'm using the following to extract the VersionInfo and works ok in Delphi 7 but doesnt get the "Release" and "Build" info when used in Delphi XE2. function GetVersion : string; { --------------------------------------------------------- Extracts the FileVersion element of the VERSIONINFO structure that Delphi ma...

Web resources about - Delphi 7 - Windows 7 Enterprise - Runtime Form Creation Not Always Visible - embarcadero.delphi.general

Enterprise Apps Today - CRM, business intelligence and ERP news and research
News and research on CRM, business intelligence, ERP, supply chain management and other enterprise applications.

The Enterprise, MA News - Brockton, MA - The Enterprise
Was Keith Luke insane when he went on a rampage in Brockton on Jan. 21, 2009, killing two people and wounding another? Catch up on what people ...

VoIP Business, VoIP Technology, VoIP Security - Fierce Enterprise Communications
Visit FierceVoIP for the latest updates in VoIP business, unified communications, VoIP technology, mobile VoIP, VoIP security and more VoIP news. ...

HP Enterprise Services - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
HP Enterprise Services is the global business and technology services division of Hewlett Packard 's HP Enterprise Business strategic business ...

Nimble Plunges 31% as Q4 Rev View Misses by a Mile; CEO Cites Enterprise Disappointment
... net loss per share, and forecast this quarter’s results well below consensus, citing a lag in the effort to break into enterprise sales. Nimble's ...

SecuSUITE for Enterprise enables secure calling and messaging
BlackBerry and its subsidiary Secusmart have announced the release of SecuSUITE for Enterprise, a new voice encryption solution that protects ...

Cisco acquiring UK-based Acano to bolster enterprise video products - Silicon Valley Business Journal ...
The San Jose-based networking giant is paying $700 million in cash and equity for the privately held maker of video and audio technology.

Mind Enterprises ready debut LP 'Idealistic," share title track
by Bill Pearis Italian artist Mind Enterprises, who released the single "Chapita" recently, has revealed his debut album, titled Idealistic, ...

HP Enterprise hands Windows 10 a vote of confidence
HP Enterprise's decision to expand its partnership with Microsoft this week is a vote of confidence in Windows 10, an analyst said today. "Everything ...

Apple is bullish on growing its enterprise business in India
Apple is targeting the corporate world in India in an effort to try and grow its business there, according to a new report. With a population ...