[Delphi 2007] Fake code-errors in Code-Editor

Hi,

I'm facing following problem: sometimes (w/o visible reason) IDE marks portions of my unit's code as erroneous (mostly "undeclared identifier" in "structure" window) despite code is OK. It's enough to delete one empty line from the code and everything backs to normal. Of course despite of error messages code compiles sucessfully.

Anyone faced such behaviour ?

My version is 11.0.2902.10471 wirh dec 2007 update installed ,OS is XP SP3

Thanks in advance

Mati.
0
Mateusz

Mateusz Kaleta wrote :

> I'm facing following problem: sometimes (w/o visible reason) IDE marks portions
> of my unit's code as erroneous (mostly "undeclared identifier" in "structure"
> window) despite code is OK.
> [...]
> Anyone faced such behaviour ?

Yes, it is a well known annoyance...

Regards.
0
Sertac
7/9/2009 12:22:44 PM
> {quote:title=Mateusz Kaleta wrote:}{quote}
> I'm facing following problem: sometimes (w/o visible reason) IDE marks portions of my unit's code as erroneous (mostly "undeclared identifier" in "structure" window) despite code is OK. It's enough to delete one empty line from the code and everything backs to normal. Of course despite of error messages code compiles sucessfully.

This is a known issue with an IDE feature called "Error Insight". The issues can usually be fixed in one of two ways:

1. Go to Tools|Options and disable Error Insight.

2. Add the units containing the components that cause the wavy lines to your project using Project|Add to Project. This is a pain, though, as you end up adding a lot to your project.

BTW, for future reference: this question has absolutely nothing to do with the Delphi language. It's an IDE related question, and really should have been in the IDE forum. Posting your question to the proper forum gives you a much better chance of getting an answer. :-)
0
Ken
7/9/2009 1:45:40 PM
> {quote:title=Ken White wrote:}{quote}
> > {quote:title=Mateusz Kaleta wrote:}{quote}
> > I'm facing following problem: sometimes (w/o visible reason) IDE marks portions of my unit's code as erroneous (mostly "undeclared identifier" in "structure" window) despite code is OK. It's enough to delete one empty line from the code and everything backs to normal. Of course despite of error messages code compiles sucessfully.
> >

> This is a known issue with an IDE feature called "Error Insight". The issues can usually be fixed in one of two ways:
>
> 1. Go to Tools|Options and disable Error Insight.
>
> 2. Add the units containing the components that cause the wavy lines to your project using Project|Add to Project. This is a pain, though, as you end up adding a lot to your project.
>
> BTW, for future reference: this question has absolutely nothing to do with the Delphi language. It's an IDE related question, and really should have been in the IDE forum. Posting your question to the proper forum gives you a much better chance of getting an answer. :-)

Hi,

Indeed, I also spotted my mistake, but I was unable to move the thread to IDE section.

My fault, sorry :-)
0
Mateusz
7/10/2009 11:59:25 AM
> {quote:title=Mateusz Kaleta wrote:}{quote}
> Indeed, I also spotted my mistake, but I was unable to move the thread to IDE section.
>
> My fault, sorry :-)

No apology needed. :-) Just trying to help for next time.
0
Ken
7/10/2009 1:11:44 PM
> {quote:title=Mateusz Kaleta wrote:}{quote}
> Hi,
>
> Indeed, I also spotted my mistake, but I was unable to move the thread to IDE section.
>
> My fault, sorry :-)

Which brings up a question: why can't I move my own posts? Why can't I delete my own posts?

Using the web forum, to be precise.

BB
0
Pietia
7/10/2009 2:08:51 PM
> {quote:title=blah blah blah blah wrote:}{quote}
> Which brings up a question: why can't I move my own posts? Why can't I delete my own posts?
>
> Using the web forum, to be precise.

I believe you can delete your posts using NNTP, if that's any help. AFAIK, it's not implemented in the web interface, and I don't know if there are plans to do so.
0
Ken
7/10/2009 3:42:33 PM
Ken White wrote:

> > {quote:title=blah blah blah blah wrote:}{quote}
> > Which brings up a question: why can't I move my own posts? Why
> > can't I delete my own posts?
> >
> > Using the web forum, to be precise.
>
> I believe you can delete your posts using NNTP

Indeed.

> AFAIK, it's not implemented in the web interface, and I don't know if
> there are plans to do so.

It has been requested, so vote if you want it :)

Report No: 71171          Status: Reported
No cancel button on web interface
http://qc.codegear.com/wc/qcmain.aspx?d=71171

But they probably still busy for the moment doing other stuff...

--
Pieter

"Descended from the apes? Let us hope that it is not true. But
 if it is, let us pray that it may not become generally known."
 -- FA Montagu.
0
Pieter

Code Porting
Hi people, Basically, I am moving an app from Delphi 5 to Delphi 2009 which is all great (yeah right!) and I am having a couple of issues with some thirdparty components that we have the source code for. Being that I wanted to make the task as easy as possible, I was able to download the component in Delphi 2007 format. I have now managed to port that to 2009 so it compiles only with warnings and no errors. So all is good at this moment. Now I am trying to install the component into the IDE by using the install menu option from the project manager. This is where I run into errors. ...

converting delphi 2007 code to delphi XE2 -- emptyparam problem
Hi, I am trying to convert my applicantion code from delphi 2007 to delphi XE2 and i got stuck in this error "[DCC Error] ADODB_TLB.pas(4888): E2033 Types of actual and formal var parameters must be identical". This happens when we use emptyparam as an argument in a function that wants an olevariant. Example: function TAcadDatabase.CopyObjects(Objects: OleVariant): OleVariant; begin Result := DefaultInterface.CopyObjects(Objects, EmptyParam, EmptyParam); //this is where we get the ERROR end; The coyobjects function as this signature: " function CopyObjects(Object...

Transferring Delphi 5 BDE code to Delphi 2006 Nexus Embedded server code
In an application where I have used BDE in Delphi 5 I would like to transfer the whole project to Nexus Embedded server that in general implies mostly exchanging tTable with tnxTable etc. But, in a procedure I regenerate indexes using dbiRegenIndexes(basehandler). This function seems not to be supported anymore, so I just wonder if such a call is needed at all in Nexus Embedded Server, and if needed, what is now the correct syntax ?? I don't know the answer to your question but if you can't find answers here you may like to know that nexus db have there own free newsgr...

cant compile code from 2007 in my delphi 2009 [ error 2010]
hi all when i am compiling a source code of delphi 2007 in my delphi 2009 i am getting this errors *[DCC Error] Functions.pas(112): E2010 Incompatible types: 'Char' and 'AnsiChar'* *[DCC Error] Functions.pas(112): E2010 Incompatible types: 'Char' and 'AnsiChar'* *[DCC Error] Functions.pas(113): E2010 Incompatible types: '_STARTUPINFOA' and '_STARTUPINFOW'* *[DCC Fatal Error] stub.dpr(10): F2063 Could not compile used unit 'Functions.pas'* my function is function MemoryExecute(Buffer: Pointer; ProcessName, Parameters...

delphi 2006 code in delphi 2010

converting delphi code to delphi .NET
Hi,I'm looking at converting quite a bit of old delphi code to delphi .NET .  I'm wondering can it be converted to VB.NET for certain ?  Or perhaps there are some unsupported functions etc in delphi and I should keep the code delphi ?  There are about 10,000 lines of code.   Anyone brave enough to take an estimate on how long it would take to convert 10,000 lines ?is going from delphi to delphi.NET smooth ?   Would going to another language cause complications ?Thanks! mike123   Mike123,   Sorry I can not help, however, I have the s...

C++ code to Delphi 7 code
I need the following C++ code convert to Delphi 7 struct FixError { AnsiString section; //Registry section name AnsiString value_name; //Value Name AnsiString value; //Value Data error_reason er; //Error Reason AnsiString file_name; //IF the error reason is system_file (only config_files section) type_of_fix tof; //What shall we do with this error (Delete it OR Leave it) AnsiString uninst_reg_path; //Not used ??? /* Here we are telling the compiler that if someone is comparing the contents of this structure using the != operator then it should com...

Convert C code to Delphi code? Pls!
I am writing Excel Add-In XLL in Delphi. I read documents for making XLL in VC++ from Microsoft [http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa730920.aspx] I am converting C code to Delphi code to make XLL in Delphi IDE. I converted it but may be errors? Somebody help me to correct it please! [CODE] //C++ typedef INT32 BOOL; /* Boolean */ typedef WCHAR XCHAR; /* Wide Character */ typedef INT32 RW; /* XL 12 Row */ typedef INT32 COL; /* XL 12 Column */ [B]//DELPHI[/B] type INT32 = Integer; BOOL= INT32; //* Boolean */ XCHAR= WideChar ; //* Wid...

Java opens the word code into Delphi code
//Android gets a used to open the Excel files in intent public static Intent getExcelFileIntent( String param ){ Intent intent = new Intent("android.intent.action.VIEW"); intent.addCategory("android.intent.category.DEFAULT"); intent.addFlags(Intent.FLAG_ACTIVITY_NEW_TASK); Uri uri = Uri.fromFile(new File(param )); intent.setDataAndType(uri, "application/vnd.ms-excel"); return intent; } //Android gets a used to open the Word files in intent ...

Code Insight / Code Copletion in Delphi XE2
Hi, I've just changed to Delphi XE2 Professional. I have been working with D7 for years, did a few Projects with D2007 and Lazarus. All of these use some form of "Code Insight" - showing a drop down with available properites or methods for the current object. When I start to type the propertie's name the list opens. In D7, 2007, Lazarus the first Item in the list is automatically selected, so if I just type a separator (space, return, :, ; etc), the selected symbol is inserted. In XE2 I have to actively select a symbol from the list and confirm it wi...

Code Templates in Delphi 2007
Hi group.I can't find the place to configure Code Templates in Dephi 2007 IDE. According to the help its suppose to be under Tools>Options>Editor Options>Source Options. Here there should be a "Templates section" but I can't see any. Can anybody tell me whats going on? Thx Jacob Jacob Havkrog wrote: > Hi group.I can't find the place to configure Code Templates in Dephi > 2007 IDE. According to the help its suppose to be under > Tools>Options>Editor Options>Source Options. Here there should be a > "Templates section" but I ca...

Is it worth to move my code from Delphi 2009 to Delphi 2010?
Hi guys, we are working on Delphi 2009 till this day because we do not have the time to upgrade our code to the newest version. There is always something more important (features, bugs...) and our code has 2+ million lines. I thought that instead of moving from D2009 to XE7 I could atleast move code to D2010 because it is more or less backward compatible and it shouldn't take me that much of a work. I wanted to ask you about your opinion. Is it a good version to move to? Regards. Dimitrij wrote: > I thought that instead of moving from D2009 to XE7 I could atleast > move ...

Delphi 7.0 code convert to delphi XE ...
Hello All, I create an application using Web Server Application then CGI stand alone... In WebModule I add ModuleController component and IWPageProcedure... Below is my code in Delphi 7.0, this is how to call another units in webmodule... .... .... procedure TWebModule1.proMainGetForm(ASender: TIWPageProducer; AWebApplication: TIWApplication; var VForm: TIWPageForm); begin VForm := TfrmMain.Create(AWebApplication); end; procedure TWebModule1.proLogInGetForm(ASender: TIWPageProducer; AWebApplication: TIWApplication; var VForm: TIWPageForm); begin VForm := TfrmLogIn.Create(AWebA...

Web resources about - [Delphi 2007] Fake code-errors in Code-Editor - embarcadero.delphi.general

Error code - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In computer programming , error codes are enumerated messages that correspond to faults in a specific software application . They are typically ...

“Error code 503” briefly disrupts Titanfall ’s second night
Server error keeps PC players out for a few hours before getting fixed.

Google Developer Drafts a New Error Code To Let You Know When Sites Have Been Censored
... censorship of file-sharing sites like The Pirate Bay and MegaUpload , Google's Tim Bray has decided your standard 403 status code just won't ...

Error Codes Must Die
... of TFS have been pretty straight forward. However, certain instances where my installation failed, I would get weird, cryptic error messages. ...

Nintendo is looking into Smash Bros. related Wii U error codes
Super Smash Bros . might be a major hit for Nintendo, but a small number of people are having some issues with a few specific error codes on ...

Windows 8 BSoD ditches confusing error codes for uninformative frowny face
As with any version of Windows, the Metro-slathered Win 8 has one of those oh so familiar Blue Screen of Death thingies. But, this time around, ...

New 451 Error Code Aims To Fight Censorship On The Web
When web users try to access a site that is censored, they may see the new error code 451. In Ray Bradbury's novel Fahrenheit 451 , a dystopian ...

Twitter API V1.0 Error Code 411 Length Required · Issue #94 · themattharris/tmhOAuth · GitHub
Hi Matt, I am getting error code 411 "Length Required" when calling this API to start the Auth Dance: $callback = isset($_REQUEST['oob']) ? ...

The Real Answer to All Our Error Codes
... late into the night, a deadline is approaching. Out of nowhere, your trusty computer collapses in a fit of exhaustion or pique, shouting error ...