XE5 Firemonkey Android Import Word document

Hello I am completely new to firemonkey and this will be my first project.

I need to import a word doc into an android app so notes can be added to the doc from the firemonkey interface.

How can i do this?

Would i get the word doc saved as a RTF, PDF, XML or HTML etc. before importing?

What controls does fire monkey have that can best handle word processing?

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Regards

Phil
0
Phillip

Get the fat out from XE5 Android apps
In the modern mobile OSes (like iOS and Android) the applications are run into a sandbox for more control, security and performance reasons and there are no (easy) ways to separate/use a "runtime" library (in Delphi's case RTL + FireMonkey) to be shared by multiple apps. This problem is common to all mobile x-plat runtimes/wrappers like Adobe AIR (http://www.adobe.com/products/air.html) or Mono (http://www.mono-project.com). In Delphi's case the problem with the increasingly fat apps (statically linking RTL + FireMonkey to the application binary) comes from the non-optimi...

XE5 FireMonkey for android Arabic language?
*What is the solution to the problem of writing in Arabic language -XE5 FireMonkey for android ?* isam buk wrote: > *What is the solution to the problem of writing in Arabic language -XE5 FireMonkey for android ?* > Can you be a bit more descriptive of the problem? Do you get an error? Do characters not display correctly? > {quote:title=quinn wildman wrote:}{quote} > isam buk wrote: > > *What is the solution to the problem of writing in Arabic language -XE5 FireMonkey for android ?* > > > Can you be a bit more descriptive of the problem? Do you get an...

Delphi XE5 Android Api Documentation
Hi all, i have search in internet for androidapi android.jni etc documentation but I could not find anything, anyone can help me figure out where I can find detailed documentation? thanks in advance Manuel Di Maio wrote: > Hi all, > i have search in internet for androidapi android.jni etc documentation but I could not find anything, anyone can help me figure out where I can find detailed documentation? > > thanks in advance For the most part it seems it is reading the source. That is how I figured out how to translate the tts API. Remy posted a useful link in that...

Delphi XE5 Firemonkey iOS7 Style (where is it?)
It says here http://www.embarcadero.com/products/rad-studio/whats-new that XE5 has "iOS 7 SDK support and style" Where is the iOS7 style? - All I can see is iOS6 style components. I can compile on iOS7 and it will bring up the keyboard in iOS 7 but none of the drag and drop components from firemonkey are iOS7 style. Am I missing something obvious? > {quote:title=David Templar wrote:}{quote} > It says here http://www.embarcadero.com/products/rad-studio/whats-new that XE5 has "iOS 7 SDK support and style" > > Where is the iOS7 style? - All I can see is...

DOES XE5 FireMonkey for android support unicode (arabic)?
Hi i make small app in xe5 mobile android but in IDE show arabic nice but when i run the app in my device ( real Or emu) same appear arabic letter in left dirc and not join so how i can make it work same ide thanks This is my problem too. pls , we need RTL support in our programs. Hi guys, I don't know but I just tried it on my Galaxy Note 2 GT-N7100 and arabic letters looks just fine!! maybe is the device configuration??? But in all cases, we still need RTL support in FireMonkey! > {quote:title=hany salah wrote:}{quote} > Hi > i make small app in xe5 mobile andro...

Download Latest version of Delphi XE5 Firemonkey 3
Hello I have a number of bugs in my Android application that seem to be firemonkey issues not my application. I am simply trying to find the latest version for XE5. I have a licenced Enterprise edition at Update 2 level. All I can find are free trial of XE6, The EDN website seems very slow often clicking on front page items with no response. Where can I check I have the latest version of my installed software please? Delphi + Firemonkey Registered user download area is what you want. Steps: 1. http://members.embarcadero.com 2. Login using the same crededtials you used to regist...

Firemonkey XE5 Android Thai character render problem
New firemonkey mobile application with blank form drop TLabel on form Write 1 line of Event OnCreate (form) procedure TForm1.FormCreate(Sender: TObject); begin Label1.Text:='ภาษาไทย แสดงไม่ถูกต้อง'; end; Run application on emulator or real device This bug is very serious because it never display the correct Thai character and some time crash android application . OK. I spent 3 days to fixed in method TTextLayoutNG.DoDrawLayout . For Thai developer if you want to buy XE5 for develop android in Thai language you better wait until emb. fixed this problem. > {...

is possible to build an Android .SO with Delphi Firemonkey XE6 ? Thanks.
is possible to build an Android .SO with Delphi Firemonkey XE6 ? Thanks. > {quote:title=Aldo Lacavalla wrote:}{quote} > is possible to build an Android .SO with Delphi Firemonkey XE6 ? Thanks. Have a look in your Android output directory -- Linden "Mango" was Cool but "Wasabi" was Hotter but remember it's all in the "source" > {quote:title=Linden ROTH wrote:}{quote} > > {quote:title=Aldo Lacavalla wrote:}{quote} > > is possible to build an Android .SO with Delphi Firemonkey XE6 ? Thanks. > > > Have a look in ...

Delphi iOS 7 firemonkey xe5 VideoZoomFactor unimplemented
Hi, I want to use the new IOS 7 AVCaptureDevice feature VideoZoomFactor in Delphi XE5 but the feature hasn't been implemented. Is there a good way to use features that haven't yet been added to base objects in delphi? Are those header files, like IOSapi.AVFoundation.pas machine generated? I modified the files FX.Media.IOS, iOSap.AVFoundation and FMX.Media to add the missing feature i wanted and recompiled. That worked for this feature, but I would like to find a better way. is there a timetable to releasing the iOS 7 features in firemonkey? I was kind of surprised to find i...

Android C demo program to Firemonkey Delphi (Will Pay)
I have a C demo program for the Android platform that I need to convert to Firemonkey and Delphi XE5. This demo logic is written in pure C, and reads one of 5 canned barcodes. Page39a contains those barcodes. The goal is to scan those codes and react accordingly. This conversion will serve as a learning process for me. I am willing to pay for this conversion if need be. Thanking you all in advance and I look forward to any recommendations. Andy http://www.odesk.com/ has developers for hire. Thanks Eli. I will check it out. Andy On Thu, 29 May 2014 06:18:43 -0700, Eli...

Linking a .a file in firemonkey - Delphi XE5 SP1
I am trying to link .a files from my FireMonkey application in XE5 for an iOS application, but I am running into issues. I have 3 different .a files that I have tried using, all of which give me the same error when I try to link them: *Bad Object file format: 'd:\project...\libzbar.a'* I have tried this with 2 commonly used .a files, one for barcode reading (zbar) and a magtek card stripe reader library. I also have another test library made in xcode with 2 methods. They all produce the same error on compile. During an embarcadero seminar, we were told that any .a file could b...

Does Delphi XE5 firemonkey work on current Samsung tablets? [Edit]
I am being told that Delphi XE5 with firemonkey will not work on the current range of Samsung tablets even if they have Android 4 is that true? If so I will be very disappointed having invested thousands of pounds and a few hundred hours to adopt the technology on the promise I can now deploy to Android mobile devices. When I run even the most simple Hello World app I simply get a black screen on my brand new Samsung tablet. I am told it only works on Android devices with a ARMv7 CPU supporting NEON instruction sets. If this is the case developers need to know that I have been told today ...

Web resources about - XE5 Firemonkey Android Import Word document - embarcadero.delphi.firemonkey

firemonkeys - iMore