What would be the Firemonkey equivalent of setting BevelOuter to bvNone ?

I do not want to see a line dividing the panels and labels. This effect is possible in VCL setting all 3 Bevels to bvNone.
How could I accomplish that in Firemonkey since there are no such properties ?
Margins and Padding are all zeroes but that does not do it.
Is it possible ?

Thanks.
0
Mauricio

> I do not want to see a line dividing the panels and labels. This effect is possible in VCL setting all 3 Bevels to bvNone.

Don't use a TPanel, use a TLayout.
0
Chris
4/1/2013 4:07:39 PM
> {quote:title=Mauricio Gomes wrote:}{quote}
> I do not want to see a line dividing the panels and labels. This effect is possible in VCL setting all 3 Bevels to bvNone.
> How could I accomplish that in Firemonkey since there are no such properties ?
> Margins and Padding are all zeroes but that does not do it.
> Is it possible ?
>
> Thanks.

Another option is to change the style.

Right click on the panel, Edit Custom Style.
Select the TRectangle (probably panel1style1).
Set Sides to [ ]

--
MonkeyStyler FireMonkey style designer http://bit.ly/PzxKyI
Embarcadero MVP
> Another option is to change the style.

Yes, and there is of course the third option of using a TRectangle directly.
0
Chris
4/1/2013 8:20:33 PM
That worked fine. Thanks !
0
Mauricio
4/2/2013 2:58:15 PM
> {quote:title=Chris Rolliston wrote:}{quote}
> > I do not want to see a line dividing the panels and labels. This effect is possible in VCL setting all 3 Bevels to bvNone.
>
> Don't use a TPanel, use a TLayout.

Thanks Chris, I will educate myself on TLayout and use it next time.
0
Mauricio

Firemonkey
I am so dammed frustrated with firemonkey and livebindings. The VCL + DB Controls were fast, consistent, and stable. This fmx framework is crap. It's slow on my i5 Macbook. I'd be embarrassed to put out an app like this. The help is lousy and apparently very few people are using it based on my failed Google searches. I can see why. Livebindings is cute when you have a few fields, but it a rats nest when you have a moderately complex form and have to wire up dozens of controls. There is no official support for nullable fields in livebindings which blows my mind....

Firemonkey TDBLookupComboBox Equivalent
What steps are needed to create the equivalent of a VCL TDBLookupComboBox in Firemonkey? Thanks ...

what is Equivalent (TWincontrol) if firemonkey?
what is Equivalent (TWincontrol) if firemonkey? > {quote:title=reza2 babaee2 wrote:}{quote} > what is Equivalent (TWincontrol) if firemonkey? TWinControl is (if I'm not mistaken) for wrapping Windows controls. Since FMX controls are recreated from scratch then there is no equivalent. In FMX you have: TFMXObject - basic properties |- TControl - Controls | |- TStyledControl - Controls which can be styled |-TShape - Drawing primitives -- MonkeyStyler FireMonkey style designer http://bit.ly/PzxKyI Embarcadero MVP > {quote:title=Mike Sutton wrote:}{quote} > >...

Installing components for FireMonkey HD and FireMonkey iOS
Hi, How do I install components for both FireMonkey HD and FireMonkey iOS? I have one package 'FMXMyFireMonkeyControl' and 'FMIFireMonkeyControl' which both point to the same file with the same registration 'TFireMonkeyControl'. If I compile one package (FMXMyFireMonkeyControl) it installs correctly, then change the include file (FMCompile.INC) to compile for IOS (FMIFireMonkeyControl) which is included in the FMX.FireMonkeyControl.pas file: {$I FMCOMPILE.INC} uses {$IFDEF COMPILEIOS} FMX_Types, FMX_Objects, FMX_Forms, FMX_Dialogs, FMX_Effe...

Delphi XE2, OSX and FireMonkey?
1. Does anyone know if developing with FireMonkey will be the only way to develop for OSX with XE2? 2. Does anyone know if you will need to compile on a Mac for OSX, or will XE2 cross compile? I know this will all come out during the world tour, but I'm just trying to get some idea so I can start planning. 1. Yes, I think for now it will be the only way. But you can probably build a native UI for OSX by directly using the API, like you can also develop Win32 applications without using the VCL. 2. XE2 will only be available for Windows, but it will compile for other platforms. &l...

Making Firemonkey more compatible with Delphi
I have programmed in Delphi since 1995 Delphi1 I am now evaluating Delphi XE4. It boggles my mind, why embarcadero has lost the most important aspects of Delphi. Simplicity and Fast User Interface creation. I can easily see how Firemonkey can be improved to bring it in line with traditional Delphi Techniques by doing the following. 1. All Firemonkey controls need a data aware counterpart. 2. Firemonkey Styles need to be converted to TControl descendants. 3. ie. TLayout goes to TPanel ( TFMXPanel ) 4. ie. TRectangle does to TFrame TFMXFrame ) 5. LiveBindings gets placed un...

setScrollbarFadingEnabled -> how to set with firemonkey
Hello Forum ;) I want to stop the Scrollbars in a Scollbox to fade out after a second. In an Android Forum i found the Tips: scollview.setScrollbarFadingEnabled(false); or android:scrollbarFadeDuration := '0'; android:scrolbarAlwaysDrawVerticalTrack := true; Is there a way to set this in Delphi XE? Thanks so much. ...

Pop-up on Mobile apps (FireMonkey / Delphi )
Hi everyone, I'm currently working on a FireMonkey mobile app with Delphi (XE6) and since i'm really new to this i'm in need of a little bit of help. For my App i'd like to build in a subscription screen that would work like a pop-up, showing modal on the same form than the login. I've been looking around a bit on the internet but couldn't find any usefull advice. I found a video ("FireMonkey: Showing Modal form with animation and Shadow effect" from Yaroslav Brovin) thad proved me that it was possible, but was unable to find how. I'm sure it'...

Setting Android FireMonkey TMemo color
Hi! I need to set the background color of a TMemo by code. Making it transparent would also be good enough. Delphi XE5. This is how I tried but doesn't work: {code} procedure TFormMain.MemoSongInformationLirycsApplyStyleLookup(Sender: TObject); var BckObject: TFmxObject; begin BckObject := (Sender as TMemo).FindStyleResource('background'); if Assigned(BckObject) and (BckObject is TSubImage) then begin TSubImage(BckObject).Source := nil; end; end; {code} no success with the following either: {code} procedure TFormMain.MemoSongInform...

Delphi FireMonkey project / testComplete and MSAA
Hi I am actualy working on a new team project developped using FireMonkey. We want to create automated tests with TestComplete which is already used to run tests on some VCL projects. Unfortunatly, we discovered that TestComplete is not directly compatible with FireMonkey application, it only sees the windows but not the controls on it. Making some research we, found that TestComplete is able to identify controls thanks to MSAA. So we created a really short project (only one form with some controls) using the FireMonkey Accessibility Pack in order to look at TestComplete's behavio...

Firemonkey FM2 Combobox
I'm trying to essentially "blank out" a combox. I can set it's ItemIndex to -1 (even though that is the default value). It will let me set the ItemIndex to another value. How else can I blank out the combobox? > {quote:title=Joey Hickey wrote:}{quote} > I'm trying to essentially "blank out" a combox. I can set it's ItemIndex to -1 (even though that is the default value). It will let me set the ItemIndex to another value. How else can I blank out the combobox? What do you mean by 'blank out'? From an end user point of view or from a ...

ANN: Delphi XE2 FireMonkey BOOK
September 5, 2012 Coogara Consulting is pleased to announce that our new book is available: "FireMonkey Development for iOS and OS X with Delphi XE2" by Graeme Chandler. It is available printed (comb binding) or in PDF and MOBI (Kindle compatible) formats. Only from: http://shop.coogara.com Regards Graeme Chandler Coogara Consulting http://www.coogara.com.au http://shop.coogara.com http://www.strikingwood.com.au Graeme Chandler wrote: > Coogara Consulting is pleased to announce that our new book is > available: > > "FireMonkey Dev...

Web resources about - What would be the Firemonkey equivalent of setting BevelOuter to bvNone ? - embarcadero.delphi.firemonkey

firemonkeys - iMore