What's wrong with Firemonkey Style Designer in XE3? [Edit]

Ok, i have tried this with Delphi XE3 Architect Trial version, and now also with full version. and both with different computers... Windows 7 64bit on both..

Problem is with Firemonkey style designer, when ever i open the editor i only get options to load, save and apply styles (the top toolbar), but i dont have Object Tree View (right side area of the editor).
Basically there's no way to select a style, or edit, or even know whats inside that style.. Even the radstudio xe3 docWiki (Firemonkey Style Designer) talks about the object tree view and all that, which based on the wiki, looks exactly as in XE2, but for some reason for me it doesnt show anything (except the top toolbar)..
Has anybody else come across this problem?

Is there something i'm totally missing ??? :)

Edited by: Toni Kilpeläinen on Sep 9, 2012 8:12 AM
0
Utf

OH !  don't blame embarcadero , it is working as expected

If you are still using the default rad studio layout what you wanted are inn the left top corner of the IDE, If you have changed the layout goto view->Structure (Shift + ALT + F11)

I really love this change as it is increasing the integrity, but still there is a problem, you can't change the control size in style designer without editing height width property
0
vikosh
9/9/2012 3:40:04 PM
> {quote:title=vikosh maha wrote:}{quote}
> OH !  don't blame embarcadero , it is working as expected
>
> If you are still using the default rad studio layout what you wanted are inn the left top corner of the IDE, If you have changed the layout goto view->Structure (Shift + ALT + F11)
>
> I really love this change as it is increasing the integrity, but still there is a problem, you can't change the control size in style designer without editing height width property

Oh, thanks..now it works a bit better indeed.. not sure yet, if this is better approach or not.. time will tell :).
0
Utf
9/9/2012 3:45:37 PM
> {quote:title=vikosh maha wrote:}{quote}
> OH !  don't blame embarcadero , it is working as expected
>
> If you are still using the default rad studio layout what you wanted are inn the left top corner of the IDE, If you have changed the layout goto view->Structure (Shift + ALT + F11)
>
> I really love this change as it is increasing the integrity, but still there is a problem, you can't change the control size in style designer without editing height width property

I've got that Structure and I can work as expected with the Styles, but how do I delete a particular style element ?
I can not for the life in me work it out. There is no context menu, highlighting an item in the Structure View and hitting delete button does not work either.
Any suggestions please ?
0
Anthoni
9/12/2012 2:29:36 PM
> {quote:title=Anthoni Gardner wrote:}{quote}
> > {quote:title=vikosh maha wrote:}{quote}
> > OH !  don't blame embarcadero , it is working as expected
> >
> > If you are still using the default rad studio layout what you wanted are inn the left top corner of the IDE, If you have changed the layout goto view->Structure (Shift + ALT + F11)
> >
> > I really love this change as it is increasing the integrity, but still there is a problem, you can't change the control size in style designer without editing height width property
>
> I've got that Structure and I can work as expected with the Styles, but how do I delete a particular style element ?
> I can not for the life in me work it out. There is no context menu, highlighting an item in the Structure View and hitting delete button does not work either.
> Any suggestions please ?

Yes, i was wondering that for a while too,.. at the structure-window, top of it, there is a small toolbar with 1 icon only.. looks like small document/folder icon with red cross on it, ..that is delete ;).. yes indeed, context menu would have been way too easy for us ;).
There are still lots of little things in the style designer / structure window, that i dont like, or dont fully understand why /how some things are done..but i'll live with this for now :).
0
Utf
9/12/2012 2:41:45 PM
> {quote:title=Toni Kilpeläinen wrote:}{quote}
> Yes, i was wondering that for a while too,.. at the structure-window, top of it, there is a small toolbar with 1 icon only.. looks like small document/folder icon with red cross on it, ..that is delete ;)

Ha, I totally missed that LOL.
Thanks :)
0
Anthoni

open a url like 'http://'; 'mailto://', 'file://' in Firemonkey on a Mac [Edit]
This Is solved. I used the wrong {$IFDEF xxx} directive. It should be: uses {$IFDEF POSIX} Posix.Stdlib; {$ENDIF POSIX} .... {$IFDEF POSIX} _system(PAnsiChar('open ' + AnsiString(cmd))); {$ENDIF POSIX} --------------------- Hello, I would like to make Finder open to a certain folder. Easy enough you think; do something like: UIApplication.sharedApplication.openUrl(NSString_with_url); Yet UIApplication is not usable in Firemonkey, writing apps for Mac (not iOS devices) and deploying them via PAserver. Nothing of uikit is available in the Macapi.* range. ...

Delphi/Firemonkey for Ubuntu... Please. Amazing what's coming.
The PC in your pocket is becoming a reality. Canonical has Ubuntu running in parallel with Android on Android phones. On the go, your Android phone is the same Android phone you're used to. Dock your phone, and you're phone boots a full blown Ubuntu desktop able to run Ubuntu apps and Android apps. Very nice. Granted, this is probably where Windows is going eventually, but Canonical is here. Canoncial has also announced Ubuntu for TV. http://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2012/02/ubuntu-for-android-announced/ Ubuntu's progress is amazing, isn't it? Independent if someone does prefer ...

Firemonkey Style pack don't work [Edit]
This tutorial on the wiki is wrong. http://docwiki.embarcadero.com/RADStudio/XE5/en/Working_with_Native_and_Custom_FireMonkey_Styles The compiler don't recognize the pchar constant RE_RCDATA. Isearch in all the XE5 files, is not there. Anybody else try this? Edited by: german gentile on Nov 10, 2013 6:54 PM german gentile wrote: > RE_RCDATA I expect that should be: RT_RCDATA -- Dave Nottage [TeamB] ...

Where's nsoftware's IP*Works in Delphi XE?
Hello, nobody in the Installation forum seems to know. Where's nsoftware's IP*Works in Delphi XE? Cheers, Tobias [http://www.superflexible.com] Hi Tobias +1 Best Regards Claudio "Tobias Giesen" ha scritto nel messaggio news:280997@forums.embarcadero.com... > Hello, > > nobody in the Installation forum seems to know. > > Where's nsoftware's IP*Works in Delphi XE? > > Cheers, > Tobias > > [http://www.superflexible.com] Tobias Giesen wrote: > nobody in the Installation forum seems to know. >...

Delphi XE8 FireMonkey iOS Style problem with segmented buttons [Edit]
Hi, Going through some tutorials to get used to mobile development using FireMonkey and Delphi XE8. One of the most basic layouts tend to use the toolbar component with segmented speed buttons, and then applying the correct segmented style to each button. However, there seems to be an issue with the iOS style. [Screenshot.|https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B68Ju-patBf-RVVEMmI5UDd2cG8/view?usp=sharing] Using the "segmentedbuttonleft", "segmentedbuttonmiddle", and "segmentedbuttonright" styles is producing an extra border on the right button in iOS. It seems...

Can't access styles in FireMonkey mobile applications [Edit]
I just got RAD XE4, and have a problem with accessing styles. Every tutorial I read says: “Rigtht click on any visual control and selecting either • Edit Custom Style... or • Edit Default Style…“ In a FireMonkey Desctop application or Metropolis Application, I can access the menus “Edit Custom style” and “Edit Default style” with right clicking a component. When I right click a component in a Firemonkey Mobile Application, the “Edit Custom style” and “Edit Default style” is not present. If I try to place a StyleBook in a FM mobile application and doubleclick the style book, t...

How to show custom cursor on transparent firemonkey form Delphi XE3 [Edit]
HI. In my application I need to show a semi-transparent form with specific cursor. A simple example: procedure TForm1.FormCreate(Sender: TObject); begin Fill.Kind := TBrushKind.bkSolid; Fill.Color := $50000000; Top := 0; Left := 0; Width := 600; Height := 600; Transparency := true; Cursor := crSQLWait; end; but cursor is changed only when I start mouse moving. I don't know how to fix it:( Edited by: Sam Rob on Apr 8, 2013 1:31 AM decision: I add to onActivate: Cursor := crSQLWait; Application.ProcessMessages; ...

Touch Gestures in Firemonkey 3D application Delphi XE3 MacOS [Edit]
Hi! I'm trying to create a MacOS Firemonkey 3D application with gestures enabled but I can't make it work. I can place a GestureManager on the form but there is no Touch property on the TForm3D object. Then I've tried to create a TLayer3D with a normal TPanel where I was able to set the Touch property but the gestures didn't work although it captured any other mouse movements. Then I've created a separate HD TForm with a GestureManager and with the Touch property set which worked as a stand alone form but whe n I've linked a touch enabled TPanel on the HD TForm to t...

Firemonkey Style
When trying out the sample applications, at each and every component, I can see with the right-click the Edit Custom Style. But when creating a new application, Firemonkey mobile application, placing two TButtons on the form, right click on the button and I cannot see the Edit Custome Style buttons! Anyone has a clue? > When trying out the sample applications, at each and every component, I can see with the > right-click the Edit Custom Style. These are the *desktop* sample applications I take it...? > But when creating a new application, Firemonkey mobile application, ...

Converting XE2 to XE3
Hi I created a button and opened the Edit Custom Style but it won't open the Style designer ( I mean the designer opens but the tree view with the component parts is is invisible). Doing the same in XE2 works fine - what has changed? Edited by: Bennie Coetzer on Nov 19, 2012 11:48 AM > {quote:title=Bennie Coetzer wrote:}{quote} > Hi I created a button and opened the Edit Custom Style but it won't open the Style designer ( I mean the designer opens but the tree view with the component parts is is invisible). Doing the same in XE2 works fine - what has changed? > >...

Firemonkey delphi xe3 warning can't parse __DATA/__objc_imageinfo section
I would like to know how to resolve this warning problem and what does it mean thanks for all answer. [DCC Hint] H2596 ld: warning: can't parse __DATA/__objc_imageinfo section in C:\Users\reaz\Documents\RAD Studio\SDKs\iPhoneOS6.0.sdk/System/Library/Frameworks/CoreFoundation.framework/CoreFoundation Am 2/6/13 4:30 PM, schrieb reaz ahmeer: > I would like to know how to resolve this warning problem and what does it mean > > thanks for all answer. > > [DCC Hint] H2596 ld: warning: can't parse __DATA/__objc_imageinfo section in C:\Users\reaz\Documents\RAD Studi...

OrangeUI for FireMonkey 1.49 Published! (Custom your app's Skin) [Edit]
OrangeUI for FireMonkey 1.49 Published! (Custom your app's Skin) OrangeUI is a skin component package for FireMonkey, I've developed it in 2012, and it has a lot of user in China. OrangeUI contains a lot of control that we can custom skin ( Like BackColor, BackGroundPicture, BorderColor, Position of Draw Element, and so on), it also contains easy-to-use and powerful listbox ( listview, treeview ) that can design item's visual elements in form. OrangeUI download link(contains ComponentPackage ,APK Demos and Samples): [downloadlink|https://www.dropbox.com/sh/xwn5ndy9659c4k...

Web resources about - What's wrong with Firemonkey Style Designer in XE3? [Edit] - embarcadero.delphi.firemonkey