Vcl to Firemonkey converter

I have found a new program (MIDA) for convert automatically DFM and Pas in FMX and pas.

it's GREAT !!!

don't convert all, of course, but it is very useful. I converted a project VCL , 20 forms, and I have spent using a morning instead of a week:)

i was any TMS Pack component in my project and it work in FM

The next version will support more pascal update ( application.MessageBox / application.exename ... ).

in the last version of MIDA V. 0.81  is add TPageControl,TTabSheet support and other component

two picture from site :

http://midafiremonkey.files.wordpress.com/2011/09/vcl1.png

http://midafiremonkey.files.wordpress.com/2011/09/firemonkey1.png

Temporary site
http://midafiremonkey.wordpress.com/

------------------
Mark Emilthon
0
delphi001

new update :)

http://midafiremonkey.wordpress.com

from blog :

Update MIDA V 0.82 – Chart and grid support

in detail i have add support for :

TChart ,
 TStringGrid,
 THeader,

TDBGrid, TDBAdvGrid , TcxGrid,
 Today don’t exist a real dbgrid component for FM.  Standard TdbGrid, TMS TDBAdvGrid and DevExpress TCxGrid are converted in a FM TGrid.
 After conversion the coder will must add manually LiveBindings Links for to have the link with db fields.

TRadioGroup is delayed because of some problems…

http://midafiremonkey.files.wordpress.com/2011/09/vcl_v82.png

http://midafiremonkey.files.wordpress.com/2011/09/firemonkey_v82.png

------------

great work :)
0
delphi001
9/4/2011 5:57:19 PM
When do we get to try this useful piece of software?

Steve
0
Steve
9/4/2011 6:44:09 PM
it's for internal beta tester only, now.
0
delphi001
9/5/2011 12:55:09 PM
news from MIDA site :

*Update MIDA V 0.83 – TMS Ribbon partial support*

Hi

i’m working from any days on *TMS Ribbon structure*. it’s very complicate convert to FireMonkey.

for a good result… wait  V. 0.84

TAdvToolBarPager are converted on TTabControl , TAdvPage on TTabItem, TAdvToolBar on TPanel…. work well and they look good.

i’m working 5 / 10 new small components…

http://midafiremonkey.wordpress.com/
0
delphi001
9/14/2011 11:40:35 PM
> {quote:title=delphi001 delphi001 wrote:}{quote}
> news from MIDA site :
>

> *Update MIDA V 0.83 – TMS Ribbon partial support*
>
> Hi
>
> i’m working from any days on *TMS Ribbon structure*. it’s very complicate convert to FireMonkey.
>
> for a good result… wait  V. 0.84
>
> TAdvToolBarPager are converted on TTabControl , TAdvPage on TTabItem, TAdvToolBar on TPanel…. work well and they look good.
>
> i’m working 5 / 10 new small components…

Having basic Delphi component compatibility is the primary interest of Delphi users.

Support for specific 3rd-party libraries is secondary.

Why is this "vendor" waiting to get this into the hands of "real users" who may or may not have the 3rd-party libraries you're busily trying to support?

And if you're a "beta tester", why do you seem to be doing development?
0
David

Free VCL to FireMonkey converter?
Hi I just read this blog post: http://delphi-insider.blogspot.com.br/2012/07/free-mida-vcl-to-firemonkey-converter.html It says that Embarcadero has licensed a special version of Mida, a converter for VCL to FireMonkey applications. As far as I can remember when FireMonkey was released there was a guy that developed this convertion tool and posted some info in the forum and got trolled by many users over here because people were not trusting that that software was real. Is this Mida converter that Embarcadero licensed actually this tool that was developed by him? As far as I can tell ...

MIDA a new Vcl to Firemonkey converter
Hi I have found a new program (MIDA) for convert automatically DFM and Pas in FMX and pas. it's GREAT !!! don't convert all, of course, but it is very useful. I converted a project VCL , 20 forms, and I have spent using a morning instead of a week:) i was any TMS Pack component in my project and it work fine in FM ( converted in FM component ) from Mida blog : *Update MIDA V 0.82 – Chart and grid support* ...... in detail i have add support for : TChart , TStringGrid, THeader, TDBGrid, TDBAdvGrid , TcxGrid, Today don’t exist a real dbgrid component fo...

New converter VCL to FireMonkey !!!! [Edit]
I have found a new program (MIDA) for convert automatically DFM and Pas in FMX and pas. it's GREAT !!! don't convert all, of course, but it is very useful. I converted a project VCL , 20 forms, and I have spent using a morning instead of a week:) i was any TMS Pack component in my project and it work in FM :) The next version will support more pascal update ( application.MessageBox / application.exename ... ). two picture from site : Win 32 VCL : http://img836.imageshack.us/img836/9877/vcl.png FireMonkey : http://img198.imageshack.us/img198/1294/firemonkey...

MIDA - Vcl To FireMonkey converter
This message is no longer available. > {quote:title=Mida FireMonkey wrote:}{quote} > I am here to present the immediate availability of the best converter from VCL to Firemonkey. > > > More than 200 components converted to the nearest component firemonkey. > > I remember that the two technologies are very different, can not ‘exist a true total conversion. but you can get a new project with a few change can be compiled in Firemonkey. > > With the next versions will update the database conversion ( online ), for example when it is available for a real TRi...

MIDA - Vcl To FireMonkey converter
I am here to present the immediate availability of the best converter from VCL to Firemonkey. More than 200 components converted to the nearest component firemonkey. I remember that the two technologies are very different, can not ‘exist a true total conversion. but you can get a new project with a few change can be compiled in Firemonkey. With the next versions will update the database conversion ( online ), for example when it is available for a real TRichEdit under FM, MIDA will convert automatically the old TRichEdit. The time to create MIDA was rather long and complex. ...

Mida Converter
Mida is a complete converter of Embarcadero Delphi and C++ Builder VCL applications to FireMonkey applications. It is able to fully convert over 200 components with more being added in each new release. It fully supports and updates the data modules updating the .pas, .cpp, and .dpr files in both Delphi and C++ Builder. VCL Framework and FireMonkey frameworks are very different and in some cases single click conversions are not possible. But in most cases you can generate a new FireMonkey application with only a few manual changes required. Mida is priced modestly costing less than 2 hou...

ANN: MIDA - Vcl To FireMonkey converter
[...]

Free Mida converter download an VCL to FireMonkey Migration Workshop
We've just announced a new developer workshop for Delphi, C++Builder and RAD Studio developers on Migrating VCL Applications to FireMonkey. It will be a free, online 2-hour workshop offered at 3 times on July 25, 2012. When you register, you can also download a free copy of the Mida VCL to FireMonkey converter that can save you a lot of time by helping convert your apps. This is a special edition of the converter created for Embarcadero and works with Delphi XE2, C++Builder XE2 and RAD Studio XE2. You can register for the workshop and get the Mida download at http://embt.co/VCLtoFMwo...

Free Mida converter download an VCL to FireMonkey Migration Workshop
We've just announced a new developer workshop for C++Builder, Delphi and RAD Studio developers on Migrating VCL Applications to FireMonkey. It will be a free, online 2-hour workshop offered at 3 times on July 25, 2012. When you register, you can also download a free copy of the Mida VCL to FireMonkey converter that can save you a lot of time by helping convert your apps. This is a special edition of the converter created for Embarcadero and works with Delphi XE2, C++Builder XE2 and RAD Studio XE2. You can register for the workshop and get the Mida download at http://embt.co/VCLtoFMwo...

Mida 1.2 Vcl To FireMonkey converter
Further improved the quality of conversion. Improved support for DataModule. Created a video on YouTube to show the simplicity and the power. I activated an account with ShareIt, it will soon be online. I’m ‘adding support for C++ Builder XE2 … will be activated with the next update. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22MbO_HzU-E looks after the video : screenshot on Mac http://midafiremonkey.files.wordpress.com/2011/10/mida12_mac.png Site http://www.midaconverter.com Blog http://blog.midaconverter.com ------------------------------------- Mauro Botta On 2011-1...

Web resources about - Vcl to Firemonkey converter - embarcadero.delphi.firemonkey

firemonkeys - iMore