Trying to start android emulator in Delphi XE5

Hello,

I have a problem with Android emulator. Emulator just shows "Starting emulator" but nothing happens. See http://www.suunnittelupalvelu.com/problem.png. I created emulator manually using Android tools. Application which I try to start is just a blank form.

Can anyone help me?
0
Janne

> {quote:title=Janne Kekki wrote:}{quote}
> Hello,
>
> I have a problem with Android emulator. Emulator just shows "Starting emulator" but nothing happens. See http://www.suunnittelupalvelu.com/problem.png. I created emulator manually using Android tools. Application which I try to start is just a blank form.
>
> Can anyone help me?

Probably you didn't set ports that your app needs to use. Also be sure your configurations for Emulator. If your problem is not solved, you can try VCN viewer ;)
0
Abdullah
10/21/2013 8:37:39 AM
I created emulator using these instructions http://docwiki.embarcadero.com/RADStudio/XE5/en/Creating_an_Android_Emulator but it doesnt work. I cant buy RAD studio if it doesnt work. After I run my application where is only blank form nothing happens.

> {quote:title=Janne Kekki wrote:}{quote}
> Hello,
>
> I have a problem with Android emulator. Emulator just shows "Starting emulator" but nothing happens. See http://www.suunnittelupalvelu.com/problem.png. I created emulator manually using Android tools. Application which I try to start is just a blank form.
>
> Can anyone help me?
0
Janne

Does Delphi XE5 on Android work with the Android emulator? [Edit]
I find that even a hello-world app exactly like the one that David I outlines (add a button, one line of code, set button text) will not run on the Android Emulator configured out of the box. First, after installing the Rad Studio XE5 trial, I followed David I's steps exactly, and the emulator would not even start. Then I clicked Android SDK manager, updated it, and clicked run-without-debugging. It asked me if I wanted to start the emulator this time so I did. Now the Firemonkey app will not start up the emulator, and while it does appear to start debugging, the emulator scree...

Delphi XE5 instant trial: Android emulator does not run [Edit]
Installed XE5 instant trial - no problem. The "Android Tools" menu is missing, although It is supposed to be installed by default according to the installation notes. Note: the Instant Trial does not offer any installation options. So I started the SDK manager from the File Browser in the IDE, all the files are there. Installed an Android system image - no problem. Created an emulator - no problem. Tried to start the emulator: PANIC - can not start +devicename+ . Tried all standard devices - same problem. A problem with the "virtualized" paths inside Ap...

Converting from Delphi 2005 to Delphi XE5
I have developed a number of Windows applications in Delphi 2005. I recently purchased Delphi XE5. I have started by trying to compile an existing 2005 application. I am getting a 7 errors about FMXTeeEditor. [dcc32 Error] E1026 File not found: 'FMXTee.Editor.Brush.fmx' Not able to find a solution to this. Any help greatly appreciated. Did you open every form before compiling? The old forms get updated with new properties when they are opened. I would make a copy of the old project before doing any of this. maybe you have links to the older tchart files....i.e its not usi...

RAD Studio XE5 and Delphi XE5 started today in Australia
Presented Without Comment. Our first round of Android and iOS tech preview events with a first look at RAD Studio XE5 and Delphi XE5 started today in Australia. Here are the upcoming locations over the next couple weeks. Join us at one of these locations if you can. Click a city name to register. If you don't see a city near you on this part of the list, visit our World Tour page for more dates and locations. http://delphi-insider.blogspot.com/2013/08/rad-studio-and-delphi-xe5-android-and.html ...

Does an android app created with Delphi XE5, XE6 run on Android 5 without modifications?
Is a FireMonkey NDK application forward compatible as much as a JDK one? Markus wrote: > Android changed the JVM from Dalvik to another one (just forgot the > name) The new runtime is called ART. > and that caused issues with Delphi based programs which had any > images in them as TImage.LoadFromStream didn't work properly > anymore and a few small other issues. But that was not a problem with the NDK itself. Just that there was a new runtime underneath the NDK, and FMX was making some assumptions that work under Dalvik but not under ART. -- Remy ...

Debugging DLL compiled with Delphi 7 in Delphi XE5
Dear Sirs/Madams, We are considering changing from Delphi 7 to Delphi XE5. Our project consists of a dll and an .exe file. I have begun converting the .exe file to Delphi XE5 and have successfully accessed the DLL compiled with Delphi 7. When I debug the DLL (using the "run parameters" and changing "host application" to the .exe file) in Delphi 7 I can set breakpoints etc. and they are triggered. However, when I attempt to debug the project in XE5, I get the following message: Module Load: xxx.dll. No Debug Info. Base Address: $015A0000. Process xxx.exe (2928) ...

Delphi 2010 and Delphi XE5 shuts down when opening projects
Over the last week I have found it increasingly difficult to open projects. Even really simple projects, some more complex. For example if start Delphi 2010 Enterprise Edition. I see the list of recently opened projects. I then click on a simple existing project, I get a hour glass for about a second and then Delphi IDE has gone. In the windows task manager, there are now no applications running. I have not changed the installation, being using Delphi 2010 enterprise on the same computer for a few years. I'm not a full time developer, but do internal development of our compa...

Delphi 2010 and Delphi XE5 shuts down when opening projects
Over the last week I have found it increasingly difficult to open projects. Even really simple projects, some more complex. For example if start Delphi 2010 Enterprise Edition. I see the list of recently opened projects. I then click on a simple existing project, I get a hour glass for about a second and then Delphi IDE has gone. In the windows task manager, there are now no applications running. I have not changed the installation, being using Delphi 2010 enterprise on the same computer for a few years. I'm not a full time developer, but do internal development of our compa...

Delphi and Delphi for .Net

Win32 program: Delphi 7 vs Delphi XE5

HELP! Trying to Complie old Delphi program on any version of Delphi
Hey everyone I'm new to the programming world and unfortunately I have come across a big problem that I will hope I can get some help with. I have a program that was apparently created using delphi 3 and then finished using delphi 4 with some additional parts added later. I have found copies of amost every version of delphi ever made and installed them on my pc and attempted to compile this program in question. Unfortuantely I have yet to get it to compile without a few thousand error messages and I am st uck between a rock and a hard place. I know very little of Delphi programming, let a...

Attempting to compile Delphi 5 code in Delphi XE5 is failing
Greetings All, If I'm not in the correct formum please tell me which one I should be in. Just upgraded to Delphi XE5 and am attempting to compile one of my Delphi 5 projects. I used Interbase Express I use either TDataSource -> TCDSProvider -> TDataSetProvider -> TIBQuery or TDataSource -> TClientDataSet -> TDataSetProvider -> TIBQuery Also used TIBDatabase, TIBTransaction, and TIBStoredProc I open the smallest project I have and click compile and almost immediately I receive this error Checking project dependencies... Compiling CITranEngine.dproj...

How to sync Android to Delphi XE5 application
Hello people, I have a doubt, I have developed a FireMonkey Android application where I need sync my app data to a Delphi XE5 application. Basicly I created a .txt file and I sent to my computer using a FTP connection, but this doesn't works fine. I found two problems with this method, 1) It works really bad with 3G connection, less than 50% of attemps works correctly to sync data of my Android to a PC 2) Confirmations about sync (sent data, received data) are no reliable So, I would like to know if there another way to sync data without using .txt files and FTP connection, and ...

Delphi XE5 Android Api Documentation
Hi all, i have search in internet for androidapi android.jni etc documentation but I could not find anything, anyone can help me figure out where I can find detailed documentation? thanks in advance Manuel Di Maio wrote: > Hi all, > i have search in internet for androidapi android.jni etc documentation but I could not find anything, anyone can help me figure out where I can find detailed documentation? > > thanks in advance For the most part it seems it is reading the source. That is how I figured out how to translate the tts API. Remy posted a useful link in that...

Delphi XE5 Firemonkey iOS7 Style (where is it?)
It says here http://www.embarcadero.com/products/rad-studio/whats-new that XE5 has "iOS 7 SDK support and style" Where is the iOS7 style? - All I can see is iOS6 style components. I can compile on iOS7 and it will bring up the keyboard in iOS 7 but none of the drag and drop components from firemonkey are iOS7 style. Am I missing something obvious? > {quote:title=David Templar wrote:}{quote} > It says here http://www.embarcadero.com/products/rad-studio/whats-new that XE5 has "iOS 7 SDK support and style" > > Where is the iOS7 style? - All I can see is...

Trying to call a .DLL from Delphi XE (used to work with Delphi 6 :-) )
Hi everyone, I have a problem where perhaps some one could help point me in the right direction. In Delphi 6 I used a stand alone package to train a neural netowrk,. The trained neural network was stored as a .DEF file. The standalone software provided a .DLL and Delphi code to call the network and get the prediced values from your sw. (The .DLL was created in 2002 and apparently is 32 bit.) I have'nt used it for years but am now coming back to it.... I now use Delphi XE on Windows 7 (32 bit) The old .exe's I had compiled from that time work fine. However in Delphi XE ...

Delphi XE5 Android Heap size problem
Android applications that developed with Delphi XE5 use minimum 24 MB RAM. Some phones allow 16-20 MB usage(heap size) for any application. (htc wildfire S A510e, samsung GT-S58330i) So any application that developed with Delphi XE5 does not run these phones. But I have seen some popular applications these can use greater than 30 MB heap size on these phones. if some android applications were able to do this, Is there any way to automatically increase the heap size for our delphi xe5 applications? > {quote:title=mustafa korkmaz wrote:}{quote} > (htc wildfire S A510e, Wi...

Android AVD
I use the Genymotion AVD in Eclipse and it works fine. Much faster than the standard AVD's provided for in Android Eclipse. In Delphi XE5 the Genymotion AVD shows up in the right panel as a recognized Android device. I have the AVD running in the background (Nexus 4). Unfortunately I'm not able to use Delphi XE5 with the Genymotion AVD. Here is the error message after the project attempts to launch: Unable to create process: Unable to install c:\path of sample application\forms.apk. Failure [INSTALL_FAILED_CPU_ABI_INCOMPATIBLE] Any help debugging this error? Dave wrote: ...

android service application on Delphi XE5 [Edit]
Is it possible to develop "android service application(backround)" on delphi xe5 ? if possible, how to ? Thanks. Edited by: caner aytac on Sep 20, 2013 3:40 AM Edited by: caner aytac on Sep 20, 2013 3:45 AM ...

Delphi XE5 TWebBrowser Problem on Android [Edit]
I have write 4 samples code: 1) paginaweb:='file://'+pathpdf+'prova.pdf'; webbrowser1.URL:=paginaweb; 2) paginaweb:='http://www.ufficiotecnicogecom.com/Volantini/prova.pdf'; webbrowser1.URL:=paginaweb; 3) have used webbrowser1.Navigate(paginaweb); 4) paginaweb := 'http://www.youtube.com/user/SisaCentroSudGecom'; webbrowser1.Navigate(paginaweb); or webbrowser1.URL:=paginaweb; webbroser1 is in a mobile form. All not work on Android but work fine on iOS, the case of youtube url load page but still stuck on loading vide...

Accessing an Android Java class from Delphi XE5
Hi! How to translate this C++ code to Delphi XE5 for Android: {code} int bufsize=AudioTrack.getMinBufferSize(44100, AudioFormat.CHANNEL_OUT_STEREO, AudioFormat.ENCODING_PCM_16BIT) {code} I found that there is an 'JAudioTrack' type in 'Androidapi.JNI.Media' but I have no clue how to call this 'getMinBufferSize' function which is for 'JAudioTrackClass'. The problem is I don't know how to instanteniate these Android Java classes for Delphi. Please help! Thank you! > How to translate this C++ code Java rather than C++ surely...? ...

movetasktoback function delphi xe5 android? [Edit]
Hi, I want my application not close when the back button is pressed. I want it to minimize and run in background. Is this possible? I've saw a movetasktoBack function on Java. Is this function available for Delphi too? {code} public class TestActivity extends Activity { //... // Working for all API levels @Override public boolean onKeyDown(int keyCode, KeyEvent event) { if (keyCode == KeyEvent.KEYCODE_BACK) { moveTaskToBack(true); } return super.onKeyDown(keyCode, event); } // Alternative variant for API 5 and higher @Override ...

Web resources about - Trying to start android emulator in Delphi XE5 - embarcadero.delphi.firemonkey

Emulator - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is about emulators in computing . For a line of digital musical instruments, see E-mu Emulator . For the Transformers character, ...

Mac App Store - Opera Mobile Emulator
Get Opera Mobile Emulator on the Mac App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Genesis emulator in a controller auto launches on Windows PC - YouTube
READ THE DESCRIPTION FOR LINKS AND DETAILS! Down below here. So I made a Genesis emulator in a controller. It is basically a USB Saturn style ...

Nintendo patent hints at official Game Boy emulator for mobile phones
... filed by Nintendo that shows the company is interested in bringing Game Boy titles to mobile devices through emulation technology. Many emulators ...

Video shows MAME Emulator in action on tvOS-based Apple TV
... experimenting with different ways to take advantage of the iOS 9-based tvOS operating system. Developer Kevin Smith has created a MAME Emulator ...

BlueStacks Android emulator lets you use apps on your PC
A new Windows PC program has just hit beta testing that allows Android users to fire up apps on their computers, even the ones they’ve already ...

Microsoft Visual Studio Emulator now supports Android Studio and Eclipse with ADT
Microsoft's Visual Studio Emulator for Android was launched only last November. It was the tech company's attempt at getting developers working ...

Apps of the Week: Pocket Trains, My Wendy's, DraStic DS Emulator and more!
Another week, another great set of app picks from the folks here at Android Central.

Android L 64-bit emulator finally out, only for Intel x86
From Google I/O 2014, we were treated to a preview of Android next OS releases, now known popularly as Android L. Android head honcho Sundar ...

Nostalgic And Awesome: Fully Working TI-83, TI-85, And TI-86 Android Emulators Hit The Market
Sure, there are some excellent calculators in the Android Market, but do any of them make you hesitate for a minute when looking at them to figure ...